Night Out.

Being Loved Isn't Always a Good Thing

The story is starting to pick up its pace! I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I did writing it. It's honestly my favorite chapter so far ^^ Comment and subscribe <3

----------------------

 

 

Haeyoung's POV

During the car ride, we talked about everything and nothing. I learned that he’s been friends with Sehun and Kai ever since they were little. He told me a few embarrassing stories of them and left me gasping for air as I laughed. We talked about our unforgettable moments in our childhood and our deathly fear of heights. It turns out, we had a lot more in common then I thought.

“So, tell me about your parents,” I said after the conversation died down.

“I love my parents. Even though I only see them once a month, they did a great job raising me and making sure I lived a nice lifestyle. I couldn’t be more thankful. Although, I kind of which I had a sibling.” I saw a small smile on his lips while he focused on the road.

“But you have Sehun and Kai, right?”

“Yeah, but it’s not the same. Kai didn’t have parents to lean on during the most important moments of his life, so he naturally became close to Sehun’s parents. They’re more like siblings while I’ve been more like their… mentor or something.” Luhan chuckled as he briefly glanced at me. After a while, I hesitantly asked Luhan what was bothering me all day.

“What exactly happened to Kai’s family?”

He sighed and readjusted his grip on the steering wheel.

“I think he should be the one to tell you that,” he replied with a grave tone. I nodded and stared at the road ahead of us. After a few minutes, Luhan pulled into a parking lot.

“We’re here,” he said.

“Where’s here exactly?” I looked around. This parking lot seemed to be in the middle of nowhere. It was nighttime so it was difficult to see anything.

“You’ll see. What time is it?”

I looked at my phone. “6:59.”

Luhan nodded and turned the car off. We left the car and stood outside. What now? I opened my mouth to ask Luhan until suddenly, the area in front of us lit up. I shielded my eyes from the lights. After my eyes adjusted to the brightness, I slowly put down my hand and took in the beautiful sight.

 

“Wah, where is this place?” I asked while admiring the view of the park.

“It’s next to my parents’ first hotel. I used to come here a lot as a kid when they first started. It became my favorite place to visit whenever I needed time to think,” he replied with his hands in his pockets. I looked around and noticed the big hotel near the area.

“That hotel is HUGE!” I commented, amazed by the height of the building. I looked at the name of the hotel. LH Suites. The name sounded oddly familiar, but I brushed it off.

“Yeah, my parents upgraded over the last couple of years. Come on, let’s walk around,” Luhan said as he suddenly grabbed my hand and led the way. My cheeks instantly reddened. His confidence was… charming.

He led us to an opening in the park that had various street vendors set up in a square. We walked around and he briefly let go of my hand to buy us food to eat. While he was deciding what to buy, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I checked it and saw that Kai texted me.

Kai: Haeyoung! Did you get home safely? You were still asleep when we got back so Luhan hyung dropped me and Sehun off first. Did you have fun today?

I decided against replying to him and figured I would reply when I got home. Luhan came back with the food in his hands and handed some to me. I honestly had no idea what any of these foods were, so I hesitantly took a bite.

“OMO, this is delicious!” I exclaimed and quickly took another bite.

He chuckled at my reaction and messed with my hair before grabbing my hand again.

“I know a place where we can sit and eat,” Luhan stated while smiling.

He led me to a small lake at the edge of the park. He let go of my hand and we sat down on a bench near the water.

 

While we were sitting down, I looked at Luhan. I observed the way his eyes would change whenever he smiled or laughed and the way he would look away when he started to blush at something I said. After I finished eating, I laid my head on his shoulder. He started to tell me stories about his childhood while I listened silently, admiring his voice. I eventually felt his arm around my shoulder and I started to smile uncontrollably. I’ve never felt this happy with any one before, even with Kevin. We sat in a comfortable silence for what seemed like forever. Honestly, I felt like I could stay like this forever. Suddenly, he cleared his throat.

“We should get going. It’s already 10pm,” Luhan said while we were getting up.

“Already? Time passed by so fast…” I said sadly. I didn’t want this day to end.

“It’s okay, I can take you out tomorrow if you want?” He put his hand on my shoulder and smiled. I nodded excitedly as he chuckled and took my hand and walked to the car.

The car ride was silent and I quickly fell asleep again. I felt a pair of arms unbuckle my seatbelt and lift me up. After fully awakening, I opened my eyes while Luhan was carrying me.

“Oppa?” I asked cutely.

“Oh, you’re awake now!” He set me down and I walked with him to the door. When we reached my door, I turned around to face him.

“Thank you for taking me out today, Luhan. I had a good time.” I said shyly. I was avoiding his gaze and looking at the ground. My stomach was still full of butterflies.

“No problem. Oh yeah, what’s your number?” Luhan asked.

That's right. I forgot that I only gave Kai my number. I told him my number and he called my phone. I saved his number and put my phone in my pocket.

“I’ll text you tomorrow when I wake up.”

“Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow, then. Goodnight oppa.” I bowed my head and turned to open the door. Just then, he grabbed my wrist and gently turned me around. He leaned in and I closed my eyes. Instead of feeling his lips on mine, he kissed my forehead instead. I blushed for the hundredth time today as he pulled away.

“Goodnight princess,” he simply said. He winked at me and walked towards his car.

I stood there, frozen in my spot. After he drove off, I finally returned to my senses and quickly went inside. I went up to my room and got ready for bed. Before I fell asleep, I got a text.

Luhan: Haeyoung-ah, I hope you finally went inside. You were still standing outside when I left, tsk tsk. You might catch a cold if you stay out for too long! Anyways, sweet dreams <3 I'll see you tomorrow.

I smiled at my phone as I sent a quick reply.

Haeyoung: Neh, oppa. I finally came inside! Haha. Thank you again for tonight. Sleep well~ I'm looking forward to seeing you..

I couldn't help but mentally shake my head at how cheesy I was being. I felt the butterflies return as I tried to fall asleep, despite how happy I was at the moment. After half an hour of trying to sleep, I gave up and I thought about the long day I had. The fight with Kai. The kiss on the cheek. Sehun's sudden coldness. The conversation with Luhan about Kevin. The date with Luhan... Wait, did I just say date? Well, that DID sound appropriate. There was nothing else to call it. The moment by the lake came to my mind. The way he held my hand and put his arm around me felt so... perfect. His touch had a positive effect on me, no matter how insignificant the physical contact seemed. Then I remembered the warmth of his lips as he kissed my forehead. There was definitely a possibility that he liked me. My heart started pounding and I closed my eyes.

I was falling really hard for Luhan.

 

------------------------

Comment Responses!

@SHANeeLovesSHINee: Oh my goodness O_O Thank you for the links! And of course they'll have their turn ;)

@study_xd: Welcome! I hope you like the story so far.

@misterhobaby99: /sobs Okay so I decided to change Alex into an EXO member. Kevin is his english name and I forgot to change it on the foreword. Sorry for the confusion.