seven.

all an act.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Today is the day.

The day Mayuka will have to film the first "date" scene with Riku.

This time, instead of filming in the office set, they are filming in a park at night. It is nice to have a change in scenery, as the office set has caused Mayuka enough trauma already.

The bad part of this is that this drama is supposed to be set in the summer. Meanwhile, it is the middle of December.

So, Mayuka will have to suffer as she wears summer clothing in winter weather.

She is already cold, despite wearing a coat, as she walks towards the area they are shooting at. It is a small section of the park, just enough for the two women to walk around and chat before sitting down together beneath the stars.

For the this first scene, Kazumi and Minako walk together along the sidewalk beside a river, chatting a bit with a bit of flirting mixed in. The scene is romantic, with nice lighting and the stars bright in the clear sky. They could not have picked a better night to film this scene. It is a beautiful night, minus the cold.

When she arrives and changes into her 'Kazumi' outfit for this scene, she notices that Riku had brought a blanket, which she had wrapped around herself while they weren't shooting. Damn, if only she thought of that! She hasn't had to film many scenes in the cold before, let alone in lighter clothing.

Plus, she had been too busy keeping up with the recent news that broke that the current most famous actress in Japan, Hanabashi Rio, had been caught in a lesbian relationship with her own manager. The news is all over the place, she can't avoid it. It has her in so much that she was too distracted to remember to bring a blanket.

Her manager Nina did not have one either, so Mayuka figures that she was in the same boat as well. It seems like almost everyone is talking about what happened.

Mayuka was very interested learning about it all. It had just been revealed yesterday a few hours before the last scene she had to film with Riku.

Mayuka is a bit disturbed by it all. How did they get cameras to take pictures through their own apartment? She realizes that Rio must have had stalkers which makes her worry that there's crazy stalkers following her every move too.

She doesn't know Rio personally, but she has had to film a movie with her once. Rio was the female lead, of course, and Mayuka played a supporting character. At that time, Rio was living with Ayaka and Riku. Now, as the articles and social media posts detailed, Rio is now living with her manager who she is in a serious relationship with.

But since Mayuka associated Rio with Riku, she didn't talk to her a lot. They were friendly with each other when they did talk, but she never tried to befriend her, simply due to the chance of being invited to their apartment and running into Riku.

Also, because of this, Mayuka is so grateful she and Nina decided that they only like each other as friends. She cannot help but pity what Rio and her manager are going through right now.

So, since Mayuka was distracted by actress drama, she completely forgot to prepare for the colder weather. 

As soon as Mayuka sits down in her chair, Riku speaks up.

"Are you ready for this? You know I don't give in too easily," Riku asks as the stylist fixes her hair.

That last part... why did she have to say that? Mayuka thinks of herself. If this is a challenge, bring it on.

"I'm more than ready," Mayuka responds as the stylist begins to work on her hair.

"Really now?" Riku responds, in a bit of disbelief. "I thought you hated my guts as much as I hate yours."

"I do!" Mayuka responds rather grumpily. "I'm just ready to be better than you."

"Ha! Like that would ever happen," Riku strikes back, smirking a bit.

Mayuka decides not to continue bickering with the other woman, rolling her eyes.

So, the two stay in silence until they're ready to shoot.

As soon as Mayuka takes her coat off, she starts to shiver a little. But she needs to try to shiver as little as possible, so she tri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter