Scars

Beyond your eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At 7:00 pm, Jessica walked inside a white room where Irene was waiting for her. For 3 hours they were locked inside, pretty busy as only a few talks were exchanged here and there.

After they finished, the beautiful Empousa started wearing her blouse again without noticing the other girl’s gaze on her.

“Wow, that Heechul is surely amazing. I can’t even see a glimpse of your scars anymore Sooyeon.” Her hand stretched and touched the girl’s torso. “Hmm, I do feel them though.” She removed her hand from that porcelain-like skin and sat down on the chair while waiting for the girl to finish.

“Well, he can’t do those kinds of miracles. It’s only make up after all. I even told him that he could start selling it and become richer, you know?  But he said that it was made only for me after years of research.” She finished dressing up and sat down in front of her friend. “That guy is so selfish; he has the chance to help a lot of people who are feeling anxious about their scars and he isn't willing to do it.”

Irene laughed a little looking at Jessica’s face in the process, who showed frustration. “You have to understand him. He did all of this for you, so that you can be better. It’s reasonable that he wants to keep it that way. Besides, he’s always been selfish if it’s something that concerns you. He's been like that ever since he met you.”

Jessica stretched a little before taking a peek to the girl in front of her. “I know, but this time it’s different. He can help millions of people, not only me. Wouldn’t it be better for him to give them a little bit of hope?”

Irene smiled to her before taking a picture with her mind of every piece of Jessica’s flawless face. “It would, but remember that everything was done underground. If the government knows about that,  he could go to jail or even worse. It’s better if everything keeps on being hidden for his sake.” Irene saw Jessica’s worried eyes. “I know you worry about humans even though you say you despise them. You have always had a bigger heart than any one of us Sooyeon.”

The said girl looked at her before letting out a faint laugh. “I have no heart anymore Irene, I lost it the moment I died. You can’t see it because the scar isn’t visible right now. Besides, he didn’t have to create something like that for me you know? He's risking too much.” She changed her posture into a more dominant one. “I’m pretty confident with my scars, even with all of them I still look beautiful.” She caressed the part on her chest were her heart was supposed to be. “I’m proud of them, they are proof that I was in the biggest wars of all times and that I lived through all of them.” Jessica smiled proudly.

Irene snickered calling the other girl’s attention. “Yeah, right, Ms. Conceited! Every time I see you, you are always blabbering about those like a grandma.” Jessica threw her a gentle glare. “And about your scars, I don’t know. You aren’t beautiful enough to pull off that look.”

“Hey! This beauty of mine was given by the Gods. I could have been Aphrodite for all you know.” She stood up and walked towards the window looking at the night sky. “You are worried about me leaving soon, right?” Irene remained quiet as she knew she would only cry if she talks. “You shouldn’t be sad; she gave me a chance after all didn’t she? She let me live a lot longer than I was supposed to. Even if it was because of my mom’s pleadings, she was the only one who heard her.” Jessica touched the cold window frame while looking at the beautiful waves disappear in the shore. “I can't stay in this world forever, she made it clear, but I think I lived pretty good. My mom can rest well now, and my sister as w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter