Chapter 5

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just as Minjoo predicted, the whole school went nuts after knowing that Yujin joined the contest. Not only that, but all of Yujin's friends joining was also considered a bonus. And with that reason, the so called 'admirers' of the group were even more determined to enter themselves in the contest.


It was already the second day of submissions. But, due to the fact that Yujin and her friends joining, many people passed their names in. The box that was supposed to hold the entries for the contest were already half-full that day, and it was only 8 in the morning.


Juniors who weren't allowed to join the contest wanted even more badly to join but sadly, they still couldn't.


With the news spreading like wildfire, other students spend their time putting in multiple entries with hopes of getting higher chances of being picked.


Because of that, the teachers decided it was time that they keep an eye regarding the submission of names. It would be harder for them to pick the contestants if they will keep on pulling out a single student's name over and over again. It will also be difficult to find those students who only passed their names once.


With that being said, two teachers came monitoring the students at around 10 in the morning. The box that was placed on top of a table was in the middle, the two teachers sitting on a chair next to it.


The teachers that was assigned to look after the students putting their entries in were Ms. Im, the one who introduced the contest to the students, and Ms. Hirai, one of Ms. Im's trusted colleague.


Two teachers were needed since it was hard to keep track of all the students putting their names in and those who were around the place.


"Yah! I told you to keep watch over by your side and I'll do mine. Why do you keep on calling students to buy you snacks?" Ms. Im was facing Ms. Hirai who recently tried calling a student who was nearest to her.


"I'm hungry! I wasn't able to eat breakfast earlier. How will you expect my tummy to react?" Ms. Hirai complained. On that exact moment, her tummy grumbled.


Ms. Im noticed some of the students watching their conversation. She took a deep breath in, doing her best not to react in front of the students. "We'll eat later at noon. Just control your tummy for a little longer, okay?" Ms. Im tells Ms. Hirai who was busy trying to avoid the students' stares.


Ms. Hirai turned away from Ms. Im, rolling her eyes a little. "Fine." She says, crossing her arms.


Ten feet away from the scene stood Minjoo and Yuri. Minjoo had a scowl on her face that seems to get deeper the more students places their names in the box.


"Wow, look at all the students. There seems to be a lot more students here than yesterday when we went to submit your paper. It's good enough that we sent our entries yesterday. I don't want students looking at me like I'm some sort of their rival, not to mention there are two teachers guarding the box." Yuri says, glancing at Minjoo. Her eyebrows furrowed as soon as she saw Minjoo's expression. "Oh, come on. What now? What's with that face?"


Upon hearing Yuri's words, Minjoo's face seemed to become a lot more worse than before. "I just can't believe students are really falling for this. Just because she is joining, doesn't mean they have to join in as well. I mean, look at all that papers." Minjoo motioned at the papers that kept on being placed inside the box.


"I don't think so. Maybe they just want to find out what this contest is about just like us." Yuri suggested.


"No, no." Minjoo says. "If that's the case, they would've dropped their names in yesterday. Not today when someone already passed their name in yesterday."


"Minjoo, I don't think that's their reason. Maybe some of them but not all. It takes time to decide on joining a contest like this. Didn't you have a hard time deciding at first whether to join in or not?" Yuri tells her.


"I guess, but that's different. It's because of Yujin and her friends. That's what's happening. That is why students flooded the box with their entries in, also the reason why they want to join all of the sudden." Minjoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter