It's On.

Being Loved Isn't Always a Good Thing

Thankfully, this was the only chapter that got lost when the site crashed. I tried my best to rewrite it. I hope you enjoy it! And please comment and subscribe, I want to hear what you think of the story (: P.S. I changed Haeyoung's last name to Jin. I didn't want it to be the same as Kai's last name :p

------------------------

Se Hun's POV

"Yah! Hurry up! We're already 20 minutes late!!!" Lu Han honked his car horn and yelled out of the driver's window. I was sitting in the passenger seat playing with my phone. Lu Han's hair was gelled into a messy bed head style and he was dressed in a navy v-neck with dark jeans and gray Vans. I wore my hair regularly and was wearing a red polo with jeans and black slip on Vans. We were parked in front of Kai's apartment complex waiting for this loser to hurry up. Just then, Kai came running out. He was wearing a black long-sleeve button down shirt with dark jeans and black converse. His hair looked like hair, but I could tell he made it look that way with hair wax.

"Sorry guys, I was getting ready," he came in the car panting.

"Why are you so dressed up? You wanna look special for someone?" I teased.

"Yeah, about that guys... I call dibs on Haeyoung!" He yelled with a determined look on his face. Dude, we're in the car less than 3 feet away from you. No need to yell. Anyways, that was pretty random. I wondered where that came from...

"Okay." I replied.

"No."

Me and Kai looked at Lu Han.

"What do you mean no? Dibs is dibs!" Kai argued.

"Well, what if I like her too? After all, I did introduce you to her," he reasoned. He has a point...

"Hey hey hey, how about this? The first person who gets kissed on the cheek by Haeyoung gets to have dibs," I offered.

"Since when did you want in on this?" Kai asked defensively. Yeesh, did he like her this much?

"Since I saw her this morning. So are you guys in or not?" I asked tauntingly. Honestly, I didn't like Haeyoung. Sure, she was cute, but she wasn't my type. I just didn't want to miss out on this game. I was met with silence for a few seconds.

"Fine." "I guess."

"There's only one rule. She has to kiss you by her own free will. No one can dare her into doing it," Kai said.

"Alright. Let's go get her now. She's been waiting for a while now," Lu Han backed out of Kai's driveway and drove off.

It's on.

 

Haeyoung's POV

Aish, where are they? I paced back in forth in the living room with my hands on my chin. I was wearing a black cardigan with a pink tank top, light blue shorts, and black booties. I gave up walking back and forth and plopped down on the couch. I started kicking my feet. Did something happen? Did they got lost? Or even worse, what if some gang jumped them!? Maybe I should call 911... Wait! Kai gave me his number! I ran upstairs and rummaged through my backpack. I took out the piece of paper and ran downstairs. I grabbed my phone off the coffee table and dialed his number.

 

Kai's POV

I lost my mind noreul choeummannasseultte

no hanapeggo modeun-goseun get in slow motion~

 

"Yeoboseyo?" I answered my phone.

"Is this Kai?" Only my friends call me Kai.

"Neh, but who is this?" I asked.

"Your stalker."

".......' I was about to hang up until the girl talked again.

"Wait! I'm just kidding! It's Haeyoung! Don't hang up!" she yelled at me over the phone.

"Yah! Haeyoung! I seriously got creeped out!" I replied playfully. I noticed Lu Han looking at me through the rearview mirror. Se Hun turned around to look at me. I just smirked at them.

"Sorry! Where are you guys? Are you okay?" She sounded worried.

"Yeah, we're almost there. Sorry for being late..." I apologized.

"It's okay! I was just worried that something happened to you guys." She was worried about us? How cute!

"No, we're fine. Go outside, we're here."

"Okay." She hung up. Lu Han and Se Hun both looked at me. I looked down at my phone and saved Haeyoung's number. I got out the car and opened the door for her.

"Hey guys, where are we going?" I got in after her and closed the door.

"Where do you want to go?" Lu Han asked her.

"I don't know any of the places around here. I was hoping you guys would know where to go..." Haeyoung bit her lip.

"I have an idea. Let's go eat at my parents' restaurant. They make the best samgyupsal in town," Se Hun winked at Haeyoung. Aish... that brat.

