Lapse of Time

Beyond your eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An alarm was sounding loudly echoing in the room and a groggily hand made its way towards the device to shut it off.

A little bit of light could be seen through the curtains, waking up the owner who sat up on the bed yawning and stretching, rubbing cutely the sleepness away.

Tiffany opened her eyes adjusting herself to the light. The bedroom that was all pink once had now white walls that made a perfect harmony with all the pink objects. The posters of kpop groups that used to adorn those walls were now gone with photographs hung on them instead.

Tiffany stayed still for a minute before letting out a tiring sigh while playing with her now long black hair. She checked her cellphone that she had left forgotten on the bedside table the night before and took a peek at the time that showed 9:45 am. She needed to get ready, it was almost time.

She stood up and stretched once more, her wavy long hair moved freely with her movements. She stopped briefly when she saw her reflection through the mirror. She was more beautiful than before, her body was to die for; those days at the gym were really paying off.

She had changed in so many ways but some things remained the same.

She dressed in some dark blue skinny jeans and an elegant white blouse that hugged her curves perfectly. She added a little bit of make up to portrait a natural look on her face and left her hair down to show how perfect it was. She went down the stairs finding her dad in the kitchen cooking breakfast. He was a handsome man; no wonder Tiffany was beautiful as well. His little bit of white hair was visible as a proof of his aging self. He put their food on two plates while giving his daughter a warm smile.

“You are up princess, I was about to go and wake you up.” He said while placing the plates onto the table, motioning Tiffany to sit, which she did.

“Thank you dad, I set up the alarm just in case.” She took the fork and started eating. “Hmm, the eggs taste really good.” She said giving her dad a beautiful eye smile that earned a grateful smile from him.

“You’re welcome. Are you ready to see her?” He said while munching on some toast.

Tiffany swallowed her bite and smile a little. “Yes, my flight leaves at 12:00.”

Mr. Hwang chuckled a little. “Tell her I say hi, that I’ll visit her soon.” Tiffany laughed a little before resuming her eating.

Time went by pretty fast and now she was boarding the plane. It was until she looked out of the window that she realized that she was going to see her again. Her heart was beating so fast, nervously biting her lip. She took a picture out of her purse and smile tenderly, it was Jessica and her. She took the picture after she accepted their apology.

 

Flashback

All of them were waiting for Taecyeon and Jessica at the empty classroom. Taec had told them that he was going to take the girl to Ms. Seo to get her some blood and then he was going to ask her to come with him to retrieve his bag from the classroom.

Truth be told, their hearts were racing. Tiffany felt a huge lump on , her hands were sweating and her legs slightly shaking.

After what seemed like hours, the door suddenly opened revealing a smirking Taecyeon and a surprised Jessica that stopped from taking another step. The guy felt the girl not moving and so he turned around and pushed the girl inside.

“Jessica, please don’t go.” Spoke Sunny in the spur of the moment surprising the latter. “We want to apologize for what happened before, it was our mistake because we didn’t do anything to defend you. You’re someone we hold dearly, you came to our life to show us how magical it is…”

“You protected us since the beginning, caring for us, saving us. You lighten up our life, we don’t care what you are or what you did. You are what we see now…” Interrupted Yoona.

“We’ll protect you from now, we’ll make you happy, we’ll show you everything that you’ve been missing out. It doesn’t matter how many years you’ve lived, how much pain you’ve felt, it’ll be gone we promise. We’ll make everything worth it…” Cut Taeyeon.

“You’re worth it, I was stupid for treating you the way I did. I didn’t know what happened with me, but I’ll prefer to get my tongue cut off before hurting you again. You’re someone that I don’t want to hurt, so please don’t ever leave again. Please don't be mad at us, please don't hate me.” Tiffany said without noticing the tears that rolled out of her eyes. Her eyes shone in hope that the emotionless girl that was in front of them would react but her eyes only lingered on hers.

Jessica let out a deep sigh. “What took you so long?” After she said that, she offered them a gentle smile that made all of the girls cry in relief before clinging onto Jessica. 

Tiffany’s heart felt like exploding, she was so happy that she hugged her tightly making the other girls let go of her. She hid her face on the crook of her neck. Oh, how she missed that vanilla scent. “Don’t go…” Those words came out as a whisper that only both of them heard. Jessica returned the hug in silence. “I never left…” She answered making Fany let out a whimper.

“Let’s take a picture together!” Sunny said while taking out a Polaroid, ruining their moment. “It’s my mom’s but I brought it to commemorate this day.” She spoke while taking a picture of a distracted Yoona. Everybody was amazed when the picture started coming out.

“Woah! That’s amazing! I still look as beautiful as ever!” Said Yoona while looking at the picture. “Come on! Let’s take a lot of pictures together!”

The rest of the afternoon was about laughing and taking pictures. Tiffany would constantly stare at her crush who was either talking or smiling, totally missing the way TaeTae was holding her arm as if she was afraid of Jessica leaving.

Tiffany took the chance when the others were trying to choose where they wanted to eat. She walked shyly towards the girl who was looking at her phone with the camera in one hand.

“Jess” She spoke softly making the girl look up instantly. “Can you please take a picture with me?” She was thankful that she didn’t stutter, but she was going to any moment from now.

“Sure” The latter answered curtly while standing up to get near Tiffany.

Tiffany felt her ears burning as she felt Jessica by her side. Slowly, she placed the polaroid in a way that both of them were in the frame. She smiled making her eyes disappear and took the picture. When she saw it, she noticed that Jessica eye smiled along with her and she looked beautiful.

Jessica took the polaroid out of her hand and held it. She turned to look at tiffany making the girl turn to her as well. She was surprised. There was still some place between them but the way they both were stari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter