CAN'T BE

BUTLER FOR HIRE - ANYONE?

BEFORE THE INCIDENT

To continue the good mood yesterday, Amber woke up early at dawn for a "breakfast in bed surprise" for Krystal.

"I think that's it."

Amber was checking the carefully laid out meal.

Bacons and scrambled eggs with pancakes at the side.

Freshly squeezed orange juice with ripe sweet mango for dessert.

It was complete yet, "Something is still missing. Hmmm. A flower!" She said.

Face palming herself for forgetting, she walked outside to get it.

When Amber reached the favorite hang out meadow that she and Krystal shared, someone stealthily covered with a handkerchief.

She elbowed the assailant at the gut making her run for it after knocking him out unconscious with a jujitsu body throw.

Trying hard to fight the chemical that she smelled from the cloth awhile ago, her body staggered.

The house entrance was near.

Her knees were getting weak and the surroundings were blurry.

"Not again. . ."

Everything was pitch black.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN HOUR BEFORE THE CALL

Pain was felt all over her body making her wake up groggily.

Her skin were covered with bruises as she felt swelling on a part of her face.

The place smelled of fresh cement and paint.

"You are awake at last! Didn't knew that even while slightly unconscious you could still fight."

Amber does not recognize the stranger in front.

"Where am - "

"Between here and there. Okay Minho get ready!"

Min-Minho?

Amber was confused.

Wasn't he Krystal's good friend? Why did he do this? Unless -

Minho walked towards her.

His eyes were dark and he seemed to be not eating or sleeping well for the past days.

"Umph!"

Blood came out of the badly beaten butler's mouth.

Minho massaged his fist. What kind of body does this stupid butler has?[i]

"Why - "

Amber managed to say before coughing more blood.

". . . ."

"Please don't do anything to Krystal."

Rage was filling him up at what he heard from her rival.

"Shut up you filthy b*****! You are an insult to your family! How can a girl love another girl?? You disgust me you freak."

"She rejected you."

"That's not what I want. I want her to love me and not you."

"B-but sh-she doesn't -"

"She doesn't realize it yet but there is no way she could love a girl, more so like you, forever. It is not normal. Krystal is more suitable to be with me, a man, and not you. You are just a butler turned royalty. Heck! Your family and country would want you to marry a guy! What a big disgrace you are!"

Each word of reality hit Amber. She knew those things would come yet her feelings fought it especially after her princess was showing that she felt the same.

Doubts came back, taunting her mind.

". . ."

[i]Am I really that pathetic and unbearable? Can't someone like me get a chance to be loved back? I know I am not a man but Krystal would not leave me. Would she? I can't bear any more pain but for you my princess I will. Just don't leave a pitiful babo like me.

"Cat got your tongue now you good-for-nothing of a butler?"

"You - you can't force her to love you."

"Oh I got that covered."

"There's no way she will say yes!"

"Gosh! I am scared! Haha. There is and you will see how much you two are unfit for each other. You will see that she loves me."

Sensing her body's energy drained out, Amber passed out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFTER THE CALL

"That was some great speech Minho!"

A guy tapped his back at approval of how the call went in their favor.

Minho looked over his rival then said, "Henry-sshi, I need this butler crushed emotionally before you erase her from this world."

"Don't worry. After getting her from that tightly secured Jung mansion I can do a simple task such as that. We do need to get her out of the picture, right my friend?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MONDAY

"Where is she?!?"

With all her might, she screamed at her rejected admirer.

Near breaking point, she dropped to her knees and cried.

"Soojung, calm down a bit."

"How could I calm down you thick headed jock with an idiot's IQ if you kidnapped her and she-she's. . . ."

Krystal broke down into more tears even after crying all night with images of a bloody Amber.

"Mianhe. I don't want to see you like this."

"Then bring her back to me. Bring her back. I want her. Not you. Never you."

Engulfed with jealousy and anger with what she said, Minho wanted to pull the plug and kill Amber at the second she said those words.

However, he immersed into making his revenge sweeter.

So he composed himself and acted nice.

"I will. After you agree to marry me and kiss me on a live press conference tomorrow announcing our engagement."

Krystal was shocked at how the guy she looked up to as her big brother could be that selfish.

Minho motioned to wipe the drops falling from her face.

She slapped the hand that was trying to reach for her tears.

"Don't come near me!"

Krystal got up.

Running away, she heard him shout, "If you don't do this, Amber will be dead!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOMORROW

Cameras were flashing.

It was an unexpected news.

Choi Minho and Jung Soojung. Getting married.

Reporters gathered at the announcing of the engagement.

"We are delighted to be the bearer of this good news," Minho paused to look at the person beside him.

Krystal still thought of her Amber and not hearing for what he might say.


[I]*FLASHBACK*

"You didn't let me finish what I have said."

He gripped tight on Krystal's wrist and won't let go.

"What is there for me to hear you prick?!"

She tried to fend him off.

"I said the deal would only be that. For a day. It will be up to you if you want to push through with the wedding or not even after the press conference. You just have to pretend to be happy in front of the cameras. We will share a kiss then answer a few questions then that's it. You will get Amber after doing it all."

She pondered for a moment at the offer.

Her mind was too worried and pre-occupied with scenes of Amber during that video call that she had decided immediately without thinking of the possibilities and consequences.









Glaring at him, she coldly said, "Put it in paper and let's sign on it. I don't trust your words Choi Minho."


Minho smiled and hugged her tightly only to be pushed away by Krystal.

"After tomorrow, you and I don't know each other."

After she left, Minho smiled at how things were going according to plan.

"We will see about that lil Soojung."

He smirked while thinking of what will happen.

*END OF FLASHBACK*




"This will be the wedding of the century folks."

"Would there be a merging of companies then?" One reporter inquisitively asked.

"We can't comment on that prospect for now. We are just happy to be in love at the moment."

"Miss Jung! I have a question for you. Weren't you linked with Amber Liu, the current heir to China's crown?"

Minho stared at her with a fake smile plastered on his face.

Come on Krystal. You can do this. It's for Amber.

"I was not. We are just master and butler at that time."

"So does this mean that all the public display of affection were nothing?"

"It was just a puppy love at that time," Minho interjected.

The reporter was unconvinced and was waiting for Krystal to say something.

Noticing it, she said, "What he said was true. It was nothing. He is the one I truly love at the moment. Since we were childhood friends, it was only a matter of time and a little bit of patience that brought us to where we are now."

She tried to remember the festival and Amber to make her smile more genuine.

"Can't we ask a proof for this new found love that you both shared then?" Another reporter teased.

Everyone was shouting for them to kiss.

I'm doing this for Amber.

Krystal thought to herself as Minho's mouth were getting close.

Closing her eyes, she imagined with all her might that he was Amber.

She stood still while Minho was forcing his unwanted lips on hers.

It took only several seconds.

But to Krystal it was like hell slowly torturing her inside.

The audience clapped at the engaged couple.

They broke the kiss.

Minho smiled as he saw his goal was accomplished.

Krystal turned around to see who Minho was smiling to.

[color="#000080"]"A-Amber -"

A shocked Amber was seen inside a car.

Krystal just realized Minho's plan and ran after the vehicle Amber was in.

"Amber! Don't go!"

Too late.

The butler was not able to hear her.

"I know where oppa is keeping her."

A distraught Krystal heard Hyuna say.

Should I trust her?

"Get up before oppa finds us together. We got to save Amber and only you can help me. So get up and stop crying like a wuss."

"Why is he doing this?"

"I don't know. I recently overheard what oppa planned just this morning. He was talking to some stranger on the phone. My hired agent found out where Amber is held captive. In as much as I want to save her myself I know I can't do it on my own especially with oppa and appa supporting this scheme to get Choi and Jung companies merged."

"Th-thank you."

"Don't thank me yet. I loved Amber but not as much as you do. Besides, I have someone else at the moment. However, knowing what your butler's state is currently in I cannot just sit around and watch."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krystal called China's queen Victoria about the lead.

Later, a private elite army was formed to rescue Amber in a matter of hour.

"Team A surround all possible exits. Team B is with me in extracting the target. Our intel says that we have this as enough evidence to put Henry away for good. So let's not screw this up." Donghae said with armed uzis.

Victoria was nervous.

Krystal felt something was not right.

As the teams separated and went in the unfinished building on an desserted dock, the spectators could hear what they were saying on the radio.

"You can never take me alive you fools! The crown was and is mine! Never to this stupid cousin I have here! Hahaha!"

"Master Henry it's all over. This is not the right way."

Donghae tried to negotiate with him.

"Who are you to tell me what is wrong and right?"

"Henry hyung. You can have the crown if you want. I don't want it."

Krystal knew it was Amber's voice.

"Shut up! You stupid brat! Everything was good until you came back! Since I was not able to kill you last time this time I will make sure you do."

"Stop him!"

Fired shots resounded at the place.

"No! There's a bomb! Everyone take cover!"

Amber shouted.





After a few minutes of silence.


*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!


A floor exploded followed by the building's collapse.

"AMBER! NO!"

Krystal was about to go inside but Key caught her before she could.

"This is not happening. Amber will be alive. Neh umma?"

Victoria could not respond.

She was in too much pain of what just happened.

After losing Amber for a long time, losing her this way was too much for her to bear.

When the team came out.

They saw Donghae shaking his head as if telling them that the extraction plan failed.

Krystal lost it.

She cried non-stop. Her tears kept on falling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The coming days, Krystal's time was spent on ordering the search team through the rubbles that was left after the blast.

Results would come up with nothing but it never stopped her.

Her health was neglected.

Jessica and their father could not do much but only watch as Krystal suffered the loss.

They tried to help but would be empty handed after each passing day.

On another place, China was also mourning the loss.

Their queen collapsed after their royal private jet landed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TWO MONTHS AFTER

"Amber, why did you left me? You never got to propose, babo. Is this how you want it to end? I never got the chance to tell you that what you saw at the press conference meant nothing."

*FLASHBACK*

"Wake up princess! Wake up!"

Amber was shaking Krystal for about half an hour already and still have an asleep master.

"Yah! It's weekend so I want to sleep more!"

She threw a pillow at Amber who just caught it.

"Oh really? And here I thought we can go out on a date since you have nothing much on your schedule. It's okay. I will let you sleep more."

Did I hear her right? A date?!? Why didn't she say so in the first place? Aish!

"I'm up! I'm up! Geez! You better make this date worth my time."

"Neh. I will my princess."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they were outside, Krystal asked, "By the way, where are you taking me?"

Amber grinned evilly then answered, "Se-cret."

She lightly slapped her arm.

The butler could only smile in response to it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Riding on a bicycle, Krystal hugged Amber from behind.

It was a short trip so driving a car was too much.

A few minutes later.

"We are here princess. Wake up please."

"Hmm. Five more minutes."

It was hard making a Jung wake up.

Then a thought came to Amber's mind.

"Hi miss Hyuna."

Krystal's eye were wide open at the name.

"Where is she???"

Realizing the prank, she glared at Amber which had not much effect this time.

"Not here, that I can assure you."

Amber chuckled at how she can be alert at any girl's name she would tell her master.

"Yah! Why do you always do that to wake me up? It's annoying!"

"Mianhe my princess. Besides we are here."

The butler led her to a secluded cliff with an overview of their town.

The sun was rising.

Hues of varied colors mixed in unison.

It was nature's art at its best.

Krystal loved the spectacular view and showed it to Amber with a smile.

"Whenever I got problems, I usually do this to clear my mind."

"So is something bothering you then?"

"Nope. My life is perfect at the moment. With you. However, I noticed something is bothering you though that's why I brought you here on a day date."

"You are cheesy. You do know that right? But still sweet enough to send butterflies in my stomach."

"Hehe. I know. So tell me princess. What's bugging you?"

"You. Having thoughts of almost losing you."

"I am sorry for that but please do cheer up. Where ever fate might put me, I will fight it so that I'll always end up in one place. Beside you."

*END OF FLASHBACK*


Krytsal kept on thinking and thinking.

She loves Amber and the thought of her death was enough to paralyze her.

The door slammed open and Key was smiling.

"Agassi! We found Amber!"

At those words, she rose up.

"Where is she now?"

"At the district hospital."

"What are you waiting for?? Get the car ready and let's go!"

"Already did agassi."

Key gleefully said to her master as they went out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOSPITAL

A frantic and worried Krystal came running to the nurse's station.

"What room is she in Key oppa?"

She badly needs to see Amber.

Her Amber.

"I had her transferred to a suite. It's the first door to your left agassi."

They were about to get inside when a someone blocked their way.

"Excuse me miss, sir, but visitors are not allowed at the moment. Doctor's orders."

Key let her young master in and whispered to the person who used to stood at the door.

"If you want this hospital to be still running, you will let her in or Jung enterprises will predict its expiration date."

Afraid at Key's remarks, the nurse just nodded and backed away.

As they entered, Krystal stood still and asked, "How long was she in the hospital?"

"They said a week or two already agassi. It took them some time to get her stabilized. She had no identification on her and the uniform was tattered by the blast. Luckily it was a custom made uniform that it let most of her organs intact and with little damaged. Also, I had informed Amber's mother on the way here. She will be arriving later this afternoon."

Krystal could only nod as she saw a sleeping Amber.

The up and down motion her chest gave her relief that she could never describe.

She sat near Amber's bed.

Krystal took her hand and placed it on her cheek.

The warmth of it made her smile.

"Where have you been, babo? Did you forget your way home?"

Having Amber safe and alive, Krystal was able to sleep soundly ever since that day a bomb exploded.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Queen Victoria arrived later on to see her daughter.

Alive.

She shed tears of happiness.

Noticing the young Jung caring for only daughter this much made her cry even more.

It was a sight to be remembered.

No words can express how much joy she had.

She went near the two and watched over until the doctor would come by during his rounds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krystal was awakened by a hand gently caressing her face.

She opened her eyes and was greeted by a smile.

The owner of the goofy smile she fell in love.

Her eyes were watery.

A tear fell down her face.

Amber wiped it dry with her finger and expressed to Krystal how much she doesn't like her princess crying.

Victoria approached the couple along with the doctor.

"I am happy to say that she is now in better condition and faster recovery but I have a bit of a bad news," the doctor said.

"Tell us please. What's wrong with our Amber??" Victoria was nervous on what they would find out.

"The patient experienced successive blows to her emotions causing post traumatic disorder and the result is her not speaking. Based on our psychiatric consultant's report, it seems she is blaming herself too much for events that have happened that greatly impacted her life. She tried to speak though but only faint hisses and sounds were heard."

The doctor scanned through his chart once more to see if he missed any important information out.

"So far, there are no other problems. Besides some fractures and bruises which physical therapy and simple rest cannot take care of. As for treatment on her lost voice, there is counseling yet it can only do little about it. Most we can do now is wait for her to overcome the trauma or have patience until the day she can speak again. If there is nothing else, I need to continue my rounds on other patience. Good day."

The two who cared for the patient the most went near her bed after hearing what the doctor said.

Both Victoria and Krystal forced a smile to show Amber who was worried seeing them cry.