KNOW ME

BUTLER FOR HIRE - ANYONE?

"Uhm - It's the - "

Krystal was figeting nervously at answering her sister.

"Yes? What is it?"

"Promise you won't tell anyone else?"

"YES! YES! Tell me already!"

Krystal leaned over and whispered to her unnie.

"Aegyo! My lil sis is a y?!? Haha!"
"Stop it! My first kiss too precious to be given away to some random guy!"

"But Amber is not anyone random and more so she is not a guy."

"Don't twist my words unnie!" Krystal said as she pouted at her.

"Come one, just admit it lil sis. You are starting to -"

"YAH! The logical choice was that picture! Nothing more. Nothing less."

"Yeah right. . . . And I'm the tooth fairy."

"Oh just shut it already," Krystal said as she turned away.

"Arasso, arasso. But as far as I know, you did not buy Amber to be your butler forever."

Krystal can't hide her secrets when it comes to her unnie. She can read her too well.

"It's okay unnie. Amber just needed my help. I'll be able to find her real family soon."

Jessica softened her face, gave her a worried look and then hugged her.

"I believe you."

"Neh. . ."

"Whatever happens,I'm here."

"Neh."

Little sister, I hope you can protect your self from getting hurt cause I can only watch you when it comes to 'that'

"You and mom are so alike this way. Too kind and generous."

"Neh. And you are so much like dad. Not cute thought tries hard," Krystal said in a whisper however Jessica heard it clearly.

Next thing she knew, Krystal needed CPR.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The butler left after hearing the two sisters talk about why she was bought.

Amber now knew the truth why Krystal would buy someone like her.

She had doubts about it since the first day.

No one would waste money for no particular reason.

Rich people may spend how much they want but it still doesn't make sense if you buy a person for $100 million.

The butler wandered around the house as she thought of the things that drastically turned her life around.


Then said, "Just like their mother huh?"



Amber went to the kitchen looking for someone who might know answers she wanted to have.

"Key oppa, I'm curious. May I ask what happened to the princess' mother? What was she like?"

"Mrs. Jung?"

Key sighed as he looked out the window. He carefully placed the last dishes in their respective cabinets then leaned his back unto the counter.

He then started to talking about it.

"It has been a long time since this story was asked from me. Well for one thing, Mrs. Jung used to lighten up the whole house. Jessica and Krystal would be the bright and adorable daughters any good parents would want. She's the type who wanted to help anyone. I mean anyone and anything. If the old mistress met you, she would have done the same thing as Krystal did. She depicts a modern Mother Theresa."

"Really? And here I thought she was some old woman trapped inside a pretty young girl's body."

"She was not like that before the tragedy happened."

"What kind?"

Key began unraveling the bits and pieces of the event. As soon as he was finished, he said, "The older Jung was strong after it yet the young agassi was not. Being a mommy's little girl, she took it hard the most and had a hard time coping. When she grew up, she changed. She was balancing work with school and made no time for friends. You did notice that she tried to escape a party once. All in all, it made her unsociable to new people. But someone made an exception though. " He looked at Amber as he said finished his sentence.

"Me?"

Amber was confused at what he said.

"Yeah. I wonder what sparked her interest to help you."

Then Amber remembered what Krystal said awhile ago in her room.

My real family?

She wanted to help me find my real family?

"Did I say something wrong that hurt you Amber?? Mianhe!" Key said in worry as he faced Amber and bowed up and down repeatedly.

"Huh? What? Why would you say that? I am fine."

"But you don't look like it."

Amber felt her cheeks becoming wet.

It took some time for her to realize she was crying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The butler woke up the next day feeling something as she reminisced last night.

In all her life, she always felt alone even when surrounded by a crowd of people.

She would have friends but they'd leave in the end or rather she was transferring to a lot of schools that she never had time to get close to one.

But mostly, she would be too busy working to have spare minutes to have fun.

She got out of bed and prepared for the coming day ahead with a new goal in mind.



"Krystal Jung, let me know you," Amber said as she buttoned her cufffs.


As they were inside the car, "Let's have a good day today princess, arasso?" The butler said smiling towards her.

Krystal could only nod in response as she was confused with the sudden greeting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT SCHOOL

.A month had passed, gossips and speculations about what prize Krystal picked died down.

At morning, Krystal and Sulli entered their class followed by Amber, however, Sulli abruptly stopped them both with her arms.

"What the - Sulli!" Krystal said.

"Why did you do that Sul?" Amber asked.

Sulli could only point to the student president's desk.

"What's wrong with the Princess' desk? I see nothing."

"You really are blind even with the glasses?"

The three went to Krystal's to desk to see what Sulli was referring to.

"Wow! Krystal, I know you are popular with the guys yet no one has dared to do this. Not til today that is," Sulli said as she gave something to her bestfriend.

"Two white roses huh?" Krystal said as she smelled the flowers.

"Sweet isn't he? Or she?" Sulli grinned looking at someone who might do it.

"Maybe," she said as she looked over at Amber. Suspecting she might do this.

"Hey oppa! Did you do this?"

"Huh? What? Oh you mean that? I don't know anything about what you are talking about," Amber said as she shrugged.

"Really oppa?"

"I would have given it to the princess directly if I it was me. Besides, I am just a butler who is totally unfit for someone like her."

"Maybe,"
"Look into this then and see who did it," Krystal said.

"Arasso princess," said Amber as she saluted then winked at her.

"You have a weird butler Krystal. One minute, she was clueless. The next thing you know, she is so happy and energetic. She might be a factory defect or something. You should get your money back before it's too late."

Krystal could only look at the roses as Sulli kept on rambling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunch time came and Krystal was about to get up when someone appeared in front of her.

"What are you smiling about Amber?"

"Nothing much. I was just thinking that starting from today, we should eat lunch together."

Before Krystal could say anything in protest, her butler grabbed a chair and sat opposite of her.

"Please don't say no. I woke up early just to make this," Amber said as she showed her packed lunches of her favorite foods.

"How did you - "

"Key oppa told me you like these. Here you go." The butler handed over utensils to her as Krystal sighed and smiled as she accepted the offer.

"Why would you want to do this anyway?"

"You did tell me to act normal. Isn't eating home made food a great way to do that?"

What a goofy smile.

"Neh," Krystal said as she tasted the food while Amber watched to see her reaction.

"So how is it? Do you like the taste?"

Sulli appeared out of no where and took a sample.

"OPPA!"

"What? Is it that bad???"

"You made this????"

Amber was depressed thinking she have failed.

"Neh," she said as she dropped her head in sadness.

"It's really delicious! Neh Krystal?"

Her master could only nod as she kept on eating as if her life depended on it.

Amber smiled seeing Krystal was munching on the food she made. Quite a lot of it too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Princess! Lunch time again!"

"Thank you," Krystal ignored the food. Too busy with school paperwork.

"You should stop doing too much work."

"It's alright. I'm used to it."

What Amber had learned over the years is never ignore food.

"No, it's not alright. You should eat when it's served."

"I'm not taking it for granted Amber. I'll just eat later."

Sulli was eating popcorn as she watched the two of them argue.

"Now please princess."

"Later please."

Running out of patience, Amber took a chair and sat beside Krystal.

"Aish! Here, say 'ah'," Amber said as she waited for her master to open .

"No," Krystal said as she looked at the spoon near her face.

"Oh if she doesn't want it, I do!" Sulli said as she raised a hand.

Krystal had flinched by that.

She wanted to say something but cannot.

She wanted to tell her childhood friend that home-made lunches perfectly cooked and prepared by Amber are hers.

As she was about to say it, Amber spoke, "No, I want the princess to eat. I made this just for her. I know she likes eating what I cook cause everyday - "

She wasn't able to end what her mind wanted to speak as her master took the spoon and started eating.

Amber and Sulli stared at her.

"You two, what's with those smiling faces?" Krystal said while continuing to chew.

Sulli watched the two happily eating from her seat.

Minutes later, wanting to know how it feels to have someone make food for her, she said, "Hey oppa, make me one like this too. It's unfair that Krystal could only eat it."

"Eh? But - "

A group of girl classmates were now surrounding them which caused Krystal to have the spoon still in as she looked at them.

"Uh - What can I do for you guys? Er I mean girls."

"Is it true Amber?"

"What?"

"That you cooked that home made lunch for Krystal."

"Neh. Is there a reason I shouldn't?"

"Sulli's right. It is unfair! We also want to try it too," one of her classmates complained as others started agreeing one after another.

Annoyed, Krystal slammed her palms unto the desk as she rose.

"Amber!"

Amber sat upright right away and said, "Neh princess!?"

"Who is your master?"

"Uh - you."

"That's right. So who should you serve?"

"You."

"Right again. Therefore, why are you making my lunches instead of theirs?"

"Cause I want to and I like to make it for you every day," she said as she smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT NIGHT

Krystal was not able to focus. Her mind was not concentrating at all. Questions were circling within her mind on what Amber said.

Why did she say that? What is that stupid butler up to now? Is she starting to let me like her??

She could not think any further at the last sentence she made.

Pffft! Like I would! She's just like that with everybody else. Flirting around.

*SIGH It's getting late. Best to call it a night.

As Krystal passed by her window, she saw the said butler who came out of the woods with tools at hand.

What was she doing at this hour? Where had she gone to?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT DAY

They walked into the classroom.

"Amber?"

"Yes princess?"

"What were you doing out in the tress last night?"

"Not much. Some gardening that I volunteered to do in Key oppa's place."

"That's it?"

"Neh," Amber answered as she smiled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DURING FREE PERIOD

"Amber-sshi! Could you help us with setting up the props?" A student asked.

"Sure, why not. Princess, I have to go with them. See you later."

"It's okay."

"Neh. Thank you princess," Amber said as she bow down before leaving.

Krystal heard something else but it was too low to be heard.

Days went by as Amber would be too busy.

A lot of other students would ask for her help. Other occasions, it would be teachers wanting Amber's assistance.

Krystal watched her as the butler would come back more and more tired after every task yet would still end up smiling.

A goofy smile which was beginning to take effect on her.

She continued to observe Amber and discovered that the butler enoys something else. Listening to people talk and learn what they were all about. Even to someone as icy as her, she would stop to listen and let her talk.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amber had a habit of details and organizing. Her past life was a mess that she was able to go on and adapt throught having things in their proper order. Until a girl named Krystal Jung bought her.

Something had changed Amber in the short time she'd been trying to understand her master.

She was not sure when it had happened.

It might have been when she first helped her at the park or when she saw her blush at something she said at lunch.

She was drawn to Krystal, she couldn't deny that.

It wasn't just that she was beautiful and intelligent, or even appealing in her own way.

Nor was it her rare smile that could warm up even the coldest part of the world.

No, it was the way her hidden genuine kindness and tenderness that compelled her the most.

As she sat at the back of the class, Amber would steal glances of her.

If they'd make her choose who is close to near perfection, it would be Krystal Jung without a doubt.

"I hope she'll like the surprise I made for her," Amber whispered before she went out to help the other students.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The more days that would come. The more comfortable they were with each other's company.

Too comfortable as others would see it.

"Krys, Minho oppa is waiting outside for you," Sulli said.

"Huh? For me?"

"Yeah and don't ask me why."

"Ah okay," Krystal said as she got up and walked outside the room.

"Hi Krystal," Minho said as he gave a smile.

"Minho oppa, nice to meet you again," she said with a smile.

"Oh I just wanted to hand over our club's papers that needed your approval, he said as he handed over a folder.

"Arasso. I'll give it after I've gone over it."

"Neh. Thanks."

Krystal nodded in response and was going back inside yet a hand grabbed her arm.

"You know I like you. Right Krystal?"

"Neh," she said with her back facing him.

"A semester passed since I confessed and I wanted to know what you really feel towards me."