Journal Entry #10

fight or flight

Journal entry #10



   After yesterday’s events, today I decided to stay in. It’s been a while since I last did it and I’m glad I did. I couldn’t sleep well last night. Perhaps it would be more accurately said that I didn’t sleep at all… so I wanted to rest today as much as possible. 

   Last night after watching an episode of Danny Phantom, I couldn’t sit still for the life of me. Then suddenly all at once, an epiphany came to me, and I realized with great distress that, even though the opening is catchy and I love the series, I was still repeating Yugyeom’s words in my mind. A sense of urgency ran through me and I desperately needed to do something else, something that would get me distracted from my thoughts. I disliked where my mind was heading towards to, so I paced around my living room, looking around expectantly for something to catch my interest. Amazingly, even admits my inner conflict, I noticed the dust my furniture was starting to have. 

   (I believe I had my priorities set.) 

   I felt disgusted for having neglected cleaning the apartment, so I took out Pledge and a handkerchief that I could use to clean. For extra measure, I used the vacuum cleaner and passed it around every nook and cranny I found; I even moved around my furniture so that I could pass it behind them. The thought of potentially waking Yugyeom up didn’t cross my mind until the damage had been done… but that’s what I dedicated myself to do doing until it was 4 AM. 

   Now, I’m scribbling letters in my bed. I feel worn out, but the sweat is welcome for once. It reminds me of how productive I’ve been for the past hours, and I smile. I’m a workaholic through and through. 

   I’m afraid this entry will be short. There’s not much for me to report except that I don’t want Monday to come. I don’t want to see Yugyeom’s face so soon, not after that confession of his. Besides, I’m falling asleep as I write this… 

 

P. J.