And then there were two.

Being Loved Isn't Always a Good Thing

 

This chapter is mostly a filler chapter. I was initially going to have Luhan and Haeyoung go out but that would've been too much. I suddenly came up with the rest of the storyline earlier today in the car while I was listening to some old K-Pop songs. Unfortunately, it'll take quite a while until you'll see the new drama. I still have to include Kai and Sehun for all you people. But after that, the true drama will begin! Enjoy~

------------------------

 

Haeyoung’s POV

My eyes fluttered open while I sat up to stretch. I looked around and noticed I was in my room. That’s funny, last thing I remembered was watching a movie in the living room with Luhan… Wait, where’s Luhan!?

I ran downstairs and looked around. Luhan was nowhere to be found. I went back to my room and realized a note on my nightstand.

 

Dear Haeyoung,

You sleepy head! You should stop falling asleep on me. You fell asleep during the movie and I didn’t want to wake you up. I carried you to your room and went home. Don’t worry, I made sure to lock your door on my way out since Seungwon-shi wasn’t home. Text me when you wake up! I’ll be waiting~

Sincerely, Luhan.

 

I smiled to myself and set down the letter. I grabbed my phone to text him.

 

Luhan’s POV

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I opened it and saw that I received a text from Haeyoung. I was busy typing my reply when my phone was suddenly snatched from my hand.

“Oooo, who are you texting?” Kai asked with my phone in his hand. We were at my house playing video games. It was normal for Sehun and Kai to come to my house early in the morning. Sometimes, they even came at midnight. After the movie ended last night, I brought Haeyoung up to her bed and went home.

“Yah, give it back!” I tried to reach for my phone. Right when I almost got it, he threw it over to Sehun, who was sitting on the other couch.

“You’re texting Haeyoung? When did you get her number?” Sehun scrolled through our messages.

“Stop being so nosy!” I ran over to Sehun. Unfortunately, he threw my phone back to Kai. That brat.

“Awww, now I don’t feel so special.” Kai jokingly pouted.

“Aish, seriously you guys…” I scratched my head and attempted to recapture my phone. I failed.

“Oops, I accidentally pressed send,” Sehun innocently announced after catching the phone.

“Just give it to me.” I said as I snatched it from his hands. I looked at the message and realized they typed random letters and numbers. I was afraid it would freak her out so I told her Kai and Sehun were messing around. After sending the text, I glared at Kai and Sehun.

“Thanks, guys. Real smooth.” Instead of apologizing, Kai and Sehun high-fived each other.

“How did you get her number anyways?” Kai asked.

“None of your business,” I replied. I didn’t even attempt to lie. They both knew that I didn’t even have my phone at the beach, so that excuse was no use. However, they didn’t know I took her out alone. Twice.

“Since when did we have secrets?” Sehun asked accusingly. “Just tell us!”

“Yeah! I thought we were best buddies!” Kai exclaimed.

“Being best friends has nothing to do with this! But fine. I took Haeyoung out after the beach. I got her number after I dropped her off at home. Happy?” I explained. The response I got was a bunch of hollering from the two kids. I couldn’t help but blush a little bit.

“You’re really good at this, hyung. I never would’ve expected you to do that.” Kai commented.

“Good at what?” I asked.

“This competition we have going on. You’re obviously winning,” Sehun stated.

“Competition? Is that all this is to you guys? A game?” I asked defensively. I don’t know where this sudden anger was coming from, but the fact that they considered this to be some sort of game irritated me.

“A-aniyo! Aish Sehun, why did you have to say that!? Sehun is just saying that you’re doing a good job of getting closer to Haeyoung and winning her heart.” Kai explained. I slowly started to calm down.

“But don’t worry, you won’t be winning for long. Not while I’m still here.” Kai smirked.

“Seriously, you guys are too much for me… I’m out of this,” Sehun said while he lied down on the couch with his hands behind his head. Kai looked at him surprisingly. I, on the other hand, knew this all along.

“You’re quitting? Just like that!?” Kai asked astonishingly.

“Yeah. Honestly, I just wanted to play to get you guys angry. It’s no fun when real feelings get involved. I don’t want to hurt anyone.” Sehun simply replied. Kai was still shocked to hear what Sehun said. He shook his head and turned towards me.

“In that case, Luhan hyung, you’re the only competition I have left.” Kai looked at me in the eyes.

“It won’t be easy going against me. After all, I got her this.” I held my hand up and showed the couple ring. Kai’s eyes widened in shock after realizing what it was.

“When did you… Ugh! This isn’t over!” Kai said, clearly frustrated. He stood up and ruffled his hair.

“Hey, Kai. Don’t forget, you can’t talk to her since you kissed her on the cheek,” Sehun reminded him. Kai’s face fell.

“It’s fine, you can talk to her,” I reassured him.

“Really?” Kai looked at me with a hopeful expression on his face.

“Yeah. After all, I kissed her on the forehead. So we’re even,” I smirked. Kai gritted his teeth and pointed at himself.

“I, Kim Jongin, will win Jin Haeyoung’s heart! I promise you!” Kai angrily declared. Sehun and I couldn’t stop chuckling. It was entertaining watching Kai act like this. I’ve never seen Kai so jealous before. I realized that this wasn’t going to be easy. If I really wanted Haeyoung to choose me, I’d have to step it up.

“Good luck with that. You’ll need it,” I smugly said. I unpaused our racing game and Kai quickly retrieved his controller, suddenly changing moods. Sehun kept watching us with a bored expression. After Kai lost the race, he handed his controller to Sehun.

“I’m going to go home now. I have errands to run. See ya.” Kai saluted us goodbye and left the house.

“He’s totally going to see Haeyoung,” Sehun said.

“Probably,” I replied.

 

Haeyoung’s POV

Seriously, why did they have to mix the alphabet with math? I attempted to do the problem again for the third time, but to no avail, I failed to come up with a solution. I was about to repeatedly hit my head on the desk until I heard a knock on the door. I ran to answer it and found Kai on my doorstep with food in his hand.

“Haeyoung! I’m sorry I suddenly came like this...” He guiltily said.

“Oh no, it’s okay! I was just doing some homework. Come inside,” I offered.

“No thank you, I just came here to drop off some lunch for you and Seungwon.” Kai handed me a bag of food. The smell was very appetizing. I was surprised Kai went through all this trouble just to deliver food.

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay and eat some?” I asked.

“I would, but I can’t. I have a lot of stuff to do today,” he politely rejected. I nodded my head.

“But, since I can’t eat lunch with you today, how about I make it up to you and take you out to eat afterschool tomorrow?” he asked.

“Hmmm, maybe you can tutor me in Calculus too? I’m really having trouble with the homework…” I admitted.

“Sounds like a plan! We’re going to have to walk though, since Luhan is the only one that can drive.” Kai smiled, embarrassed at the fact that he couldn’t drive.

“It’s okay. Walking gives us time to talk, right?” I added positively. At least I won’t fall asleep while walking either.

“You’re right! Well, I have to go now. Don’t forget to share with Seungwon, okay?” Kai flashed a smile, waved and started walking away.

“I’ll share, don’t worry. We’ll eat this well, thank you Kai! See you at school tomorrow!” I waved goodbye and closed the door. I pressed the intercom button to call Seungwon.

“Seungwon! Lunch time!” I yelled. Instead of waiting for a reply, I set up our lunch at the dining table. After I finished my lunch, I realized Seungwon still hasn’t come. I was about to call for him again before I realized he took the weekend off.

“Haeyoung, you babo,” I said to myself while shaking my head. I placed the leftovers in the refrigerator and went upstairs to continue my homework.