Revisiting the Past.

Being Loved Isn't Always a Good Thing

From now on, I'm going to put the story more in Haeyoung's POV to make it harder to understand what the guys are feeling. This way, it'll be more of a mystery to see how she ends up with and what's going on between the guys. Btw, keep the comments coming! They're very motivating ^^

 

----------------------

 

Haeyoung’s POV

On the way back, Sehun sat in the passenger again while I sat in the back with Kai. Everyone was tired so the only sound in the car was the music on the radio. I was staring outside the window replaying today’s events in my head. I felt my cheeks redden when I thought about Kai’s kiss. I touched my cheek and sighed. It bothered me how I didn’t know much about the guys yet. For all I know, they could be total players. I should probably ask Jiyeon on Monday. It would be a good idea to get closer to them before I even consider them as important people in my life. But it’s so hard because they’re the only friends I have here...

I suddenly felt a weight on my left shoulder. I looked down to discover Kai sleeping on my shoulder. I stared at his face for a while. He looked so calm when he slept compared to his usually animated face. I tore my eyes away from his face and noticed that Luhan was staring at me through the rear view mirror. He quickly looked away and glued his eyes on the road. The conversation we had at the beach suddenly came to mind.

 

“Hey, why are you alone?” he asked as he sat down by me.

“Sehun just got up and went to take a walk. I didn’t want to bother him so I let him go,” I replied nonchalantly. Luhan nodded and looked towards Sehun’s direction. He nodded and looked off into the distance. After a few moments of silence, he suddenly turned to me.

“Have you ever had a boyfriend?” he suddenly asked. I looked up to see his face, but he was looking the other way.

“I’ve had one, not too long ago. He broke up with me right after summer ended.”

Luhan gave me a sympathetic look.

“Oh, I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to bring that up…”

“Nah, it’s fine. I’m over him. He was first boyfriend and my first love, but he definitely won’t be my last,” I replied.

“Is it okay if I ask why you broke up?” he asked cautiously. I sighed and tried to remember what Kevin told me.

“He told me that he fell for another girl. After that, I never saw him again. I tried my best to ask his friends if they knew who the girl was, but they always told me that they didn’t even know he was cheating on me. I tried calling him and I even went to his house, but he never answered his phone and he was never home. It’s funny. We dated for 2 years and he cut me from his life after meeting another girl…” I breathed in a lot of air and bit my lip to keep the tears from falling. Luhan pulled me in for a hug and my hair.

“Don’t cry. You look prettier when you smile.”

If I wasn’t crying, I’d probably be blushing like crazy. I looked up at his face and quickly wiped the small amount of tears from my eyes.

“Aish, let’s stop talking about that babo. What about you? Have you ever had a girlfriend?” I asked, trying to forget about Kevin.

“Nope.”

“Really!?” I asked, shocked. How could someone as good looking as Luhan never have a girlfriend?

“Yeah. You might think that a lot of girls like me, huh?” he asked teasingly.

“Actually, I did… I thought you had every girl swooning over you in school,” I replied jokingly while nudging his side.

“Well, yeah that’s true. But those girls are all about looks. They only like me because of my face, but they never take the time to actually get to know me. Every time they talk to me, they just compliment my face and my acting. They like what they see on the surface and just ignore what I have to offer. Because of that, I never bothered giving any of them a chance.”

I was speechless, literally. I never would’ve figured that Luhan didn’t like the attention. This made me realize that he really was more than just a pretty face.

“I don’t like you just because of your looks,” I blurted out. After realizing what I said, I stiffened and waited for his reaction.

“You… like me?” he asked with a smile on his face.

“…Y-yeah! You know, as a friend. Yeah. Like a homie!” I just called him my homie. Somebody shoot me now.

“Oh.” The smile disappeared from his face and he got up.

“Come on, Kai and Sehun are packing the stuff up. We should go help them.” He walked away without another glance at me.

 

I inwardly sighed to myself. I was starting to regret telling Luhan about Kevin. My break up with him had its impact on me, and I thought I was starting to get over him. However, our conversation brought back unwanted memories and left me sentimental, once again.

 

After a few minutes, I yawned to myself and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

 

“Haeyoung-ah, you’re home now.”

My eyes flitted open. I was laying down on my couch in the living room. While I was sitting up, I saw Luhan standing in front of me. How did I get here?

“Your butler let me in. I already dropped off Sehun and Kai,” he said monotonously.

I silently nodded my head and looked around my house. There was a little bit of tension between us after the conversation and what happened in the car. I played with my hands for a while until Luhan spoke up.

“So… do you live with your parents? I didn’t see them around.”

“Technically, yes. They bought this house for me when I transferred, but they’re currently on a business trip. I rarely see them, but when they’re free, they said they’ll stay here. They spend more nights in hotels than they do at home,” I answered. I noticed a sympathetic look in Luhan’s eyes. “I got used to them never being here. I spend more time with my butler than I do with my parents. It’s fine though. At least I have friends to be with.” I gave a small smile and looked at the floor once again. Luhan pouted his lips and nodded, once again. He was still standing, so I patted the seat next to me and he sat down.

“Your parents must be doing really well with their business. This house is really nice,” he said while looking around. I chuckled to myself and copied his actions. It wasn’t THAT fancy… Okay who was I kidding. It was pretty fancy.

“Hey, are you busy tonight?” I asked.

“Nope, I’m actually free this whole weekend.”

“Can we go somewhere? I haven’t toured around Seoul much and I heard the night life was great.”

His face lit up as he stood up. “Sure, let’s go!”

“Uh, Luhan…”

“Oh, what’s wrong?”

“We just came from the beach. We smell… salty.” I admitted shyly.

“You’re right…” he looked down at the floor and tilted his head. He suddenly looked up with big eyes and an open mouth. “I have extra clothes in my car! Uh, do you think I can just shower here?”

I can tell it was really awkward for him to ask that question. I couldn’t help but chuckle at how uncomfortable he was.

“Sure, I have a guest bathroom upstairs. Go get your clothes and I’ll show you,” I replied while still giggling.

He went out to his car to get his clothes while I went upstairs and looked for an extra towel. I couldn’t find it so I decided to go ask Seungwon. I went downstairs, pressed the button and talked into the microphone.

“Seungwon oppa~” I called.

After a few moments, I heard his voice.

“Neh, Ms. Jin?”

“Do we have any extra towels? You know, for guests?”

“They should be in the closet in the hallway upstairs. Wae?”

Oh crap. I panicked as I tried to come up with an excuse.

“Uhh, I didn’t want to ruin my towel since I just came from the beach and I was going to shower.” That honestly made no sense, but I crossed my fingers and hoped he would accept my reason.

“Oh… Okay. Is that all Ms. Jin?”

I sighed in relief. “Neh. Thank you Seungwon-shi,” I replied.

“You’re welcome. Goodnight,” he replied.

I suddenly felt a pang of guilt for lying to Seungwon and sneaking out. I hoped he was going to stay in his room all night. I turned around to go upstairs and noticed Luhan coming in through the front door.

“Luhan! We need to shower quickly so my butler doesn’t find out. Try not to make the bathroom messy, okay?” I said quickly while pushing him up the stairs and into the guest bathroom. I ran to the closet, got an extra towel, and threw it towards him.

“He doesn’t know you’re here or that I’m going out so shhhh! Hurry and shower, neh?” Before he could reply, I shut the door and ran to get ready and shower.

 

After I was finished getting ready, I went downstairs and saw Luhan standing there. He was wearing a black button down with dark jeans. His hair was still damp from the shower and it looked slightly messy, but still cute. He looked handsome and I looked down at my outfit, feeling slightly under dressed. I was wearing sleeveless dark purple button down with a pair of khaki shorts. My hair was down and I put on a small amount of eyeliner.

“You look pretty.” He must’ve noticed me comparing our outfits. I blushed and muttered a small thank you. We left the house and got inside his car.

“So, where are we going?” I asked while we were putting on our seatbelts.

“It’s a secret.” He winked at me and drove off.

 

 

------------------------

Comment Responses!

@misterhobaby99: I'm currently STILL debating on who I want her to end up with. I'll be sure to put more Kai and Sehun moments soon!

@memememe3296: It's hard, isn't it? Especially when they're all so nice to her, hehe.

@SHANeeLovesSHINee: JDLS;AKJFSA;L OKAY T-T Haha! And oh yeah! I forgot about that :O I haven't seen any scans or bought the MAMA album yet so I haven't seen Lulu's tummy D: