Was He Asking Me on a Date?

Being Loved Isn't Always a Good Thing

This will probably be the only chapter where I include so much details about school, so don't worry about the whole story being about them in school 24/7! This story starts off in November so they're going to be on Winter Break soon. Enjoy!

------------------------

Haeyoung's POV

The bell rang and I gathered my stuff to leave. I walked out of the classroom and looked for Lu Han, hoping he'd walk me to my next class. Unfortunately, he was nowhere to be found. I started walking off before I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw Kai waving at me next to Se Hun. They walked towards me.

"Hey, what's your next class? We can walk you there," Kai said, smiling. Se Hun was just looking around with his hands in his pockets. What's up with him?

"I have AP Biology with Mr. Jung," I told him.

"Oh! Se Hun has that class. My class is on the other side of the school, so I guess he could walk you. Right Se Hun?" Kai nudged him in the side. Se Hun just nodded and started walking to class, leaving me and Kai behind.

"Aish, I'm sorry about him. It might take him a while to warm up to you. He's usually quiet around new people. You should follow him before you get lost. I'll see you later!" Kai waved goodbye and left. I caught up to Se Hun and walked behind him. I wasn't the type to strike up a conversation and apparently, neither was he. We both walked without speaking to each other until we reached the classroom.

"Mr. Jung is a nice teacher, so you don't have to worry about him. You can sit next to me if you want," he told me.

"Do you think you can get him to skip my introduction? I hate public speaking..." Gahh, this was such an embarassing request.

"All you have to do is bow and say your name..." I gave him a puppy look. "But if it bothers you that much, I'll go ask him. Go sit there and wait for me." He pointed at a desk and went to the teacher. After I sat down, he came back with a disappointed look on his face.

"He said you still have to introduce yourself. Sorry about that."

I sighed and went up to the front of the classroom. The bell rang and Mr. Jung got everyone's attention.

"Class, we have a new student here. She really wanted to introduce herself even though it wasn't necessary."

I glared at Se Hun as he smirked to himself.

"Go ahead," Mr. Jung instructed.

I went to the front of the classroom, introduced myself then went back to my seat. I looked at Se Hun as he giggled.

"Yah! Why did you tell Mr. Jung I wanted to introduce myself? That was so embarassing!" I started playfully hitting him on the shoulder as he laughed.

"It was just a friendly joke, calm down! It wasn't that bad. Besides, you looked good up there."

I stopped hitting him and he started shifting around, realizing what he said.

"I mean, you introduced yourself well..." He started fiddling with his stuff and Mr. Jung started class.

After Biology, Kai walked with me to AP Calculus, which we both had. Then, he dropped me off at Cooking Class. I never learned how to cook back home so hopefully this class would help me so I wouldn't have to eat ramen everyday. I walked in the class and saw Lu Han there. He waved to me and I sat next to him.

"So how do you like school so far? Pretty boring huh?" he laughed. I swear, this guy is always happy!

"It's okay so far. No bad teachers or bullies... yet."

"Don't worry, none of the teachers here are bad. I'm not exactly sure about the bullies..."

I gave him a frightened look and he started to laugh.

"Just kidding! Besides, if anyone wanted to bully you, they'd have to go through me." He flexed his arm muscles and made weird faces.

I blushed and looked away. Thankfully, the teacher walked in and the bell rang.

"Alright class!, today we're going to make sushi! I know it's not a Korean dish, but I decided that we should try something different for once. Everybody partner up with someone while I hand out the recipe."

"Hey Lu Han, you want to be-"

"Lu Han! Let's be partners, okay?"

A girl with pigtails walked up and pulled Lu Han's arm. He shot me an apologetic look as he was dragged away. I sighed and was approached by a girl with short hair.

"Annyeong! You must be the new girl, Haeyoung. My name is Choi Jiyeon. Would you like to be my partner?" She smiled at me and I nodded. I got up and followed her to a station and prepared the ingredients.

"So, what year are you in?" she asked.

"3rd. What about you?"

"4th year," she declared. I looked at her. She looked too young to be in 4th year!

"Really? I never would've guessed. You look so young!" I didn't mean to sound offensive, but she really did look like a little girl.

"Haha, I get that a lot. You actually look like a 3rd year though," she commented. "I'm sorry about Lu Han getting taken from you, by the way."

"Haha, yeah... Who is that girl anyways?" I leaned towards her.

"Oh, that's Kang Minhee. She has a huge crush on Lu Han. Everyone else knows about it except for him, even though it's SO obvious!"

I frowned after hearing the news and looked at them. They were both laughing and playing around. Lu Han's eyes met mine. I looked away and continued to roll the sushi. Lu Han really was a good guy. It makes sense that a girl would already like someone like him.

Jiyeon finished cutting the sushi and we placed it into a container. The teacher examined our sushi and wrote down our grade. Just then, the bell rang.

"Here, you can keep the sushi as a welcome gift. I've got to go to the choir room to practice. I'll see you later, okay?" Jiyeon handed me the box of sushi and ran off before I could thank her. She practices during lunch? This girl must be really dedicated. I wonder what she's practicing for... I went to get my stuff and started walking towards the door.

"Haeyoung, wait up!" I turned around and saw Lu Han jogging towards me. "Let's go meet up with Kai and Se Hun for lunch." He grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the classroom. As we left, I heard a girl ask "oh, where'd he go?" in the background.

"Yah! Why are you dragging me!? Can't we just walk like normal people!?" I tugged my arm away and looked at him.

"Sorry, I'm just uh... really hungry! Yeah, practically starving!" He replied nervously and patted his stomach.

"But didn't we just have sushi in cla-"

"LET'S GO!" He grabbed my hand again and pulled me towards the cafeteria. I tried my best to ignore the fact that our hands were linked. We spotted Kai and Se Hun at a table near the window. Lu Han greeted Kai and Se Hun while I sat in front of Se Hun.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go get lunch. You coming Haeyoung?" Lu Han pointed towards the lunch line and I shook my head.

"It's okay, I'll just eat the sushi we made in class. You're not eating yours?" I asked, pointing at his box of sushi.

"Nahh, you guys can have it." Lu Han walked towards the line and Se Hun got up to join him. Kai sat next to me with his tray of food.

"Hey, can I have one of your sushi rolls?" I opened my box and he took one.

"WOW! This is really good! You made this?" I nodded my head and ate one myself. They weren't that special...

"You really are a good cook," he said as he ate the Crunchy Eel roll.

"Thank you," I bowed my head and smiled. We sat in silence until Lu Han and Se Hun came back with their lunches in their hands.

"Hey Haeyoung, you want to go somewhere tonight?" Kai asked. Me, Lu Han, and Se Hun both looked at him surprisingly.

"Ummm... Why do you want me to go?" Was he asking me on a date?

"Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything to you. I just wanted to get to know you better outside of school." Kai looked at me with eager eyes.

"Okay, I'll come. Here, write down your phone number." I gave him my notebook and he wrote it down. I looked at Lu Han and Se Hun and saw them looking at Kai with their jaws dropped.

He smiled and continued to eat his lunch. Lu Han and Se Hun looked at each other and started eating. It wouldn't hurt getting closer to Kai, would it? Besides, Lu Han already had another girl who liked him. Maybe we should invite Se Hun too...

 

 

Kai's POV

"Is it okay if Se Hun comes too?" she asked me.

I really wanted it to be only us two, but I couldn't make it look too obvious. I looked at Se Hun. "It's up to him."

"I guess. Hey Lu Han, you should come too," Se Hun nudged Lu Han causing him to drop his spoonful of rice.

"Aish!" He looked at Se Hun with a mad face. Then he looked at Haeyoung and smiled. "I'll come too."

She started blushing and looked down at her box of sushi. I looked at Lu Han. Don't worry hyung, I'll have her blushing over me in no time.

 

Haeyoung's POV

After lunch, Kai, Lu Han, and Se Hun walked me to Korean Language, AP English, and AP World History. All four of us had these classes together and in every class, I got to sit next to them. Then came PE class. The boys walked me to the girls locker room and said goodbye. I was given gym clothes from the coach and changed. We ran two miles met up with the coach. She dismissed us and I changed and got my stuff. I came out of the locker room and saw Kai, Lu Han and Se Hun waiting for me. Lu Han dangled some keys in his hand.

"You want a ride home?" He asked with a small smile.

"Oh, no thank you. I think my driver is already here..." I said shyly.

"Driver!?" They all asked in unison.

I nodded my head and pointed at the limo in the front.

"Wow, so you're a rich kid? Never would've suspected that..." Kai said.

"Haha, yeah. I'll tell you guys about it later tonight."

"What time did you want me to be there?" I asked Kai.

"6 P.M. is fine."

"Okay, see you then!" Lu Han called and they all waved to me. I started walking towards the limo.

"Don't be late!" Se Hun yelled and jumped. Since when was this guy so animated??

"Okay, I won't! Goodbye guys!" I turned around and waved. The driver opened the door and I got in. I waved to them from the window as the limo drove off.