CHAPTER 12: COMPULSORY

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

RESET

 

CHAPTER 12: COMPULSORY

 

The next day, Jeonghan thought of taking a break since his next date wasn’t present. Moreover, it was clear on the sweet threat he received from the younger, that I’d be not so good if he skipped on him. He’d get upset, that’s for sure.  Jeonghan was helping Seungcheol with his duties running their schedules to everyone. Besides, Seungkwan wasn’t that feeling well as he said that his head still aches from yesterday. Jeonghan reprimanded him from continuing his routine, even so, he wasn’t compelled to. Seungkwan received a numerous sermon from their eldest line and believed that it caused an additional head ache for him.

 

Jeonghan and Seungcheol was just back from running the errands and responsibilities they had to with work, while Joshua volunteered to have an eye to Seungkwan because the two others were very soft on him and he wouldn’t let Seungkwan play with their hearts. He let himself strict unlike the other two for Seungkwan’s sake. Now, Seungkwan was with Joshua in their dorm.

 

In dorm 1_

 

Seungcheol was scanning their assignments. He saw that Mingyu and Seungkwan got lots of offers and thought he should talk to them because, as of the current situation, they were the ones who have the most guesting and work among all of them. It wasn’t envy he’s feeling but while he’s checking their schedules, it was full already. The two volunteered to do these upcoming project for promotion. It was necessary in order for them to gain more viewers and to reach their dreams. However, the problem was, the offers were over flowing right now. Seungcheol was afraid for their health.

 

Thankfully, Jeonghan was there to help him sort it all out. They distributed the roles to the other members who they think could do it. They call and negotiate with the producers of the show from the moment they woke up, so it would be clean by the end of the day.

 

Meanwhile, Mingyu came home from a late night shooting. Wonwoo greeted him coldly because he was so disturbed on reading. Jihoon wasn’t there because he had work for another group. DK was with his Excalibur team.

 

“I’m back!” seeing Jeonghan made him so hyper although he’s very tired. He was actually carrying a box of chicken. All he need to do was to cook rice and ramyeon with kimchi. They had cola so everything was set.

 

“Welcome back!” greeted Jeonghan quite energetically based on his low stamina profile.

 

“Hello! I have chicken with me.”

 

“Then, share it. Cook rice too. We don’t have much left.” Said Wonwoo coldly.

 

“I just came home.” Mingyu whined.

 

“It’s not my expertise, you know that.” Defended Wonwoo.

 

Well, he got a point. Mingyu would rather be tired, eat a well cooked rice and rest afterwards rather than having either porridge or little rocks on his mouth. That would make so much difference. Mingyu cooked. Everyone ate, even the ones who’s upstairs. Though, Joshua tried to fill up their stomachs with the best that he could. But anyway, the chicken sounds nice, besides the ramyeon was cooked by their noodle chef, so why not give it a bite?

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol and the others decided to do whatever was left and that’s washing the dishes and cleaning the dorm and let Mingyu take his shower to let him rest.

 

Everyone was cleaning in dorm 1 first, which had not much of dirt they clean it every once in a while. Actually, Mingyu does that almost every day. After a while, Jeonghan was carrying plates he found inside DK’s room. Those plates were from yesterday which he forgot to clean up. Usual habit. Jeonghan had it to the kitchen, only to see Mingyu half-, basically just came out from the shower, brushing his teeth because someone had an urgent business to do in the bathroom that comes first eventually.

 

On the other hand, Jeonghan, seeing him from a far stopped. Why? Because something flashed back from his memory. Guess what? Among all the scenes they were together. Among all the moments that they fought like cats and dogs, the thing that he remembered seeing that gorgeous sun kissed body was--- the intense kissing scene they had before which causes a big fight or rather a cold war from each other. It wasn’t just a quick flashback. It was a detailed remembrance, so intensely sweet. Rough and quite aggressive. It was a taste of heaven on earth, is it? The passion was different than Jeonghan could imagine a sweet guy like Mingyu could possibly do. Worst is, it felt like it just happen. The trails of those kisses onto his own lips was as good as they just kissed at the moment.

 

Jeonghan was surprised about it, obviously. He was so shock he mistakably slid the plate out of his hands as he loses grip and fall backwards.

 

As soon as the sound cracked all over the place, boys wearing pink apron holding their own cleaning materials immediately responded, finding where and why they heard that sound.

 

On the other hand, the man who were only present when that happened rushed towards Jeonghan as soon as he could to scoop him out of a predicted terrible accident. Mingyu managed to carry Jeonghan after he tripped on a cable of their lamp that was actively opened that time and Mingyu might have saw that it sparked right before their eyes. Jeonghan was now safe from the fall, but who knows if there was a ground on the floor. Plus, Mingyu was put into danger too, in addition to his wounded feet from the broken plates.

 

“Sorry.” Jeonghan stated on their current unconventional situation. With him leaning on the wall next to Mingyu leaning towards him unstably. The tall man only had his one arms to support two bodies and one feet because it was impossible for him to press the other foot hard from the ground now since it’s wounded.

 

“What happened? Did you feel dizzy?” thanks to his muscle he could hold up longer than he could before.

 

“I-I” embarrassed of what he remembered, not even sure if it was true or a fantasy. “I had a head ache. That’s- that’s all. Sorry.”

 

“I see.” Very troubled in their position. It’s not the position really, but how they could get out.

 

Luckily, the others came out with a kind of unpleasant view from their perspective.

 

“Yaaaa! What’s the meaning of this?” screamed Seungcheol violently as he walked faster towards them.

 

“Don’t come!” shouted Mingyu who was currently struggling in their case.

 

Seungcheol was startled, so he stopped. “What the hell are you doing?”

 

“Sorry. It was my fault.” Jeonghan replied who was now clinging on Mingyu’s body like a sloth since Mingyu instructed him to do so, so that he would gain more balance rather than supporting two bodies with one functioning limb. Well, it reads another thought to the members who see. It’s more of a sensual and personal activity that should be done in private. Goodness!

 

“Why the hell are you in that position?” asked Seungcheol again.

 

“Hyung, wear slippers. Can you turn off the black box for a while?” instructed Mingyu.

 

“Why?” asked Joshua who was more likely the most open minded among all that’s seen in that kind of mess. However, the thought. It’s really different. Geez!

 

“The lamp sparked. The electric wire was torn apart. If there’s ground, it’d be dangerous. I’m on a rag so don’t mind me. Just get things done as fast as you can. Please clean the pieces of plates too.”

 

“I’m sorry, it’s my fault.”

 

First things first before the Q&A. People got to work cleaning the mess Jeonghan had done as quick as possible because Mingyu couldn’t hold up no more, besides, he’s bleeding that the white rag turned out half red already at the center like Japan’s flag.

 

Jeonghan put on slippers so he could go down safely. While Wonwoo and Seungcheol assisted Mingyu. Seungkwan got the first aid while Joshua examines Jeonghan since Mingyu told them that his head ached, so Jeonghan was currently on the hot seat because Joshua was the one examining him from inside out. Jeonghan had nothing to say because he lied. He’s in trouble and he knows it, but how the hell he’s got that memory? He couldn’t even ask if that was real because obviously, it’s an awkward topic to start with.

 

“Hey, you promised that you will tell everything to us, Jeonghan.” Reminded Joshua.

 

“Yeah. You don’t have to worry. I’m fine.”

 

“You look pale, hyung.” Said Seungkwan. “You sure you are okay?” Seungkwan adding the pressure on him without knowing.

 

“Yeah.” Jeonghan forced a smile. “Maybe I just need a rest.” Of course, he felt like his blood rushed around his veins after recalling such a scandalous scene. Now, he’s biting his lips and wondering if it was true or not.

 

Joshua gave up. He knew Jeonghan wouldn’t speak. “Alright. Just update anyone of us or ask us anything you need.”

 

“Sure. Thank you. I feel sorry for Mingyu.”

 

“I’ll check him up.” Volunteered Joshua.

 

The others were still cleaning on the crime scene with handkerchiefs tied around their heads. They were so focused at cleaning, making sure that no piece of glass was left on the floor because they were traumatized after seeing Mingyu with too much blood like he’s dying or what.

 

“Everything okay?” asked Joshua to DK who was very keen looking at the possible residue on the floor. He called Soon Young and Vernon to help him out. Dino was tasked to dispose the big chunk of garbage downstairs.

 

“We hope so. Just wear your slippers for a while. We’ll repeat the cleaning later.”

 

“Have you seen Jihoon?” asked Joshua since he hasn’t seen him.

 

The other replied. “He went to the recording studio for some work.”

 

“And DK, I thought you are in your practice with the musical?” asked Soon Young very suspicious on why DK was present in their dorm.

 

“I just came back when I saw Mingyu carried by Coups hyung and Wonwoo hyung like a warrior injured in a battle. Can somebody tell me what exactly happened?”

 

“Later, buddy. Just finish the clean up first. Where is the tall puppy?” asked Joshua.

 

“At the living room.”

 

Joshua went to the living room to see how Mingyu was being treated. He was surprised and also got scared on how things were happening there.

 

He saw Mingyu on the couch. That’s normal. The next thing was weird and the other more was weirder and kind of- DANGEROUS.

 

First weird thing: Mingyu was on his blindfold; Second, Mingyu’s foot was aided with ice which was normal. It was resting on Seungcheol’s thighs. Also normal. The weird thing was, Wonwoo had this type of rubber which medics uses in tying a part of the body to either see a vein for injection or stop the bleeding. Wonwoo was tying that blue rubber on Mingyu’s thigh as tight as he could with his feeble body. Vernon was seen there holding a pale full of water washing the other’s foot full of blood. When the problem wasn’t solved, and the blood seemed not stopping and it was traumatizing to see such continuous and fast flow of blood from a person, Seungcheol started browsing the morphine just as Wonwoo said after watching medical procedure in Youtube. They searched about how to kill pain since Mingyu was whining. It was completely a misunderstanding between the paramedTEEN and the patient. The truth was, Mingyu was whining because of how his friends would handle the situation and not because of the pain. He whined because he’s scared especially when he was blind folded. It automatically dictated some bad things to happen. Once the morphine searched on their first aid box, he gave it to Wonwoo because he didn’t have the courage to inject it. Wonwoo, on the other hand, bravely took it looking expert and confident. Meanwhile Vernon was preparing the needle- the curve one usually used in wound stitching. He was so serious putting the metal string on it, so they were ready to go any minute to save their friend.

 

Realizing that they could kill a member Joshua shouted “Ya!” then he immediately ran towards them and took everything away from the boys that could possibly hurt them. They’re like kids, really. Joshua became frustrated. “What are you guys doing?” he said angrily. “You’ll kill Mingyu!”

 

With those statements, Mingyu became more scared. “What are you going to do with me?” he said trembling, holding Vernon’s hand.

 

“Get that blind fold off MIngyu’s face and call the manager so we can drive him to the hospital. Tsk!” he went to steal the ice from Seungcheol’s hand like a mother from a child. “I don’t know what to do with you.” He sighed as he changed position with Seungcheol.

 

Wonwoo was taking out the blindfold in panic because Joshua got mad. He rarely does and if he do, it scares him.

 

“That rubber too.” Seeing Mingyu’s feet getting paler, and now, with a violet tint.

 

Again, Wonwoo took it out, though he had a difficulty because he thought that he tied it a little tighter as how it should be. Vernon, on the other hand, took a pair of scissors and volunteered to solve the problem. Joshua noticed and scolded him as well.

 

“You better take that off without cutting Mingyu’s skin. These dorks!” he grunted as he pressed the pressure on Mingyu’s feet. He wasn’t expecting Wonwoo doing such crazy things with them. He thought he was on another level above all, but guess he had this malfunction that day. Or maybe some idiots influenced him so bad for the past few years that they were together. Though, Wonwoo was looking dreadfully worried because of the blood. Seungcheol was an obvious one and went completely crazy about it. Vernon remained indifferent like the usual but seemed like his mind wasn’t working so well that day too.

 

“Have you called somebody?” asked Joshua.

 

“Yeah. We called an ambulance.” Said Seungcheol.

 

“Ambulance?” Joshua frowned. Aigoo, these idiots really screwed up that day. He had nothing to do but sigh for the mess his team mates had done that day.

 

“Why?”

 

“You went too far, but-“ another sigh before continuing his sentence. “Fine. That’ll do.” Checking Mingyu’s feet still bleeding, Joshua thought he needed to be stitched like Vernon was about to do.

 

When help came, Mingyu was brought to the hospital for stitching. The other’s panicked at first because they thought Mingyu was dying already. Geez, Joshua was so tired and frustrated that day. He never thought this day would come and now he couldn’t measure the disaster they’re making. Jihoon rushed home after receiving a panic call from Dino after seeing ambulance in front of their home. He said that Mingyu was brought to the hospital with the ambulance. He was relieved that it was just a minor injury, but the time he came in to their dorm smelling like blood with the pale of a completely red tint on it, his senses brought him panic again. Aside from that, he saw multiple rags in red which he didn’t recall they have that strong colored red as a towel plus a big furry rag with the red on it. Seungkwan together with Hoshi and DK were bringing them into their laundry to wash as soon as possible before it’d become permanent.

 

“What is this? Did you murder somebody?” not to mention Seungcheol washing the floor with tissue this time so it wouldn’t be bothersome to wash. Wonwoo was taking off the sheets of his bed because that’s where they put Mingyu first and blood stains were clearly visible on the hem of the bedsheets. Vernon, on the other hand, was getting soap and fabric conditioner to scent the room to remove the fishy smell.

 

“We can get suspected of killing someone with too much blood on it.” Woozi worried with his enlarged eyes.

 

“Mingyu lost a lot of blood.” Seungcheol explained.

 

“I can see that.” Looking all around where the blood prints were visible.

 

Vernon was assigned to wash the floor.

 

“What happened?”

 

DK went peaking from the laundry room to hear whatever Seungcheol had to explain. Hoshi too.

 

When everything was explained, everything was clear now. Joshua was the one who accompanied Mingyu. Jeonghan was forcibly put to rest just inside any of their rooms while the chaos was still happening. He couldn’t rest completely with the ruckus though, and he couldn’t stop thinking of the trouble he had caused and that mysterious memory he recovered. He eventually fell asleep because of the tiredness thinking of some problematic things.

 

Mingyu went back with Joshua in a couple of hours and the room was dazzling clean. Also, it smells nice. It has been a while since they changed the cover of their sheets on the living room. Now, it’s new and clean. They’ve also changed the curtains for goodness sake just to match the new cover which was actually nice and comfortable.

 

“The makeover is nice.” Mingyu uttered.

 

“How are you?” asked Seungcheol with Wonwoo anticipating the tall puppy’s answer.

 

“Got some stitches.” Mingyu answered while showing his large foot to them.

 

“The doctor recovered a chunk inside his foot. He took it out quick and then, he stitched him.” added Joshua completing the whole statement.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan was in another world, dreaming. His dream was about love. Some were pleasant, some were hurtful. Some were funny, some were adorable. He dreamt of 12 version of bitter sweet love in his dreams as if he’s a different person in each scenes. Later on, he dreamt of a bad dream. It was a man with unknown face and a cloak as dark as the pits of hell. He became scared and ran away as fast as he could until he dropped on the floor and that’s when he woke up in a big jolt almost making him sit straight on the bed. Extreme breathing was experienced by the poor young man after a supposedly rest. He went perspiring as if it was real. Then, a few moments, he realized that it was just a dream. He stood up and soon found out that it was dinner.

 

“Oh hyung!” Hoshi called. “Come on and eat.”

 

Meanwhile, Mingyu was preparing another plate for Jeonghan, there he sat with everybody to eat.

 

“How was your sleep?” asked Joshua.

 

“It was kind of weird. I think I had nightmares at the end though I can’t remember what I dreamt about before that.”

 

“It’s gonna be okay.” Encouraged Seungcheol.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Here you go.” said Mingyu giving him his soup and then the side dishes and finally the main course.

 

“Thanks.” Though Jeonghan had this blush. Now he remembered an awkward thing that might be and was possible a real memory because he now had recalled the first part of his dream which was about Mingyu. Aside from that kiss that flashed earlier, he saw another series. Geez! Of all things, why that? Though remembering the sensation all over again, getting better and better as he’d remember another scene was kind of outrageous. Why not remember the sweet things first. Though, he slightly remembered a part when Seungcheol and him was by the door. In his dream, he remembered Seungcheol getting close to him, offering a big and warm hug. Well, that’s sweet. But anyway, moving to the hardest part, Jeonghan tried to eat as normal as he could.

 

Meanwhile, Manager Jeon rang the bell and Dino went to open it. Jun and Minghao was finally back after an overnight without them. Minghao was seen with numerous big paper bags and Jun doesn’t really care to help. They couldn’t see Minghao at first because he was buried along with the paper bags.

 

“Good evening!” greeted Jun then realizing that he should have helped his friend carrying his things since he only had few in his hands. “Let me hold some for you.”

 

Minghao displayed an annoyed face. “Enough. I’m fine now. Thanks for asking.” Said with sarcasm.

 

Junhui just giggled it out and continued walking, passing Minghao by. On the other hand, Minghao was in disbelief. "Geez! This guy.” Frowning his forehead more.

 

Junhui joined them in the dining table and scooped food from the pot as if he didn’t eat for days.

 

“Ya. Did they starve you to death?” said Jihoon beside him.

 

Junhui laughed “I ate a lot there. But I miss home cooking so much.”

 

“It had just been a day, Jun.” added Hoshi.

 

“Yeah. And I miss it! I’m craving for these, thankfully I get them as soon as I came home.”

 

Meanwhile, Minghao was busy getting something before going to eat. He delivered roses to them one by one.

 

“What’s happened to you?” Wonwoo suspiciously accepted the beautiful single rose handed by Minghao to them.

 

“I have to be fair to everyone because I’d like to give everyone a gift.” Said Minghao with his fair judgement.

 

“You are so sweet hyung.” Said Seungkwan after receiving an unusual gift to be given to men like them. “Let me kiss you.” Pouting his lips to suggest that he really mean what he said. Minghao looked at him like he’s contemplating if he’d receive it or not. Seungkwan’s lips was suspended for a while. The younger could already feel that his lips were getting dry.

 

“Hyung, do you want it? I can feel my lips dry.” Seungkwan said still with his pouting lips.

 

Minghao didn’t say something, but because he’s kind enough, he took it. He moved towards Seungkwan with his cheeks ready. Meanwhile, one was suspiciously looking at them and it was Vernon. He felt chills because it felt weird. Minghao? Minghao receiving a kiss? Quite fresh in their sight.

 

Seungcheol received it. “Thanks.” With his gummy smile as he wondered what the hell was happening at the moment. Why was Minghao delivering flowers? Was there anything they might have missed? An anniversary? His birthday? What?

 

“Any event Minghao?” asked Seungcheol finally.

 

“Nothing. I would like to give this to Jeonghan hyung for our date, but I thought of you guys.” He said coolly.

 

“Aw, sweet!” said DK and Hoshi wiggling their body like happy worms in the water. Larvae if the word called it.

 

Finally giving it to Hoshi who screech as discreet as possible, but he couldn’t. Minghao heard a little sharp sound destroying his eardrums in that matter, but when Hoshi pushed his lips forward indicating for a kiss waiting for him, Minghao smiled and voluntarily leaned towards him without doubt. No wonder Minghao had this adoration on how cute his HYUNG was. It was the reciprocal when it comes to the both of them. Minghao was the Hyung and Soon Young was the Dongsaeng.

 

Jun had them too and offered Minghao an annoying hug, but luckily he loved being with his food right now so he stopped as soon as possible before Minghao could grab a fork to pierce his neck. Then, his final stop- to Jeonghan.

 

Unlike anybody else, he took the same item but this time in numerous count with some pretty arrangement like the most expensive bouquet in a flower shop someone could avail. It was beautifully arrange with different colors of flowers. The most expensive looking was those angel’s breath surrounding different beautiful flowers. Golden ribbon was the finishing touches. Moreover, he also gave him a 70% chocolate bar which appeared to be enormous.

 

He was fair. Yes. Was he? What? How was that supposed to be fair? Everyone was looking so disappointed on how fair Minghao could be that time. He’s normally super fair but now… how fair could he be?

 

Jeonghan was surprised. He suddenly forgot all the bad dreams he had because of this wonderful, quite sudden and unusual gift. “Thank you.”

 

Meanwhile the other was in great shock. They couldn’t even get over looking and comparing what they’ve got compared to Jeonghan.

 

“How was this fair? Don’t misunderstand me hyung but the amount shows me that in fact the difference was huge.” Seungkwan protested.

 

“The roses are edible except the middle part. Those are made of chocolates. I had one and planned to give that to Jeonghan hyung on our date, but I thought of you guys should have a taste. I just want you to taste it because it’s good. But to Jeonghan hyung, it’s kind of different because we’re having a date soon. Seems fair to me.”

 

“Aigoo.” Seungkwan became shocked and later on laughed. “Thanks for this hyung.”

 

“You’re welcome.” With a wink on it.

 

“We’ll enjoy eating this rose.” although Seungkwan had a little suspicion on it. “It looks so real though.”

 

Meanwhile the foolish kids started to examine it as they took it out of the box. Since they didn’t want to ruin the rose, they started eating the trunk. It was hard and kind of juicy.

 

“Why does it have to taste like a real organic thing?” said DK.

 

Really?” Hoshi tried and had the same reaction. “I thought you said it is made of chocolate?”

 

Minghao then checked what they have been eating and saw that they were eating the trunk, the other happened to eat the leaves first which was Seungkwan because it looked so soft. Guess what? It tasted like vegetable.

 

“Is this a vegetarian chocolate?” Said Seungkwan with a sour face.

 

Later on, Vernon and Dino got curious and tried them as well because they wanted to know how a vegetarian chocolate would taste like. And was there a chocolate called vegetarian chocolate? Chocolates are kind of fruit so it was originally a vegetarian kind of cuisine. Unless someone wouldn’t like a dairy intake. That person should go to another option like dark choco or whatever. Anyway, the two youngest followed. Actually they were completely blown away and actually believed that it was a ‘Vegetarian Chocolate.’ Oh god! Seventeen are jesters.

 

Minghao was seen in his low energy with a so done facial expression while hearing the other becoming curious and all. “What did I say?”

 

“That this is good.” Answered the playful Junhui.

 

“Aigoo.” Managing his temper not to go up high as the empire state building. “I said that the roses are edible, right?”

 

Then, that’s when they realized that the one they’re eating right now was a real trunk and in the middle was the real rosebud that gives a real rose scent to the chocolate.

 

“ooooohhhh~” said them with the lowest of their tone.

 

Some of them were laughing at the ones who already ate it like a fool.

 

“You didn’t tell us earlier.”

 

Minghao energy was depleted. “What to do with you guys?”

 

“I almost believed and eat it.” Added Mingyu.

 

“I am not surprised, Mingyu.” Said the others including Minghao.

 

Mingyu pouted while everyone laughed out loud to their own antics. Anyway, Minghao asked if they could continue their date tomorrow because he’s been thinking of it while he’s away and he was itching to go out with him because the others who came earlier than him said that it was much fun with each theme Jeonghan had got for all of them.

 

“Just tell me when you plan to date.”

 

“Tomorrow. But maybe we’ll get out a little late. We can spend our time until morning so you have time to sleep.” Replied Jeonghan.

 

“I see. But are you okay with the time?”

 

“Yeah. It’s best when it’s night for your theme.” Said Jeonghan excitedly making the others anticipate whatever Jeonghan had prepared for them in their turn.

 

“Then, I’ll get prepared by lunch.”

 

“That’ll do.”

 

_______

 

Hallloooo! I know this was short. Still, I hope you enjoy it. Keep streaming with our Seventeen's new MV.  :D