Chapter 2

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The students were still talking among themselves when Ms. Im was about to speak. She tapped the mic twice, sending another feedback throughout the whole stadium. The students' chattering soon died down as they heard the feedback's ringing. Soon after, the ringing died down.


"Right, that's much better. May I have your attention please?" Ms. Im said. The students started to bring their focus back again on her.


"Okay. I know you have a lot of questions regarding the contest and I would gladly answer them all. Just raise your hand and wait for me to call you before asking your question." Ms. Im edged closer to the front of the stage. "Questions?"


Almost all of the students in the gymnasium raised their hands. Ms. Im didn't even look surprised at this. She just narrowed her eyes, picking the first student to ask her a question.


"Why don't we start with you." She pointed at one of the students three rows behind Minjoo. The girl stood up to ask her question.


"Uhm, Ma'am. Why did you only call for the seniors here? Aren't the juniors allowed to join the contest?" The girl asked.


"You're right about that. Juniors aren't allowed to join the contest yet, only seniors. You guys are really lucky because the juniors won't get to experience something like this again." Ms. Im answered with enthusiasm.


The girl sat right back down to her seat as Ms. Im called another student. It was a boy in Sakura's class.


"How would we know who we are going to be paired up with? Will it be someone we know or not?" Was the boy's question.


"Good question." Ms. Im said. "As for the partners, a test will be held for those who are willing to join. There'll be different questions to be asked and you have to answer them honestly. After the test, the examiners will find you a partner you're best compatible with. Judging by that, the partners will be random."


There were sudden noises of chatter when Ms. Im had answered the question. It seems like not a lot of people wants to be paired with someone they're not close with.


"Oh, but get this, there comes a time where the test will take in your choice into account. In some cases, if you want someone to be your partner, they will be your partner." Ms. Im added.


With that, the student seemed a lot more happy. Minjoo who didn't want to join the contest seems intrigued by this sudden information that she had received.


Ms. Im started calling students once again. This time, she called Wonyoung.


"My question is where would we be doing this contest? You said when the partners are chosen, we have to live together till the contest ends. Where is that exactly and how many of us can participate?" Wonyoung asked. Yuri looked at her, giving her a thumbs up.


"For that matter, I don't have an answer for it yet." Ms. Im winked at the students. "It comes with the thrill and fun of joining. But since it's our school 60th anniversary, I heard the place where you'll be staying is somewhere the contest hasn't been held before. You just have to join to find out. Oh, and all of you can participate but only few will be chosen—only those that will have partners through the test." Ms. Im finished.


Wonyoung s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter