Chapter 27

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The yellow team watch with focus as the blue team started their play. As soon as the lights and focused on the main character, they were all in awe upon seeing cute and pretty little Hitomi acting as Dorothy.

 

Minjoo noted how good their choice was for picking Hitomi as the lead. She can act really well as Dorothy. A pure and innocent girl and also someone who is bold and courageous.

 

Nako was appointed as the narrator. Her voice was perfect for the fantasy-like story that they were showing. It was sweet and lovely, while also fitting the scenes where she needed her voice to change to blend in with the feeling.

 

The story went on as the different characters were also introduced. The first encounter that Dorothy had was with the Scarecrow who was played by Sakura. The second one that was introduced was the Tin Man, who Wonyoung played. And lastly, the last character who will be with them through their journey through Oz is the Cowardly Lion who ended up being Chaeyeon.

 

Each of their friends had added a unique characteristic to the character. It suited them well eventhough it may not look like at first. But with their perseverance and effort, they made their play look flawless.

 

The props team also made an awesome job with the set. From the house of Dorothy being caught in the cyclone to the Witch's lair, it really looked like they devoted their time into making it.

 

The huge surprise that came to Minjoo was that Chaewon played the Witch. She never really had the time to ask which roles her friends got or how their play was going as she was pretty busy on their own too. And so, upon seeing Chaewon with the getup and all, she can't helped but be amazed.

 

Chaewon also did an awesome job in portraying the Witch. It seemed as though she brought out her inner 'Ssamachi' for it, as Yuri had said. Near the ending, Nako also played the Good Witch that made her not only a narrator but also an actress in the play even with a minimal role.

 

The yellow team were really enjoying watching the other team's play that they didn't noticed it was finish, not until the characters took a bow and the curtains closed in front of them.

 

The audience gave them cheers and claps as it ended. It seemed as though they enjoyed the play like the yellow team did.

 

"Alright. What a way to start the night." Tiffany was now standing in front of the stage again as the characters and staff have cleared out. "Congratulations to the 'Wizard of Oz' team for doing a wonderful job!"

 

Cheers were once again given by the audience.

 

"Now that we've finished the first group, let us head on over to the second one as to not keep you waiting." Moonbin announced as students from the second row started cheering loudly, the one who brought some Yujin banners with them.

 

"The next team consists of Kim Minjoo, Ahn Yujin, Kang Hyewon, Kwon Eunbi, Choi Yena, and Jo Yuri. Tonight, they will bring you a story of romance which is titled 'A Thing Called Love'. Please give it up for them!" Tiffany announced as the audience gave them an applause.

 

At the backstage, Minjoo took a deep breath in. She fixed her mic, straightened her clothes, and reminded herself to be in character.

 

This was it. The play was starting.

 

The lights turned off, giving the MCs time to get off stage and the staff to put the set in place. Minjoo was the first one who came out as it was her character's scene first before the others will be introduced.

 

----------------

(The Characters Names for Reference)
• Minjoo as Song Jia
• Hyewon as Cha Daeun
• Yujin as Sun Mijin
• Yuri as Song Hana
• Yena as Cha Munhee

*The narration will also be italicized for easier identification.

----------------

Have you ever wondered, what it feels like falling in love? Is it something that you feel with every one and anyone you meet or is it limited to those who you know the best? Does it make you feel all full and happy or crazy and demented?

No one can really explain what it feels like until you experience it yourself. And that is what Song Jia has been thinking all her life.

Ever since she was little, she was already intrigued by these kind of things. Other children play toys and gadgets. Others play with friends.

But no, not this girl. Even at a young age, she deemed to learn more about love. Hoping that one day she'll experience it too.

 

 

Eunbi's voice sounded through the auditorium, making the audience quiet down to listen to the whole new story that was taking place.

 

The lights then and a bedroom setup was shown. There was a real bed in the middle while the backdrop and furnitures were made of cardboard and the like. Minjoo laid on the bed facing the ceiling, having her phone in hand and earphones in her ears.

 

A love song has played throughout the auditorium to show the song that Minjoo's character has been listening. Her hair was also done in pigtails and she was wearing a floral dress—a sign that her character was supposed to be young at this time.

 

Minjoo sighed, staring at her phone for a long time before deciding to put it down and close her eyes, wanting to feel the music.

 

"When will I ever feel this thing that they are singing about?" She told herself, sighing again as her daily problem occured to her.

 

The music then stopped, a knocking sound was heard then a voice came after.

 

"Song Jia! Come down here and eat your dinner. I've been calling your name for a hundred times now!"

 

The voice also belonged to Eunbi but this time, she was acting as if she was Jia's mother.

 

Minjoo sat up on the bed, frowning.

 

"Coming mom!" She answers, pulling the earphones out of her ears and walking away from the stage as the lights started to dim.

 

The staff then started to fix the set from the stage as Minjoo quickly changed backstage with the help of her friends.

 

 

Her mom knew about her daughter's interests in these kind of things. She told her before that she'll understand it more when she grows up. But Jia being the stubborn and insistent girl that she is, refused to believe her mom.

Since her daughter wasn't a teenager yet and still had a lot more years of childhood to spent, her mom decided to help her experience what kids her age should be doing.

And so, she asked her longtime friend who had a daughter who was around the same age as Jia if they could spend some time together for her to enjoy the things that little girls like her should be doing.

One day, when Jia came home from school, she saw a girl sitting in their living room, playing marbles by herself.

 

 

The second scene involved Yujin in it and so, it was Minjoo's first encounter with Yujin's character in the play.

 

With a questioning look, Minjoo approached the girl slowly.

 

"Uhm, who are you? And what are you doing in my house?" She asked the girl seated on the floor, still facing her back.

 

"Oh." Yujin turned around. Her face then lit up when she saw Minjoo. She quickly stood up, dusted herself, and hugged her.

 

"Yay! A new playmate!" She said happily, bouncing up and down as Minjoo tried to pry her off.

 

"I don't know who you are. Why are you hugging me?" She said annoyedly.

 

Yujin giggled, sitting down again to play with her marbles. "My name's Mijin. And starting today, we're gonna be best friends!"

 

Minjoo could only stare at the girl, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

 

 

That time, Jia knew what her mom wanted her to do. She wanted her to make friends and do the things that kids around her age should be doing.

Even if at first she didn't like having Mijin around, she knew she didn't have a choice as it was her mom's decision. And so, she ended up keeping her as her friend.

As it turns out, it wasn't really bad having Mijin around. She ended up enjoying her company as the years went by. And even if her mom did end up getting what she wanted, of Jia spending her childhood with other kids and spending it normally as they did, her desire to know more about love only intensified when she grew older.

 

 

A change in the scene occured. The bedroom was also brought back along with a bean bag next to it. Minjoo and Yujin appeared once again. Although this time, they were wearing clothes appropriate for their age.

 

Minjoo was seated crossed-legged on her bed, scrolling through her phone, frowning as she sees couples all over her social media account.
(A projector showed different pictures of what Minjoo's character should be seeing for the audience).

 

"Jia, you're frowning again. What's wrong this time?" Yujin asked, putting down the comic book that she was reading to face the girl.

 

"Oh, it's nothing. I'm just sad seeing these couples all over my feed and I'm wondering when will it be my turn." She showed Yujin her phone for her to see what she was viewing.

 

Yujin rolled her eyes, stood up, and went to sit on the bed with her.

 

"We always talk about this all the time. It's getting tiring but you just wait, maybe you'll finally feel it someday. Maybe as soon as tommorow, who knows?" Her friend told her. Yujin then grabbed Minjoo's phone and searched for something in it.

 

"Here. For now, just watch this rom-com movie so you won't have to deal with real life couples." She handed Minjoo her phone back and went back to her bean bag again to continue reading her comic book.

 

Minjoo stared at her phone and at what movie Yujin picked. She then let out a sad smile, connecting her earphones in as she watched the film.

 

 

Jia did her best to feel the things that the songs and stories says about finding the perfect love for you and it making you feel a lot of different things. To no avail, she hasn't found that feeling yet even as the years passed by.

But things started to change when a new transferee came to their school...

 

 

The bedroom set was now changed into a school set. A backdrop of lockers were now in place as different extras walked passed the stage, pretending to be students.

 

Like always, Minjoo was leaning on her locker, watching students walk by. Wondering if she'll find the one that she's been looking for in this hall full of students.

 

After minutes of spending her time doing nothing and just listening to her usual playlist full of love songs, she decided to head to class as it was almost time for the bell to ring.

 

With her head low and her things closed to her, she joined the other students who were also heading to class. She was doing fine dodging incoming students and keeping a low profile until someone bumps into her.

 

The impact made Minjoo drop her things in which she immediately tried to get ahold of.

 

"Hey! You should watch where you're go--"

 

Minjoo wasn't able to continue what she was saying when she looked up and met eyes with the prettiest girl she could ever lay eyes on in these halls.

 

"I...uhm..." She stammered.

 

The girl went down, helping her with her stuff.

 

"I'm sorry. I was just in a hurry as I'm about to be late that I didn't see you there." Said the mysterious girl.

 

Minjoo was too busy staring that she didn't even notice that the girl had picked up all her stuff.

 

"Uhm, I think these are for you." The girl said, giving her her things back.

 

"Oh, I uhh, yeah." Minjoo quickly retrieved her stuff from her before standing up. "Thanks."

 

The girl nodded, her face showing no emotions as she looked back at Minjoo.

 

"No prob. And it seems like I have to go now." She went pass Minjoo and hurriedly tried to find her room.

 

"Oh, but wait!" Minjoo tried to call out, but the girl was too far to hear her. "I didn't even manage to get your name." She said with a frown, sighing, and deciding to go to her own class.

 

 

Jia was sad all throughout her morning classes as she didn't even get to know the name of the pretty stranger that she bumped into.

For the first time in her life, she felt one of the things that was said to be a sign when you finally find the one for you in one of the things that she read—your breath being taken out of you when your eyes meet.

She also felt infatuated by the girl who she bumped in to. She didn't even know if what she was feeling was something that word can describe.

And because of that, she longed to see this mysterious girl again. She just didn't expect that she'll see this girl again soon enough.

 

 

The set have changed from the hallways to a classroom. Chairs and tables were placed all over the stage.

 

Minjoo sat in one of the chairs, placing her things down, and putting her head in her arms in attempt to take a nap.

 

"Okay, class. We have a new student with us today. I want you to welcome her with open arms and make her feel at ease in our class." Eunbi (who was now acting as their teacher) said. "Oh, I forgot. Please introduce yourself first." She said with a chuckle.

 

"Good afternoon, everyone. My name is Cha Daeun and I hope you take good care of me." She bowed as the class erupted in applause.

 

Minjoo looked up, hearing a familiar voice. And when she did, she couldn't be any happier going to school that day.

 

"Omo! You're so pretty! Can I have your number?" A boy from their class said.

 

"What do you use for your hair? It looks so smooth and shiny!" Another girl said.

 

Eunbi made sure to calm the students down for Daeun (who was played by Hyewon) not to feel uncomfortable.

 

"Okay. That's enough. You guys aren't doing her any good with those questions." She then looked for an empty seat to put her in. "There's an empty seat next to Jia. You can sit there for now."

 

Hyewon gave their teacher a small bow before heading to the seat where she was pointing to earlier.

 

Minjoo panicked upon hearing her name. The new girl, sitting next to her? Not to mention, the pretty and cool one from earlier? The one who helper her with her stuff?

 

Minjoo could only sigh happily as she watched Hyewon sit down beside her.

 

Hyewon noticed eyes watching her and so she turned to look.

 

"Oh, it's you." She tells Minjoo.

 

"Yes, it's me." Minjoo said with a giggle. "So, Cha Daeun. That's your name?"

 

Hyewon nodded. "Like what I said earlier, yeah. That's my name."

 

Minjoo scratched her head awkwardly. Of course it was her name.

 

Even if she was still a little shy meeting the girl again, she decided not to let the opportunity pass.

 

"Oh, I'm Song Jia, by the way. If you don't know me yet." She put a hand out for the girl to take.

 

Hyewon stared at it for a moment, then she looked back up at Minjoo.

 

"Nice to meet you, Jia." She said, shaking her hand briefly as she brought out a notebook and started writing notes for today's class.

 

Minjoo smiled, doing the same as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter