I'm Such A !

Being Loved Isn't Always a Good Thing

 

It's been over a week since I last updated but it feels like forever! Spring Break ended so now I'm back to updating once a week :/ I noticed this chapter is REALLY long (2230 words o.O) for some reason, even though it's not exactly that important. Things are going slow, but next chapter is going to be a little bit more interesting (: I'm going to warn you in advance that I might not update every week, but I will definitely try my best to. Don't forget to comment and subscribe! ^^ (BTW, did you guys see SHINee's MV & comebacks!?!?! If not, you definitely should! I really like the choreography. I'm glad SM hired Tony Testa :D)

----------------------

Haeyoung’s POV

I was about to leave the house when I noticed a bracelet on the floor. I picked it up and read the words engraved on the metal plate.

Kim Jong In

I put the bracelet in my pocket. I’ll just give this to him in homeroom. I went outside the house and got into the limo.

 

Se Hun’s POV

I was sitting in homeroom playing with my phone when I noticed a figure sit next to me. I looked up from my phone to discover Lu Han.

“Yah, why are you here? Don’t you have office aid this period?” I asked him.

“Yeah. I just have to ask Kai something,” he responded. I shook my head and returned to playing my game. A few minutes passed and Kai showed up.

“YAH!” Lu Han stood up as Kai approached his desk. He went up to him and pointed his finger. “Where did you and Haeyoung go last night??” Kai leaned back and put Lu Han’s hand down.

“Calm down, Lu Han. You’re making a scene. Anyways, I just walked her home.” Kai maneuvered around Lu Han and sat down in his seat. Lu Han followed him to his seat. I chuckled at the scene. Lu Han was being really persistent.

“Are you sure that’s all-”

“Good morning guys!” Haeyoung came behind Lu Han and put her hands on Lu Han’s shoulders and he turned to face her. She walked next to Lu Han and looked at me and Kai. “Did you guys sleep well?”

Lu Han and Kai nodded slowly, confused by her sudden happiness.

“Yeah. It looks like you slept pretty well too,” I commented. Haeyoung nodded her head and sat down in her seat. She took something out of her pocket and handed it to Kai, who was sitting in front of her. “I think you left this at my house. I saw it on the floor on the way out this morning.”

Lu Han’s eyes widened and his jaw dropped as Kai put the bracelet on his wrist. “Thanks. I didn’t even notice it was gone last night.”

“Lu Han,” Haeyoung called. Lu Han looked at her. “It’s not good to leave your mouth open like that. You’ll catch flies!” She smiled as she stood up and closed his mouth for him. He blinked and stood there, frozen. Before he could say something, Mrs. Lee walked in the room.

“Alright class, let’s start!” She walked towards the chalkboard and started writing the lesson for today. Lu Han abruptly turned around and left the room while Haeyoung took her seat.

 

Haeyoung’s POV

After the bell rang, I was about to leave class before I felt someone’s hand on my wrist. I looked back to discover Kai. He was looking down.

“Let me walk you to your next class,” he nearly whispered. He looked up and smiled at me. Oh God, that smile gave me butterflies.

“Won’t you be late to your class though?” I asked, trying to not sound too excited.

“It’s okay. I’m pretty sure I’ll have time to walk you.” He let go of my wrist and put his hands in his pockets. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a group of girls staring at us. Time to put on a show!

“Okay, let’s go,” I said. I took his hand and led him out of the classroom. I could’ve sworn I heard the group of girls gasp. Mission accomplished.

“What’s with the sudden skinship?” he asked, our hands still intertwined.

“Why? Are you scared that Seungwon is going to catch us again?” I teased.

“Yah! You were the one who hugged me!” He let go of my hand while he accused me.

“Don’t act like you didn’t enjoy it…” I mumbled.

“What did you say?” He leaned in towards me.

“Nothing!” I smiled at him and held his arm. He furrowed his eyebrows and pouted. I looked away and kept walking forward. While we were walking, I noticed a lot of people staring at us. I slowly unwrapped our arms and kept a reasonable distance between us.

“Are you busy this weekend?” Kai asked me, still looking forward with his hands in his pockets.

“I don’t think so. Why?” I asked curiously.

“You want to go to the beach or something?”

“Sure. Is Lu Han and Se Hun going?” I know I’m such an for including them, but I didn’t want to be alone with Kai just yet. It would be too awkward for me and I don’t do well in awkward situations…

“Uhhh, sure. We’ll tell them at lunch,” he said with a disappointed look on his face. Sorry Kai, maybe next time?

“Okay. Oh, we’re here! Well, see ya!” While he was contemplating how to say goodbye, I gave him a quick hug ran to sit in my desk. Se Hun was on his phone again. When he saw me, he put his phone away and turned towards me.

“Did something happen last night?” he asked with a serious expression on his face. This guy was so straightforward! I was surprised by his directness.

“A-ani.” I replied while fiddling with my things.

“Oh really? So then why are you and Kai holding hands in the hallway now?” Se Hun was now fully facing me with his hands on his lap.

“What, I can’t hold my friend’s hand without being accused of dating him??” I asked defensively.

“Friend?” he chuckled. “You just met him yesterday. How could you guys be so close already?”

“It’s none of your business…” I muttered. If Se Hun thought that something was going on between me and Kai, I wondered what Lu Han thought. Nothing happened between me and Kai. Well, unless you consider that hug as ‘something’. I put my hand on my chest. My heart was racing again.

“Hey, why are you blushing? Are you remembering something?? Something DID happen, right!?” Se Hun started getting closer to me as he grew louder with every question.

“I SAID NOTHING HAPPENED!” I yelled. The students in the classroom looked at me. I slightly bowed to them as I shrunk back into my chair. Se Hun backed away.

