Strike Back

Beyond your eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, the girls decided to meet up at the entrance to walk together to the classroom. You could see some students that were wandering in the halls as it wasn’t that early anymore. They were talking about how each of them was going to apologize and in what order to make use of the time wisely until the bell rang. Something caught Tiffany’s eyes, it was Jessica, she was walking towards the old music room making Tiffany follow  her instantly.

“Hey, Fany! Where are you going? We’re supposed to go and apologize to Jessica.” Spoke Taeyeon while Yoona and Sunny stared at Tiffany in bewilderment. 

“I know but I just saw her walking over there. I’ll just go and ask her to please come with me to the classroom.” Tiffany said while turning around. “I won’t take long, so just wait for us there!” She said before taking off running.

“Well, I guess we should just do as she said.” Sunny mumbled.

“Shouldn’t we go after her?” Tae asked while staring at the empty hall.

“No, it’s better if we just give her some time alone with Jessica. She might be able to smooth things out for us a little.” Yoona spoke before resuming her steps.

They were walking quietly towards the classroom. When they arrived, the three of them were confused because there was Jessica sitting in her seat with her face resting on her hands. Sunny suddenly had a bad feeling and decided to call Tiffany.

 

On Tiffany’s side, she had been trying to catch up  with Jessica the whole time but no matter how many times she called her, the girl never turned around. Instead, Jessica went inside the music room closing the door after her, and that’s when she took a glimpse of her face. Jessica was using a white surgical mask, only her empty eyes were visible and they looked way colder than the first time she looked at them. Tiffany felt a shiver run down her spine, freezing her body in place as if it was telling her not to get inside that room. She shook her head trying to ease her nervousness and walked towards the door. Her hand touched that cold metal door knob and just as she was about to turn it, her phone rang making her jump back a little. 

She answered the call without taking her eyes off from that old dusty door. “Hey.”

“Fany, come to the classroom right now. Jessica’s here, she was in the classroom from the beginning.” Spoke Sunny and her eyes opened in horror.

“H-huh? But she’s inside the old music room right now. I just saw her getting in.” Tiffany felt the winter air crawl under her skin.

“You probably mixed her up. Hurry up or else we aren’t going to have enough time.” That made Tiffany react by backing off a little before running all the way to their classroom. As soon as she stepped in, she saw Jessica spacing out. Fany was breathing in a very agitated way making the latter turn to her and lock eyes with the pink freak.

“You’re here.” Tiffany said breathlessly. Her friends approached her hugging her tightly as they weren’t understanding a single thing. Jessica wasn’t giving any reaction as she sat there with her expressionless face.

“Fany, are you okay? Gosh you’re trembling.” Sunny was caressing her back to transfer some warmth to her friend.

“What happened to you? Why are you like this Fany?” Tae was genuinely worried about her.

“I think I just saw a ghost or something along the lines.” The poor girl was pale and because everyone’s attention was on her, nobody noticed the moment Jessica’s mask faltered a little. At the end, they decided that the talk could wait, as for now, calming Tiffany was the priority.

Jessica took out a book and started reading. More classmates were arriving as minutes passed. She was so hooked up in the book that she failed to notice Soo and Hyo arriving, they already knew about what happened from SinB. She had told them how her plan crumbled down because of their phone call, making her hide in that dusty room for the time being. None of the girls mentioned Fany’s incident to them, they actually were acting as if nothing happened.

Taec arrived at the classroom, he was really hyper about something. As soon as he spotted the beautiful girl sitting there with her book on her hands, he kneeled beside her gaining her attention with a curious look.

“Guess what?” Taec asked her with a huge smile plastered on his face. Jessica was about to reply when he cut her off. “Moon Bi, told me that he saw your Doppelgänger walking in the hallway.” He whispered in a low voice.

Jessica stared at him with a raised eyebrow. “Moon Bi?”

Taec hit his head with his hand. “He’s a freshman. We crossed paths in the hall and that’s when he told me about it. He said that at first, he thought it was you but when he passed the classroom on his way towards the library, he saw you sitting there staring off somewhere. And that’s when he freaked out because when he saw you in the hall, you were wearing some sort of white mask on your face, but here you weren’t.” Taec spoke as if it was something to be amazed of. “That’s why he said that it was your Doppelgänger, and told me to not let you meet her.  I seriously don’t remember why he told me about that though.” He said while touching his chin.

Jessica furrowed her brows a little before tapping his forehead lightly. “His eyes must have tricked him.”

“I don’t…Hold you horses! He said that he saw Tiffany following her as well.” He said. “I’ll ask her and we’ll see if what he said was true.” She closed her eyes for a bit before nodding at him.

Hyo and Soo walked out of the classroom heading  back to their own. Yuri was already there talking to one of the girls. They greeted her brightly and sat down. A couple of minutes later, they received a message.

From: SinB

Should I leave for now?

To: SinB

Don’t, the mouse must die today. Keep on hiding there. We’ll give you a chance and send her your way.

From: SinB

Okay, but this place is filthy. Send her soon.

To: SinB

Got it.

“Damn she makes me feel chills even through texts,  Soo.” Said Hyo in a low almost inaudible voice.

Soo smiled and greet Yoona who walked towards Yuri. “That’s one of the reasons why she’s too feared. We need to get the flies away from the prey, they won’t let the cat do its job right.” That earned a giggle from Hyo.

“Lunch will be a perfect time you know, let’s just send Tiffany a note asking her to meet Jessica at the old music room to investigate what she saw in the morning. We can also write in the note that she wants to clear the misunderstandings with her first.” Soo moved her head in agreement. Hyo was quite clever.

 

Lunch break had started already and Tiffany still couldn’t get a grasp on what the hell happened before. She was sure of what she saw but she also had a feeling that the girl wasn’t Jessica even though she looked exactly the same. For some reason, that girl seemed to be a little taller than her beautiful ice princess. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn’t realize the piece of paper that Soo sneakily placed inside her pocked.

SinB was waiting inside that big old room. She knew that it was almost time because of the uproar coming from the hungry students that were heading to the cafeteria. She had prepared a syringe with a drug that was supposed to knock Tiffany out, giving her the chance to set up the scene to make it look like she had tripped and fell onto a broken piano, piercing her chest with the sharp wood that led her to die by blood loss. She had already placed the piano in the perfect position to make it believable, so she was just waiting there for Tiffany to walk through that door.

A few minutes passed, before the door opened and a familiar strawberry scent invaded the whole music room. SinB knew this scent from this morning, it was her. She saw her shadow close the door and lock it, making SinB tense a little. She didn’t have that much time, so she went out of her hiding spot and lunged towards the girl, only to be slammed in the wall with such a force that she was breathless for some seconds.  She tried to regain her breathing when a hand grabbed her by the neck, making it so hard for her to breath once again. Her eyes were closed but when she opened them she gasped. In front of her was no other than Sooyeon, she was looking at her in the most sinister way. She felt her body go numb, her skin turned cold with the other girl’s icy touch. SinB quickly tried to grab a hold of her knife that was hidden in her back, but when Jessica saw through her moves her hold tightened in a menacing way making the Death Angel stop her moves at once. The assassin couldn’t believe her eyes, the girl in front of her was dangerous. It was impossible, there was no one deadlier than her.

Jessica ripped harshly her mask making the girl groan in pain before scrutinizing her face. “Who sent you?” She spoke in the most venomously, but the other one didn’t even flinch. “I asked, who sent you?” Yet SinB remained silent leading the Empousa to lose her self control. With one swift movement, SinB was thrown towards the old piano but she was quick enough to stop herself from falling on it. She was sweating, the other girl turned to her and that’s when the assassin ran towards her with her knife in one hand.

Jessica stood there for a while until the girl was in her reach, she moved quickly making the girl turn to her only to receive a deathly kick to her jaw turning  her body limp. She couldn’t move, her head was throbbing and the only thing she cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter