Where I Am

Beyond your eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I…When I first got inside the classroom, my mind was elsewhere, I didn’t care about the new faces and I just saw everyone like a stupid mosquito that kept on buzzing around me. Then, the argument with that guy happened and I got irritated so I left. In my mind, I was just thinking that by showing myself like that all of you were going to stay away from me.” Jessica bit her lower lip and played with her fingers. “I went to the restroom and got inside a stall, I had to calm myself down because I was getting stressed out just by being there with all of their gazes on me. It’s not hard to know that the majority was drooling all over me and it really frustrated me.” The blonde girl let out a sigh and frowned a little. “I was just there finding my inner peace inside the stall when I heard someone else entering the other one next to where I was. I debated with myself to whether step out right that moment or wait until the other person finished when a group of girls came inside laughing and making fun of someone that I didn’t know; they were expressing in a very harsh way about her but it wasn’t new to me, I've heard things a lot worse before.”

They knew what she was referring to, it was about that incident with Suzy and her gang. Sunny almost leaped off her seat with anticipation while Tiffany leaned on the armrest for support. “I couldn’t stand hearing all that crap coming out of their mouths and decided to step out, I walked towards the sink without looking at them and began to wash my hands. I didn’t mind them but they began to mess around with me, I tried to close my ears but they began to talk nonsense about me defending this other girl and so on. I finally lost my control and I totally forgot that I had been holding the sink with one hand just to distract me, I was so pissed that I held the sink with so much force that my hand got printed on it and that’s when all of them became scared and ran away. Seriously, my first day and I had already crossed the line. My mind was troubled and I knew that I had to tell Heechul about it so he could fix the sink as soon as possible, I got so distracted in my thoughts that I totally forgot about the other person in the restroom. The door finally opened and I got anxious, the only thing left to do was to scare her away before she approached and noticed the handprint. That’s why I stared at her from the mirror, I really wasn’t paying attention to her face but I knew that I had startled her, she took a step back and everything happened so fast; she was already on her way to the floor so I quickly held her by the waist. That’s when I noticed the sweet scent like strawberries and her familiar face, she looked a lot like her. She was like a carbon copy of her but at that time I didn’t know that she was her daughter. I felt her hands holding onto me and I let go of her as fast as I could, I wasn’t used to that kind of hold. I guess I was just afraid of being found out because of my body temperature; my condition and my treatments did affect me more by making me look a lot paler than I should be, and adding to that my unnatural cold skin.”

Their mouths were wide opened; they weren’t expecting that. Now they understood were their fear came from, who wouldn’t when seeing someone almost smash a sink with her lone hand. “It’s not that I have a true form but you could say that I do, they saw the real me, what I became. Suzy was the one who was terrified the most and because of that she didn’t bother you anymore. I preferred to be feared than to have people around, that’s why I was rude and along the way I hurt all of you, but mostly Taec. I’m sorry.” Her eyes expressed regret.

Jessi scratched the back of her neck as if doubting to continue her story but in the end she just smiled one more time. “I thought that everything would go back to normal but it didn’t, like many other things in my life. You see, ever since I was given those experimental medicines, I couldn’t sleep anymore. It wasn’t hard because I never felt the need to sleep, I used my night time to go out and relax. That specific night, I was just walking around when I heard something, I saw a man trying to assault a girl and I just couldn't ignore it. I approached them with a hateful look, I wanted to kill him, to rip him apart and feed him to the sharks.” She laughed a little and her pearly white teeth were shown, Fany felt those butterflies in her stomach again. “I guess he read my mind and before I could do something he fell backwards, he ran away and the poor little girl fell to the floor crying. I honestly didn’t know what to do so I just stared at her, kept her company until I heard her mutter something about dog food. I noticed the store behind me and I decided to help her, I was on time because the man there told me they were about to close and I just asked them for a bag of the best dog food they had. I approached her and she was still crying her heart there, because I didn’t know what else to do I just left the food there and walked away. When she finally got up and walked back home I followed her just to make sure she got there safely.” Jessica smiled. “I thought that I was careful enough but she saw me. It wasn’t until the next day when I saw the same girl in the classroom after the incident with a dark skin girl, that I knew that we were classmates.”

Taeyeon felt a lump on , she remembered that day. Jessica saved her without even knowing her first, how more amazing could she be?

“That day, a girl bumped on me and I felt the little blood in me just draining. I couldn’t believe how similar she looked to my sister, I couldn’t move, I was too shocked. When I regained consciousness I was pushed away by the dark girl and then you know what happened. Although, Yuri was lucky, I was this close to snap her in half. I had to go and hide on Heechul’s office for the rest of the day with Seohyun coming to check up on me from time to time.” She laughed. “Then, I was confronted by Nickhun and his friends. I never thought that things would escalated so quickly, I got so mad that I provoked him just to make him pay for what he was doing. I wasn’t going to let him destroy what I had been desperately trying to build on my own, and also I didn’t know what I did for him to explode when Yoona got there.” They remembered that it was because Yoona touched her and got startled by her skin. “My God, I was about to leave when this crazy guy just attacked me and smashed his face on the lockers. I got worried when the smell of blood invaded my nose, so I ran away when everyone was distracted with him. I had to use all my self control to not throw up. Again, I thought no one saw me but I was wrong.

I missed school for a week because I began to feel weird. I had tests taken from Heechul’s research team and that's when we got the news that the Leukemia had almost fully waken up; my body began to drain and I would suddenly fall into deep sleep.” She laughed. “After so long, I could finally sleep again although I couldn’t control it. I began to need more and more amounts of blood just to be able to go through each day because I would eat lesser and lesser.

When I got back, I decided to pay more attention to all of you, I never imagined that the girl from the restroom and the girl from the store were friends. It wasn’t hard to notice the smaller one among all of you, she wasn’t trying to be discreet while she stared at me so hard. I felt observed because the three of you were being too much but I opted to let it pass. Then I exploded against Taec, I knew he didn’t deserve it but I was mad at the way he treated me back then, I was claimed guilty before I even knew what was my crime.”

  Jessica pouted cutely and their souls were almost leaving their bodies. “I really don’t know how everything came to that, I just couldn’t help it when I saw the coach bleeding rivers. Ugh! The smell invaded every space inside my lungs and I had to run away, when I got to Seohyun she took me inside her office and I just couldn’t stop it, I began to throw up blood and I felt weak. She had to give me a transfusion and I guess your heard us talking about me not eating enough. You see, I had to eat more so that when I lost blood it wouldn’t be as deadly. Normally, I prefer O because it helps me feel better sooner than with B. That’s what you heard and I believe that’s also what got you thinking that I was a vampire, I mean I can’t blame you. You also saw me when I exposed myself to the sun back then, I just wanted to feel its warmth for a little bit but I guess I messed up.”

It was such an impact to them, it was like the 7 wonders were being uncovered one by one. Their brains were trying to assimilate everything but her whereabouts were still bothering them.

“That’s when you decided to confront me and well, I guess I thought that I would make you fear me. I chose to lie to you somehow as I told you that I was an Empousa, it felt entertaining just seeing in your faces how you thought that what I was saying was true. I felt relaxed as I watched your bodies trembling with fear, I truly believed that I was done with you but then Taeyeon and Tiffany held me.” Her smile was as bright as the spark on her eyes. “That took me by surprise and when she hugged me I felt scared, she was looking through my mask, she knew I was hurting, but why? I was doing my best for all of you to run away from me and never look back at my face, but she was there and I felt fragile. I gave you one last push and you finally let go. All of you were finally staying away, I was feeling somehow kind of relieved until that damn coach decided to pull me into the sun with him and as a result I got my corneas severely burned but you saved me and I could make it thanks to all of you.” She stretched her arm and caressed the air as if it was them. “You saved my life back then without knowing and that earned Heechul’s and Seo’s gratitude, they even kept on pestering me into letting you in, to open myself to you. Yoona, you also came to see me when I was in the infirmary, you must’ve thought that I had done something to you but I didn’t. You were so drained that you passed out on me.” Yoona then realized that it was her own fault, she had been so preoccupied that she forgot to take care to herself properly.

“I thought a lot about it during those days that I went missing in order for my eyes to get better. I was conscious about the fact that you cared for me, even though I treated all of you like that, you still were there trying to protect me. But I couldn’t, if I did ten you would certainly get hurt later. My time was ticking and there was not much sand left inside my clock, I didn’t want you to get hurt. I know the feeling of losing someone you cherished a lot, someone you cared for, I didn’t want to drag you to my pitiful life.” Her hands became fists. “Then, one night I decided to go out for a walk. I had been feeling a lot better and the weather was nice, I had a hunch that it would rain and I love the feeling of rain drops falling on my skin. I had seen a park before near where I was and decided to go there and wait for the rain to come, to my surprise I wasn’t the only one there.

I saw a group of guys ganging up on some girls, it was too dark for me to see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter