Only Look At Me.

Being Loved Isn't Always a Good Thing

I really can't decide who I want her to end up with now T-T Don't worry! This story is far from over, so it can always change. I hope you enjoy this chapter! It's really short and there's practically no Sehun or Kai D: I feel bad for everyone whose biases are Sehun and Kai, so I'll make sure to give them some time with Haeyoung. Enjoy~

----------------------

 

Haeyoung’s POV

“Ms. Jin! Ms. Jin! Open this door right now!”

I hesitantly opened my eyes and looked at my clock. It was only 8 in the morning. The loud banging on the door continued and I groaned as I reluctantly got up.

I opened the door and saw Seungwon with a very serious expression on his face.

“Seungwon… Do you know what time it i-”

“Ms. Jin. Why was this in the guest bathroom?” Seungwon held up a pair of dirty clothes. My eyes widened as I realized who the owner was. They were Luhan’s clothes. How could he forget his own pair of clothes!?

“Oh! Ummm, haha. Uhh, about that-”

“I can’t believe you lied to me about the towel,” Seungwon said with disappointment as he cut me off, once again. He proceeded to make his way into my room and lift up my bed sheets.

“Where is he? He couldn’t have left too long ago…”

“Seungwon! I didn’t sleep with him!” I couldn’t believe he thought I’d sleep with a guy after being here for barely a week!

“Oh yeah? Then how do you explain the dirty clothes in the bathroom?” He asked while holding up Luhan’s clothes. I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck.

“I asked my friend Luhan to take me out after we came home from the beach with our friends. But I noticed that we still smelled like the beach so I suggested we should take a shower in separate bathrooms. He had extra clothes in his car and I guess he forgot to get his dirty clothes when he was done.” I was staring at the floor with my hands behind my back. I made sure to put extra emphasis on the word ‘separate’ so he wouldn’t assume anything else.

He sighed and rubbed his temples. He briefly left the room and came back with Luhan’s clothes in a plastic bag.

“Next time, just tell me the truth, arasso? I almost had a heart attack when I found this. Imagine what would have happen if I told your parents…” Seungwon’s voice silently trailed off. The guilt from last night came back. I gave him a small hug and felt his body stiffen under my arms.

“Sorry, Seungwon-shi. I promise to not lie to you anymore. In fact, I’ll introduce you to Luhan,” I said as I retreated from the hug. I gave him a small smile while he looked at me with a tired expression.

“This Luhan guy, do you like him?” he asked. I was surprised from the sudden question. I thought for a while before answering.

“I-I think I do…” I replied, trying my best not to blush.

"What about that Kai guy?" he asked curiously. I forgot Seungwon "met" Kai. Well, more like "shooed away".

"I'm not sure, Seungwon. I mean, he's nice and kind to me, but last night, Luhan took really good care of me." I tried my best to explain my feelings to him. Even I didn't know who I liked.

Seungwon seemed to understand my emotional confusion. He just nodded sympathetically, not knowing what to say.

“Well, I’ll be going out to visit my family today, if you don’t mind, Ms. Jin,” he reported.

“I don’t mind at all Seungwon-shi. In fact, you can take the rest of the weekend off.” I felt bad for him not being able to see his family that often because of me. His wife and children must hate me… He gave me a questionable look.

“I’m not sure if I can leave you alone here…” he said.

“I promise nothing will happen between me and him! I’ll make sure to tell you where I’m going and if anyone is coming over,” I replied innocently while batting my eyelashes. He reluctantly agreed.

“So, when am I meeting Luhan? I need to make sure he’s an appropriate candidate for you.” I blushed at his response. Why did he have to say this in such a proper manner?

“Mmm, I think he’s coming over around lunchtime. Don’t embarrass me!” I whined.

“Don’t worry Ms. Jin, I won’t. If you need me, I’ll be downstairs watching television.”

I gave him a questionable look.

“What? Butlers like watching television too!” Seungwon chuckled. He bowed and left my room.

I closed the door and went back to my bed to go to sleep.

 

I woke up again at 10 and went to go shower and get ready. I decided to wear a blue romper and a pair of wedges. It was only 11 when I finished getting dressed so I decided to put on some make up. After spending 30 minutes putting on eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara, I decided to text him.

Haeyoung: Luhan-oppa! I finished getting ready. When are you coming?

I grabbed a clutch purse and put my things in it. I grabbed my phone and went downstairs and saw Seungwon on the couch watching television, just as he told me. I felt my phone vibrate and sat down next to Seungwon. I opened the text.

Luhan: Sorry, I just woke up… Give me 15 minutes. I’ll be right over.

He must’ve been tired yesterday. After all, I took two naps while he was up the whole time. I watched TV with Seungwon for a while. He was watching the rerun of a drama called You’re Beautiful. I never figured Seungwon was into these kinds of shows.

I heard the doorbell ring and got up to get it. However, Seungwon quickly got up also and beat me to the door. I smiled at Seungwon's excitement and hid behind him as he opened the door.

“Haeyou- Oh. Annyeonghaseyo.” Luhan politely bowed. “Luhan-imnida.”

“Of course, you’re Luhan. I’ve heard a lot about you from Haeyoung,” Seungwon replied. I hit him on the back and he slightly grunted, earning a concerned look from Luhan. He said he wouldn’t embarrass me! Seungwon cleared his throat.

"Anyways, I'm Seungwon, Ms. Jin's butler," Seungwon shook hands with Luhan.

“It's a pleasure meeting you, sir,” Luhan said. “Speaking of Haeyoung, is she here? I was planning on taking her out today and she tole me she was ready.”

I silently giggled at the situation before I came out from my hiding place behind Seungwon. I've never heard Luhan speak like this. He sounded so proper and polite.

“Annyeong oppa. Let me just get my stuff,” I said and I left to retrieve my clutch and my phone from the living room. I returned to the front door with my belongings in my hand.

"Did you get his clothes?" Seungwon asked me.

"Oh! Let me go get them," I ran upstairs to my room, grabbed the plastic bag and rushed downstairs. When I came back, I noticed Luhan and Seungwon smiling at each other.

“What were you guys talking about?” I asked.

“Oh, nothing Ms. Jin. You two have fun now. Be safe! Don’t bring her home too late,” Seungwon stated as he gently pushed me outside. He winked at Luhan and Luhan nodded as he took my hand led me out to the car. He opened the door for me and got in.

“So, where do you want to go today?” he asked.

“Hmmm, I don’t know. I don’t know much places around here yet…” I replied quietly. I should’ve looked up some places to go last night.

“You want to go shopping at Hongdae?”

“Yah.. isn’t that place famous for its clubs?” I asked accusingly.

“I didn’t say we were going to go clubbing! That place is famous for shopping too, you know.” Luhan replied defensively. “Besides, it’s way too early to go to the club.”

I thought about it for a while before agreeing.

When we reached Hongdae, Luhan parked his car and we started walking around, hand in hand. There were various small shops by the road that sold cute accessories, clothes, and shoes. We both bought a few clothes for ourselves at different shops. At one point, Luhan pulled me into a shop and walked towards a display of rings. He picked up a set of matching rings and showed it to me.

“Do you like it?”

“Mmm, it looks pretty!” I replied excitedly. “But, aren’t these couple rings?”

“Yupp. One for you and one for me.” He smiled at me. I couldn’t help but blush at the thought of having matching couple rings with Luhan.

He took my hand and went to the cashier to pay for them.

“That’ll be 50,000 won,” the cashier said.

“Oppa! Isn’t that too much!?” I whispered loudly and lightly hit his arm. It was so expensive!

“Ani. Did you forget who my parents are?” he asked jokingly. Of course, his parents were business people. It was still a lot of money though.

“Still, I don’t want you to spend that much for me...”

“It’s okay. As long as it’s for you, the price doesn’t matter for me.” He smiled cheekily as he handed the cashier the money. I caught the cashier smiling at his words.

“Thank you for shopping,” the cashier said. She then turned to me. “He’s a keeper. Don’t let him go, arasso?”

“Oh, n-neh…” I replied shyly and nodded my head.

Luhan took my hand and placed the ring on my ring finger. He was about to put his on but I quickly took it from his hand and put it on for him. He gave me a shocked expression and I just took his hand and led him out of the store. He's not the only one with confidence, you know.

We spent almost an hour walking around and browsing through shops. All of a sudden, my stomach growled. I stopped and grabbed my stomach, hoping he didn’t hear it.

“Did you eat breakfast?” Yeah, he definitely heard it.

“No, I forgot to…”

“Come on, let’s go get you some food.”

He took me to a street vendor and bought me more food that I wasn’t familiar with. We sat down at a table meant for four, side by side. After one bite, I let out a satisfying noise.

“Mmmm! This is even better than last night!” I quickly stuffed my mouth with more food. Luhan chuckled at my eagerness to eat and continued to eat his food.

 

After eating, we continued to stroll around. We wandered into a male clothing store and I found a dark blue fitted V-neck for Luhan. I continued searching and found a pair of khakis. While Luhan was browsing through the rest of the racks, I quickly went to the counter and paid for the clothes. I hid the clothes in one of my other shopping bags and went to look for Luhan.

“Did you find anything?” I asked.

“No, nothing seems to catch my eye. Where do you want to go now?” he asked while putting his hands in his pockets.

“You want to just watch a movie at my house?”

“Sure. On one condition though.” Luhan held up his finger to emphasize his point.

“What?”

“No chick flicks!” he declared.

“Arasso!” I giggled. We linked arms and made our way towards the car.

 

Once we got home, we placed our shopping bags on the floor near the kitchen and Luhan sat down on the couch while I went to look for a DVD. I quickly popped in Fast Five and sat down on the opposite side of the couch from Luhan. I pressed play and got comfortable on the couch.

"You like these kinds of movies?" Luhan asked while arching his eyebrows.

"Yeah, I was always into cars and video games. Why? Is this surprising to you?" I asked teasingly.

"Somewhat, yes. You just seemed too girly for this stuff," he replied honestly. I was confused as to whether that was an insult or compliment...

15 minutes into the movie, I started to get uncomfortable. I rearranged myself and ended up being close to Luhan. After another 10 minutes, Luhan gradually put his arm around me and pulled me to lay my head on his lap. I gave him a questionable look but he kept his eyes glued to the screen. This reminded me a little of when we were in cooking class and I fell asleep during the video. I made a mental note to look up wedding cake ideas later for the project.

I felt my eyelids start to close. I tried my best to battle my drowsiness and to stay up to watch the movie, but eventually I fell asleep.

 

Luhan's POV

Halfway into the movie, I noticed Haeyoung fell asleep on my lap. I stared at her face and gently her hair. Her face looked peaceful. I took a deep breath as the conversation between me and her butler came to mind.

 

After Haeyoung left to get my clothes, I awkwardly looked around, not knowing what to say to Seungwon.

"Do you like Ms. Jin?" he asked.

"Yes, I do," I replied confidently. Seungwon smiled to himself.

"Not to worry you, but I have a feeling you're not the only one. If you truly care about her, do whatever it takes to win her heart, arasso?" Seungwon patted my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, but what do you mean I'm not the only one?" I asked politely, making sure not to come off as a rude jerk. Seungwon seems to be pretty close to Haeyoung. I wouldn't want to give a bad impression.

"A young gentleman that goes by the name Kai dropped her off the other day. I'm pretty sure he felt the same way about her as you do," Seungwon informed me. I nodded my head understandingly, taking in the information. So that's how Kai's bracelet got here...

"Also, Ms. Jin dropped off another young man named Sehun earlier this week. The limo driver sensed they had something going on as well." Seungwon seemed to feel uncomfortable telling me about this. It's better knowing that I'm not the only one who's fighting for her instead of believing I'm way ahead of the others. I bit my lip.

"Don't tell anyone, but I'm rooting for you to end up with Haeyoung," Seungwon suddenly said. I was slightly taken aback when he reffered to her by her first name, considering the fact that he's her butler and all. I suddenly smiled after learning he supported me. He returned the smile and Haeyoung appeared by his side.

“What were you guys talking about?” Haeyoung asked innocently.

“Oh, nothing Ms. Jin. You two have fun now. Be safe! Don’t bring her home too late,” Seungwon said. He gently pushed Haeyoung towards me. Then, he winked at me and I nodded my head understandingly. Haeyoung seemed to be totally confused as to what was going on between me and Seungwon. Before she got the chance to ask any questions, I took her hand and led her to the car.

 

I stopped her hair and tried to pay attention to the movie. My mind kept drifting off so I eventually stopped trying to watch. I looked down at Haeyoung again and noticed a small smile on her lips. She must be dreaming of something. I unconsciously smiled.

"Haeyoung-ah, I really like you." I whispered. I played with the couple ring on my finger and sighed.

I'll do whatever it takes to win your heart. Even if I've already gained interest from you, I'll be sure to make you only have feelings for me and no one else. Not Kai. Not Sehun. Just me.

Please Haeyoung, only look at me.

 

------------------------

Comment Responses!

@LaFame: Sehun and Kai will have their turn ;)

@SHANeeLovesSHINee: Thank you for your continuous support! I love how you always comment everytime I post something <3

@misterhobaby99: I'm really sorry for confusing you! T-T Kevin is the english name of an EXO member that's not currently in the story. I don't want to openly reveal who it is because I want it to be somewhat of a surprise. However, I'm sure some EXOtics already know who it is :/