Getting To Know You

Hello, My Hater!

 

NO ONE's POV:
 
You woke up early next morning realizing that Myungsoo will come to your house. 
It's Saturday so you decided to jog and after that, you bought your groceries.
 
You can't help but feel a little nervous since there will only be the two of you staying in your house.
You're a girl.. He's a guy. It's normal for you to feel that. 
 
When you got home after you jogged, you headed to the kitchen and placed your groceries in the cabin. After that, you got up to your room and took a bath. Soon after you got out of your bathroom, the doorbell rang. 
 
You went down while still holding the towel to dry your hair and saw Myungsoo as you opened the door.
 
"Fresh from the bath?" Myungsoo said and smiled at you. You can't help but blush while looking at him.
 
"Y-You're earlier than I thought.." You said.
 
"Uhh, yeah. Since it's Saturday and I've got nothing to do at home, I decided to come here early. Besides, I wanna finish that damn project too.." He answered.
 
You let him inside and made him stay in your living room.
 
"I'll just go upstairs and get my stuffs. Wait here.."
 
You went up to your room and got your bag. You were about to go down when you suddenly felt that your heart was beating fast. REALLY FAST! Fast enough to make you feel like it was about to come out of your chest. As if it grew arms in it and broke your rib cage and jumped out..
 
You gasped. "Omo! Why am I feeling this?? Kim _______! Calm down. Relax. You will just be working on your project. It's not like he's going to do something to you... 
 
AISSHH!! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO FEEL SO NERVOUS?"
 
You took a deep breath and went down to your living room.
 
You saw L roaming his eyes all over the place..
 
"What took you so long?" He asked..
 
"Uhh.. n-nothing..." You answered.
 
He took his eyes off of you and and you sat down across him. "Shall we start?"
 
L didn't answer you and just roamed his eyes again all over the room.
 
"I wonder why you're living in such a big house on your own.. I mean, you could've just rented an apartment.." He said and looked at you.
 
"I told the same thing to my mom.. She just wouldn't listen." You answered.
 
"Hmm.. Seems like we're both living the same lives.. The difference is that I grew up with maids and butler Han by my side.." L stated.
 
"Lucky you. When I turned 15, I already had to live on my own.. like, indepedently." 
You said and frowned.
 
L laughed and said "I'd prefer to have that kind of life! I mean, you'll hate it when there's people around you treating you like a child you know..."
 
"Really? Haha... Well atleast you have someone with you.. You don't know how hard it is to live alone. It's kinda sad.. 
 
You can have all the material things you want to have, but they wouldn't really make you happy. It's still different when you have someone by your side.. This house is only lively when my mom's home, but since she's not here...." You sighed.
 
L sat down beside you, patted your back and said "The feeling is mutual..." And then he smiled.
 
"My dad was the only one I have, but I didn't grow up with him by my side.. My mom died when she gave birth to me. I grew up with random people around me because my dad had to go overseas for work.." 
 
He continued. You looked at him and saw the loneliness in his eyes while he was telling you his stories. 
 
You rested your head on your sofa and took a deep breath.. The both of you became quiet, like you were reflecting about your lives. 
 
AND YES. You forgot about your project because of your chit-chatting.
 
L rested his head too and closed his eyes.. You were staring at him and examining his face deeply. You felt your heart beat fast again and felt kinda awkward.
 
"What are you looking at?" He said while smiling but still closing his eyes.
 
"Uhh. N-Nothing.. Hey, wanna grab some lunch? I'm hungry.." You said while holding your tummy as you changed the topic.. 
 
He opened his eyes and caught you staring at him but you took it away as fast as you could and looked in a different direction..
 
"Yeah sure.." He said. 
 
You called for a pizza delivery and dug into it.. After finishing your food, you spent your time chatting and telling each other's stories 'til afternoon like a getting-to-know-you-game.
 
"Hey.. I have one last question.." You said.
 
"What?"
 
You took a deep breath and asked.
 
"Why haven't you ever been with a girl? Don't get me wrong.. It's just that, the last time I asked you--"
 
"I'm not in favor with the idea of love." He interrupted.
 
" I've felt that once but... I don't want.... to fall inlove again... Atleast not anymore." He continued.
 
You were silenced by what he said and waited for him to continue his words.
 
L told you his story and his experience.. He even shared you the story about Hyuna and the reason behind rejecting Hannah.
 
You felt an unlikely feeling in your heart while hearing this. 
 
Like your heart was burning... Feeling sorry for him.
 
You didn't like this feeling. It was too heavy for you..
Like it was some kind of a burden for you that's making you hard to breathe.. 
 
BUT YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHY.
 
"I-I'm really sorry to hear that.." You looked at him and said after hearing his stories..
 
"Naaah. It's okay. Lesson learned. It's all in the past." He looked at you and gave you a smile. 
A smile that somehow says that he's okay and you don't have to worry. 
You had nothing to do but to smile back.
 
"What about you?" He said... 
 
"..... Have you ever been in love?"  He continued..
 
"Not really.." You answered smiling.
 
"Never?"
 
"Never.."
 
"Why not?"
 
"It just never really got into my mind.."
 
"But someone has already confessed to you right?"
 
"Yeah.. Back at my old school.."
 
"What happened?"
 
"Obviously, I rejected him.."
 
"Whyyy?"
 
"I don't like him the way he likes me.. And to tell you the truth, I'm the hopeless romantic type. This may sound really weird, but I want my first to be the last..."
 
He scoffed. "Really?"
 
"REALLY. I mean, I know this isn't so much like me, but  I have always wanted my life to be like a fairytale.." You laughed....
 
"... believing that someday.... My prince will come." and continued. 
 
What you said made L laugh a little as well.
 
"YAH! I just dreamed about that before.. I was young then.. But the reality of life isn't as good as our dreams.. I guess that's why being in a relationship never entered my mind."
 
"You got that right." He said.
 
"What about you?" You asked..
 
"What if you fall for another girl again?" You continued.. 
 
You were looking deeply in his eyes eventhough he's not looking to yours. You were so clueless with what you feel, but somehow, you were wishing that he would answer postively with this one..
 
L's face was blank.. Like he doesn't know what to answer you.. It look him a little while to answer. He took a deep breath, looked at you and said..
 
"I don't know.."
 
Time ran fast. Soon it was dark outside and you had to say goodbye to him. You cleaned everything up and lead him to your doorstep..
 
"Thankyou L.." You said. "Thankyou for trusting me with your stories.. I don't know what got into me, but I really had fun while sharing mine too."
 
"Thank you too.. I mean, I had a great time chatting with you too." He answered.
 
"Yeah, and we didn't even work on our next task.." You said and you both laughed.
 
"So I guess were friends now?" He asked. 
 
"Yeah.. I guess so." You said and smiled.
 
"I have to go now.. It's getting late. Lock your door. Goodnight!" 
 
He was about to turn around when he gave you a quick hug and whispered to your ears..
 
"Thankyou _______."
 
then ran without looking back. You froze in your doorstep and felt your heart beating fast like  drum beats. You cupped your hands on your cheeks while blushing crimson red.. 
 
It felt like the time stopped. 
 
"Omo! W- What is this?? W-Why am I feelin' this??"
 
When you got to your bed, you didn't have a good sleep. The whole night, you were awake and was puzzled with what you feel..
________________
 
 
How's it going so far? :) I really hope you're all enjoying! Thanks everyone! *teary-eyed* LOL.