“Sorry for asking,” he muttered. I sighed and got my stuff ready for class. Mr. Jung walked in and started writing notes on the board.

 

~~~~~~~

 

Lu Han’s POV

I sat anxiously in my chair while I wanted for Haeyoung to come to class. I started playing with my phone until I noticed a figure sit next to me. I looked up with a smile on my face until I realized who it was.

“Hey Lu Han! Mind if I sit here?” she asked happily.

“Sorry Minhee, Haeyoung’s supposed to sit there today…” I replied. I didn’t want to be rude, but shouldn’t this girl know by now that I’m not interested?

“Oh, okay. I’ll see you later then?” she replied half-heartedly. She got up and went to the back of the classroom. Haeyoung walked in.

“Haeyoung! Sit here!” I shouted towards her while waving my hands. She came over and sat in the chair.

“Hey Lu Han, sorry about last night… I wanted to meet up with you guys to see if you were okay, but Kai said it was getting late and he walked me home,” she said apologetically. I was taken aback but the sudden apology and gave her a small smile to reassure her. Damn Kai, I knew he wanted her to himself.

“It’s okay Haeyoung.”  She nodded and smiled back. Just then, the teacher walked in and class started.

“Class, get settled! Today, we’re going to watch a film on wedding cakes. This month, you and a partner will design and bake a wedding cake. You can choose whatever theme and flavor you want, just as long as it’s three tiered or higher. You will be graded based not only on taste, but also on creativity and neatness. Make sure you choose a partner by Friday or else I will choose one for you.” The teacher turned the lights off and went to the back of the classroom to her desk. She switched on the projector and the video. Then, the teacher sat down, her desk light, and started doing paper work. I turned to Haeyoung.

“Haeyoung, do you want to be my partner?” I whispered. She nodded and we both started to watch the video. I was itching to ask her what happened last night, but it seems like I wouldn’t have a chance to today. She leaned forward with her chin resting on her hand and her elbow touching the table. Throughout the video, I noticed her yawning and closing her eyes every now and then. Eventually, she fell asleep. Her head was falling towards my direction. Before it hit the desk, I lightly pulled her towards me and her head landed on my shoulder. I gulped. Her face looked so peaceful in her sleep. I looked at the teacher who, thankfully, was too busy at her desk to notice us. I tried my best to focus on the video while Haeyoung slept on my shoulder. Eventually, the bell rang and she woke up. She rose from my shoulder and started blushing when she realized what happened.

“Omo! I’m sorry Lu Han! That video put me to sleep…” She lightly bowed her head.

“Haha, it’s okay. Let’s go to lunch now.” I grabbed her hand and she followed behind me. I didn’t even bother to check her reaction.

While we were walking to the lunch table, I noticed Kai’s face as he caught sight of us holding hands.

“Lu Han… our hands…” she told my shyly, probably still embarrassed from falling asleep on my shoulder. I let go as we got closer to the table. We sat down.

“Hey guys, how’s it going?” I asked.

 

Kai’s POV

Why the hell were they holding hands? Is she really going to play us like this? I stabbed my food with my fork and shoved it into my mouth, not bothering to answer Lu Han’s question. Se Hun looked at me with concern while the other two awaited our answers. Since I was too busy eating, Se Hun responded.

“Good I guess…” I responded quietly.

“That’s good.”

“Before I forget, do you guys want to go to the beach this weekend?” Haeyoung asked them.

“Sure!” Lu Han replied, almost too enthusiastically. Se Hun just nodded excitedly.

“Yah Kai, she asked you something.” Se Hun elbowed me.

“He was the one who came up with the idea in the first place,” Haeyoung said. I noticed Lu Han and Se Hun smirk as they realized what happened. They knew she mentioned bring them along since I didn’t invite them at all.

“Oh really? Well that’s nice of you Kai!” Lu Han said while mischievously smiling.

“Yeah yeah yeah…” I replied with irritation. Haeyoung looked at me with concern. We locked eyes for a second. I looked down towards my food and continued eating.

 

~~~~~~~

 

Haeyoung’s POV

After P.E. ended, I went to the locker room to change and get my stuff. I was about to head to the limo before I noticed Se Hun waiting outside the locker room. What is he doing here? I assumed he was waiting for another girl, so I just kept walking.

“Haeyoung!” he called to me. I stopped and turned towards him as he ran up to me.

“Oh, hey Se Hun. What are you doing here?” I asked. I guess he was waiting for me after all.

“Want me to walk you home?” he asked suddenly. This is… random.

“Sorry Se Hun, but I think my ride’s already here…” I replied apologetically.

“Oh, that’s okay then… Well, see you tomorrow!” Se Hun started to walk away.

“Do you want me to take you home?” I asked without thinking. What the… I give up. I’ve met them only yesterday and here I am treating them like we’re homies. Yes, I said homies. Don’t judge.

“No, it’s okay. That’s too much trouble,” Se Hun shook his head.

“No it’s not! Come on, it’s rude to turn down someone’s offer to take you home” I replied. Dude, am I flirting!? I’m such a !

“If you say so…” I smiled at him. Then, I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the limo.

Once we got inside, Se Hun told him his address and the driver took off. We arrived at a two-story house. The lawn had a lot of flowers and trees. It looked so pretty!

“You’re lawn is so pretty!” I commented as we pulled up into the driveway.

“Yeah, my mom does gardening in her free time,” he replied as we got out of the car.

I nodded and I walked him to his door. Don’t ask me why I did it. It just felt like the polite thing to do… Heh, right . ‘Polite’.

“Thanks for taking me home. I’ll see you tomorrow,” he gave me a quick hug. Before I could react, he went inside his house. I blinked for a bit before I realized that the limo was there waiting. I made my way back into the limo.

“Ohohoho, young love,” I heard the driver say as we backed out and left.