Chapter 17

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days have already passed and they were nowhere near in creating a plan on how to get their ranks higher.


The day after the challenge, they were too tired to chat or do anything else so they weren't able to talk just like what Yujin said back in the van. The next day after that, they slept the whole day and every time one of them wakes up, the other was sleeping—resulting in another day wasted without planning.


The following day Yena invited Yujin to hangout with her and the others, since there were no announcement of a new challenge yet and they had the day to themselves. Yujin tried asking Minjoo if she'd like to come but Minjoo declined the offer nicely and told her that she'll keep an eye on the house while she was gone.


And yesterday, they had the time to plan and think of a strategy for the next challenges. Although they thought about it carefully and thought about what challenges could be given to them, there were just too many posibilities. They didn't know if they should practice for a relay, an eating contest, a challenge where they'll have to use their wits, or even something along the line like the game Hole in the Wall.


With no concrete idea on what the next challenge will be, they decided to give up for the day. They hoped that the school could at least give them the tiniest of clue what the next challenge would be so they could prepare.


It was around 9 in the morning when the two have woken up and is currently making breakfast. Yujin was the one tasked to make it this time, after Minjoo made one yesterday. They tried to keep their fair share of chores and duties around the house so there'll be no complaints.


As Yujin stood over by the stove cooking their breakfast, Minjoo sat idly by the chair on the island. She was scrolling through her phone casually, waiting for breakfast to be made.


"Three days have passed and we still got nothing." Minjoo started. "No results from our scores of the previous challenge or even a notice on when the next challenge will be."


Over by the stove, Yujin kept cooking while she listened to Minjoo. "We'll get something from them. It's not even a week yet and I doubt they'll prolong the third challenge. They only have limited days to finish this contest after all."


Minjoo nodded, agreeing with Yujin. The room became quiet once again, nothing but Yujin's cooking can be heard.


"So..." Yujin began, trying to start a conversation again. "Does pancake work for you? We have things we can use as toppings in the fridge if you like."


Minjoo hummed, still using her phone. "Yep, I don't mind. As long as it's cook well, it's fine by me."


Yujin seemed satisfied with Minjoo's answer and after a few minutes, the pancakes were already done. Yujin put her now cooked pancakes over by the table as Minjoo stood up to see how she did.


"Hmm, those pancakes look good." Minjoo said, inspecting some the batch that Yujin made. "I'll go get the toppings."


Minjoo took out almost everything that she can inside their fridge that can be used as a topping for their pancakes. Different kinds of syrups, fresh fruits, nuts, chocolate chips, and other varieties of toppings were laid on top of their dining table. It was as if they were holding a party for some guests.


"Okay. We can both choose the toppings for our pancake and we can put back the leftover toppings that we won't be able to use. How's that sound?" Minjoo asked Yujin who nodded her head with a small smile.


"Sounds good to me." Yujin answers before grabbing a plate and beginning to make her own pancake with her toppings of choice.


A few minutes after the two finished putting in their toppings, they sat side by side by the table, admiring their work.


"There, I think I did pretty good, right?" Minjoo showed Yujin her pancakes. It had a lot of whipped cream on top of it, chocolate chips that came along with it, some fresh berries on the side, and drizzled with a lot of chocolate syrup.


Yujin narrowed her eyes as she took in the appearance of the older's pancake. "Hmm, it doesn't look quite appealing..." She says that made Minjoo frown. "But maybe it tastes good?" Yujin quickly says to not upset Minjoo.


Minjoo nodded, her cheeks puffed out as she wore a proud smile. "My parents and I do these kinds of things and they always say my taste for food is great so I'm pretty sure this pancake tastes good."


Yujin chuckled at the older's words. "Well, okay. If you say so." She then focused on her plate. "How 'bout mine, what do you think about it."


Minjoo looked over to Yujin's side to see a plain yet orderly stacked pancaked. It had at least four layers of pancake with sliced bananas on top and maple syrup glazed on it.


Minjoo pursed her lips before speaking, "It looks plain but organized. Though I doubt your pancake tastes better than mine." She boasted.


"Is that a challenge I hear?" Yujin questioned, an eyebrow raised playfully.


Minjoo let out a small laugh. "No, it's not. 'Cause we already know I already won. Here, try some of mine."


She cut a piece of the pancake for Yujin to take. She made sure to include the toppings that would make it tastier, putting it up to Yujin's lips. Yujin stared at it for a second, her eyebrows raising before opening to allow the older to feed her.


Yujin's face was unreadable for a moment. Minjoo thought her pancake wasn't as good as she thought basing on Yujin's reaction. But after a few seconds, Yujin's face lit up.


"That is really good. How did you even manage to make the flavors work together?" Yujin says that made Minjoo grin.


"It's all because of my exquisite taste in food." Minjoo says, flipping her hair playfully. It made the two of them laugh.


"You can try some of mine too if you like." Yujin offers. Minjoo did as she was told and took some of her pancake.


"Hmm, the bananas and the maple syrup tastes good too but not better than mine." Minjoo teases.


Yujin pretended to be shocked. "That's really mean! In that case..." She immediately took hold of a fork and a knife and tried getting more of Minjoo's pancake.


Minjoo was caught off guard for a few seconds before realizing that Yujin was getting some of her food. She tried her best to block her but Yujin was stronger and taller than her so she managed to get another bite, smirking at Minjoo after she did.


Minjoo scoffed, glaring at Yujin playfully. She then grabbed some of the whipped cream on her plate and smeared it on Yujin's face.


"Hah! A little payback for eating my pancake." Minjoo says, grinning at her.


Yujin was quick to react. She grabbed the bottle of whipped cream near her, put some of it on her hand, and did the same thing Minjoo did to her.


"And that's for not giving me more of it." Yujin says back.


Minjoo grumbled, feeling the whipped cream on her face and soon enough, their peaceful morning breakfast turned into a food fight between the two of them. It ended with the both of them laughing while being on the ground as they now have a lot of different toppings on their faces


"Okay, okay. I think we should should stop." Yujin announced before standing up, offering a hand to Minjoo.


Minjoo looked at it for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter