Chapter 15

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It bothered Minjoo how it bothered her that she was bothered about what Yujin told her. Yeah, it was a pretty complicated thing. Not even Minjoo herself can explain it. Those are the kind of thoughts that keeps one awake at night. And for this matter, Minjoo


She didn't know if it was guilt that she was feeling since she failed her promise to Yujin. She was once again being a bad partner and a bad friend. It was one of the thoughts that concerned her but there was another one that occupied her mind: How did Yujin know she likes those kind of chocolates?


To be fair, Yujin did tell her that she sees her eating it in the cafeteria back when they were still in school. That somehow sums up how she knew.


Even with a good reason on why she most probably knew, Minjoo still couldn't get it off her mind.


Yujin has tons of admirers in their school. Any time of the day, you'll see a couple of them gushing over her and her friends. Even in the cafeteria, a lot of them tries to catch Yujin's attention. Without a doubt, those people would certainly do anything to get her attention. And by how Minjoo says anything, they would be ready to embarrass themselves in front of the whole school if they wanted to.


One time, a girl around Sakura's age "accidentally" tripped in front of Yujin just so she could help her up. Yujin did help her, that caused the girl to lose her balance again due to her excitement as she ended up falling for real this time.


To wrap it all up, Minjoo thinks she wasn't someone that one should pay attention to. Not when we're talking about of the most famous girls in school, not when it's the person she hates the most.


Sure, the contest did somehow change how she saw Yujin. She was (maybe) after all, different from how she perceived her. But on top of that, she'll never forget everything that Yujin did that made her school life harder. That was the only thought that kept her from giving Yujin the benefit of doubt that she is different from how she actually sees her.


Going back to the two, they were now in the kitchen trying their best to sort out the food that they bought. Turns out, having to arrange groceries that will last for two months was pretty hard. All the cabinets were on their full capacity that they had to put some of the items in the storage room upstairs. They made sure to put it in a plastic box so that it'll still be good after a few days. They also checked the expiration dates before buying the products.


"Alright. That's about everything." Yujin sighs, dusting her hands as she puts the last remaining items on the cabinet. "Let's take a breather, yeah?"


Minjoo nodded, also exhausted from all the packing that they did. They sat on the sofas in the living room, both too exhausted to start a conversation.


It was now dinner time after they finished packing. They got home at around 5pm, just the right time before the teachers start their headcount on which team still weren't there. They took a break for a while after getting home then decided to began putting away the groceries after and as a result, they just finished now.


"We still have to cook for dinner, won't we?" Minjoo asked. She was all ready to head to bed even without having dinner, too tired to eat one. Although she was sure her stomach spoke for itself as it growled the moment she mentioned 'dinner'.


"Mhm." Yujin answers.


Minjoo groaned, thinking that she won't be able to feed herself without food, slowly began to sit up. "I'll prepare something for us. I think I put a frozen pizza in my basket earlier. Will that be fine with you?"


Yujin gave her a tired thumbs up as Minjoo went to the kitchen, looking for the pizza. She found it after a few minutes of looking. The pizza was in a small box that contained four pieces in each box. It was the type of pizza that was to be put in an oven for it to cook. Minjoo thought it was easy to cook, even if she wasn't a good cook herself.


She put the four pizzas in a big tray and preheated the oven. She read through the instructions carefully, noting how many minutes it needs to take before the pizza was done. She then put it inside and waited for a couple minutes.


Minjoo even did a timer on her phone for her to be sure if 15 minutes did actually finish. She waited and waited but as she looked over the oven, she saw how the crusts weren't golden brown yet and the cheese weren't all melted. Because of that, she added another minute to it.


It went on like that for a few of minutes until Yujin came over. Once she did, the pizza was already overcooked.


"It says on the box it should have golden crusts. These crust aren't golden!" Minjoo complained.


The pizza's crust didn't look as cooked as Minjoo had expected. There were still some parts that looked like it was still raw but the bottom of the pizza was already overcooked, in which why Yujin decided it was already done.


"Hmm." Yujin grabbed one of the pizzas, tapping it lightly with a fork. "It is overcooked but it's our only dinner." She then took a bite of it, giving Minjoo a guilty smile as the older sighed.


"Next time, you're cooking." She tells Yujin as she started eating her overcooked pizza.


"Yeah, sure." Yujin answers, taking another bite.


Their dinner was cut short when they heard a knock on the door. Yujin dropped her pizza on the tray and went to answer the door. She came back seconds later, bearing another letter like the last time. The only difference was the envelope was a lot smaller this time.


"Oh, what could that may be this time?" Minjoo asked, peeking over to Yujin's side.


Yujin opened and read through it like the last time. "It's for the second challenge I suppose. They're asking us to prepare tomorrow, at 4pm and to bring some change of clothes." She gave the letter to Minjoo.


"There's nothing indicated here what and where our challenge gonna be." Minjoo says. "They also mentioned how a van will pick us up tomorrow and bring us to the destination. I'll take note of that now." She finishes, rolling her eyes.


"Should we make a strategy or something? For the next challenge?" Yujin then asked after Minjoo was done reading.


"We probably should but we don't know what it is yet." Minjoo got up and packed the now empty tray. "But them asking us to bring extra clothes with us, I'm guessing it's either the challenge is connected to something with water in it or things that can be messy like paintball or something."


Yujin nodded. "I think so too. They also mentioned that the van will bring us to the destination. So the next challenge won't be happening here then?"


Minjoo nodded at Yujin's question. "I thought all the challenges were to happen here. I guess I'm wrong. They really did prepare for this year's anniversary. Must've collected a huge sum of money for this to happen."


"I agree." Yujin says. "And I may have to do some talking with my uncle about my allowance once all of this is over."


--


Around 4pm the next day, all of the teams were found at the front of the beach. They waited for the teachers to them to their own vans that will bring them to their destination.


Along the ride, the chatter of the students were nonstop. They talked about all the things that Yujin and Minjoo mentioned last night. The school's budget, where this place will be, what the challenge could be, and a some things unrelated to the it like how Sakura asked if they were able to buy some kimchi as her and Chaeyeon forgot to buy their own.


The sun had already set when they reached their destination. As soon as the students got out off the vans, they were all wearing the same reactions—a look of amazement and excitement.


"Omo, we're at a waterpark!" Yena yells, garnering the attention of the other people present in the place.


"Wouldn't it be better if you could keep your voice down?" Yuri tells Yena as her partner laughed awkwardly.


The place that the van took them was a huge waterpark. Everywhere you look, you'll see different kinds of slides, all of them having water beneath them. There were also pools of different sizes all around the place. Their lights on the slides and the pools were also on as the sun had just set. Varieties of colors illuminated the park that added to the wowness of the place.


The teachers led them to the place where the next challenge will be held. All of the school's staff from the previous challenge were already there, including Tiffany and Moonbin. Behind them was a huge water slide that towered the whole place. They all lined up next to the MCs, glancing behind them every once in a while.


"Hello everyone! Welcome to your second challenge!" Tiffany motioned at the water slide with her hands.


"I think you guys might have an idea on what we're doing next, are you?" Moonbin asked them. The students nodde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter