Chapter 6

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Since her friends were still nowhere in sight, Minjoo decided to wait for a few more minutes. It was a rare sight to see Minjoo being the earliest among them as Hitomi was usually the one to arrive first. But today, it was Minjoo.


Standing alone while waiting for her friends, she heard others whispering excitedly—saying how they got in. With that information, Minjoo was now perfectly sure that the results came out today.


One by one, her friends started to arrive. First came Hitomi, next was Wonyoung, then came Chaewon, Sakura, and the last one in was Yuri. 


"Woah. What are all these students doing here?" Yuri asked the moment she went to the place where her friends were. She eyed the students curiously who were still looking at the paper on the bulletin board.


Hearing Yuri's question, Minjoo came telling her about it. She told her about how it could be the results for the contest, how students were all over the place since early in the morning, and even the excited whispers that she overheard earlier. It was her fifth time explaining it today after mentioning it to the others who came in before Yuri.


"Oh, so that's why." Yuri answered. "What are you all doing just standing here? Why don't we go and take a look?" She asked the five who were still observing the crowd from afar.


"We were waiting for you, unnie." Wonyoung said. "And Minjoo unnie said that it'll be better if we wait for the crowd to lessen first. It'll be harder for us to see the paper when there are still a lot of students around."


"Sounds good to me." Yuri says. "You think three minutes will be enough?"


"Well, I think they've been there long enough. Three minutes would be good, then we'll go ahead and check it." Minjoo answered. She looked at her phone to check the time, waiting approximately three minutes before walking towards the bulletin board.


Three minutes have passed when the group went to check the results. When they did, they saw different reactions from the students who just came checking their names in. Many students looked somber and dejected as they walk away from the paper. While some, only a few, were smiling and looking lively after seeing the results.


The moment the group came face-to-face with the paper, they immediately looked for their names. There were only 30 names listed on the paper. The first one to find her name on it was Yuri. "Jo Yuri! My name's on the list!" She tells them.


Yuri finding her name made Minjoo more hopeful. She quickly went to find her name under the 'Kim' surname. After scanning three different Kims who got in, one of them including Chaewon, Minjoo finally found her name.


"Ahh. I found my name too!" Yuri came by her side as they both jumped together in joy. Seconds have passed as the others were able to find their names in as well—everyone except Sakura.


Sakura was scanning through the paper with her eyebrows scrunched up. "Yah. Why can't I find my name here?" The others went towards the paper again, taking a look at it once more.


"Unnie, there's your name." Hitomi pointed out. "You got in the contest too."


Sakura looked at where Hitomi was pointing. "Oh yeah, you're right. There I am. Under the surnames with the letter 'M'. I was finding myself under the Kim surname." Sakura blushed, scratching the back of her head.


The others chuckled hearing Sakura's words. "You really were serious about us being 3Kim, huh?" Chaewon asked teasingly. With her remark, even Sakura joined in on chuckling.


Their chuckling soon died down and were about to leave the place when they saw another group walking towards to their direction, about to check the results too. The students immediately gave way for the group to have easier access for the bulletin board. It made Minjoo and her friends move away too.


Minjoo was confused at first on why the students acted this way. As soon as she looked at the group who came walking towards the paper, she felt anger bubbling up inside her.


Of course, it had to be Yujin and her friends. This was the only way to make the students move as if they were given orders. Only Yujin's group has that effect on them since the students really admire and look up to them.


Yena was the first one to look at the paper, the group's "happy vitamin" as the students would like to call her. It seems like she found her name on the list as she covered and squealed happily when she faced her friends. Soon enough after scanning the paper, the others had the same reaction as Yena when they found their names listed.


Seeing their reaction, Minjoo became curious. Did all of them really got in? How come she didn't notice it earlier when she was looking for her name?


With that, Minjoo left her friends' side and ducked from the crowd to look at the paper again. A few bumps here and there, Minjoo was once again facing the paper that had the results.


Quickly, she scanned for the name who she wished she wouldn't see on the list. The moment her eyes landed on the 'A'  surnames, she found the name she was dreading to see. 'Ahn Yujin' was written on the very top of the list, the first name above everybody else.


Minjoo felt herself staring at the paper disbelievingly. She couldn't believe that Yujin really did got in. A few more seconds in the same position, Minjoo felt someone towering above her. It seemed like the person was looking at the paper as well.


When Minjoo looked up to see who the person was, she froze. It was Yujin. She was about five inches away from her, busy scanning the paper. It seemed as though not all of Yujin's group were able to look for their names. Yujin didn't get to look for hers.


At this point, Minjoo wanted to run while she still had the chance. Yujin didn't notice her and she wanted to escape before she did. She tried moving but her legs failed her. It was like she was rooted on the spot. She couldn't do anything but to remain and stare at Yujin.


Yujin smiled after succesfully seeing her name on the list. Minjoo didn't know why she's still standing there just... staring at Yujin.


As if on cue, Yujin turned her head sideways to look at Minjoo—smiling when she did. Minjoo's eyes widened. She badly did want to go now that Yujin had noticed her. But sadly, she still couldn't. There was something about Yujin's smile, not to mention seeing it this close.


Minjoo didn't know what it was. Maybe it was anger that stopped her legs from working? Maybe, but even Minjoo wasn't sure of that.


They stayed like that for ten seconds when Minjoo felt someone dragging her away. She turned just in time to see who it was. It was Yuri, dragging her back to their friends.


When they were already away from Yujin's group and the students who were stunned by what they had just saw,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter