Trusting

Beyond your eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That weekend was horrible for them, they were too sure that when Monday arrive the worst would come. And it did, because Jessica was ignoring them to the point that Taeyeon and Tiffany felt like dying every time Jessica would pass by them without sparing a glance. They wanted so badly to talk to her but what Seohyun told Fany haunted them, that’s why they were keeping their distance for a bit.

Sunny was really worried, her friends looked like a pair of ghosts, Jessica even though she still looked drained, somehow looked in a better shape than before. She knew the moment Jessica arrived late in the morning with the same mask she used when she introduced herself, that Jessica had closed her heart again. But apparently, she was being like that to everyone except for Taecyeon, who greeted Jessica as soon as he saw her and even received a small smile from the latter.

She needed to talk to Jessica, she knew that she was closer in a certain way to her than the others, and that’s why she needed to use that on her favor. But first, she needed to get rid of Fany and Tae to catch the girl alone. She noticed that Taecyeon didn’t leave Jessica; he was by her side all day long, which made everything harder for the midget and the other two couldn’t help but feel jealous of him. For that reason, she decided to try the next day after Yoona and Yuri appeared with the news of two new students in their class.

Even though they were in another class they had tried to low-key talk to Jessica, but she gave them a deaf ear. They knew that Jessica was mad at them as well, so they tried desperately to apologize, with  all their efforts going to the drain each time.

They were excited because Yuri had a plan that involved befriending the new students to approach the girl, which made everyone surprised because it didn’t sound too bad to try it. So, all of them agreed to follow Yuri's idea. 

That day, Jessica and Taecyeon grew closer. Jessica opened up more to him, talking about random things, like what movies Jessica liked and the things both of them were interested in. He was growing fonder of her; she was incredible in all aspects. He got to see that there was a tint of gold in her dark eyes and that when she laughed a little her eyes would turn into crescents just like Tiffany’s, but if you asked him he would said that Jessica’s were his favorites. Yes, he had made a fool of himself with Jessica many times just to see her smile, to ease her heart. He had shown himself to her, with his flaws and his thorns so that she could be more comfortable with him.

He was so worried about Jessica’s health that he asked his mom to teach him how to cook during the weekend, which totally surprised his mom because that good for nothing of a son she had, never once in his life touched a pan. And because he wanted Jessica to get better, he woke up at 3 a.m. to cook the girl Samgyetang (Ginseng Chicken Soup). His mother said that it was the best if someone was sick, helping him prepare the soup. He even cooked some rice and packed some kimchi in 2 cute containers. So, when he asked the girl to join him to eat during lunch, he was so glad that she agreed.

He took Jessica to the school's private garden and lay down a cloth so they could sit.The moment Jessica saw everything that Taecyeon cooked for her she felt really grateful. He looked so innocent explaining that he had cooked for her because she needed to eat better, because he was worried about her. She didn’t know how to thank him, he was always there even though she had treated him badly in the past.

The soup was tasty, it was warm and delicious. She wanted to laugh when she saw him trying to hide the little cuts in his fingers, saying that it was normal because it was the first time he cooked which made him look cuter .Jessica ate as much as she could to not make Taec feel bad, but as she was eating she decided that he deserved to know the truth.

When she was finished she helped Taec cleaning up. “Thank you for everything you have done for me and for everything that you keep doing to help me. I want you to know that I appreciate every single thing, that’s why I want to tell you something. I’m sure that after you listen to what I've to tell you, you are going to see me differently but you deserve to know the truth about me.” That confused Taec, what did she means with the truth about her? He wanted to ask her but she continued talking. “I know that you have questions but please wait, I promise that you will know everything.” She stood up with his help and stared at him for a bit before signaling him to start walking. “Come with me to my apartment after school, I’ll tell you everything there but I need to get something from the infirmary first, okay?” He kept quiet but nodded his head in agreement. He wanted to know what was happening to Jessica, what was she hiding? That’s why after classes ended he agreed to go with her and somehow it was strange seeing her coming back from the infirmary with a heavy black umbrella.

The whole ride to Jessica’s apartment was extremely quiet, he the music to help ease the moment until they arrived, which worked perfectly. Taecyeon noticed that he always passed that neighborhood every time he went back to his house. It was a nice and rich area, so the apartments were surrounded by huge houses and trees.

Jessica’s apartment was on the last floor but it had the best view. Her apartment was huge, mostly white with some minimal taste to it. She offered him some drinks before proceeding to take him to the living room, and getting comfy on the sofas.

Jessica sighed a couple of times making the poor boy even more nervous. She rested her head on the sofa a little before looking back at him. “Taecyeon, what you think you know about me isn’t true, almost everything is a lie. If I tell you this is because you have shown me that you deserve it with your actions but please, I beg you to keep this a secret.” Taecyeon felt his throat dry, he wasn’t getting what she was saying, yet he accepted.

“Taecyeon, I…”

 

Tiffany was hurting, the sight of seeing Jessica leaving with him was horrible. She wanted to follow them but Sunny stopped her, telling her that she needed to act with a cold head so things like before didn’t happen again. She knew she was right, if it happened one more time she would lose Jessica defin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter