Chapter 20

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjoo was standing in front of the mirror, checking out herself in it. She wanted to make sure that she looked her best—even better when she took her photo for the yearbook. Everything about her should look perfect. From her soft and lushy locks down to her newly pedicured and manicured nails, Minjoo has prepared herself for this day.


It had already been three days since the last challenge ended. Three days that Minjoo had to prepare. Three days that she waited for this moment to finally happen.


Giving herself a once-over in the mirror, she finally decided that she was ready. She checked the time on her phone. '7:45pm', it read. 15 minutes before she had to meet up with the person that has been occupying her mind these past few days.


She went out the bathroom and made her way downstairs, meeting a Yujin who was relaxing over by the couch.


Yujin had her hair tied up in a bun and was slumped against the couch. A bag of chips on her right hand was leaning on a pillow placed on her tummy, her phone on her left hand. She was busy using her phone—not having a care in the world—until she noticed Minjoo standing next to her.


She suddenly flinched upon seeing the older, looking like as if someone had surprised her. She then sat up straight, making sure she didn't have any crumbs on before speaking to Minjoo.


"Woah. You going somewhere?" Yujin asked, noticing how Minjoo was all dressed up. She looked like she was ready for a photoshoot at any moment.


Minjoo smiled lightly, shaking her head. "Mhm, going to meet up with a friend. Don't wait up for me."


Yujin looked like she was in a trance but nodded her head nonetheless. "I won't. I'll look after the house while you're gone."


This time, Minjoo gave Yujin a proper smile. "Thanks. I better get going."


She passed by the younger who followed her by sight. But before she could head outside, she heard Yujin's voice call her.


"Wait!" Yujin suddenly said that made Minjoo stop in her tracks and look back at her.


"Hmm?" Minjoo had her eyebrows raised, waiting for Yujin to start speaking.


"I just wanted to say that uhm..." Yujin started. "you look really pretty.


Minjoo smiled to herself. "Thanks."


Giving one last look and a nod to the younger, Minjoo went out the house and made her way to her destination for the night.


--


Minjoo stood in front of the events placed on where they planned to meet. It was already 8 in the evening and she was waiting for her friend who said that she will come at the said time.


Minjoo thought about backing out the last minute, she didn't know if her friend really was there or not. For all she knows, she decided to ditch her and do something else for the night.


A few seconds later, Minjoo was glad that her thoughts were wrong.


A few feet away from her stood a long-haired girl who was wearing a gray hoodie and was now making her way towards Minjoo. The said girl hugged Minjoo in greeting.


"Minjoo! You made it!" Chaewon says, breaking the hug soon after.


Minjoo tried to play it cool, pretending like the hug didn't mean anything to her, and tried her best to answer casually.


"Ah, y-yes. Of course. You told me you needed to tell me something so I came." Minjoo was now staring at the older, her eyebrows then furrowed.


"Hmm. You got extensions?" She asked, referring to Chaewon's hair that grew inches since the last time she saw her.


"Ahh, this?" Chaewon held some of her extensions. "I wanted to try a different look so... here it is."


Minjoo gave the older a warm smile. "It looks good on you. I like it."


Chaewon let out a sigh of relief. "Gee, thanks. I was debating whether to try it or not as I didn't know if you guys would like it. I did like it myself but I wasn't sure if others would too. I didn't even show this to Hitomi. You're the first one to see me having this so thank you for your positive feedback."


Minjoo giggled at Chaewon's words. "Of course, you always look good—no matter if your hair's short or not."


Chaewon got shy at Minjoo's compliment. She chuckled before hitting the younger playfully.


"Alright, alright. Enough with that. Let's get inside, shall we?" Chaewon says, gesturing at the building in front of them.


"Okay. Lead the way."


--


Minjoo felt like she was daydreaming when she saw where Chaewon brought her. The events place was a three-storey building that had a rooftop access. Chaewon had taken them to the very top that overlook the resort's night landscape. The view, the lighting, the setting—all of it was how Minjoo imagined it would be if ever this day comes.


"Unnie, it's... it's beautiful." Minjoo marveled at the sight. From the tall posts that held the vintage party lights to the view attainable during this time of the night, Minjoo couldn't have thought of a better timing for what she was about to say.


"Thanks." Chaewon chuckles from behind her. "It actually took me weeks to find this gem. Good thing they let me use it."


Chaewon and Minjoo walked closer to the edge, gazing at the scenery below. The splashing of the waves can still be heard even at this distance.


Minjoo felt like this scene was all too familiar, like she had thought of something similar to this before. If she would play her cards right, all the things that happened in her dream could still happen to her in real life.


She glanced at Chaewon who was standing right beside her, noticing how the wind blew her hair peacefully, and how the older chuckled because of it.


"Ahh, it's making me think twice now if I should still use this hairstyle. My hair is getting all over my face." Chaewon says, fixing her hair to avoid it being blown away by the wind.


Minjoo chuckled. "It still suits you even if it's getting all over your face so I think that's something."


Chaewon laughed lightly at Minjoo's words. "Another compliment from you tonight. Guess it's my lucky day."


This time, the two of them shared a laugh together. Oh, how Minjoo missed having these moments with Chaewon together. So far, she's feeling really happy and light. She wonders if this feeling will last until the end of the night.


After the laughter died down, Minjoo started to speak up. "Anyways, you said you were gonna tell me something, right? Well, I have something to tell you myself too." She looked away upon saying the last sentence, feeling herself getting shy all of a sudden.


"Oh." Chaewon was surprised that she wasn't the only one with things to share tonight. "Would you want to say it first or would you want me to go before you?"


Minjoo decided to think about it for a couple of seconds. "Hmm... you should go first. Besides, that was the whole point of this meeting, right?"


Chaewon pursed her lips and nodded. "Yeah, yeah. You're right. I guess here goes."


Chaewon turned herself to fully face Minjoo. She clasped her hands together, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath.


"Okay, here goes." Chaewon started, finally opening her eyes to look at Minjoo.


"Minjoo, I..."


Minjoo waited with anticipation. Was she actually going to say what she thinks she will?


"I think I like..."


There was it, the word like. Will Chaewon finally tell her that she likes her too?


"I think I like Hit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter