Journal Entry #20

fight or flight

Journal entry #20 


 

   Bambam’s furious at me. He finally confronted me about my behavior when I returned to the apartment from work today. It’s not relatively late, but it’s also not relatively early. Under any other circumstances, Bambam would commend me for managing to arrive at a reasonable time for once. Today, however, none of that followed.  

   Bambam and I hadn't fought with each other, nor had he been furious at me before. Sure, we've discussed with each other on ocassions, but they were always relatively dumb squabbles. It's nothing compared to how I’ve seen him behave towards other people when he's outraged, so I know how he acts when he’s like that. That's why trying to resolve conflicts with Bambam when he’s beyond reasoning is something I prefer to avoid because his personality changes entirely. Bambam turns snake like; he’ll corner you with his eyes, make you feel paralyzed and little under his gaze, and then finish you off with his acid like words. I’ve seen people never approach him again afterward in fear of angering him again… and just a few minutes ago, I was on the other side of the end. Bambam tried to get me to disclose information by doing what he always did (and I tried my best to not let him get under my skin), except for one thing. 

   He stomped away.  

   Accompanied by that was the silent treatment. Bambam hadn’t dared to talk to me, much less look at me. It feels like I’ve been reduced to stranger status, but I know better than that. I understood his intentions without him explicitly declaring it to me: that it would continue like this until I explained to him the truth. Furthermore, I know better than to feel sorry for myself, and to be grateful for Bambam for letting me off easy. This had been my fault from the beginning. Our friendship was in danger just because of a secret I kept adamantly to myself when it also concerns him. 

   This could’ve been avoided if I had spoken to him sooner about Yugyeom and me.

   Something I still haven’t done, despite the regret I feel towards Bambam. 

 

P.J.


A/N: Hey, so sorry for the belated update! I honestly forgot to update this story, orz. But here it is! Things are finally starting to take a turn (perhaps for the worse) now that Bambam is fed up with Jinyoung... I wonder what will happen? If you want, comment down below what you think will happen between the three of them! Also, next week's update will probably be the last one for a while, since we're going to catch up with the story... so yeah, heads up! ^^"