Chapter 1

Stuck With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjoo found herself walking by the shoreline of a white-sanded beach. The sun was setting over the horizon which created a wonderful glow that matched the beach's serene feeling.


Mindlessly, Minjoo kept walking. With no destination in mind, she kept on going where her feet would take her. She doesn't know why but she just had the feeling that this is where she should be—in this beautiful beach, under the remaining glimmer of the setting sun.


A couple of seconds into her harmonious walk, she noticed a lady standing near by the ocean waves. She was wearing an all-blue outfit, the uniform for the resort's personnel. Minjoo didn't exactly know how she thought about that. She just had the feeling that this lady works here.


The lady smiled as soon as she saw Minjoo approaching. She gave her a small nod.


"We've been expecting you, Ms. Kim. Now if you won't mind, let me show you the way." The lady began to walk ahead, beckoning for Minjoo to follow her.


Minjoo reluctantly followed the lady even without knowing how the lady knew her name. All she knew was that she had to follow her.


The sun has now set when Minjoo and the lady reached their destination. The moment that they stopped, the lady looked back at Minjoo and motioned for her to come forward.


As soon as she did, she saw a gazebo right in the middle of the beach. It had candles lit all through the place that illuminated the space. A single table and two chairs were placed in the middle of the room. In one of the chairs, a girl was seated. Her back was facing Minjoo.


When Minjoo saw the girl, her heart started to race, knowing exactly well who this familiar figure belonged to.


As if on cue, the girl looked back. She spotted Minjoo near her and stood up. Walking slowly while smiling at Minjoo, the girl revealed herself to be none other than—Kim Chaewon.


The moment that Chaewon stood face-to-face with Minjoo, she gave the lady a small nod as a sign of thanks before grabbing Minjoo's hand. She led her inside the gazebo. She then pulled Minjoo's chair for her to sit in which Minjoo obliged. Knowing that Minjoo was settled, Chaewon went in her own seat.


The first few seconds consists mostly of them just smiling at each other. Knowing that this dinner needed to start, Chaewon spoke first.


"So, uhm... I just wanted to say that you look pretty, like, really pretty tonight." Chaewon once again smiled at Minjoo who was becoming shy by her compliment. She was absentmindedly playing with the flowers displayed in front of her.


"T-Thanks." Minjoo managed to say, her cheeks reddening.


Chaewon let out a chuckle noticing Minjoo's shyness towards her. Again, Chaewon spoke up. "Now that we're here, can I ask you to do one thing for me?"


Minjoo looked up, nodding her head. "Sure, anything. What is it?"


"Well, I want you to snap out of it." Chaewon says, still smiling at Minjoo. Minjoo looked confused hearing Chaewon's sudden request.


"I'm sorry, what was that?" Minjoo asked, still having a bemused look on her face.


"I said, snap out of it." Chaewon continually says, staring at Minjoo with adoring eyes.


Minjoo's vision started to spin. Soon enough, she noticed a hand waving in front of her face. It belonged to her best friend who was currently sitting beside her, Yuri.


"Minjoo! Snap out of it!" She heard Yuri say.


Minjoo shook her head slightly, focusing her eyes on the person beside her. Yuri's voice was loud enough to make Minjoo snap out from her daydreaming.


Minjoo pouted. Now that she was back to reality, she remembered that everything that has happened earlier was just a part of her imagination.


"What are you all pouting about? I kept calling your name ten times already. You weren't responding. Did something happen? Are you okay?" Yuri said, looking at Minjoo worriedly.


"Oh, no no. Nothing happened. I was just thinking of a drama I've watched yesterday and I was just sad that I didn't get to see the ending before going to bed last night." Minjoo didn't want to tell Yuri all about what she was dreaming about earlier as she was embarrassed of telling it aloud. That's why she thought of a lie quick enough to tell Yuri.


Yuri nodded hearing Minjoo's statement. "I see. Well, you got to start eating your sandwich now 'cause if you won't, it'll be going straight to my mouth." Yuri pointed to her now open mouth that made Minjoo chuckle.


"Alright, alright. I'm going to eat it now." Minjoo said as she takes a bite from her sandwich as Yuri continued on eating the chips that she was holding.


Minjoo started to take in her surroundings as she eats. She can't believe she managed to zone out with this many people all over the place.


Looking around, she remembered going to the cafeteria with her friends since it was already their break time. They were seated at the table near the window while other students were all around the place. Minjoo noted that Yuri was sitting beside her next to Wonyoung. In front of her was Hitomi who was sitting next to Chaewon and Sakura by the far left.


Chaewon. Minjoo thought. She was daydreaming about Chaewon when she was literally a few seats away from her. What would Chaewon think when she sees Minjoo staring?


It was good enough that Chaewon was busy listening to Sakura's story that she didn't notice Minjoo's stares. Once or twice, she lets out a little laugh, finding Sakura's story funny.


Minjoo quietly lets out a breath she didn't know that she was holding before starting to eat her sandwich again.


Minjoo's now peaceful atmosphere was broken by the sound of the cafeteria doors opening. A bunch of students came walking in. A soon as Minjoo realized who the students were, she started biting on her sandwich aggressively.


As the group entered the room, a cluster of students started gathering among them. With the usual squeals and shouts coming from the students, Minjoo exactly knew who the group was.


Minjoo never really think that this group deserve that attention. People only liked them 'cause they see the group as "cool" and "admirable" just because they do mischief in which they never get scolded for while also maintaining high-grades. Not to mention that they also consists of students

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter