GOODBYE?

BUTLER FOR HIRE - ANYONE?

KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.


I went on with my life. Not moving on though.

Amber is still and will always be MY property.

You thought I would just give up on going to China, right? The idea still lingers in my head but I can't be that irrational especially when both Amber and my family stopped me from taking the private jet.

So here goes my schedule.

It was mostly work, school, work, school, etc.

Fun right?

Sulli tried to let me go shopping or attend some socialite events.

I cannot.

Or rather I just don't want to.

Sure, there are still some who thought I was available and asked me out but both my heart and mind said 'no'.

Plus out of all the nonsense in this world, girls would also come up to me.

Not to ask me out of course but rather ask about Amber!

The nerve right?

How about if I put a name plate "Krystal Jung a.k.a. Amber's girlfriend"? Would that say "back off Amber, she's mine"?

One night, I have arrived from the usual business party me and unnie had gone to.

Without much care, I was doing some work in my room then somehow knocked off my favorite book.

Something fell off of it.

A letter.

It was Amber's letter.

The one she asked grandma Nana to hand over to me.

She left grandma Nana a letter for me, how insensitive right?

Really now, why does she have grandma to give it personally instead of herself?

Due to time constraints 'cause she is leaving?

Yeah right.

*SIGH

It has been quite some time now.

I have not read the letter if you ask me.

It was because of schedules and grandma's insisting for me to get busy.



Also it was hard finding enough courage to read it.

I was just guilty of what happened to Amber and how much a not so understanding person I am to her.

So here I am now.

Staring at the letter.

The seconds felt like it was minutes that I had been staring at it.



"AISH!"


I picked it up and opened it as fast as I could before my mind decides to back away.

One page.

That's how long she wrote for me.

Amber's letter is luckily decipherable.

Her handwriting is not the first option if you want a calligrapher or secretary.

Luckily, I am used to it.


asihe.jpg


*SIGH

That babo still knows how to make my heart flutter with each word.

Do I have a choice Amber? When my heart already chose you?

Promise me that you'll return to me in a healthy living state.

Palli and come back soon to me.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



STILL KRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

What happened to the rest of Year 1

I am seriously going to dice and torture Amber when she returns.

She freakishly became bald!

Who told her to shave her head into a bowling ball or any ball for that matter??

She did not even get to ask me first!

Only a year had passed but my impatience is not helping at all for me to bear the waiting.

"ARGHHHHHHHH!"

I bury myself in the pillow and shouted.

Now, about what I did the whole year round.

School, work, school, work so same old, same old.

I do not like hanging out much.

Although shopping every once in awhile with Sulli turned out to be a stress reliever.

Each day that would come I'd write her a letter.

It would be personally be delivered by Key oppa.

I can only trust him and no one else with such a thing like this.

Someone might read what are for Amber's eyes only.

The one hour video calls a month do help at times but it makes me glare at my phone if I would have suddenly nothing to do.

Also I should file a complaint soon. I write her a letter each day and she gives me one per month.

She is good to have thought of putting the 30-31 pages per envelope though.

A page a day keeps an mini ice princess away.

(My unnie is the real ice princess if you ask me)



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Year 2

I am finally graduating.

High school though.

Time passed by so - so. . . slow for me.

Can't we just go fast forward to the year where Amber and I would reunite?

*SIGH

Although being the top graduate of my batch, I don't feel much achievement when you-know-who is not here.

My family celebrated it with me.

At this graduation day, I felt the saddest and loneliest.

No smile of hers to greet me.

No Amber greeting me today at all.

Until 12:00 midnight and my phone rang.

It better be important.

My sleep is vital and very important than any non sense business.

Yet I was wide awake in seconds.

It was Amber.

She apologized for the late video call.

Of course, she still has no voice.

When our conversation ended, I slept soundly with a smile plastered on my face.

The reason?

Not Amber alone but how she danced Super Junior's "No Other" since she saw how I was so disappointed of her not calling earlier despite all the aegyo and pouting she gave me.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Year 3

She just told me that the past two years she had spent it at the Northern Shaolin Temples.

Figure she did that much since I saw her bald head in which the hair is now growing.

I took up a course in business naturally, a bit on foreign affairs since the company will be expanding and a little on music to keep me busy and sane while waiting for a babo to return.

Me and Sulli went to the same international university again.

But she took fashion designing.

She is talented at that.

While I am just talented on wearing what she makes or picking a good fashionable wear.

Amber told me that she was attending college too and that she now has been more focused to achieve the future that she is dreaming of.

I hope I am included in it.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Year 4

I met someone who is starting to bug and annoy me.

But too bad for him.

I already have Amber.

His name?

Junho oppa.

He is a year older than me.

His looks? Lets just say that he has many fangirls fawning over him.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Year 5

This year is so busy that I was not able to write much to Amber.

But her monthly letter is still the same as before. It would contain 30-31 pages.

Each page for each day as she said.

Yet I don't have much time to read most of it.

Also for another new, I finally agreed for Junho oppa to take me to out to dinner.

For me, it was just a friendly dinner.

I flat out told him that.

But I think his brain is hay wired since he still considers it as a date - date.

Argh! What the heck does he want from me?

Can't he see that I am taken already?




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Year 6

I finally reached the point where I am now too cool for school.

I am graduating college!

I wanted to ran around the park in circles just for the fun of it.

But it has been a few months since Amber wrote me that monthly letter.

Her video calls is not helping much.

It was like she is not much there although she tells me that she loves me every now and then.

News about her is very rare.

Her public appearances were limited after she graduated a semester earlier than me.

She took a some advance units of her classes that's why.

What the heck is with that, right?

Since she graduated earlier than me it is logical enough for anyone that she should come back by now.

Six years.

*SIGH

When will she return?

Will she ever return?

As for Junho oppa, he is my bestfriend now besides Sulli.

I did not break his heart for your information.

All he had for me was just a little crush.

He fell in love with my bestfriend Sulli.

And I am happy for the two but still something inside my chest is telling me I am not truly happy when she is not here.

As you can see, I am loyal to the Kryber tandem.

I just wish the agony of waiting will soon stop or I don't know what to do next.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



THE DAY OF MY GRADUATION

Still no Amber Liu.

And frankly, I think I am beggining to get tired of all the waiting.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid Amber!"

"Krystal, are you okay? Is it about Amber again?"

I gave no reply to Sulli since she knows about this already.

"Oh come on Krystal. How about you and me go somewhere along with Junho oppa?"

In frustration I agreed.

I need something for me to stop thinking over Amber.

Am I hurt? Definitely.

Was she ever thinking about me at all? You ask her.

Am I tired of waiting? Don't know and don't want to think about it.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



So here I am now after celebrating a bit of dinner with my family including Grandma Nana of course.

Sulli and I agreed to meet up later around 10 p.m. for a night out.

I saw Junho oppa's car approaching.

Sulli waved at me to go near and I followed suit.

I don't know where we are headed to.

"So where to?" I asked them both and I have this suspicious instinct behind their smiles.

You know that kind of smile which entails a evil plan thing?

That's what they are definitely giving me.

"That's for us to keep and don't worry. We promise that tonight you will be happy?"

Happy?

That word is now foreign to me.

Don't care about it.

Just take me anywhere as long as I could forget Amber even for a just short while.

The ride was not much.

Junho and Sulli were joking around.

I tried to fake a smile here and there.

Then we stopped somewhere.

"Krystal, take this blindfold. You know what to do with it. I will blindfold Sulli's eyes," Junho oppa said.

"What? I thought you are going to take us to Seoul tower oppa?" Sulli whined.

"Well, this is more exciting. A surprise for the both of you. Don't worry. I will be your guide."

As I went outside with my blindfold on Junho oppa told me, "Krystal, just hold on to my shoulder please."

I did as what he told me to do.

"Oppa, are we there yet?" Sulli asked.

"Almost." He said.

After a few minutes, I could not hear much of the traffic noise.

And there was something warm nearby.

"We are here. But don't take off your blindfolds until you finish counting backwards from number ten,okay? So ten - nine - ," Oppa instructed us.

We both did the silly countdown.

Until we reached number two.

It was beginning to become silent.

"Sulli?"

I could not hear her counting anymore.

I quickly took off the blindfold.

My eyes was still trying to sort out the place that I was left at by my two lovable bestfriends.

I was alone.

Where Amber and I met?

So much for going to be happy Sulli.

I will so get you two for this.

However, I was not able to budge from where I was standing because there were candles.

It was like lighting the way for me.

So that's the warm thing I felt awhile ago.

Out of curiousity I followed it since the park's lights were out and I can't see much now.

I then saw that I was lead to a familiar thing at the end of the candles.

The park's vending machine.

It has something taped to it which was addressed to - ME??

I began reading it.

PLEASE STOP THINKING AND JUST LISTEN TO WHAT MY HEART WANTS TO SAY.

READ THE FF ALOUD. THAT'S A SIMPLE REQUEST FROM YOUR FOREVER SERVANT.

IF THERE IS ONE WORD I KNOW, IT IS "YOU".

"YOU" HAD TROUBLE SINCE THE DAY YOU BOUGHT SOMEONE THAT WAS FOR SALE.

"YOU" LOVE TO EAT MANGOES ESP WHEN THEY ARE NOT IN SEASON.

"YOU" LIKE TO SLEEP ON MY BACK.

"YOU" HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GLARE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD OR MAYBE THE WHOLE UNIVERSE. ^^

"YOU" MAKE EVEN A TINY BEE FEAR FOR ITS LIFE DUE TO IT.

"YOU" MAY NOT HAVE ROYAL BLOOD BUT YOU SURE HAVE THE HEART OF A TRUE PRINCESS.

"YOU" SEND MY HEART ON THE GREATEST ADVENTURE IN MY LIFE AND THAT IS FALLING IN LOVE WITH A PRINCESS.

"YOU" ARE UNEXPLAINABLE.

"YOU" ARE THAT TO ME AND MORE.

"YOU". . . . .


She looked at the back if there's anything else on it.

"Huh that's all? And here I thought - " My words trailed away as I heard someone's voice behind me.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


AMBER'S P.O.V.

"Huh that's all? And here I thought - " Krystal's words trailed away as I started saying something to cut her off.

"YOU" LIKE SILLY LOVE MOVIES THAT MADE YOU GIGGLE INSIDE AND OUT.

"YOU" BLUSH A LOT AFTER COMPLIMENTS I MAKE.

"YOU" MAY SEEM UNCARING BUT DEEP WITHIN YOU DO.

"YOU" ARE JUNG SOOJUNG.

THE THIEF WHO STOLE MY HEART AND HAD KEPT IT HERE IN KOREA.

We were both silent.

I approached her.

We were now a step apart from each other.

"Amazing how the miles of distance separated us.

It has been six years, seven months, two weeks, four days, nine hours, forty-six minutes, thrirty-nine seconds and thirty-one milliseconds.

That's how long I have been separated from you.

But I have to tell you it was not easy."

She turned around and gave me a smile along with a couple of tears, a tight hug then -

*SLAP!

"What was that for princess??? Are you not happy I am here now?"

Oh no. She is definitely not happy though it took me some time to plan all of this.

"That was for not communicating with me much these past few days and not telling me that you can speak! Also, this -"

She crushed her lips unto mine.

God, it was as soft as I last kissed her.

She definitely took every ounce of air I have.

I mean literally.

I cannot breathe.

Good thing she stopped in the nick in time for us to take some much needed oxygen.

"And - *pant - that - *pant - was - *pant - for how much you made me miss you," Krystal said to me.

We smiled to one another.

"Aw princess. I was doing something very important."

"And what would be more important than coming back to me Amber Josephine Liu?"

She is now in ICY mode.

Crap! I know she can get impatient but does she need to do that in this cold weather?

"Okay, okay. I will explain everything but can't we sit down at this bench first for us to talk properly? I know your feet are tired. Also, I have something to show you," I said to her after giving her my coat.

She was beginning to shiver in the cold night.

Why is it that she is not covering her body much?

"Just like how we met for the first time right?"

Krystal simply answered with a "Yes."


"Six years, seven months, two weeks, four days, nine hours, fifty one minutes
and counting another second or two would lessen the little time we have here on earth..

And another minute or second without you is a wasted part of my life princess.

I hope after tonight we should never get separated again.

If we do separate again, the trauma might make me go permanently mute then.

That's why I must do something, be more outspoken and it has nothing to do with making you wait again.

Krystal was getting some tingling out of nowhere inside her stomach up to her heart. Her ears perked up to listen intently to Amber now.

Like wanting to start sharing morning kisses with you even before brushing our teeth and be the one you see first in each day that would come.

Amber released her arm over Krystal then slowly stood up.

So, on one bended knee I'm going to do this.

Although I should have done this via a superbowl commercial or an advertisement of your favorite show for most people to see.

Or bring you to a fancy high class restaurant to be more intimate.

Or drag you off to Hawaii or a Caribbean beach in sunset setting to be romantic.

Or have a band playing any romantic songs to make you feel more special than what you really are to me."

Amber then reached for her pocket to get a small box and opened it. By this time, Krystal's mesmerized state was added with widened eyes.

"Or put this ring in your favorite dessert however I cannot since you might choke.

And then do this perhaps in Seoul Tower where we can be on top of the world somehow.

But instead I asked Sulli to help me lead you to this place without any suspicions."

By then the tiny series of lights hung around the nearby trees lit up. Krystal was enthralled, excited and was holding herself back as much as she could as Amber is slowly filling her with such emotions for just one night.

"It's just the park but you do remember that this is where fate brought us to meet first?"

Unable to say anything, Krystal just nodded with a smile.

"Without further prolonging the agony of being without you, could you, Jung Soojung,



give me a lifetime grant where I'll be able to say sweet nothings to you randomly each day,










be with me so I could protect you and care for you like no one could for the rest of my life,











so I could get the chance of having someone love me in spite of me












and
















will


















you

























just
















marry me?"




I think you get the obvious picture of a crying Krystal making her head go up and down a number of times. She wanted to squeal as sharp as a dolphin.



But Amber was still anticipating the word so she stood up and asked again. Thinking Krystal haven't decided yet.


"So will you marry me princess?"


"YES!" Shouted a cheery Krystal.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



They were now seating on the bench. Giving playful kisses to one another.

"The time I spent in China was all worth it since you said 'yes to me.

Did you know that this simple rock takes millions of years to form?" Amber asked.


"Oh really?" Krystal was curious.


Amber started to explain, "It is a type A kind of jade. Often called 'stone of heaven'.

This natural type is what I wanted for you and it's the reason why I was out of touch for the past few months.

Looking for this ring took me to a number of mines in China.

I relentlessly searched practically everywhere.

I mined it myself although umma scolded me afterwards."

"Also, the other reason I was late today because I had to ask your appa's, grandma nana's, jessica unnie's, and also yuri unnie's permission and blessing for me to do this."

"YAH!" Krystal slapped her playfullly on the arm.


But still gave Amber the deadliest glare she coudl ever give her.

"What's wrong princess??"

"That's why they have been giggling around at dinner! I was so upset that Sica unnie and Yuri unnie were all lovey dovey while we were eating. Even appa and grandma Nana was all smiles and I had no clue. You - you - argh!"

"What?? I am what princess? It's not like I lied about this. It's what we normally call a surprise hence I should not tell you before it happens, right?"

"It's not about that but - "

"But what princess?"

"Aish! Now you are the one who is impatient. Can't you let me finish saying what I want to say?"

"N-neh." Amber's head bowed down like a kid who was ashamed.

*SIGH "I just wanted to say that you didn't have to do all the hard work of getting such a ring for me cause any ring would do as long as you would be the one proposing to me. Also, because there is no way I will be the one who would do the proposing. Second, you missed out a lot of my birthdays, christmas, new years and two graduations! I really can't believe you couldn't show up a day earlier than today." Krystal pouted and complained.

". . . ."

"I'm done talking. What should you say for yourself Amber Liu?"

"Uhh - th-that I - I uhmm - am sorry?"

"Is that an apology or a question? And?"

"The reason why I was not here a day earlier - well - it is b-because -uhmm - of -"

"Of what?"

"Actually, I don't know why. I just felt that it would feel more special since the date of your graduation is the same date as the first time we met here in the park."

Amber scratched the back of her head in nervousness and a bit of shyness.

Krystal, on the other hand, in a shocked daze never realized how Amber was able to look into such details. She was blushing once again.

"Aigoo. My princess is so cute being as flushed as this. But wait, you forgot about this day, didn't you?"

"Ahm - n-no."

"You're stuttering. That always mean you are not telling me the truth or is hiding something. Great!"

Amber raised her hands as if saying 'I give up'.

She stood up. She left her at the bench while hiding a playful smirk.

"Amber! Wait!"

The night went like that for the both of them.



Unknown to Krystal.

Jessica, Yuri, Sulli, Junho, her appa along with grandma Nana were eavesdropping nearby.

Of course the queen of China herself did not let this oppurtunity go to unheard by her own ears.

When they left, most of them were looking at Jessica who was complaining to Yuri how much more sentimental and romantic Amber is when proposing.

With flushed red cheeks, Jessica shook the body of a smiling Yuri after her seobang revealed what really happened the day she proposed.

Want to know?

Well, Jessica was at work and currently frustrated with Yuri since her bestfriend Tiffany married Taeyeon already.

Then Yuri, after numerous hints by Jessica that they should also get married, was still as clueless.

That made her really disappointed with a tinge of upset.

She ignored all calls from Yuri.

Until the latter, arrived at her office doorstep.

"Can I come in your iciness?" Yuri said teasingly after no one answered her knocks on the door.

She knew what is making 'her Sica' this way.

Kwon Yuri is not as dense as she might appear to be when it comes to 'her Sica'.

Jessica ignored her and pretended to busy herself with work.

"Okay since you are busy. I will just ask Hyomin to drink this frappe mochaccino I personally made and let Gyuri eat this freshly made sandwich I prepared for you."

That did it.

"Stay. Sit."

Yuri smiled widely.

She did as what the sergeant told her to do.

"I know why you are being like this," Yuri said while her head was supported with one arm.

Jessica looked up and replied sarcastically, "Oh really? Please do fill me in with the details about why I am me right now."

"Stand up first."

'Yuri is really pushing it.' Jessica thought while controlling her anger.

"Come here by the window please Sica."

Jessica did as what she was told while not looking at Yuri.

"Let me see. Remember one of those balloons which we pretended to fill up with our dreams?" Yuri asked.

"Neh. What about it? Did any of it failed and popped?"

"Not really Sica."

"So?"

"Well, one of mine found its way to this window of yours right here, right now," she told Jessica as they both looked out the window.

A pink balloon was really there.

It has something tied to it.

Yuri opened the window and got the tiny package.

She opened it as she bent a knee.

Jessica gasped.

Yuri smiled as she cited, "You know I am not much of a genius when it comes to these kinds of speeches but my heart has been meaning to ask you this. Will you marry me Jung Sooyeon?"

That's that. ^^


Let's go back to the main story now.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



PRESS CONFERENCE

The Jung heiress and crowned 'Prince' of China holding a press conference was the hottest news all around the world.

They had clues as to why and what it's about.

All big time international news stations scurried to grab hold of the limited slots offered by the couple.

As reporters and cameras were set up to crowd the room, the people gathered outside the building all waited to watch on the white big screen for the most awaited moment.

They set up for the people who are interested to listen but cannot go in.

A lot of girls and guys were handing out tissues to one another.

Consoling one another.

Spazzing about the 'love of their life marrying another?'.

It was all hope in life had abandoned them.

To add irony to their crying moments, Amber and Krystal walked together gleefully on stage with linked arms.

Up first on the mike was the 'crowned prince'.

"I am lucky and happy to announce for the both of us that we are engaged," Amber exclaimed proudly with Krystal smiling for real at her side.

The couple was happy as the press conference went on with the people they love at the front seats nearby.

Victoria was happy and tried her best to hold back the tears from flowing although her eyes can't stop much of it though.

Their close friends from high school (the whole student council pratically) were there including Hyuna and Junho.

Sulli was crying and punching Junho's chest while making comments 'You better propose better than Amber oppa.'

Krystal's grandmother was shedding a tear or two at the sight of happiness this event made.

Jessica smiled with watery eyes as her Kwon seobang hugged her. Yuri was all smiles for the couple on stage.

However, most of them stopped crying as a loud sound was made.

They saw Mr. Jung and Key hugged each other and crying their hearts out very loudly and exaggerated it.

Mr. Jung cried 'cause not only one but two of his daughters are soon to leave him alone in the mansion. He even cried more at the prospect that his mother is going to live in her own residence.

Grandma Nana was ashamed by how he acted and it was obvious. She swayed her head sideways in disappointment.

Key cried - errr - well because his work load has been added ever since Amber was the one who mostly helped him around the big mansion and he will be left to accompany the Mr. Jung now.

Some cheered yet there's still that faction where they poured their hearts out.






Bang!





Bang!




Two shots were fired.


People were panicking.


Turmoil had happened today.


Everyone ducked except for a guy holding a gun.



"IF I CAN'T HAVE HER THEN BEST TO HAVE A TRASH LIKE YOU DISPOSED OFF BY MY OWN HANDS FREAK!"


It was Choi Minho.

Disheveled, unshaven and had seemed to lost a lot of sleep and weight.

The once handsome features of his were overshadowed by the look he gained from obvious alcoholism and drugs.

The security quickly ganged up on him and the police later made a quick arrest.

As people were about to settle back into their respective places while checking their loved ones if they are okay, a distinct scream was heard.

Minho was now laughing hysterically knowing that Krystal's scream had confirmed what he wanted to accomplish today.


Kill Amber Liu.






Someone sobbed as she held Amber's body near to her chest.





As if time was set to slow motion she did not know what to do.






Krystal Jung was trembling and collapsing inside while she held Amber close.






She did not even notice the people around her or the noise of people scrambling about.






They rushed to help her.






The good news was now smudged with an unexpected one.






Amber Josephine Liu was shot at the chest in broad daylight.






Blood oozing out of the entry wound.






Staining the suit she was wearing and the carpeted floor.






Krystal shook her as she cried and cried.







Thinking she was just playing dead.







Amber regained a bit of life and coughed red liquid from .








Internal bleeding has occurred no matter how much pressure were pushed unto it.








Krystal was now shouting at Amber who was going in and out of consciousness.







"You better not leave me now!"



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Right again. Therefore, why are you making my lunches instead of theirs?"

"Cause I want to and I like to make it for you every day," she said as she smiled.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Her tears began to blur her sight.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"It's just that my heart feels like it's at the right place whenever my princess is near. Like a candle wax melting whenever you coldly look at me. Whenever you try to push me away, I feel like you want to pull me instead."

------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The others had difficulty stopping the bleeding but it did not stop the back and forth rocking she did as she embraced Amber.

"You know what princess? They told me spanish is another romantic way of speaking to someone you like."
"Cuando estoy contigo, estoy más feliz. Me gusta estar contigo, me haces sonreír."
"But wouldn't it be more romantic in your own language? Like ' 내가 너랑 같이있을 때는, 나는 행복 해요. 당신과 함께있는 것 같아, 날 웃게 해주는.'"
"I know that you'll know what it really means right away."
(ENGLISH: I'm happier when I'm around you. I like being with you because you make me smile.)
The butler then wrote on her master's open palm.
Saranghe.
Then said, "I love you Jung Soojung. Hope I can be enough to make you love me too."



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Don't give up! Never ever give up on me!"



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"So there's no one special then?"

Krystal made a step forward as she bent her head a bit.

"Hmm - there is someone in particular I like, princess."

Amber took the other step while her eyes looked at the sides.

Krystal raised an eyebrow as she asked, "Oh really? Who is it?"

Krystal moved closer with the cutest smile Amber saw.

"Maybe you don't know her. Or do you?'

The butler gave a sheepish smile for her master as she took the last step, making them a few inches apart.

"Maybe. Maybe not. You tell me."

Amber felt her pulses beating strongly.

Krystal swore to herself if she doesn't make the move, she will.

"She really is something though. I danced with her and has the letters 'y' and 'a' in her name. Plus she is very rich."

Her master was frowning.

"Hyuna?"

"Yes."

Krystal thought she was just playing but the name of another girl from took her last ounce of patience.

Angry, she stomped on Amber's foot.

"OUCH! I was just kidding!" Amber yelped at the master who was furiously walking away.

Krystal was not pleased with the joke.

She stopped to punch Amber on the gut and said, "Then who is it? Or do I have to be brutal to get you to talk?"

"For a princess, your stength could be like a prince's,"

"Talk or else - "

Taking off one of her pointy sandals, she threatened Amber with it. Though there was no way she could do that really.

"YAH! Okay! Okay! It's Kry-*Cough -stal."

Her master tried hard to hold back her smile.

"Again. Clearly this time and as loud as everyone in our home could hear it. Say it starting with 'I love -'."

"But - "

Krystal faced the flowers instead of Amber so that she won't see how red she'll get when she was about to shout it.

"Say it or I'll never talk to you ever - ."

Before she could finish talking, Amber shouted, "I LOVE JUNG SOOJUNG!!!"



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"You promised me that you would never leave me again!"



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Hey! How come you mixed in a fake rose here? Are you telling me your feelings are fake too?"

"You misunderstood. I purposedly put that fake one there because when I gave you these it meant that I would love you til the last one withers and dies. Don't you like the idea of me forever loving you?



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"I waited all these years for you so don't you dare die on me!"



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Without further prolonging the agony of being without you, could you, Jung Soojung, give me a lifetime grant where I'll be able to say sweet nothings to you randomly each day, be with me so I could protect you and care for you like no one could for the rest of my life, so I could get the chance of having someone love me in spite of me and will you just marry me?"




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Amber was in delirium but was able to smile a bit at the ranting and shouting her princess did.

She tried to reach out a hand to touch Krystal's face.

Paramedics had just arrived.

They somehow convinced Krystal to let go of Amber's body.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



"Is a happily ever after going to occur ahjussi?"

A lot of groans were heard as the anticipated 'what's next' was cut off by that question.

"What do you kids think will happen?"

A lot of hands shot in the air.

"Okay, how about you lil one?"

"Well, I think they will get their happily ever after. I am sure of it!"

The storyteller just smiled at the little boy.

A lot of answers were now mixed in the air.

Another one spoke, "How about we let ahjussi finish his story so that we could all know?"

All agreed and cheered a 'yeah' in unison to the proposed action.

"A happily ever after depends on how you make the most of it really. So continuing the story. . . "



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



HOSPITAL

The O.R. room was prepped and it's light outside was on indicating an ongoing operation.

Inside the sterile room, the medical team rushed and quickened their pace.

The machine made a beeping sound.

O.R. Nurse 1: Doc, the BP is now 30/50! Shall we infuse another unit?

Primary Surgeon: Crap! Do it. She is loosing too much blood too fast. Quickly, help me find the source of bleeding. We certainly missed to close up one.

Intern Surgeon: I thought we had cleared everything as per the images we have.

The primary surgeon noticed the doubt in the medical staff and the slim chance they were presented with now.

Primary S.: Just stop yapping now and help me look for it now! Do you want to be a doctor who wants to save lives or just wanted to talk?!?

The intern flinched. Everyone else who knew the standard operating procedure went back to their work.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Krystal and the others outside heard the chaos inside the O.R. room.

She buried herself more in grief.

Someone then grabbed hold of her hand.

It was Victoria.

She was smiling weakly at the girl engaged to her daughter who was in critical condition.

Krystal tried to smile back but couldn't.

People gathered near the hospital grounds as hours passed.

Most of them prayed.

Some just waited in silence.

The O.R. light turned off.

It was done.

After five hours and thirty-two minutes they finally finished all they could.

The primary surgeon went out of the operating room to do one of the most grueling task in their field.

Facing and explaining to the family.

"I cannot guarantee any promises. We did all we could to stop most of the bleeding. The rest is up to the patient now."

After hearing it, Krystal could not take much of it anymore.

She finally broke down again.

Crying unto Victoria's chest.

She hugged Krystal while massaging her back.

That's what a mother all could do to console a child with tears.

Jessica and Yuri tried to console her along with Sulli, her grandmother, father and close friends.

The news was not much of a solace as it tearing them apart inside.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


As they entered Amber's room, machines were making beeping sounds of life.

Air was mechanically pushed into the patient's body.

Amber's respiration and circulation was now maintained by intubation and ventilation, administration of intravenous fluids or blood.

The last thing needed was supportive care.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Just three hours after the operation, the machine alarm attached to Amber went off.

Nurses and doctors were called by Yuri and Jessica as Krystal refused to leave Amber's side.

1 minute. . .

They watched them give first resuscitative measures.

3 minutes. . .

Nothing.

Amber was still in an unstable state.

5 minutes. . .

They took off the tubes.

It was useless.


7 minutes and 13 seconds and counting. . .

The doctor took of his mask and pronounced at 9:51 p.m. that Amber Liu is dead.

All were in shock.

Who knew this would happen?

Krystal couldn't just accept it.

She went to Amber's bedside.

Then she pounced the lifeless body lightly at first as tears were uncontrollable to keep.


Then again. Each stronger than the previous one.





Then again.





Then finally she gave it her all and pounced Amber's chest area for what would be the last time she could ever be able to do it.