CHAPTER 07: SEVENTEEN 24/7 DAY CARE

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

Told you, I'll be back! haha!

Hello my fellow Carats! Enjoy this chaos, since we are all stranded in our houses. I miss the boys and this is all I can do for them... Also, a pleasure to have you who's reading this. Enjoy!

 

Stay safe!

>>>

 

RESET

 

CHAPTER 07: SEVENTEEN 24/7 DAY CARE

 

That night, after all the activities, everyone fell asleep except one. Although he was sleepy, Jeonghan couldn’t just reach into his dreams. He tossed and turned while DK embracing Joshua in their tight sleep on the floor remained unbothered.

 

He went to the kitchen and did everything he could just to keep him busy, so that he could waste his energy somehow. He even went outside alone just to buy some yummy snacks to the nearest convenient store. Later on, as he went back to bed, Jeonghan tried to be discreet as possible bringing all his favorite yogurt snack to his room. When unfortunately, he tripped himself from a chord. He didn’t know how the hell it’s there. The only thing it could possibly there was maybe its from one of his guardians, bumped his shin hard on the wooden borders of his bed.

 

“Ackh!” folding his body on the bed while the snack dropped recklessly on the two, right on their faces and all over their body, causing for them to wake up. One snack even shoot on DK’s wide open mouth. He almost choked, but managed to save his life by waking up and shouting.

 

Ya!” Joshua scolded as he was totally surprised of DK’s high pitched voice right directly to his ears, he almost gone deaf.

 

It’s so loud. Seungkwan woke up first, following Hoshi then, Minghao, Jun, Dino and Vernon. Lights were turning on with an annoyed murmurs. “What was that?”

 

“Sorry. Sorry.” Jeonghan apologized with his body still curling because the pain sank into his bones so bad.

 

“What happened?” Joshua asked calmly.

 

“No. I just bumped my legs on the bed. Go back to sleep.”

 

On the other hand, DK was currently wondering how snacks went into his mouth. Moreover, he never saw these things before. If he could, he would have eaten it. “Hyung, did you went out by yourself?”

 

“Ah-“ Jeonghan was paralyzed by that question, plus, Joshua’s gazes were so sharp like lazers and moving wasn’t an option.

 

“You went out alone?” asked Joshua sternly.

 

“It’s just near.”

 

“Jeonghan. I thought we were clear on this? Just this one.” Joshua reminded.

 

“Yeah. I’m sorry, but you are sleeping tight. I don’t want to disturb you.” Looking at Joshua, thinking what he could possibly do to calm the young man down. “You want some snacks? I also bought yogurt ice cream. It’s inside the ref.” he offered awkwardly while perspiring. Joshua’s eyes were gentle but when he gets annoyed which was seldom, it’s scary.

 

“No going out alone, Jeonghan. Especially not after an attack.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

“Hyung, you okay?” asked DK

 

“Yeah.” When he showed his shin, it had bruise on it.

 

Joshua sighed heavily. “Gosh, Jeonghan.”

 

“Sorry, Shua. Won’t happen again.”

 

“DK, please get some ice.”

 

DK immediately got up and do what he had to do, but before he left “Hyung, can I have ice cream too?”

 

“Yeah. Please bring it out. Let’s eat together since you are already awake.”

 

When they were alone, Jeonghan was nervous because he thought that Joshua would shout at him. It was quiet, though, Joshua seemed calm checking on the first aid kit because he had scratches due to the wood edge.

 

“Sorry, Shua.”

 

“That’s fine. I’m sorry I have to scold you on this.”

 

“I understand.”

 

“Just one person. Let it be me or anyone whom you prefer.”

 

“Are you mad at me?”

 

Joshua smiled. “Ya. Why are you asking me like you are a toddler? Well, what should I expect? This is a hell lot more than a kinder garten. Maybe a zoo of baby animals.” He giggled.

 

Jeonghan was left speechless. One, it’s because he didn’t know that Joshua couldn’t be angered in any way. He’s just strict. Or maybe if your sin would be grave. He’s too patient. And the second one that takes him breathless was Joshua’s sweet smile on his handsome face.

 

“Can’t sleep?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Let’s have an ice cream.”

 

“Yeah.” Still confused on the man treating him.

 

Meanwhile, all the boys that was disturbed by DK’s loud shout gathered at their mini bar after seeing DK scooping ice cream without calling them.

.

.

.

On the other dorm where most of their masculine members were residing were up too. But in different case. They haven’t slept yet. Why? It is because their leader S. Coups was having a very high fever. They couldn’t call their managers because they thought that it would be late to call them.

 

They discovered his fever when Seungcheol passed out while getting his towel to go to bath late night after 4 members who were too slow taking their luxurious shower. It was pass 12 when it happened. The boys who were there acted in panic, including Woozi. It’s his first time seeing him pass out after a long time. Actually, they never saw him pass out.

 

Mingyu and Wonwoo tried to carry their leader back to his bed. They were lacking hand at the moment because two of their members were upstairs with Jeonghan. They never expected that they would be into a crisis that night.

 

Seungcheol was seen taking heavy breathes and in pain. He was all red and hot. They had no thermometer. They assumed that it was on the 2nd dorm since Jeonghan was there. They have their own medication kit but it seemed nothing had left for painkiller or something appropriate for fever.

 

“We have to buy medicine.” Said Mingyu.

 

“Yeah. And we have to call the managers.” Added Wownoo.

 

“You won’t call them. It’s already late.” Seungcheol commanded firmly given his pained and hoarse voice.

 

“We need to let them know.” Argued Woozi.

 

“It’s just a fever.”

 

“No, hyung. You passed out!” Added Woozi. “You two get a medicine from the pharmacy. Make it fast. I will stay here.”

 

“Check his temperature first.” Wonwoo instructed.

 

“Get it upstairs. I believe it’s in there.” Said Jihoon.

 

“They might be asleep, Jihoonie. Rest is enough. No going out. It’s already night.”

 

“Let’s just try, hyung. They might be still awake. Vernon would.” Said Mingyu.

 

“Yeah. Go ahead.” Jihoon’s go signal to the two.

 

“Wait. I think I saw it somewhere.” Wonwoo interrupted as he began searching all over the cabinets and it was found at the comfort room. They did not know who and how it was in there, but thank goodness it’s there. Hoping that it would work still.

 

Jihoon was left alone with Seungcheol, while the other two ran errands. And had the list of what to buy. They’d even buy food for the sick leader plus the patch being put on someone’s forehead to lessen the heat.

 

One ran to a supermarket, which was Mingyu because he knows what to get, while Wonwoo went to the pharmacy. Since they weren’t so sure what to buy, they asked the pharmacist instead. No problem with that. It’s part of their job to recommend meds.

 

Mingyu finished first. He called his hyung to wait for him at the pharmacy where he was dropped. They were still on their pajamas but they looked so cool on it so its fine. Though, the bear print on the puppy’s clothing called attention. Fortunately, no one shops that late night but some night workers.

 

Mingyu went to fetch Wonwoo. Too bad while walking down the street the rain fell abruptly. Meanie didn’t have umbrella because how would they predict things in panic. Moreover, they don’t bring umbrellas. What for? It’s summer and it hardly rains. Why now? Damn!

 

“Hyung, we need to find shelter first.” The tall puppy suggested.

 

“Not important. How about hyung?”

 

“Yeah, but how do you think we can carry these stuffs without getting wet.” Presenting a grocery on a thin paper bag and some of the ingredients like powder in a craft packaging couldn’t go wet.

 

“Cover it with your body. What’s your body for?” the usual Wonwoo answered.

 

“This hyung.” Mingyu scoffed with a little annoyance.

 

Looking outside. “It’s getting stronger, hyung.” Seeing a sudden shower of rain fall 2 times the volume than the previous one.

 

The two kept on arguing whether to sacrifice themselves or stay a little from sickness, it’s up to them.

 

On the contrary, Jihoon was quite lonely with Seungcheol. He was worried even though with a straight face, especially when the two were taking too long and that Seungcheol was starting to shake like he’s having a convulsion.

 

Jihoon rapidly covered Seungcheol with the blanket. After a while, seeing that Seungcheol’s coldness wasn’t going away. He put another layer and another layer. For a moment, Seungcheol became stable. Unfortunately it just raised another problem. With 5 heavy comforters on him, he couldn’t breathe.

 

“I cannot breathe. I feel heavy.” Seungcheol muttered.

 

Jihoon panicked because he’s causing another problem. He immediately took out three of them. “You still cold, hyung?” he asked innocently.

 

Seungcheol nodded helplessly.

 

“You are shaking.” Said the little man.

 

“Just rest. Don’t mind me.”

 

Jihoon was left no other choice. Jihoon rang Joshua’s phone because he needed help. But before Joshua pick up, Seungcheol grunted “Stop disturbing somebody. I’ll be fine.”

 

“You will not get better if you will refuse help, hyung.” Jihoon scolded.

 

Still shaking and now wasn’t able to report back, Jihoon made way to comfort their poor leader. He opened the blanket, lay beside Seungcheol and hugged him so tight. Feeling that he was so hot, he worried. “I will call Shua Hyung right now.”

 

“Don’t get near me.” Seungcheol whispered with all he got.

 

“Look at you! You’re scorching hot!” Embraced Seungcheol more with all the capacity of his little frame. Then, he called Joshua this time. No one’s going to scold at him because Seungcheol couldn’t speak more.

 

“Hyung!” Jihoon called.

 

“Why? Aren’t you asleep yet?” replied Joshua.

 

“Are you busy?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Come down. Seungcheol hyung has a very high fever. He’s shuddering. I don’t know what to do.”

 

Joshua panicked still with his phone on his ears. He ran towards the door forgetting to inform the others what was currently happening. They just went to follow because it seemed an emergency.

 

“Go get an ambulance Hoon-ah. Be right there.”

 

The other’s followed because it seemed terrible. Later on, the dorm downstairs were filled with people causing noise that disturbed Seungcheol making him more stressed than ever.

 

“Hoon-ah~” Jeonghan searching.

 

“I’m here.” Spoke the little man getting covered with a comforter because his height was just enough for the blanket to eat him whole. He was perspiring then, but he couldn’t go just yet because he’s worried.

 

Jeonghan tried to find him, but it took him a while. And he couldn’t have found him without him saying where he is. “Under the blanket.” The other instructed. Jeonghan took out the blanket at the other side, finding a cute hooman clinging on their poor leader.

 

“There you are little monster.” Jeonghan grinned teasing the other.

 

“Not funny, hyung.”

 

Even so, Jeonghan giggled. “Come here. You are free now. We already called the doctor.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Doctor Eric.” Jeonghan informed as he was the only person they’d call in case they didn’t know what to do. Besides, he just came from the airport, actually he was home when he received a message asking what to do with a person having convulsions. The good doctor made his call to go because it would be a mess if he’d entrusted it to the boys. He’s quite near, so he could just walk. But it was raining heavily, so he needed to get at least a cab with the extra apparatuses for Jeonghan and their newly formulated vitamins for him and for the kids as well. It’s still in a form of jelly because he noticed that it would be perfect for them, taking it as a snack rather than as a form of medicine. It’s well taken by the way, so Dr. Eric didn’t have the problem feeding them. Seungkwan was the one who asked where to buy those jellies because Vernon, Mingyu and the others forget their vitamins ever since they bought a regular one.

 

“C’mon out now. You’d be getting a fever if you do not go out there.” Reminded Jeonghan.

.

.

.

Wonwoo and Mingyu by that time, turn into different opinions now. It’s reversed. Now, it’s Mingyu who wanted to go and get soaked at the rain, while Wonwoo wanted to see if the rain would get a little weak.

 

They seemed to understand each other, but still seemed not to match their ideas at the same time. They’re still arguing until they reached the point that they’re willing to do what they want without considering the others.

 

“I’m going.” Stated Mingyu wrapping the goods that could be saved by his pajamas, while Wonwoo didn’t even care.

 

Mingyu walked a few steps with his long legs with slouched upper body to protect the groceries. He didn’t notice that he was too much concentrated with the things he had than himself. Upon stepping a little farther, since it’s night and nobody would ever thought that someone would have just cross the streets recklessly, a fast approaching motor came beeping as fast and loud as he could after seeing a tall man about to cross the streets.

 

A hand pulled him from the back. Resulting to a crash on the wall which contains random trash of woods and containers, also with some left overs. Thank goodness, it wasn’t a really smelly and grave crash. Although they might have accumulated a scent from the left overs. Unfortunately, a grunt made Mingyu aware of the things happening in their regular pace. It’s been a while since the tall puppy went on slow motion because of the things happened so fast.

 

Poor Wonwoo got crashed by a big tall puppy. “Ya. Get out. You keep crashing on me lately. You’re heavy, you know.” Wonwoo muttered in annoyance.

 

“Sorry. Sorry, hyung. You alright?”

 

“Unless you get off me, I will be.” said the other.

 

Immediately, Mingyu moved out and rescued his hyung who hurt himself from rescuing a friend. He helped the poor man from the crash and pick the medicine which dropped on the floor together with the groceries. Thank goodness it didn’t get damaged at all.

 

“We need to go home now.” Said Mingyu because he assumed that Wonwoo hit himself so bad. “I’m really sorry, hyung.”

 

“Be careful next time. You almost got hit.”

 

“You? How about you?”

 

“Fine. Let’s go now. I guess the rain isn’t going to stop any time soon.”

 

“Hurting somewhere?”

 

“At the back, but not so serious.”

 

The other was very apologetic. “I’m really sorry, hyung.”

 

“Just get out and have ourselves home because Seungcheol hyung might be chilling right now. Cook the samgyetang immediately.”

.

.

.

Inside their house_

 

“They are late.” Worried Jihoon watching the door open. It’s been long minutes since they’ve gone to the supermarket and to the pharmacy. It won’t usually take too much time, but Jihoon understood that it rained, so probably they were stuck in the middle of somewhere.

 

After a few moments, Jihoon decided to go out instead to fetch them, bringing two more umbrellas because the rain doesn’t stop. Someone opened the door. Jihoon found two large soaked chicks by the water rain.

 

“Oh!”

 

“Oh, hyung!”

 

Joshua and Seungkwan had the chance to peek what’s happening and noticed that they were both wet. “Take a shower and change your clothes.”

 

Minghao got a dry towel for the both of them and threw it precisely to their heads.

 

“Hyung, do we have the first aid kit?” asked Mingyu to Joshua.

 

“Yes. Why?” Any one hurt?”

 

“Wonwoo hyung got hurt because of me.” He looked at the other’s back and saw a large bruise particularly on the upper right corner of the back. “Oh no!” he shouted.

 

“Why?” asked the others.

 

“He got a big bruise.”

 

Minghao and Jun get what they had to and rescued Wonwoo and Mingyu.

 

“Take a shower first so you wont-“ Joshua haven’t finished his sentence when both of them sneezed in sync.

 

“-sick.” Joshua then, sighed. “Now, you are sick. Go get a warm shower, you both.”

 

Jun tapped and pushed them together while undressing them forcibly.

 

“We can do it, Jun.” reminded Wonwoo.

 

“No. You need help.” Continued what he’s doing. Wonwoo just stood still and let Jun be his hands and body at the same time. Wonwoo did nothing to get in the bath. Mingyu was scrubbing so hard while Jun was scrubbing Wonwoo as light as possible like he was a baby.

 

“I can do it, Jun.” said Wonwoo one other time.

 

“No. Let me help.”

 

“You’re not bathing me like a baby don’t you?”

 

“No. I’m just being careful.”

 

“Yeah. The bacteria doesn’t go away with that. I feel nothing, Jun.” complained Wonwoo.

 

“Oh.” Jun chuckled. “How hard would you want me to do it?” asked the other.

 

“Scrub mine too.” Interrupted Mingyu.

 

“Alright. After I’m finish with Wonwoo.”

 

“Y’all shut the hell up!” Shouted Jihoon from the outside

 

The three were startled and was clueless why Jihoon was getting mad at them all of a sudden. “Sorry. What happened?” asked the innocent Jun.

 

“Just get the hell outta there fast!”

 

“Are you gonna poop?” asked the other innocent man, not really, but that time it was his innocence rulling- Mingyu.

 

“Aw! You are rubbing too much! It hurts. Take it slow.” Exclaimed Wonwoo finding Jun’s hand works so harsh to his skin.

 

“Oh sorry. Alright, then. You told me to get hard!” he argued.

 

“Yeah, but it doesn’t mean to peel off some skin, you idiot.” Scolded Wonwoo. Then, Jun giggled. “Do it with Mingyu. I’ll handle myself.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

Meanwhile, Jihoon who was feeling so bad maybe because he acquired some virus already from keeping Coups warm, plus the noises that possibly meant many ways- not intended but the conversation in the bathroom sounded like anomaly though Jihoon knows. But it’s still bothersome, now that Vernon paused in front of him with enlarged eyes- bothered.

 

“What was that?” asked the blank Vernon.

 

“That’s nothing. Don’t mind them.” Protecting a dongsaeng from being influenced by unintended misunderstanding.

 

“Why are they all inside one bathroom?”

 

“Aw! You! Come here! I’ll let you have a taste! Hyung!” Mingyu ranted so loud while chasing Jun who was now all wet with bubbles.

 

The others were disturbed and all went to the unknown chaos inside a little bathroom. Joshua was the one who came near and confront the three of them. He opened the door without difficulties, as he know that these guys don’t know how to lock the door while using the bathroom.

 

“Ya! Get yourself rinsed already! Stop messing around.” Reprimanded Joshua at once.

 

The three largest puppies in the group became tame and did what Joshua had ordered. “Gosh! What a bunch of kids.” Seungkwan sighed.

 

Jeonghan on the other hand, came late witnessing only Joshua scolding their towers. He giggled seeing that they would and will ever be dongsaeng, especially to Joshua whom they mostly listened too. He’s gentle but quite strict. You’d get scared of him because he rarely get angry. Now that he does, the boys would freak out.

 

It alerted Jeonghan, however with the bruise on Wonwoo’s back since they only have towels with them.  “Wonwoo, what happened?”

 

“Nothing, hyung. Just a big truck crashed on me earlier.”

 

“Truck?! You got hit?”

 

“Yeah.” With a wonderful smile on his face and thought that his bruise did him a favor because it called Jeonghan’s attention- full attention- and caressed him like a baby.

 

Jun and Mingyu were on their lazer eyes getting envious with what they’re witnessing.

 

“Mingyu, our Samgyetang.” Reminded Wonwoo. “I’m chilling.”

 

Jeonghan did check their temperature. “Ya! You are hot! Why is everybody getting a fever?” he checked Mingyu too. Thankfully Jun wasn’t infected. And his radar brought him to Jihoon. Well, since he got himself stuck with S.Coups for a couple of minutes. Enough to get some virus from him.

 

“Go to bed!” Jeonghan ordered them. They had to use Wonwoo’s bed because it was the nearest and also a place that they could see them carefully.

 

“I will cook Samgyetang.” Mingyu stated.

 

“No. We’ll cook it.”

 

“You sure?” with their eyes wide open.

 

Jeonghan paused and thought of himself as well. He’s assessing if he could offer a good dish to the sick people. And yes, he didn’t know how. “Yeah. Just-“ looking around. “Anyone knows how to cook Samgyetang?”

 

“Me.” Volunteered DK.

 

“Alright. I can help.”

 

“Umm…” DK was doubting him too.

 

“Just order me what to do.”

 

“Maybe I can help.” Said Joshua.

 

“I’ll try.” Added Jun.

 

Hoshi, on the other hand, had just completely awaken from his half asleep state. He was disturbed on how chaotic they could be in one place. Minghao stopped right in front of him, cupped his cheeks and squeeze it gently. “You okay?” asking like he’s way older than his hyung.

 

Hoshi nodded. “What is happening?”

 

No one could explain things when someone rang the doorbell as they ordered. “Hoshi, go and get the door. Ask who it is first.” Reminded Jeonghan, busy carrying a cold bucket going to their Leader’s room like Hoshi was an infant.

 

“Yeeees~” the younger answered.

 

“Aigoo, very cute~” Jeonghan murmured.

 

Hoshi stood by the door. He asked first who the person was before opening. It was Dr. Eric! The younger gave him a tight embrace because it’s been a long time after seeing him again.

 

“Doc! How are you?”

 

“Fine.” The other replied. “You?”

 

“I’m fine, thank you.” Answered with enthusiasm.

 

“Here. I got lots of things and food for all of you.” Giving out the other souvenirs, food, and a large container containing their vitamins. “I need some help with my apparatuses. I left them downstairs.”

 

“Oh! Wait.” Hoshi put everything on the table and asked Vernon, Minghao, Dino, Jun and whoever might help them.

 

English time again! It was early in the morning, considering that they haven’t have sleep yet, to be on a bloody (English) battle that dawn. It felt so hot inside. Why was that? Because, their bodies were being tortured inside. They struggled with communication but, they’re invincible. Whenever they wanted to tell something, either Doc. Eric would guess it, or they’d show it through gestures. What a cute bunch of kids. They sure never grow up that fast unlike ordinary people. He’s glad that he met Peter Pan’s relatives in Korea.

 

Doctor Eric examined the other kids, then, last was Jeonghan because he seemed fine. A few instructions translated by Joshua and they were down.

 

The total body count of casualties were 6, almost half of them down. Seungcheol, Wonwoo, Mingyu, Jun Jihoon, and last but not the least- Joshua.

 

“Why did I get sick?” he asked himself with regret. Well no doubt, anyone of them might get sick because of their weak immune systems. Five of them were lying at the living room, though, Seungcheol was special. His convulsion did him numerous vomiting and stomach ache due to it. Seungcheol’s fever haven’t had gone low, so Eric suggested that he should be brought to the hospital if this situation was continuous for the reason that it wasn’t just an ordinary flu.

 

“How long have he’s been sick?” asked the doctor.

 

Now that he asked, nobody knows when. “We- we actually didn’t notice.” Answered Seungkwan. Finally, they’ve patched things up. Jihoon thought that Seungcheol might have been drinking medicine for flu for quite a while since he found nothing in their first aid kit when there should be one sheet of complete set of medicine.

 

“He must have taken those secretly.” Jihoon murmured.

 

“Is that why we have no supply?” asked Mingyu.

 

“I think so.”

 

“So, Seungcheol has been sick for quite a while now.” Asasumed Doctor. “We need to bring to the hospital just to be sure. He might have been dehydrated by now.” Looking at the pale boy lying with his frowning expression even while in sleep.

 

“We didn’t know.” Murmured Jeonghan and thought the effort he did during his attack worsen it. “I didn’t even notice.” He thought to himself worriedly, while remembering the embrace he gave him for a good night sleep just a few hours ago.

 

“Let’s bring him to the hospital.” Doctor Eric asked the members if they could help him with Seungcheol.

.

.

.

Seungcheol was hospitalized due to the dehydration. He was put on a private room with his dextrose on. Though, he’d be free to go after two bags because when they examined him, his immune system was really down.

 

“Joshua… could you look out for the others?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“I’ll stay here.” Said Joshua. “I asked Seungkwan to look after them.” Feeling guilty that he didn’t notice Seungcheol was having difficulties when they live in the same dorm.

 

Looking so guilty, the twins looked at each other unexpectedly. It caught them off guard. They both smiled with guilt, thus they share one emotion. “I didn’t notice.” They uttered both. “I feel guilty.” They added without a chance of being with the different opinion.

 

They laughed.

 

“Guess we don’t need to say more.” Joshua said.

 

“Yeah. Next time, we better look for each other meticulously.”

 

“I agree.”

 

“And why did you come anyway? You are sick.”

 

“I’d rather move around. Besides, I feel kind of tired.” He giggled.

 

“Then, you should go home.” Recommended Jeonghan.

 

“Nope. Better be here. It’s peaceful here.” He chuckled “I just need a little rest.”

 

“Then why not upstairs?”

 

“Can’t. It’s lonely.” Joshua smiled.

 

“I won’t win this, won’t I?” chuckled Jeonghan.

 

“Nope. Never. Can I borrow your shoulders for a while?”

 

“Sure.”

 

Joshua leaned himself to take a break from the chaos they had earlier. Joshua managed to take a nap on Jeonghan’s shoulder and the other could feel his temperature going through his clothing. “You are hot.” Jeonghan murmured while feeling the other man’s neck.

 

Jeonghan sighed and said “This is hell a’lot of work.” He smiled to himself. “I’m glad I know them. Hope I’d remember them faster too.” Remembering how people cry to him whether in his dreams and in person.

 

“Guess, I need more energy to a large cute day care center 24/7.” Jeonghan chuckled.

.

.

.

DK was singing. Along with the rhythm were pillows- pillows thrown to him because the sick people were disturbed with his loud voice.