Chapter 7

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day after the results were released came as Minjoo found herself in History class—answering the activity that their teacher has given them. Minjoo was halfway through her paper when a thought came to her mind.


She remembered last night about how easily her mom decided to sign the paper. She picked up her bag from the floor, rummaged through it, and pulled out the paper from it a few seconds later. She then decided to call for Yuri's attention.


Yuri was in front of her, still answering the activity. Minjoo decided to get Yuri's attention by slightly kicking her chair.


"Psst, Yuri~" Minjoo called out softly, careful not to let the teacher hear.


Yuri looked back slightly at Minjoo, her eyebrows furrowing. She pointed at the teacher as she gestured for Minjoo to stay quiet.


"Tell me all about it later." She mouthed as she went back in answering her paper.


The teacher must've noticed them not focusing on their work as she told them to finished their papers first before talking.


Minjoo returned in answering her own paper. Since she was halfway through it before getting distracted, she quickly finished in answering the activity. Being proud with herself, she decided to call for Yuri once again.


"Jo Yuri~ I'm done with my paper. Please listen for a sec, I'll just have something to ask you." Minjoo's voice was even softer than the first time she called Yuri. Since the teacher already saw them talking earlier, she didn't want to take any chances.


Yuri sighed. She looked at the teacher first to make sure she wasn't watching them. When she saw that the teacher was busy, she lowered her head—using the boy in front of her as a cover—and looked back at Minjoo.


"Go ahead, but make it quick." She told Minjoo who showed her the paper from the contest. Yuri grabbed it and saw the two signatures from it.


"Woah, you've signed it already?" Yuri gave Minjoo back the paper as Minjoo nodded.


"Yes, I did. Did you get yours signed too?" Minjoo asked. Yuri shook her head no.


"I forgot about it last night. When I remembered it this morning and was about to let my mom sign, she already left for work. Maybe I could ask her about it later." Yuri answered, glancing back at the teacher, making sure she was still busy.


"Ah, I see." Minjoo says, nodding her head slowly. "Oh, but can you tell me where can I pass this paper? I might misplace it somewhere before Wednesday so I think it'll be better for me to pass it today."


Yuri pouted, seemingly thinking for a bit until she found an answer. "Well, Ms. Yoo was one of the teachers who gave out the papers yesterday. Maybe you can give it to her?" Both Minjoo and Yuri looked at the teacher's table, finding Ms. Yoo looking at the students again.


"I guess I could try. Thanks." Minjoo told Yuri before standing up, making her way to the teacher's table. She brought two papers with her upon going there—the activity and the one from the contest.


As she reached the front, Ms. Yoo stopped from watching the students to look at Minjoo. Minjoo gave the paper from the activity first.


Ms. Yoo accepted the paper and put it on the pile where the other papers for the activity were. Minjoo was left standing there, not knowing what to do next.


Ms. Yoo noticed this as she asks Minjoo, "Do you need something else?"


Minjoo shyly squirmed in her place. Since Minjoo was a timid person, it was difficult for her to be put in situations like this. She isn't one to converse with other people easily, especially when it comes to teachers.


"Uhm Ma'am. Just wanted to ask if is it okay for me to pass the paper for the contest to you? I kind of don't know where Ms. Im is today and someone said I could give it to you." Minjoo scratched her head shyly, looking down soon after.


"Oh, that. Yes, of course. I'll just give it to Ms. Im later when I see her." Ms. Yoo says.


Minjoo went and gave the paper to Ms. Yoo who looked it for a while, smiling lightly. She then bowed and said a little 'thank you' to Ms. Yoo before returning to her seat.


As Minjoo sat down, Yuri looked back at her, giving her a thumbs up. Minjoo did the same, smiling brightly after knowing she successfully passed the paper from the contest.


--


As the remaining days went by, Minjoo's friends were able to pass in their papers as well. Ms. Im wasn't kidding when she said that the papers needed to be passed before Wednesday.


When Tuesday morning came, the remaining students who weren't able to get their paper signed were w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter