Chapter 18

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day after day, the two girls continued doing what they had planned for the third challenge. Yujin kept picking different movies for them to watch every night. To no avail, Minjoo still got scared every time.


If there was any consolation from them doing all those things it's that Minjoo doesn't scream anymore upon witnessing a jump scare in the movie. The very first time that they executed their plan, Minjoo let out a loud shrieked the moment a scary scene was shown. Yujin was glad Minjoo didn't scream anymore... just closing her eyes every time she feels a spooky thing will come out.


"Okay, this is already the seventh movie that we've watched together." Yujin says. They already finished the movie that they put on that night. "And judging from how things going, I may be the only one who can pass through the third challenge."


Minjoo, who was still hugging her knees on the couch, sighed. "Well, what else can I do? These movies really gives me the creeps!" She complained. "Like we said the last time, we're not even sure if the next challenge is really similar to this."


Yujin sighed too. "You're right. If we got it all wrong and ended up having a different challenge than what we thought it'll be, well... I'm glad to spend the nights watching movies with you."


After saying that, Yujin gave Minjoo a salute before heading upstairs. Minjoo shook her head the moment Yujin was gone.


"We're never going to get our ranks up." She says, not even paying attention to Yujin's words.


--


Minjoo was sitting on her bed the next day when she received a message from their school. It seemed as though Yujin received the same thing as she came scurrying upstairs, holding out her phone as she came inside the room looking for Minjoo.


"You got the message?" Minjoo asked, the moment the younger came into the room.


"Mhm." Yujin hummed. "I guess they got tired of sending letters to us." She joked.


Yujin walked towards Minjoo as the two of them opened the message that they received.


"Ooo-kay. This justify our theory that they could be doing a horror theme challenge." Yujin tells Minjoo after reading the message.


The message that they received told them to prepare for the third challenge which was happening at 7pm tonight. It also mentioned how a van will be picking them up—same as the last challenge—to bring them over to the place.


"One of our assumptions were right." Minjoo says, smiling. "Yeonchu High School next, I suppose?"


Yujin looked at her, a smirk growing on her face. "Now who says anything about us getting the clues wrong?"


--



At around 6 in the evening, the students gathered to where they were told. Not all of them were at the place already so they had to wait for the others. They got completed 20 minutes in and left the area as the clock hit 6:30.


"Why  do you think the challenges always happen at night?" Sakura asked Minjoo who was sitting beside her. "Except from the first one though."


"I'm not sure." Minjoo answered honestly. "Maybe it just fits the challenge? Like the last time, the view from the top of the water slide was better at night than it was during the morning."


Sakura thought about it for a moment. "Oh, maybe you're right. But what are they planning tonight? Another scenic view like the last time?"


Minjoo was about to ask if Sakura didn't know what the challenge could be tonight. Then again, it was only her and Yujin's guess. Up until this time, no one told them that it was right. Also, Sakura and her partner may not have been able to see or decipher the clue like they did.


Minjoo could only shrug at Sakura's question. "Guess we'll find out then."


The trip to the venue was rather short as it only took them 20 minutes to get there (15 minutes if it wasn't for the traffic). The moment that Minjoo got out the van and her eyes landed on where they were, her heart skipped a beat.


Like they predicted, the third challenge ended up taking place at Yeonchu High school—at night.


The MCs and some of the staff were already standing in front of the school, waiting for the students to arrive.


Tiffany gave them a wave as they lined up in front of them. Moonbin watched as the other students looked around the place in curiousity.


"Welcome everyone to Yeonchu High School!" Tiffany started after they all lined up. "As you may expect, the third challenge will be happening here. But why do you think we went here at night and not when the sun was up?" She asked.


"Oh, I know." Sakura raised her hand, remembering her and Minjoo's conversation earlier. "Is it because the views are better at night?"


Tiffany pursed her lips and furrowed her eyebrows, slowly shaking her head. "Mmm, that may be true but it is not the reason why we did that today. Nice guess."


Sakura pouted and put an arm on Chaeyeon's shoulder.


"Anymore guesses?" Tiffany asked the students once more.


Yujin raised her hand this time that made Minjoo look at her. Yujin's eyes met Minjoo's as a small smirk grew on her face.


"Yes yes, you there." Tiffany called out.


"The reason we are here tonight is because... you guys are here to scare us, and what more can you do that than during the night." Yujin answered confidently.


Tiffany grinned and nodded her head happily. "That is correct! The third challenge will test your bravery and how fast you can conquer your fears. Moonbin, would you mind explaining our challenge for tonight?" Tiffany looked at Moonbin as he started talking.


"For tonight, each pairs will be assigned a classroom. Inside the classroom, there are TVs there that displays which part of the school you have to go to and retrieve... this." Moonbin held out a stopwatch.


"The moment you get your hands on it, you'll have to turn it off because it will determine how long it'll take for you guys to find it. A 'go' signal will also be shown on the TV and you'll have to move as soon as you see it. There are teachers assigned in each classrooms and you will give them the stopwatches after you found them." Moonbin explained.


"Also, don't think about changing your time on the stopwatches. We are monitoring each and every single one of it and we'll know once an anomaly has occured." Tiffany added. "All you have to do is to find these stopwatches as soon as you can, turn it off once you have them, hand them over to your assigned teacher, and the challenge will be over."


Yena raised her hand shakily in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter