FEELINGS

BUTLER FOR HIRE - ANYONE?

"A semester passed since I confessed and I wanted to know what you really feel towards me."

"You really want to know?"

"Neh."

"As an oppa."

"Pardon?"

"As an oppa. That's all you can ever be. Bye Minho oppa and mianhe (sorry)," she said in a low calm voice while slowly taking off of his hold.

Frustrated, Minho thought Let's just see about that.

He was expecting something else as Krystal was the only girl who never noticed him.

Even after all the changes he had gone through from being the bullied nerd to being the most sought after bachelor in school.

Still it wasn't enough for her.

Minho left, not with a broken hard but one filled with hate and revenge.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The annual open school festival was next month.

Amber was made the chairman in charge for the event by a landslide vote.

"More work," she said with her head on the desk.

"Are you complaining now?"

"No," she said showing her white teeth to smile.

Krystal wasn't convinced.

"Not believing huh? I am not complaining since I can get to see you more often and work with you more often miss pre-si-dent and you. . . . . Wouldn't have too much workload."

"Oh really?" Krystal said behind Amber's ear.

It was one of the few changes the master had made. Being comfortable around the servant brought her a life a 360 degrees turn. With it, life seemed less stressful.

"You're starting to tease me again."

Amber pouted at Krystal.

"Too aegyo, Amber," she said pinching her cheeks.

"Yah! That hurts princess. Maybe you shouldn't be called a princess with that much strenght,"

"Now, now. Don't be rude or others would think the amazing Amber is uncool."

"I don't care about that."

"How come it's hard to believe that?"

Just watch me to see it then." Amber said with a wink.

Something about the way she looked and do things made it impossible for her to stop feeling happy.

Krystal smiled, thinking how much she was enjoying the conversation.

Enjoying her.

Then consciously or subconsciously she stopped thinking and started to fall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FRIDAY

"Wow, another set of white roses, Krys. Three pieces to be exact and with a note too," Sulli said.

"Who would do this and why?"

"Beats me. Your guess is as good as mine."

"Amber?"

"No clue yet. Wait, are you liking whoever -"

*WACK!

The back of Amber's head was met by a loud slap of a ruler.

Getting used to the commotion of the two, Sulli and everyone else went back to their business.

Amber winced in pain.

It was not because of fear but rather displeasing her master would give her emotional troubles.

"Is Key oppa your second father now? Cause you two are starting to think alike and are annoying at times too. Or do you want to become an ahjussi like him?"

"No ahjumma," the butler whispered to herself.

Another hit on her head.

"What the - "

Amber quickly covered as Krystal said, "Yes?"

"I was about to say 'what the heck bit my head'. It was like a big mosquito or bee. That's all."

They all went to their seats.

Krystal could only chuckle how Amber always play right into whatever mood she was into.

She then remembered the note and began reading it

"Do you have a map? I seem to be lost in your eyes."

"By M.E.? Who's this?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*SIGH*

She was bored. Her mind was in deep thinking.

Being a rich and famous heiress is no fun as cameras take pictures of you here and there.

People would make opinions of what and who you are.

They define you though you hope to define you yourself to them.

"You shouldn't stress yourself out princess."

Amber placed a plate of her favorite fruit - mangoes.

Krystal's eyes widened at the delicious treat but composed herself as she strictly said -

"How do you know I even like to eat this?"

"I have my sources. Besides, you don't like it, you love them." She winked at the princess.

She blushed. "Yah! Where in the world did you get it? It's not in season yet, too."

"Oh – somewhere. Now eat up."

NOTE: (She actually went to the nearest country to get it for Krystal.)

Before she could speak –

Amber was spoon feeding it to her.

"Say "ah" princess."

"You know I can feed my self, right?"


"Neh. But let me just do it this time. Don't worry, I checked that no one is around. No Key oppa, Sica unnie or your dad.

"No."

"No? Oh well, I even thought you'd like to see my surprise later on if you let me do this." Amber acted disappointed while shaking her head.

"Surprise? What is it?""

Amber tried her best to hide the smirk.

"Oh it's nothing princess. Better luck next time for me then."

"Okay," she said shyly.

Blushing Krystal opened while looking sideways.

The butler gladly took a spoonful of the mango and fed it to her.

"Ah – Hmm. It's sweet! Thank you Amber!"

Delighted at the masters approval, she smiled. Krystal turned bright red under the moonlit sky.

"Wait a moment princess."


Amber slowly leaned forward from her chair to take a closer look at her face.


She bit her lips while looking at the princess' mouth.


She couldn't see clearly so she moved closer.


Inches. That's how far their faces were.


The butler's hand placed at the jaw line.


Krystal gripped the arm rests.


"There! The mess is gone."


As she smiled, her master fainted.

"Princess!"

With fast reflexes, arms grabbed her to prevent the fall.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MINUTES PASSED


"Ugh – What happened?"

Groggily, she woke up being carried in Amber's arms.

"Yah! What are you doing?!"

"You fainted all of a sudden awhile ago princess so I am carrying you to bed."

"But I am not sleepy yet."

"I'll accompany you then throughout the night"

"The surprise."

"Huh? What surprise?"

"Don't play dumb with me."

"Huh?"

Krystal gently slapped her face and Amber swayed her head as if it was a strong one.

"Surprise please."

That's better. Hehe."

Put me down please."

"Arasso princess."

"I want the surprise now," Krystal said as she glared at Amber.

"And?"

"P-please."

Amber bent down.

"Surprise express. Come and hop on."

"To what?"

"Unto my back, come on or else the surprise will leave you."

Krystal accepted the piggyback ride from her due to wanting to know badly what the surprise was. Yet as she was about to, Amber said, "And please have this blindfold."

"I own this place and you want me blindfolded? You sure are something."

"All the better to please you only princess."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the young Jung was on the back, she asked, "Hey, Amber. "

"Yes princess?"

"Have you ever tried confessing to a girl you like before?"

She braced herself for what her answer might be.

"Why are you curious all of a sudden?"

"Just a little chat."

"Now why would I tell you something too personal?"

"Cause -"

"I know I am your butler however if you must know, there's a condition to know it."

"What? You know how to negotiate now?"

"I learned from a great teacher," Ambe said.

"Oh? Then who might that be?"

"You. My princess."

Did I hear her right? She said "MY"??????

Krystal's heart started to beat loudly. She held her chest hoping to calm it down.

Ba-dump

Ba-dump

Ba-dump

"Princess?"

"Uh- What?!"

"We are here. You can take off the blindfold now."

They were in a meadow of flowers.

All shining under the moon's light.

"Wow. Where is this?"

"Remember asking me where I had gone one night?"

"Huh?"

"It was beyond the trees from your window princess. You like it so far?"

"Neh," Krystal smiled brightly as she said that.

Amber was now feeling all mushy inside and it's hard to hide it.

She slapped herself to overcome it but cannot.

I'm doomed if she does something that'll give me more butterflies.

"Thanks Amber! I am so happy," Krystal said as she twirled around the meadow.

The butler sat near a trees as she watched her playing with whatever she can think of playing.

"Have you ever held a firefly before?"

"No."

"Ehhh? Really??"

"You think I got all the time in the world to stop and learn that?"

Shaking her head Amber got up.

She hand picked a white bell shaped flower.

Is she going to confess to me tonight???

The thought constantly ringing within her head.

"Guess I'll show you how to do it then," Amber said as she held out a flashlight.

Krystal stiffened. She felt it was too dreamy as she saw Amber walking towards her with a flower as if in slow motion.

"Hold unto this please," the butler offered the flashlight.

Krystal was confused.

Aren't you going to confess??"

The butler held the master's hand. Their bodies standing too close to each other as though the butler was about to hug her from behind.

In silence, Krystal watched Amber shining the flashlight directly up and down at her side.

Amber was too focused on the fireflies to notice her stare.

"This is how you get a firefly. You have to attract them with light,"

"Uh okay," she said still looking at her until she saw a firefly getting near them.

"See?"

"Wah! It actually worked!"

"Hehe. And as an added bonus," Amber said as she trapped the firefly with the bell shaped flower.

"It's like a glowing light bulb."

Krystal was too happy. It was too magical and sweet.

How her heart wished for the bliss to not end.

"This is how I want to confess to the girl I like princess."

So you are not confessing then to me. *SIGH. . .

"Wait, you haven't confessed yet to a girl?"

"I am too timid and shy. I don't even know if she'll like someone, you know, like me," Amber answered as she scratched her cheek.

"She'll fall for you 100%!"

"Really? Don't tease me now princess.""

I am supporting you already though I wished it was me. Oh no. Is that what my mind thinks??

Krystal shook her head as she said, "No, I am telling the truth."

They sat down underneath a tree as they watched the stars.

Krystal was still amazed with the glowing flower.

Amber crouched up. Pointing to the flower, she said, "We better release that lil fella."

"Why? It's just too cute!"

"Cause it has a life of its own and it would die two to three days after being captured."

"O-okay."

"You might feel cold so please use my jacket."

"No, it's alright,"

Amber ignored her and put it on her.

"Why are you doing these out of the blue?"

"Am I not allowed to do so?"

Krystal tried to look for a comeback.

"Fine, don't tell me."

"You're so adorable whenever you're stubborn."

"Your charm has no effect and I am angry now," she said glaring at her.

"Really?"

"Really."

Amber just snickered.

She sat closer to her master.

Leaning her head on Krystal's shoulder, she closed her eyes and said, "It's because I'd like to know Jung Soojung more. The ahjumma who saved me without having second thoughts."

Krystal pinched her arm slightly but her butler just smiled.

"But the real reason is because I'm trying to know how to draw."

"Draw what?"

"Your lips into that rare smile. The only smile that deprived me of air to breathe even in a wide open space like this. The only smile making my heart feel like - "

Krystal was now feeling like Amber was about to confess.

Being impatient, she wanted to help the butler do it or else her heart is going to burst out of too much suspense.

"Like skipping a beat?"

"No."

"Like going on a roller coaster ride?"

"Kinda. Well, not really."

"Like making your heart beat fast and slow at the same time?"

"Nope."

"Then what???"

"If you had let me finish, you wouldn't have asked."

"Mianhe (sorry)," she said as she lowered her head.

"Haha. It's okay."

Amber was gazing into her eyes.

"It's just that my heart feels like it's at the right place whenever my princess is near. Like a candle wax melting whenever you coldly look at me. Whenever you try to push me away, I feel like you're pulling me closer instead."

At that moment, Krystal's insides were all mushy.

The feeling was unfamiliar ground.

Her usual self would avoid it and shrug the emotions like it was nothing.

It worked out well til now.

She was in love.

And this was the first time someone had ever done this to her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The butler's face was moving nearer.

She was expecting a kiss, but Amber didn't.

Instead, she raised Krystal's hand against her cheek, closing her eyes, as if wanting to remember her touch forever.

Both were silent as they watched the vast night sky full of stars.

Neither had the feeling to speak.

There was comfort in that, Krystal thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MORNING BEFORE CLASSES STARTS

Krystal quickly stashed a piece of paper inside her pockets as Amber walked over her desk.

"What are you hiding princess?"

"N-nothing."