Journal Entry #8

fight or flight

Journal entry #8 



   After I called Bambam the next day, I texted Youngjae and Mark in a group chat we created recently when we could meet. We decided on a date, and it’s been decided that I would be meeting them this Saturday in the afternoon. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling nervous about meeting them again, but I’m not the same person as I used to be. Things have changed, they have changed, and most importantly, I’ve changed… I should get this through my thick head already. 

   Even though it’s a Thursday, it feels as if it’s Monday, and I only have one person to blame for this. Who else but Yugyeom would be responsible for this? 

   I’m stuck at my cubicle with paperwork that needs to be done by Friday. I had finished everything yesterday before I returned home, but Yugyeom seems to magically come up with more work for me to do. In all honesty, I shouldn’t be complaining about it since I like working myself until I can’t anymore, but it’s his attitude that makes me angry. Yugyeom gives me paperwork as if it’s his duty to make me suffer as if he has something to settle with me. Last time I checked though, I hardly spoke to him unless it was work-related.

   Yugyeom should get a new hobby that isn’t tormenting me to death. I wonder what will happen if I strut in his office and slam my hand on his desk and officially declare him as the King of . Would it be worth it to get fired? 

   (The answer is no because I need this job. Still, it’s nice to fantasize in the middle of a stressful situation.)

   I’m openly writing on my journal since Yugyeom is currently outside the building. If I recall correctly, he was going to be in meetings all day. No one can tell me to stop writing because they all know how hard I’ve been working for the past weeks. They know I deserve a break from Yugyeom’s reign, and I appreciate it deeply. 

   As I’m writing this entry, I take time to appreciate my surroundings. I notice that I’m not the only one slacking off either. There are a couple of colleagues that have their cell phones out as they text someone, others are talking to each other as they share a cup of coffee… which, to be honest, a cup of coffee sounds like a great idea. Normally I would mind going to the other floor just to get my coffee because that would mean having to momentarily stop doing my work, and I don’t like that.

   However, today is my chill day, and I’ll drink my coffee. Yugyeom can go a if he thinks I’ll continue doing work after Hell Week. 

 

P. J.