thirteen.

all an act.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Now that Riku has feelings for Mayuka once again, she has been feeling jealous.

Ever since she saw Mayuka and Jeongin hug last week, she's been on edge and tense.

Why couldn't she let her hug her that easily? What is going on between those two?

Riku can't help but fear for the worst.

Her hatred for Mayuka quickly changed into affection and some sort of... possessiveness.

Riku blames it all on the drama they are filming. All because they are playing the role of love interests, Riku's old crush on Mayuka has been reignited.

Riku honestly doesn't care that Mayuka kicked her out of their own shared apartment anymore. That was two years ago. Maybe if she could finally get the chance to explain herself, Mayuka would realize that she was wrong to turn on her like that.

Ever since she saw Mayuka and Jeongin hug, Riku has formed a distaste for Jeongin. Not that he did anything wrong, he's a good guy. But... Riku can't help but worry that the two of them have feelings for each other, and thus Jeongin is now her competition to win Mayuka's attention.

She wouldn't have thought much of just a hug if they weren't playing love interests as well and kissing too as part of the script. They could've fallen in love through acting as Riku has when it comes to Mayuka.

She cannot stand the thought of Mayuka with anyone else but her.

Today is a big day for filming. They will be filming scenes at the office set for pretty much the whole day.

Riku arrives to the set along with her manager Mako before beginning to get styled.

Though, she has a mission. Before Mayuka films her scene with Jeongin, she needs to have a talk with her.

As they are both getting styled, Riku turns her slightly head to look over at Mayuka but not mess the stylists up as they work on her hair.

She cannot help but think that Mayuka looks amazing, which only makes her even more hyped for their upcoming scene together. Riku isn't sure if she has ever seen Mayuka look this good since she's known her. Of course, Riku thinks she always looks amazing... even when she first wakes up in the morning with no makeup. But right now... Riku almost couldn't breathe.

She cannot wait to finally get the chance to makeout with Mayuka today. Although it is just for their roles.

"Mayuka... can we talk?" Riku then asks, hoping that Mayuka would hear her out. She has been super difficult lately.

"Hm? What is it?" Mayuka is receptive to Riku's question, looking over at her with only her eyes.

"So... it's about... Jeongin," Riku begins, breaking eye contact.

"What about him?"

"Are you two dating? Please be honest," Riku asks seriously, but the question makes Mayuka laugh.

"No, ," Mayuka responds, rolling her eyes. "I know we didn't talk for... two years and all but... I'm a lesbian, Riku. I don't like men!"

"Oh..." Riku is taken aback, but this only makes her feel happy as it sets in. So... she still has a shot!

"I know I was in denial, but wasn't it obvious?" Mayuka is trying hard to make Riku feel stupid. "Every guy I dated, I broke up with him after a month or two because I 'lost interest.' Turns out I was never interested at all, but I tried to tell myself I was."

Mayuka is right. Riku remembers that during the time the two of them were close, Mayuka had about 4 or 5 boyfriends during those few years, but every relationship was rather short-lived. After a breakup, Mayuka never seemed really upset. Whenever Riku would ask what happened, Mayuka would tell her that they just lost interest and wanted to see new people. Riku blindly believed that it was true. 

"Oh..." is all Riku could say once again. "Do you have a girlfriend?" She suddenly asks, not knowing if she has one or not.

"No. I'm single."

Yes! 

Riku is excited to hear this.

"Okay, just wondering," she responds, secretly cheering on the inside. She absolutely has a shot!

"Why are you asking?" Mayuka asks, raising her eyebrows before winking.

Riku feels her cheeks flush warm.

"It's nothing," she lies. Is Mayuka flirting?

"If you say so," Mayuka shrugs before looking away.

Riku then watches the scene between Mayuka and Jeongin, since she will have to film a scene with Mayuka afterwards.

Riku is very excited

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter