Chapter 14

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just after they finished their barbecue party, all 12 contestants went back to their houses to finish up for the day. During the walk to their houses, Minjoo had Sakura and Yuri accompany her that made the walk entertaining than her going alone on her own.


They talked about how their day went, the challenges that already occured since this morning, their scores, and even their partners. Sakura and Yuri would occasionally compliment their partners, how they clicked instantly and all despite not being friends.


Minjoo, on the other hand, remained silent. She didn't know whether she should say something nice about Yujin or plainly keep shut. She was aware that her friends knew about her certain dislike towards the younger.


"How about you, Minjoo? Anything you like to say about Yujin?" Yuri said, breaking Minjoo out of her thoughts.


"Oh... well..." Minjoo's plan on not engaging in their conversation about their partners didn't work. She had to think of a way to divert their attention away from her without complimenting Yujin too much. Or else, they'll start to think that she's getting warmer to her now.


"She did let me choose which side of the bed I wanted so, I guess that's something...?"


There was a hint of uncertainty in her voice. She didn't know if she said the right thing or if they'll push her for more.


"Yeah, okay. At least what you said was more of a good thing than what you usually say about her. You're improving!" Yuri sarcastically said, hitting Minjoo playfully on the shoulder.


They all laughed at Yuri's statement as Minjoo chuckled. At least she was safe for now.


--


They all went their separate ways as they neared to the direction of their houses. Minjoo trudged her way up the stairs of their house and wondered if Yujin was already inside. Judging from the lights that were on and the door being unlocked, Minjoo concluded that Yujin was already there.


She went inside the house carefully, not knowing if she should announce her arrival or anything. After giving it some thought, she decided not to say anything. She locked the front door and turned off some of the lights in the living room as it was pretty late already. Yujin is most probably halfway done washing up and is most likely heading to bed.


She went up the stairs, heading straight to the door that leads to their room. Thinking that Yujin was already in the bathroom, Minjoo went inside—only to be surprised to see Yujin sitting on her bed, still wearing her clothes from earlier.


"W-Wait. I t-thought you were already cleaning up?" Minjoo asks, startled at how Yujin was just sitting there and not showing any signs that she'll start cleaning up anytime soon.


Yujin smiled, standing up so she can match Minjoo's height (or more like, tower over her due to their height difference) as she says, "I was waiting for you. I thought maybe you could go first before me."


Minjoo's eyebrows furrowed. Didn't she want to clean up before her? Wouldn't it be more convenient than letting her go first? Also, why would Yujin wait for her?


Minjoo's lips opened slightly, ready to question her when Yujin spoke up again.


"My body's still a little sore from the challenges earlier." Yujin stretched her arms to give emphasis to her point. "You probably should go ahead."


"Okay. If you say so." Minjoo grabbed her stuff from the the dresser as she looked back at Yujin uncertainly.


Yujin seemed to be satisfied with Minjoo using the bathroom first as she went back on sitting on her bed, legs crossed with her eyes trained on her phone's screen—a small smile on her face.


Minjoo went out from their shared room and headed inside the next room where the bathroom was. As Minjoo stood there still holding her stuff, she began to think that Yujin didn't even play archery earlier. Why would her body be sore? Minjoo didn't even felt hers being that sore compared to what Yujin was feeling.


Sighing to herself, she tried not to spent too much thought on it. If Yujin was willing to let her clean up first—her body being really sore or not—then that was fine by her. She didn't need to think too hard to be thankful.


--


Nighttime soon went and their first morning together came. At around 7:30 in the morning, the two girls were still asleep, still enjoying the place and their newfound beds. When the clock hit 8, Minjoo's phone rang loudly, causing the two teens to wake up.


Minjoo groaned, trying to find her phone while still being half-asleep. She had a hard time finding where it was as she forgot where she put it last night. After minutes of looking for it, she finally found it and turned off the alarm. By then, Minjoo's sleepiness was already gone.


She stared at the time on her phone and looked to her side to see Yujin who had her face covered by a pillow. Minjoo felt guilty for waking her up.


"S-Sorry about that. I didn't know it was gonna ring that loud. I guess I haven't fixed the volume last night when I set it." Minjoo says, scratching her head awkwardly as she waited for Yujin's response.


Yujin removed the pillow from her face, staring at the ceiling blankly as she grabbed her phone to check the time without saying anything to her. Minjoo for sure thought that she was mad at her.


Yujin then looked to her side, dropped her hand that was holding her phone as she says, "It's okay. It's pretty late anyways so I guess thanks for waking me up." She then pursed her lips after, getting up to head to the bathroom first.


As soon as Yujin was out of the room, Minjoo let out a relieved sigh. She was really worried she got on Yujin's bad side again. Good thing this day turned to out to be a good morning after all.


The two of them headed downstairs as soon as they were done using the bathroom. Minjoo was the first one to head down. Remembering that they still had no food for the day, peeked through the door to see if anyone was going to give them breakfast. 


She found no one when she did so she decided to open the door fully and wait for the school's staff to hand over their food. She stood there for about 5 minutes and still saw no one other than the sandy beach staring right back her.


"Oh? I wonder what time they'll be arriving." Minjoo put a her index finger and thumb under her chin, holding it. She then looked at her phone when she noticed the tote bag placed near the door.


"Ahh. It was here all this time." Minjoo says, pouting as she grabbed the tote bag and put it inside, closing the door as she did.


"Did you find it?" Yujin asked, now sitting on one of the chairs in the dining room.


Minjoo nodded, a frown on her face. "It was right by the door all along. I wasted minutes standing there when I could've looked to the side and see it." She placed it on top of the table.


"But the real question is, why would they put it outside without us knowing?" She sighed dramatically, dropping on the chair in front of Yujin.


Yujin chuckled, opening the tote bag to see its contents. "Sweet." She says and pulled out two egg drop sandwiches, some criss cut fries along with two bottles of orange juice.

"Hmm. These aren't cold anymore." Yujin says, referring to the two orange juice. She then went to get some glasses with ice to put the orange juice in.


"But seriously though," Yujin hears Minjoo say from the table. "We can't keep going on like this. They can't just give us food 24/7 without us knowing what it is or when we'll get it. What even is in this sandwich?"


She grabbed one of the sandwiches to see its contents. "Double ham with egg and cheese. Hmm, I guess I can work with that." She took a bite and started eating.


Yujin gave her a glass and poured orange juice it. She then hummed. "I still don't see how they'll be able to do this until this contest ends."


Yujin also took a bite of her sandwich and was about to pack the tote bag from where the food came from until... she saw something inside.


"What's this?" She pulled out an envelope that was about twice the size of her hand. She held it out for Minjoo to see, only for the older to shrug cluelessly.


Yujin opened the envelope and saw that there was a letter inside. She took it and scanned through it.


"Huh. Well I guess there's our answer." Yujin slid the paper over to Minjoo's side. Minjoo grabbed the paper and read through it the same way Yujin did.


The letter on the paper read:


Good Day, Students!

We know that some of you might not like how we handle things when it comes to giving you comestibles. We may not know if the food we are giving you are safe for your health and/or if they are in your preference.

With a meeting held together with the higher ups from your school, we have decided to let you buy and cook your own food.

Inside this envelope, you will find a smaller envelope that contains a credit card. It has a limit for up to ₩600,000. That should be enough for you to buy food supplies for the next two months.

We will let you guys purchase your own groceries starting from 1pm up to 5pm today. Lunch will be the last food that we are going to serve for the next two months.

Remember to spend your money wisely.


Minjoo looked up as soon as she was done reading the letter. Her eyes wide and open as she looked at Yujin who now held the card with one hand, a smile on her face.


"Might as well start planning for our menu for the next two months, don't you think?"


--


The whole morning consisted of them carefully planning on how they were going to budget the money. There were also a few suggestions here and there about what food they would both like to cut off some expenses.


At around noon, lunch time came and they both ate the lunchboxes that were given to them by the school, noting it was the last one that they'll receive from them, just like what it said on the letter.


By the time they've finished lunch and planned everything out, it was already 1pm. They were right on time to head out and buy their groceries.


Minjoo was the first one to leave the house, followed by Yujin who locked the door behind her. They went down the stairs and onto the front of the beach where they held the first two challenges, expecting a ride to pick them up.


Minjoo had a hand up to her face, blocking the sun to get a better look at the place. They stood there for about 15 minutes before concluding that no one will pick them up.


"I don't think anyone's here. Did you check the letter to see if they said something about how we're going to get there?" Minjoo asked Yujin.


Yujin was busy looking through her phone to hear Minjoo's question. Minjoo rolled her eyes and tried her best not to hit Yujin's shoulder for not paying attention.


"Hey, I asked you if—" Minjoo wasn't able to finish when Yujin looked up from her phone and began talking.


"It's this way, come on." Yujin walked ahead and left Minjoo behind, staring at the girl's back with her eyebrows furrowed.


"Jeez. What's up with her?" She muttered silently, following Yujin without having a thought on where they were going.


They ended up reaching the beach's parking lot after walking for a few minutes. Minjoo eyed the cars that were parked. None of them look like the van that they took yesterday.


She followed Yujin deeper into the parking lot when she saw where they were heading. Yujin's car was parked beside a big tree that casted its shadow over it. Next to it stood one of the school's personnel. Minjoo recognized him as one of the guys who drove the van yesterday.


Yujin nodded at the guy as he gave her the key to the car. He then bowed at her before going on his way.


Yujin then pressed the key to unlock the car, heading over to the driver's side. "You getting in?" She asks Minjoo before heading inside the car.


Minjoo was lef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter