Journal Entry #7

fight or flight

Journal entry #7


 

   It’s been two weeks since I got my job back and sat down properly to write. Between work and my private life, it’s been hard juggling between both. I’ve been trying to get proper rest at my apartment because it’s one of the many things Bambam told me I should start doing, but I haven’t been able to at all. 

   Around a week ago, Yugyeom suddenly flooded me with tasks that required my full attention. They were all important documents, so I divided my time and organized everything from the most tedious one to the less tedious one. It was granted that I wouldn’t have the time to finish them within working hours, but I tried. I tried finishing them on time, but before I knew it, it was past the closing hours, so I decided to stay overnight at the company. During the morning, I went back to my apartment to take a bath and get a new set of clothes. This happened for the rest of the week.

   (Also, side note: whenever I arrived home during the morning, it just so happened that my neighbor was leaving for work at that hour. While I looked like a mess every single morning, Yugyeom looked like he came out of a fairy tale with his fancy tuxedos. What made it more infuriating was the look he gave me; he would smirk. Yugyeom was aware that he was partially responsible for my appearance and lack of energy, and he was thriving from it. I don’t understand him, to be honest.) 

   Because of that, I haven’t had the chance to call anyone during that time. I’ve gotten texts from Youngjae and Mark and even Bambam (he's not a fan of texting; prefers talking on the phone). Youngjae and Mark have been asking me when I want to meet up with them, but I’ve ignored them for the sake of finishing the documents. I have a feeling that they’ll be angry at me when they hear from me again. 

   As for Bambam… perhaps he’ll be more accepting of it. Bambam has always been more sympathetic than Youngjae ever was. I remember there have been countless times when I’ve screwed up somehow; if I arrived late at our arranged meeting, then Bambam would forgive me after complaining a bit (and buying him ice cream). Bambam was easy to please, whereas Youngjae was a bit difficult to deal with. Youngjae would constantly bring the topic up even when he was over it already. I’ll admit that it was annoying to deal with, but I loved him despite it. 

   I’ve decided that I’ll call Bambam after this. He’s probably curious about how things are going for me so far. I’m also curious about how things are going for him. 

   In any case, I’m exhausted. I can barely keep my eyes open right now, and all I’m thinking about is how my bed looks so inviting. I can say with certainty that I’ll fall asleep instantly the moment I go to bed… 

P.J.

P.S. 

   I think Yugyeom arrived at his apartment right now. From my room, I can hear him walking around, surely preparing himself for a good night’s rest. My foggy brain imagines him going to sleep in the only pair of clothes I’ve seen him in aside tuxedos. The thought made me chuckle as I prepped myself for sleep as well… and oddly enough, Yugyeom’s footsteps are somewhat comforting at this hour (when it should be the opposite). They’re serving me as some type of lullaby to go to sleep… 

   I could get used to this. 

 


A/N: Hi! :D So I've decided that instead of only posting one chapter per week, I'll upload two chapters per week instead. As you may have noticed, these entries tend to be short, therefore progress may be slow (and I don't want that, lol).