A Day Off.

Being Loved Isn't Always a Good Thing

You guys have no idea how excited I was when I logged on and saw all the comments. I find it funny how everyone commented after the kiss, teehee. Well, enjoy this chapter! I already have the next two chapters typed out, but I'm probably going to tweak them a little. P.S. The first semester of the school year is coming to a close. I just wanted to clarify where exactly this story is time-wise. I feel like I made this love triangle thing too short, huhuhu T-T Anyways, enjoy the Sehun chapter ;D

------------------------

 

Sehun’s POV

I was talking to Kai in homeroom about watching a movie this weekend when Haeyoung walked in.

“Oh hey Haeyoung!” I greeted. She simply nodded and smiled a little. I brushed it off.

“Do you want to watch a movie with us this weekend? I heard it was going to be AWESOME!”

“I-I can’t. I have plans,” she replied without looking at me.

“With who? We’re your only friends here!”

“Um, my butler.”

I looked at Kai.

“She has a butler?” I mouthed. He simply nodded.

Something was up. Who hangs out with their butler?

 

Luhan’s POV

I was sitting in cooking class playing with my couple ring and waiting for Haeyoung. She walked in and I automatically smiled.

“Hey Haeyoung!” I got up.

She nodded towards me but walked past me and sat in the back of the classroom.

Why is she avoiding me?

 

Haeyoung’s POV

I knew this wasn’t fair to them, but I needed time to sort out my feelings. Being with them wouldn’t help me, so I had to force myself to keep my distance.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sehun’s POV

For the next few weeks, Haeyoung avoided us. She sat with different people during classes and disappeared during lunch. I asked Luhan what was wrong with her, but he simply told me he didn’t know. She even switched partners in their cooking class for the wedding cake project. I decided to ask Kai when we were walking home.

“Hey Kai, do you know what’s wrong with Haeyoung?”

“Huh? Oh um, no.”

I raised my eyebrow. Suspicious much?

“Okay, you at lying. Spill it,” I replied.

“W-what are you talking about? I don’t kn-know anything!” Kai replied. I shook my head.

“Kai, hiding something isn’t going to help us figure out why she’s avoiding us.”

“Fine… I kissed her.” Kai looked the other way. Was he serious!? I put my arm in front of him and stopped him.

“Yah! Why didn’t you tell us earlier!?” I hit him in the back of his head.

“Ouch! Stop it with the physical violence!” He rubbed his head.

“This whole time me and Luhan were feeling guilty thinking we did something wrong when you knew all along!” I scolded.

“Look, I’m sorry! When I left after the kiss, I thought she was just frozen with happiness or something.”

“You’re an idiot.”

“I know… So what do we do?”

“Nothing. There’s clearly a reason why she doesn’t want to talk to us. We’ll just have to wait and see what she does.”

Kai nodded.

“Don’t tell Luhan about the kiss. It’ll just anger him and he’ll go to Haeyoung. We both know that won’t end up pretty.”

“But what if he gets mad at me when she tells him!” Kai whined.

“ it up! It’s better if Haeyoung tells him. You have to promise not to tell him anything and I won’t either.” I held out my pinky finger. He groaned before linking his pinky with mine.

“Alright, let’s go.”

 

Next day in school, I ran to Biology class and waited outside the door for Haeyoung. When I saw her, I quickly grabbed her arm and dragged her outside.

“Yah, Sehun! What are you doing!?”

“We’re skipping the rest of school today. We need to talk.” I kept dragging her.

“Why is no one stopping us? What kind of school lets their kids walk out just like this??”

“Come on and stop being so difficult. It’s just one day. Plus, we never had a chance to hang out with just the two of us. Why not do it today?”
“Because we have school! Sehun, let’s go back! We’re missing class!” Haeyoung whined. I was growing tired of her whining so I pulled out the handcuffs from my pocket. I knew I was going to have to use these. Her eyes widened.

“If you don’t stop whining, I’m going to cuff us together.”

She nodded. I turned around and started walking with her trailing behind me. When we got closer to our destination, I heard Haeyoung stop walking. I turned around questioningly.

“We’re going to an amusement park?” she asked.

“Yeah, what’s wrong with that?”

“Nothing… I just didn’t think we’d be going here.”

“Well, you clearly need to have some fun, little Ms. I’m-going-to-avoid-my-friends-for-a-few-weeks-and-stay-all-lonely-and-depressed.”

“I have my reasons!” she argued.

“I know. And today, I’m going to find out. But for now, we’re going to have some fun. Let’s gooooo!” I yelled as I grabbed her hand and dragged her onto the nearest ride.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Sehun! We rode –  almost every ride – in this park! Can we please – stop?” Haeyoung panted. Oopsie, I guess I tired her out.

“That depends, did you have enough fun?” I teasingly asked.

“Yes yes yes!”

“Liar, you closed your eyes and nearly cried on every ride!”

“Well, I’m not much of a thrill seeker!”

“Oh, I’m sorry. You should’ve told me that earlier Haeyoung!”

“I wanted to see if I’d enjoy it this time, but clearly I was wrong,” Haeyoung pouted.

“Aigoo, you’re so cute! Now I see why Kai and Luhan like you,” I said while pinching her cheeks. Haeyoung froze. Bingo. She pulled my hands away and looked away.

“You want to tell me why you’ve been avoiding us now?” I asked. She sighed and motioned me to follow her. We walked to the Ferris wheel. The line was short since it was a school day, so we quickly got on.

“On the weekend we went to the beach, a lot of things happened.”

“So I’ve heard,” I nodded.

“Should’ve known. Anyways, after the beach, I asked Luhan to take me out so we went to a park. That night, when he took me home, he kissed me on the cheek. The next day, we went shopping and he bought me this.” She held up her hand to show me the couple ring. I nodded for her to continue. “After we went shopping and ate, we went to my house to watch a movie and I ended up falling asleep. On Sunday, Kai came over to bring me lunch. I told him to stay and eat, but he said he’d make it up for after school the next day. So, on Monday, he came over and we ate. After that, he tutored me in Calculus. Then I , so he tickled me and we started chasing each other. I somehow tripped and he ended up on top of me. He leaned in to kiss me and… I let him. I even kissed him back.” Haeyoung shifted in her seat, obviously uncomfortable with the story. I patted her knew to reassure her. “I don’t know what I was thinking. I really like Luhan, but for some reason, I didn’t turn my head when Kai tried to kiss me. After we kissed, I realized that I had feelings for Kai too. So, the reason I’ve been avoiding you guys is because I needed time to sort out my feelings.”

We sat in silence for a bit and I let Haeyoung breathe.

“You know what you have to do, right?” I asked. She shook her head.

“Well, in my opinion, you should clear things up with Kai and tell him you like Luhan also. Then, you should tell Luhan that you and Kai kissed.”

Haeyoung seemed to ponder on what I said. She finally nodded.

“Thank you Sehun. I’m really happy you’re here to listen to me. I should’ve talked to you sooner.” She hugged me. I patted her back and pulled away. I was glad I gave up on her before things grew serious. I would’ve hated for her to choose between all three of us.

“No problem. I’m always here if you need me. Oh, wait.” I took out my phone.

“What’s your number? That way you can always call me if you need someone to talk to.”

Haeyoung gave me her number and I texted her to give her mine. She sighed and smiled. I haven’t seen her smile in so long. I nearly forgot what she looked like when she smiled.

“I’m really thankful to have you, Sehun. You’re a good friend.”

“That’s me.” I flashed her a smile and she giggled. We got off the Ferris wheel and left the park. I looked at my phone and realized it was getting late.

“You want to eat and then I’ll walk you home?”

“Sure, that sounds good,” Haeyoung replied.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Haeyoung’s POV

After we ate, Sehun walked me home. I hugged him one more time and bid him goodnight. I was so glad Sehun was here to help me. Without him, I probably would’ve gone crazy. I got ready for bed and went to sleep in peace for the first time in weeks. I knew what I had to do tomorrow and I needed a lot of rest.

 

------------------------

Comment Responses!

@SHANeeLovesSHINee: I love your spam, haha. I'm trying my best to update everyday, especially since I'm typing ahead now ^^

@henris11: I try my best to tone down the cheesiness but I can't help it D: In chapter 12, after Luhan showed Kai his couple ring, he also let Kai talk to Haeyoung and told him that he kissed her as well :3 And no problem! I really enjoy talking to my subscribers.

@misterhobaby99: I'M SORRY, BUT THEY HAD TO. LE DRAMA.

@fida0704: Continue shipping Kai! He needs some lovin', haha.

@Serrae1: OH GOSH, there's teams now! Haha jk, but what do you think his reaction would be? ;D (trying my best not to spoil!)