"Okay! Let's go!" Haeyoung nodded and smiled. We drove off.

 

Lu Han's POV

We went inside the restaurant and sat down at our usual table.

"Umma! Appa! We're here!!!" Se Hun shouted. The other customers stared at us. They were used to our rowdiness. But they weren't used to a girl being with us.

"Aish, how many times do I have to tell you kids-" Here eyes landed on Haeyoung. "Oh, and who is this pretty young lady?" she asked smiling.

Haeyoung got up and bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo. Jin Haeyoung-imnida."

"Annyeong! I'm Se Hun's mom. Whose girlfriend are you?" she asked innocently. We all looked at Se Hun's mom then at Haeyoung to see her reaction. Well, this is awkward.

"No no no! It's not like that, haha..." Haeyoung scratched the back of her head. "I just transfered to YISS and they were the first group of FRIENDS that I made." She made sure to put extra emphasis on 'friends'.

"I'm sorry! I just assumed because... Oh well nevermind. I'll just go get the samgyupsal!" Se Hun's mom laughed and walked to the kitchen. I glanced at Se Hun and noticed him shaking his head with his hand on his forehead.

When the samgyupsal came, Se Hun cooked the meat for Haeyoung on put it on her plate. Me and Kai stared him down, but he didn't seem to notice. Haeyoung smiled and ate the meat happily. Se Hun and I ate carefully around Haeyoung so we wouldn't look like pigs. Kai, on the other hand, was eating the meat before it even got a chance to cool down.

"Kai..." Haeyoung pointed to the sauce on his face. Kai tried it off and Haeyoung giggled. "Here, I'll get it for you." She wiped the sauce off his face with a napkin. This kid...

"So Haeyoung, where did you transfer from?" I put my arm around her shoulder and leaned close to her. Kai and Se Hun looked like they were about to jump up any second to prevent me from getting closer. I wasn't going to kiss her or anything. I just wanted to see her reaction to skinship, that's all.

"N-New Yo-york Ci-ci-city." She stuttered. Aha, kyupta! I guess she was sensitive to skinship afterall. I took my arm off her shoulder and noticed her let out a deep breath. I returned to eating while Kai tried to strike up a conversation about living in New York.

 

Kai's POV

After dinner, we went outside and stood on the sidewalk. I got a text and so did Se Hun. Lu Han was looking around attempting to not look suspicious. We checked our phones.

 

Text Message:

Lu Han: Hey, let's take her to NB. I'm sure she'll have fun there ;)

 

"Where to now?" Haeyoung asked. Me, Lu Han and Se Hun looked at each other and nodded.

"I have an idea. Come on, get in the car," Lu Han opened the car and we all got in.

 

Haeyoung's POV

We pulled in front of a building with a neon sign that read Club NB. I gulped as we got out of the car. I wasn't dressed to go clubbing! AND we're underaged!

"Hey guys, how are we going to get in? We don't have any IDs..." I asked shyly.

"Leave that up to me," Se Hun said. He walked towards the door, which was guarded by two bouncers. They were talking for a while and I got bored of the scene, so I started kicking dirt around.

"YAH! COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE BRAT!"

I looked up to find the two bouncers chasing Se Hun. Before I had time to react, Kai took my hand and we ran inside the club along with the group of people that were waiting in line.

"Wah... Daebak." I said to myself. The music was blasting and the crowd of people were moving as one. I could barely hear myself think. Girls were wearing short, skin-tight dresses while the guys were dressed in polos and jeans. With my outfit, I probably stood out really bad. I looked around and noticed that I lost Kai and Lu Han. CRAP. Where the hell did they go!? I started panicking and walking around. I was getting pushed and shoved by drunk dancing idiots. This was not fun. A few guys touched me while I passed by and I slapped every single one of them. Thankfully, they were so drunk out of their minds that they just continued dancing. Why were there so many people here on a school night anyways?

I noticed there was a crowd of people gathered around an empty circle. I walked towards it and noticed Kai and Lu Han in the middle. They were break dancing to the music. I'm guessing they rehearsed it since it's impossible for both of them to be doing the exact same thing without planning ahead. That only happened in movies. I noticed Se Hun on the other side of the crowd. I was about to head over there until the music stopped and the spotlight shone on Se Hun.

"You! Stop right there!" I looked towards the DJ stand and noticed the two bouncers standing there, one of them holding a mic. The crowd stopped moving and a few people were yelling at the DJ to put the music back on. Se Hun took off. After a few seconds of being frozen, Kai and Lu Han ran as well. I did the same and ran towards what I thought was the exit. Sadly, I ended up near the DJ stand. One bouncer caught sight of me and started chasing me. I shrieked and started running the opposite direction. All of a sudden, I felt someone's hand take mine and yank me another direction. I just closed my eyes and followed who ever was dragging me.

When the sound of music faded away, I opened my eyes and saw Kai leading me. We ran into a small dark alley and stood there.

"Shhhh." He put his finger on my lips as we panted. He trapped me between him and the brick wall, leaving no empty space between us. My heart started beating quickly. Thank God we were in a dark alley or else he would've seen how red my face was. We waited for the bouncers to run by. I let my breath out and we both walked out.

"Well, that was fun." Kai smiled at me and put his hands on his waist. He was panting too.

"Yah! Why did you leave me in the crowd! Do you know how scared I was!?" I started hitting him while he tried his best to block with his arms.

"-ouch- Sorry! Your hand -ouch- slipped away from mine's -ouch- and then we couldn't find -ouch- WOULD YOU STOP HITTING ME!?" He stepped back a few steps while waving his arms towards me. I crossed my arms and nodded for him to go on.

"Thanks. As I was saying, after I lost you, I went to go looking for you. Somehow I bumped into Lu Han. We both went looking for you and after a while, this song came on. We were practicing a routine to that song so the music kinda took over. But we saw you in the crowd and we were going to get you right after the song stopped until the bouncers came in and ruined everything," he explained to me.

"Aish..." I scratched the back of my head. It wasn't really his fault. There was just too much people in that building... "Next time, can we just go to someone's house, like good high school students? We should save the clubbing for summer break."

"What about weekends?" Kai asked.

".....We'll see," I replied, smirking. "Where are the others?"

"Who cares. We'll see them tomorrow anyways. I should probably get you home. Come on." He started walking.

"It's okay, I'll just call my driver to pick me up." I took out my cell phone and looked for his number in my contact list.

"Is he supposed to know we're here?" Kai looked at me.

"No..." I put my phone back in my pocket.

"Let me walk you home then." He put out his arm. I reluctantly looped my arm in his and we started walking home.

 

Lu Han's POV

"I'm sorry, but the number you are trying to call is not available right now. Please leave a mess-"

 

I hung up my phone. "Where the hell did they go?" We were waiting by my car for the duo that went MIA.

"Relax Lu Han. Kai's with Haeyoung. You don't have to worry," Se Hun reassured me.

"That's exactly why I'm worrying! God knows what he could be doing to her!" I threw my hands up in frustration.

"Whoah, calm down. You and I both know that Kai isn't like that." He came up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Aish, whatever." I shrugged his hand off. "Shouldn't you be worried too? After all, we're all going for the same girl. Kai would do anything to win her heart."

"Nahhh. I don't even like her like that." I looked at him with a confused look on my face. Didn't he say he liked her?

"What do you mean? I thought you did."

"Nope. I just didn't want to be left out of the game," he replied indifferently.

"Pfff, the game that YOU made."

"Somebody's a little grumpy today... I just wanted to make this interesting. Why are you so irritable anywas? Aren't you supposed to be the happy one?" Se Hun taunted me and poked my arm.

"Just forget it." I opened the car and we got in. This wasn't fair. I met Haeyoung first. I had a crush on her first. I even introduced her to Kai and Se Hun. And what happens? Kai gets to have alone time with her. But then again, why AM I being like this? I barely knew her, but she was always in the back of my mind. UGH. This is so frustrating!

"Ummm, hyung... Are you okay?" Se Hun asked from the passenger side. He pointed to the steering wheel. I noticed my hands were strangling it. I loosened my grip and gave him a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I turned the car on and we headed home.