After school Tutor Session.

Being Loved Isn't Always a Good Thing

 

Haeyoung’s POV

The next day of school passed by pretty quickly. Before I went home, Kai ran towards me, clearly out of breath.

“Haeyoung! Don’t forget - I’m taking you out later - arasso? - I’ll go home - to change -  then I’ll come -  and pick you up.” Kai panted.

“Goodness, oppa. Did you really just run to tell me this? You could’ve texted me you know” I added innocently.

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that...” Kai face palmed himself. When my limo pulled up, he opened the door for me and flashed a smile before closing the door and leaving.

“Another one? Ms. Jin, you should make some more female friends!” the driver jokingly said.

“Neh~” I said in a melodious tone. Honestly, I didn’t need any more friends when I had three amazing guys. Oh my gosh, what am I saying? I should hang out with Jiyun more. I haven’t seen her since I partnered with her for cooking class.

I quickly changed out of my school uniform and wore a romper with sandals. I grabbed a pair of shades, my wallet, and my phone before I went downstairs to wait in the living room. I laid my eyes on the shopping bags from Saturday. Luhan’s bags were still here and so was the outfit I bought him. I should give him his bags tomorrow at school and hide the clothes I bought him in there. Maybe I should write him a cute little note too. Ugh, I feel so… mushy.

The door bell rang and I gathered my stuff and opened the door. Kai was dressed in a blue v-neck and dark jeans. My heart skipped a beat. Why was he so cute?

“Ready to go?” he smiled that charming smile of his. Gahhhhh. I’m dying here. Unable to muster out an intelligent response, I simply nodded and closed the door behind me.

“So, where do you want to eat?” Kai slipped his hands into his pockets as we were walking. He looked like he was walking down a damn runway for Christ’s sake. I forced myself to look away and just stared at the ground.

“I’m not sure. I was hoping you’d know where to go,” I replied meekly. I really needed to ask other people on places to eat. I’m starting to look like I never go out by myself. Even though I actually don’t, I couldn’t let the guys know that!

“How about we just pick up some food from Sehun’s parents’ restaurant then go to your house to tutor?” Kai suggested.

“Sounds like a plan,” I nodded.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When we got back to my house, we sat around the living room table and ate while watching TV. Inkigayo was on and we were watching various performances. I couldn’t help but notice Kai slightly dance to the songs while he was eating. He was like some kind of dancing machine or something that dances every time he hears music. I smiled at his movements until he caught me staring. I quickly looked away and acted as if nothing happened. Smooth move, Haeyoung. Real smooth.

“So, should we start on this Calculus homework?” Kai asked.

“Ughhhh, I hate math!” I groaned.

“Come on, you won’t hate it once you understand it,” he reassured me. We placed our dishes in the sink and returned to the living room table where we took out our books and got to studying.

And just like that, Kai tutored me in math in a way that wasn’t as torturous as I thought it would be.

After 3 hours of math, I actually felt confident in Calculus and finally understood what we were learning.

“Thanks Kai, I really owe you a lot for helping me catch up.”

“No problem. Anything for you, Haeyoung.”

“You know, you don’t really look like the type that would be good in math,” I teased. Kai raised an eyebrow.

“You look like you’d be the one sleeping in math class,” I smirked.

“Yah! Is this how you thank your tutor? By insulting him?” he pouted.

“Aigoo, is Kai-oppa getting angry?” I squished his cheeks. He slapped my hands away and tickled me.

“Yah, I’m ticklish!” I giggled. I quickly got up from the couch and started running away from Kai. He chased after me around the entire first floor. While I was looking back to check on where he was, I suddenly tripped on the rug and somehow landed on my back, causing Kai to fall on top of me.

Oh great, this is exactly what happens on TV shows. That’s what I get for ridiculing them. I never understood how the girl ends up falling on her back but look at what just happened. Great job, karma.

 

Kai’s POV

We both stared at each other for a while. The only noise in the house was the sound of the TV and the noise of our deep breathing after running around. The eye contact between us was growing tense. I observed the features on her face. Her beautiful, big eyes. Her high cheek bones. Her cute little nose. Finally, my eyes landed on her delicate, pink lips. At that moment, my body moved with a mind of its own and I leaned in, closing the space between us. Haeyoung didn’t turn away or stiffen up. After a few seconds, she responded to the kiss and started kissing me back. Oh God, her lips were so soft. She s her hands to the back of my neck and deepened the kiss. This felt so… right. After what seems like forever, I broke away from the kiss to catch my breath. Haeyoung gulped as a tint of pink became evident on her cheeks.

I stood up and offered my hand out to help her up. She took it and stood up but she made sure to avoid eye contact with me. I smiled at her shyness. I felt the awkward tension in the air.

“I’m going to go home now. I’ll see you tomorrow Haeyoung,” I gathered my things and opened her front door. Before I walked out, I turned back towards her. She was still in the same spot where we kissed.

“Goodnight princess.” I closed the door behind me and walked home with a smile on my face.

 

Haeyoung’s POV

After who knows how long, I went to the door and locked it. I turned around and slid down as the past few minutes finally processed through my brain.

What just happened? What did I just do? Why didn’t I turn away? Now Kai thinks I like him back. But most importantly…

 

What will Luhan think?

 

------------------------

So I decided to put my A/N at the end this time because I didn't want to spoil the chapter. But omg don't kill me for this chapter T-T Initially I was going to have Kai and Haeyoung go out somewhere on a date like she did with Luhan, but the new idea I have for the storyline for this fic made me have to cut some things out. I know I was supposed to give Kai his time with her, but it just won't be as soon as I thought it would be. Sehun's is definitely coming up though, so look forward to it! I MIGHT be updating almost every day because I really want to get to the dramatic parts of the fic, but it depends if I'm in the mood to write all day or not. Okay, going now~

 

Comment Responses!

@henris: Oh gosh, thank you! I honestly didn't think I was a good writer at all but I really appreciate your comment. Also, I'm glad you rediscovered my story! I somewhat abandoned it during school but since vacation is here, I have a ton of time and a lot of inspiration ^^

@SHANeeLovesSHINee: Awww, show Kai some love too! Hehe. Although, Luhan really is a gentleman isn't he? Kai just needs some time to show his personality :p Btw, thank you for commenting every time I update, it means a lot! <3