A Day at the Beach Part 2

Being Loved Isn't Always a Good Thing

 

Wahhh~ Thank you to everyone that commented! I didn't expect you guys to read my update so quickly. Welcome to the new subscribers as well! Honestly, I treasure your comments. They motivate me to keep updating because I know you guys actually like the story. Please keep them coming! Also, tell me your opinion of what's going on and who you want Haeyoung to end up with. I'm really curious to hear your replies ^^ Enjoy!

P.S. I should be updating more frequently now because summer started. My summer classes are going to end in about 2 weeks. Btw, do you guys like the new poster I made? (:

----------------------

 

Kai’s POV

She remained silent and touched the part of her cheek that I just kissed. I smiled to myself as I got up. I extended my hand towards her to help her up.

“Come on, let’s go see what Luhan and Sehun are up to.”

She hesitantly took my hand and followed me. We walked hand in hand for a few minutes until Sehun and Luhan came into view. She suddenly pulled her hand from mine and kept a reasonable difference from me. I looked at her face and realized she was still blushing. Aigoo, she’s so cute.

“Hey! Where have you guys been?” Luhan asked as we approached.

“We were just talking over there. What do you guys want to do now?” I replied.

 

Luhan’s POV

I exchanged glances with Sehun. I wonder what they were talking about…

“Hmmm, we can always play in the water. I should’ve brought my volleyball…” I said.

Just then, a volleyball came flying our way. I closed my eyes and we all ducked. At least, I thought we all did.

“OUCH!”

I opened my eyes and saw Sehun clutching his head with a pained expression on his face.

“Oppa! Are you okay??” Haeyoung asked with a worried expression. After I noticed the sudden attention she was giving him, I patted Sehun’s back.

“Nah, he’s a big kid. A hit on the head can’t faze him, right Sehunnie?” I teasingly asked.

“Aish, it really hurts. My head is throbbing…” he groaned.

I noticed Kai come back with an ice bag in his hand. (When did he even leave?) He handed it to Sehun and helped him position it on his head.

“I’ll keep Sehun company. You guys can go play,” Haeyoung said.

“Come on hyung, let’s go play with them!” Kai pulled me towards the group of people playing volleyball. We bowed as we approached them. They quickly welcomed us and put us on the same team. Every now and then, I looked back to where Haeyoung and Sehun were sitting. Every time I looked, they were smiling and laughing. At one point, Sehun made eye contact with me and smirked. That little brat…

 

Sehun’s POV

I looked back at Haeyoung and smiled. She was looking at Luhan and Kai playing volleyball with the other group of people. I couldn’t help but stare at her face. While I was admiring her face, she looked at me. I cleared my throat and looked the other way.

“So, what were you and Kai talking about?” I asked, hoping she didn’t notice me staring.

“I just apologized to him about what happened in the car earlier,” she replied quietly. I looked at her wide-eyed.

“And he just forgave you like that?? He didn’t make you do anything to make it up??” I asked. Usually he’d make Luhan and I do something to show how ‘sincerely sorry’ we were when we made him angry. Usually, those tasks included quite a bit of embarrassment and left a horrible memory in our brains, which constantly reminded us to never make him mad again. She quickly nodded and touched her cheek. The fact that he let her off the hook so easily surprised me. I scoffed and got up.

“Hey, where are you going?” Haeyoung asked while standing up.

“I’m going to go… take a walk. I need to think. I’ll see you later?” I nonchalantly said. I patted her head and turned my back, not even bothering to wait for a reply.

I walked along the water and occasionally kicked my feet in the water. This is just a game, right? The only reason I’m in this situation is because I wanted to taunt Kai and Luhan. But why do I get jealous every time I see her with them? I can’t be falling for her… can I?

“Aish!” I scratched my head and kicked the water.

“Whoah, watch where you’re kicking!”

I looked up and saw Kai playfully holding his arms in the air.

“Oh, sorry. Why aren’t you playing volleyball?” I asked.

“Ehhh, I got tired of it. I just thought I’d play in the sand for a bit but it got boring. So I walked around, saw you, and now here I am.” He held out his hands at his sides and sighed.

“Where’s Luhan?”

“Over there with Haeyoung.” He pointed towards the area that I was just at a few minutes ago. They looked like they were having a pretty serious conversation.

“And you let him go there with her?” I asked, surprised. I figured he’d be trying to get all of her attention on him.

“Yeah. I had enough time with her earlier,” he replied. He looked towards the ground and started smiling.

“Hey… I know that smile,” I accusing said. “What happened between you two now!?”

“Shhhhh!” He put his hand over my mouth. After a few seconds, he lowered his hands and put them behind his back. “I just kissed her on the cheek. That’s all.”

“YAH! YOU BROKE ONE OF THE RULES. YOU WEREN’T SUPPOSED TO-” He slapped his hand over my mouth yet again.

“Be quiet, will you!?” he whispered loudly. I gave him a death glare and forced his hand off.

“Fine! But still, you weren’t supposed to kiss her! Now it’s obvious that you like her, and that’s cheating!” I scolded.

“And how is that cheating!?”

“Because, if she realizes that you have feelings for her, then she’ll consider liking you too. That’s how!”

“Aish, well… what can I do? I already kissed her,” he guiltily rubbed the back of his neck.

“How about next week, you can’t talk to her at ALL,” I smugly replied.

“Yah! That’s not fair! What if she thinks I’m mad at her!?” Kai yelled.

“Well whose fault is that? That’s what you get for kissing her when we told you not to!” I said. He gritted his teeth and stared at the ground.

“Ugh! Fine…” he mumbled before storming off.

I huffed and looked towards Luhan and Haeyoung. No wonder Kai let her off so easily. Maybe that’s why she touched her cheek. Whatever. Sehun, look at the bright side. Next week, he won’t be able to talk to her. That’ll just leave Luhan as my only opponent.

Take your time with her, Luhan. Next week, she’s all mine.

 

 

------------------------

Comment Responses!

@SHANeeLovesSHINee: The only one that's been shirtless is Kai, LOL. I'll try my best to update more often (:

@Serrae1: Thank you! And they'll be important in the story soon ;D

@NoeNation: asdjf;lksj;lkajdfs <3

@misterhobaby99: I'm still debating on who she'll end up with. I have someone in mind, but it can easily change. I'll put in a lot of Kai moments though, so don't worry! And oops, sorry! Minyoung is from my other fic. I accidentally mixed their names up x_x I fixed it though. Thank you for telling me! I'm surprised you noticed :O

@memememe3296: Thank you <3 I'll try my best to update often. Comment your opinion! I'd like to hear what you think :D