Journal Entry #6

fight or flight

Journal entry #6


 

   I’m currently taking a break from my job (and hiding from Yugyeom. He’s been ordering me around like there’s no tomorrow). Because of that, I’m writing this entry at the roof of the company instead of at my desk. There's an area at the roof in which employees are allowed to use, mainly as a smoking area (not that, that stops me from being there). In any case, there have been slight changes to the job that I hadn’t been filled in until this morning when I arrived at Yugyeom’s office. 

   For example, while I’m still the secretary, I don’t have my private cubicle and unlimited coffee machine anymore. My new cubicle is located near Yugyeom’s office, which makes sense considering that my previous cubicle was far away from his. 

   (Not that I minded it.) 

   Now he can easily check whether I’m slacking off or not because his office is made of glass walls. I’ve only been here for four hours, but it’s the most self-conscious I’ve been in a while because Yugyeom watches me like a hawk… or it feels like it, anyways. I’m blaming it on the lack of caffeine. 

   That’s another thing. The coffee machine that was close to my previous cubicle is gone. According to one of my colleagues, they took it away shortly after I left because it was getting old, and that’s true. I remember struggling to get my coffee the way I wanted, so it would’ve happened anyway if I had stayed or not. There’s currently a new one, but its two floors down. I’m actually considering making a petition to buy a coffee machine for our floor.  

   These factors used to make my job more enjoyable, but now they’ve been taken away from me. I’m barely getting by today… 

 

P.J.