Chapter 19

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I think we're in the right place." Yuri says, looking up at the sign that indicated where they were.


The moment they got inside the school and into the classroom where they were assigned, the teacher told them to leave and find their stopwatch after a minute in. It surprised Yena and Yuri at first about how little time they had to prepare. The teacher told them that it was to avoid bumping in to other contestants along the way as they finish their task.


In the short amount of time that they were in the classroom, Ms. Kim has managed to explain to them everything they needed to know about the challenge. It was as if Ms. Kim was a rapper of a group or something at how fast she explained it to them. Yena was amazed by her.


For as long as she can remember, Ms. Kim is their PE teacher who is famous for her flexibility and her glowing white skin. Some of the teachers and students even call her 'Dubu' as she resembles a tofu herself.


"I didn't get the part about us bumping into the others because Ms. Kim talked too fast." Yuri sighed, facing Yena who was watching the corridors.


Yena then faced Yuri after finishing her inspection. "I kinda thought that was pretty cool of Ms. Kim. She was like, 'You-need-to-find-your-stopwatches-as-soon-as-you-can-so-you'll-get-a-high-score-for-this-challenge'. She said it without even stuttering like an awesome pro rapper." Yena put a hand on and started beatboxing, completely unaware of the annoyed Yuri in front of her.


"Would you stop that already?!" Yuri whispered-shout. "We haven't find our stopwatch yet and our time's running!" Yuri looked around the corridor and faced Yena again. "Also, this place is giving me the creeps. We should finish this as soon as we can and go back to the classroom."


Yena sighed as she shook her head. "Alright, if you say so. But it still doesn't change the fact that Ms. Kim was cool earlier. I wanna ask her some tips about her rapping skills."


Yuri rolled her eyes, facing the door in front of them. "You can go ask her when we finish. For now, we have to find that stopwatch first."


Yuri opened the door and was the first one to enter the laboratory—the place where they were assigned to. She flinched the moment she opened the door.


A skeleton was placed next to the door and was wearing a lab coat. It was illuminated by a red glowstick placed on its ribcage that made it possible for Yuri to notice it immediately.


"What is it?" Yena whispered behind her. She took a peek over Yuri's shoulder and saw the figure.


Upon seeing it, Yena entered the room first, removing the lab coat from the skeleton, and wearing it like it was hers.


"There." Yena dusted her hands after finishing. She showed Yuri the lab coat that she now wore.


Yuri, on the other hand, wore a noticeable frown on her face as she stared at Yena.


"What?" The older asked. "You'll never know if we need protection in a science lab." She shrugged before leading the way inside.


The library was a very dark place. The two girls had a difficult time scouring the area as there were only minimal lights that guided them during their search. Lamps were placed on top of the tables that shone the room as best as their tiny lights could. Their lights were composed of different colors like red and orange.


Yena held Yuri's hand when they began the search. Yena was scared to the bones but she didn't show it to Yuri. She didn't want to burden the younger with her fears as she thinks it will only cause them inconvenience that will prolong their time in finding the stopwatch.


"Unnie." Yuri whisphered.


"What?" Yena was busy searching the room that she didn't even bother looking back at Yuri.


"Unnie..." Yuri called out again.


"I'm kinda busy right now, Yul. Can it wait later?" Yena asked, glancing back at Yuri.


"B-But unnie, you're shaking..." Yuri pointed out.


Yena didn't notice it at first, only when Yuri told her that she noticed that she was indeed shaking in fear.


"AHH!" Yena instantly let go off Yuri's hand. "I swear I'm not scared about this place! I-It's because of that stupid doll that made me like this." She pointed at one of the spooky looking dolls placed on the table.


Yuri sighed, she knew Yena was lying. It was the first time tonight that they saw that doll, so it couldn't have been the reason why Yena was shaking.


Yuri quietly approached Yena, hugging her from behind as Yena continued trembling.


"It's okay. You don't have to pretend that you're not scared, I am too." She whispered, making Yena's shaking subside. "Let's just find the stopwatch and finish this so we can go home, okay?"


Yena nodded, still in Yuri's hold. "Okay." She then turned around to face Yuri, smiling as she did. "Let's go."


Just like earlier, she held Yuri's hand the moment they began searching again. The only difference was that Yena felt a lot braver facing the challenge than she did earlier. She didn't know what changed. For all she knew, Yuri's encouragement made her feel better.


"Look, there's something here." Yuri tugged on Yena's hand to show a doll that was wearing a wig.


Yena carefully removed the wig from the doll and saw the stopwatch that they were looking for, placed on top of its head.


"We found it!" Yena says, grabbing the stopwatch as both her and Yuri smiled in victory.


"Okay, now how do we stop--" Yena was cut off when they heard a noise outside.


"W-What's that noise?" Yuri asked, fear evident in her voice.


"I don't know. Let's check it out." Yena led the way outside the laboratory, looking sideways to see where the noise came from.


Seconds passed and still, nothing came to view. No indication from where the mysterious noise came from.


"Alright, alright. I think no one's here."


The moment Yena said that, a large monstrous man came out from the room next to the laboratory. He wore a masked that seemed to be made from different faces and held a huge chainsaw in his hands.


After inspecting the item in his hands, the two teenagers concluded that the chainsaw was the one that made the mysterious noise earlier.


"I-I'm guessing we should run." Yuri tells Yena, her eyes still glued to the man now standing a few feet away from them.


"That's a good idea actually." Yena answers.


The two then started dashing the other way opposite from the man as the man brought his chainsaw to life, raising it above his head threateningly, and running after the two girls.


"ing, Leatherface! Why did he have to attend the same school as us?!" Yena yelled as the chase between them and the man,—now known as Leatherface—started.


--


Chaeyeon and Sakura has now found the room that they were assigned to and were now heading inside it. They were assigned on the auditorium located on the fourth floor.


Sakura entered the room first, noticing the mannequin that was seated in one of the auditorium's chairs.


"Oh, heads up. We have someone with us here." She tells Chaeyeon who came entering soon after.


"Maybe she has the stopwatch?" Chaeyeon asked. They both turned towards the mannequin who was sitting quietly in the first few rows.


"Let's find out." Sakura walked towards the row where the mannequin was at. Seeing it up close didn't scare her that much.


The mannequin looked like the ones you see standing inside the stores when you go shopping. The only difference was that this mannequin was dressed just like Esther in the film Orphan.


Sakura tapped the mannequin's head, waiting for something to happen but nothing did. She then checked where the mannequin was sitting, its hands, and the seats next to it to see if the stopwatch was there.


"I've got nothing here." Sakura tells Chaeyeon who was walking towards the stage.


The auditorium had an elevated stage placed farthest in the room. A piano was occupying half of it over by the left side. Chaeyeon stood next to it and tapped on its keys.


"Oh, it works." She quietly tells herself.


She then checked underneath the piano to see if it had a chair. Lucky for her, it did.


She slid the chair out of its hiding, sitting on it a little later.


"Okay." She cracked her fingers and began playing a soft, melodious song.


This caught Sakura's attention a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter