CHAPTER 26: Traces

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

RESET

 

CHAPTER 26: Traces

 

Jeonghan awoke by night and there’s a lot to recognize. People were still waiting for their turn when Jihoon saw him right after his bath. Passing through Jeonghan, the angel followed the citrusy sweet smelling young boy.

 

“Smelling lovely.” Said Jeonghan which surprised the other.

 

The boy smiled yet said no words in his delight.

The other members were calling for dinner. But of course, Jeonghan was the only Dorm 2 person in it thinking that he belongs there for some reason. The residence of Dorm 1 featuring Jeonghan had gathered for their dinner. Jeonghan sat beside the freshly bathe Jihoonie and smell the sweetness in his scent.

 

“Boy, Jeonghan-ah, you really like sniffing around.” Seungcheol observed looking at Jeonghan who was busy passing the condiments and sniffing Jihoon like a baby at the same time.

 

The boys were amazed on how Jihoon took it like a normal thing for him. DK was even speechless. Geez! Jeonghan’s power was different. He’s so lucky having that permission from their Jihoonie, mind him. While Joshua said “I think, Jihoonie does that for survival.” And giggled.

 

After the meal, Jihoon went straight to the office just to help Bumzu record. It’s work again. Jeonghan tag along, feeling that he had time and energy to do so. So, when they were in the recording studio, Jeonghan couldn’t resist smelling the younger like it’s his addiction.

 

Bumzu, on the recording studio noticed. He was too distracted he couldn’t get the note, Jihoon told him, right. Jihoon pressed that red button and asked. “Hyung, is there anything wrong?”

 

The fact that Jeonghan was clinging on Jihoonie’s neck freely at the moment wasn’t that distracting enough… Jihoon, nonetheless, taking the behavior casually. Bumzu was dumbfounded by the question because he knew, above all, Jihoon doesn’t want any kind of affection more than seconds long skinship.

 

“T-that doesn’t bother you?” asked the older confusingly.

 

Meanwhile Jihoon answered “The what?” acting like Jeonghan’s not bothering him at all.

 

“That-“ pointing at Jeonghan and his behavior. “I mean, is Jeonghan okay? Or it’s you who are not fine?”

 

Jihoon chuckled. “What are you talking about? Let’s proceed, hyung.” Referring to the recording.

 

Again, speechless, Bumzu tried to concentrate since Jihoon was fine with it. It that’s what he wants. Besides, his smile was telling that he’s liking Jeonghan’s affection that much. You rarely see those endearing smile on Jihoon’s face, so be it, but he’s going to have a hard time to concentrate.

.

.

.

Back home, again at Dorm 1, DK was ever so alert with the door. Seeing that both of his hyungs were home, he jumped out the couch and embraced Jeonghan lovingly. “Hyung! Please recognize me very well. Are you sleepy?”

 

“Oh!” Jeonghan giggled surprised by DK’s action. “I’m not feeling sleepy yet. You?”

 

“Not yet. Do you want to play?” DK invited.

 

“Sure!” Jeonghan agreed. However, when Jeonghan lie to bed while waiting for DK to get their board game, his eyes felt heavy. Although, he’s not completely asleep yet, DK saw what would happen next. Well, playing that late night wasn’t going to be interesting anyway. He smiled and dived into Jeonghan’s arms merrily.

 

“Let’s sleep well, hyung.” Greeted DK with a gentle kiss on Jeonghan’s cheeks.

 

Jeonghan smiled like a child receiving the affection and replied. “Good night.” Opening his arms to tuck DK on his arms.

 

Joshua was looking upon them, kind of jealous but with a smile on his face as he remembered something.

<<

 

When Jeonghan was seen sleeping alone on the couch after Seungcheol left him there because of some errands, Joshua carried him to his room like kidnapping the most beautiful princess in the world. “Let’s sleep in my room Jeonghan.” He whispered. Meanwhile DK who was just cleaning himself because he spotted Jeonghan first and was claiming the chance that night, wasn’t aware that Joshua had already stolen his princess.

 

He ran to the people inside the house and ask where Jeonghan was but it was not needed since he saw in his very own eyes the betrayal Joshua did. He told him already and still betrayed him. “Hyuuuuung~ It’s my turn.” As he whined.

 

“Yeah. Can’t resist though. Good night DK. Love you. I promise… tomorrow, buddy. Thanks!”

 

“Aigoo.” Upset, he murmured “I was the one who found him.”

 

Joshua felt wrecked since DK has a pure heart and people abuse it, just like what he did. “I’m sorry DK. I promise I will not interrupt you tomorrow… Just give me this because I am the third eldest.”

 

DK nodded in agreement. “Alright.” Still upset but Joshua excuse seemed a good one.

 

Joshua giggled. “Thank you. I miss him so bad.”

 

DK nodded in silence. Joshua felt how he feels, it’s just that he wanted to be selfish this time.

 

“I owe you one, cutie pie. Smile now. You are making me the bad one.”

 

Since Joshua seemed so serious with his request with both Jeonghan and him, he obeyed willingly and played along like he usually does as he crunched his nose cutely.

 

“Aigoo, Cutie pie.”

 

<<< End of Flashback_

 

Jeonghan wasn’t sleeping yet. He was curious on how tall the other’s nose was and peaked a bit saying “I like your nose.”

 

DK, on the other hand, was surprised because he never said that. And nobody say things like that to strangers, in DK’s case, in their first meeting. ‘Another first’ for Jeonghan.

 

“What’s with my nose?”

 

“You look handsome on it.”

 

DK was surprised. He was shocked. “And without it?” asked him curiously, even anxiously.

 

“You are still a great person with those smile. I see you handsome every time you smile.” Said Jeonghan who seemed not in himself that moment. Like a floating angel who just love praising people since he’s half asleep. Although you could tell, he’s serious with it.

 

“You serious, hyung?” with his eyes wide open.

 

Ignoring DK’s question, Jeonghan immediately jumped on “Mister, you’ve got a great smell. You smell familiar.“ cutting his words as he got nearer, discovering the scent of the person in front of him.

 

Meanwhile, DK embraced him, tucked him tightly inside his body with warmth, also with tenderness.

 

“Here you go.”

 

“You-“ a sudden stop made DK curious.

 

“What?”

 

“You put on a baby powder, DK?” hitting the right move to make Jeonghan remember him quickly. But that wasn’t intended. It was to impress Jeonghan smelling wonderful and youthful.

 

“Why do you keep on pointing that out everytime, hyung? Do you hate it?” DK suddenly remembered that Jeonghan scolded him for putting on the baby powder during a taping.

 

“Oh- it’s just- it’s just covering your scent, DK. Besides, you’re a big boy now.”

 

“You remember me now?” with delight, DK smiled.

 

Jeonghan nodded when suddenly he uttered “Did you just kiss me?” as if it really happened that time.

 

Oh dear. Those were scandalous words accusing the other. Seungcheol passed by hearing it and it made him come near and demand for an answer just by his fiery eyes.

 

“No hyung. I didn’t. I just embrace him.”

 

Jeonghan was concentrating that time. “Oh-“  having said a mistake because he remembered the first kiss he had with DK the last time he was alone without his vision. “No. I think I-“

 

“Just don’t mind it.” Said DK in hurry and relief.

 

“Remembered things.” Continued Jeonghan.

 

Seungcheol looked at DK knowing that he was doing that too with Jeonghan. It wasn’t unfair. He does that all the time when he had the chance back then. He couldn’t blame DK. Jeonghan that time, as Seungcheol remembered, didn’t kiss back. Well, except from one time only just before he got too bad with his health.

 

“Are you telling me you remember things now? You still know me right?” asked Seungcheol who was checking if they were still good.

 

“Of course I do.”

 

What a relief. “How about the boys in dorm 2?”

 

“Who?”

 

“Let’s go there now, hyung.” As DK dragged the older up to the 2nd dorm.

 

Seungkwan opened it. “Oh! Wanna eat?”

 

“You are eating again?” asked Seungcheol coming along with the two others.

 

“Just tteokbokki.”

 

“Do you have more?” asked DK. “I may dig in a little.”

 

“How about Jeonghanie hyung.”

 

Jeonghan was all concentrating again. When he went in, it felt strange. Then the first thing he smelled was wine. “It smells like Minghao.” Stated him.

 

“Minghao!” Jeonghan shouted. “You’re drinking again?” knocking only but the wrong door.

 

Soon Young opened the door with wet hair, who obviously had shower. “Oh, hyung!”

 

“Oh! What a fluffy person.” Stated Jeonghan aloud.

 

“Hyung.” DK called. “Why are you so loud right now? I thought you were sleepy?”

 

“Jeonghan-ah, are you aware that you are saying that aloud?” cleared Seungcheol.

 

“Why?” Jeonghan became flustered. “Did you hear it?” and blushed.

 

“Aigoo.” Sighed Seungcheol.

 

Meanwhile, Soon Young said “Thank you, hyung. I am always curious what’s on your mind, especially with me, but it’s a relief knowing that you’re saying even good things about me in your mind.”

 

“Oh that’s nothing. You are really cute.”

 

“Hyung!” Dino called. Observing that their hamster took a bath again. “You took a bath again?”

 

Jun was rolling while laughing. “You are too conscious.”

 

“I am. Coz no one could tell when will Jeonghanie hyung wants to smell me.” The boy giggled.

 

Well, Jeonghan was dying to know everybody. And the only one could help him was his sense of smell. Since Hoshi is fresh, why not know him now. “May I?”

 

Soon Young smiled widely with his cute and fluffy cheeks. He opened his arms very widely to welcome Jeonghan in his arms. Jeonghan smiled and ran to that fluffy person. Soon Young smelled so fresh like a kid fresh from farm. Not in a bad way, it’s just that, he smelled so nature-y, if Jeonghan could describe it right. He remembered the smell of babies when they just drink their milk. “You smell so fresh, Soon Youngie. Can we sleep together?”

 

“Oh, that’s an invitation I can never decline.” Laughed heartily by the younger.

 

Not again that Jeonghan would get stolen from him, s DK defended his position. “It was my turn tonight.”

 

Jeonghan remembered. “Oh! Yeah. Sorry, honey. Tomorrow.”

 

“How about my turn?” asked MInghao.

 

“One by one, guys.” Organized Jun.

 

Meanwhile, Vernon who was with his food walking around Jeonghan fancied knowing how Jeonghan could recognize each of them by just smell. Now, he’s calculating on how their hyung could recognize him easy. He’s got to extract the Vernon perfume well, he thought. He got in to his room and search for an item who has the most Vernon scent on it. There, he saw his bonnet, grabbed it and wore it on Jeonghan’s head.   

 

“What are you doing?” asked Dino to Vernon.

 

“And this may help.” Answered the other.

 

Vernon thought that his clothes have his scent all over it even though it’s washed. He remembered the films where dogs sniff on a person’s belongings to find people. So, he thought it may help.

 

“Nice idea!” said Seungkwan.

 

“Did you wash your hat?” asked Seungkwan, suspecting that it wasn’t washed.

 

“Nope.” Said Vernon boldly.

 

Minghao was disgusted and yelled “Ya! Can you at least put the recent washed ones?”

 

“No. I don’t wash my caps often.” With a serious and no care face.

 

“Geez.” Everybody sighed.

 

Jeonghan took the bonnet and slightly, cautiously smelled it.

 

“Ya!” Seungcheol stole it immediately.

 

“Aigoo. Why did you smell it?” Minghao shook his head and sighed heavily.

 

“It smelled like.”

 

Jun was closely listening. “I’m curious.”

 

“It smells like –“

 

“Hyung we know.” Dino clicking his tongue to express his disappointment.

 

“It smells like ice cream.” Said Jeonghan.

 

Vernon was amazed on how Jeonghan guessed where he went last with that hat. “How did you know?”

 

“I don’t know. It smells like vanilla ice cream.”

 

“Omo!” Vernon was really surprised and amazed. Even the flavor of the ice cream he had that time was also guessed correctly.

 

“Did he guess it, right?” asked Jun fondly. Then, now, he took his t-shirt off his dirty rack and got close to the shaman inside their house.

 

Seungcheol noticed, and because that was a different story, he scolded Jun immediately. “You return that to where it belong.” He threatened. Jun crawled back to where he got that thing. And on to his new one. Jun ran to his closet and took another clothing which was a scarf and covered it onto Jeonghan’s neck gently.

 

“Here you go.”

 

“Ya!” shouted Jeonghan.

 

Jun was surprised with a giggle. “There. You knew me right away.”

 

People were troubled on what thing Jun lend Jeonghan that he reacted so fast and not to mention, he kind of remembered Jun in his tone. That was definitely a strong scent making Jeonghan scream with those words.

 

“I told you to wash this.”

 

“I did.”

 

“What is it?” asked DK curiously while the others were just listening because they had the same question in mind.

 

“It’s an old t-shirt. I turned it into a supposed to be a good scarf or something else.”

 

“Aigoo, Jun.” sighed Jeonghan.

 

“What’s in it?” the others were scared of what they’re about to know because JUN is different.

 

“Jun put a weird deodorant he bought. It’s too weird to smell. And definitely not a good use for deodorant.” Jeonghan grunted. “The smell is too strong and leaves stains on the armpit.”

 

Jun was chuckling when he said “It left an orange color in my armpit too. Took a while to remove it.”

 

“Woah! That’s too powerful.” Seungkwan said in disbelief.

 

“Where did you buy that stupid thing? Asked Minghao directly.

 

“I bought it from China last time. The old lady says it stays longer than the others in the market.”

 

“Yeah. Sure it did.” Dino breathed heavily.

 

Meanwhile, Vernon said “Daebak!”

 

“I even helped him out because the stain won’t really go away for days.” Stated Jeonghan.

 

“Aigoo.”

 

“Next time, check it first.” Advised Seungkwan.

 

“Yeah. I gave one to each of you.”

 

“Uh-Oh!” exclaimed almost all in the room and said in unison

 

“YA!”

 

They now remembered a gift Jun handed out to everybody when he came from China the other time. He never missed a member. He gave it with stuffs such as socks and other organic teas and munchies.

 

The others haven’t used them yet since they have still one. That’s a relief. However, the ones who have already used it were troubled. There were varieties of scent such as lychee, lemon, raspberry, strawberry, cocoa, orange, and other new ones as to be seen in such kind of product. The deodorant comes with fancy colors and it delighted Jun. However, nobody told him that people would have slightly permanent skin color change if they used it.

 

One person in that room was definitely fond of the lychee flavor he was hand in. He used it immediately and still using it. It has pinkish color and he loved the smell. Luckily for him, it wasn’t that of an orange like Jun had.

 

“Really?” One victim shouted.

 

“Looks like we have the first victim here.” Jeonghan spotted the man quickly. But of course, how could he not be.

 

“Let me see.” Jeonghan asked Soon Young to raise his arms for inspection. Soon Young raised his arms obediently and there was a strong color of red on his pale skin.

 

“Oh dear.” Seungcheol expressed his sorry for the poor man… and for himself.

 

“Hyung, looks like someone stabbed you.” Dino declared while examining his hyung’s armpit.

 

“What should I do?” Seungcheol was left speechless as Dino raised his armpit revealing a little pinkish color. People delivered their sympathies to their leader. “It smells really good though.” Seungcheol sighed thinking about his raspberry scented deodorant he adored since Jun gave it to him as a gift.

 

“It lasted for days with me.” Testified the first user which was Jun. “But the smell is lasting like what the grandma told me.” Laughing his heart out.

 

“Ya! Moon Junhui! You wanna die right now?” reacted Soon Young violently.

 

“Sorry. I didn’t know. I mean I didn’t ask. No one said it was like a tattoo in the process.” Apologized Jun still laughing his heart out.

 

Jeonghan was laughing, as well as, the others. But one man was noticed with a forced laughter and it was Vernon. He’s too obvious.

 

“Ya.” Soon Young called. “You used it too, right?”

 

Minghao leaned to smell Vernon, and it hit him really hard with a refreshing scent. “You smelled like a zest of a lemon, bro.” Minghao teased with his little laughs.

 

“It’s fine.” Defended Vernon with a flushed face.

 

Dino was dying with laughter on the floor. Also the others but DK. He was quiet too, although laughing, he got his heart rate raising imagining how he could remove those things out off his skin later. Seungcheol then, thought that someone may have been hiding the fact that they’ve already used the deodorant to escape the embarrassment. He started sniffing everyone’s underarms and boom. “Found one!” said Seungcheol. “What’s the scent this time, DK?” teased the older.

 

“Hyung!” embarrassedly shouted by DK. “I’m trying to be calm in the middle of a great storm.”

 

“You hold it really well.” Complimented Minghao with a smirk so annoying.

 

“Cut that smile out, Hao.” Looking cutely offended with that. “This is so embarrassing.” Looking sharply at Jun. “You should have told me, hyung!”

 

“Sorry, I forgot. I still have its mark on my underarms, you know.” Jun was laughing at himself showing his underarm to the world with pride.

 

Seungcheol couldn’t stop laughing. He assumed that people have been using it by now because it’s been a while since they’ve gone and buy their toiletries. He was really thrilled knowing who among them became victims. “Let’s see in our place.”

 

The boys went out and told everybody else about their situation, Mingyu immediately reacted. “Ya! You should’ve told us that!”

 

Jihoon had an ‘Oh.’ Which meaning was kind of unknown to all. Wonwoo, on the other hand, was spacing out. It was unclear if he was of not caring type or in a near death experience learning what they’ve revealed. Meanwhile, Joshua was displaying his soft chuckles, putting him in the situation of great intrigue of which side he was on.

 

DK was one sure victim. While Mingyu just admitted that he was one. People were still wondering who the people to laugh at.

 

“What scent did you get Mingyu?” asked the one who got lime with its green color- DK

 

“Cocoa.” Displaying his disappointed and devastated face.

 

Other than Seungcheol who has a barely acceptable skin color under his bulky arms, no one confirmed yet who and who didn’t spread the magic on their underarms. Kids were all present that time. And it scared the others who had applied the magic henna on their armpit.

 

 “Did you?” Seungcheol examined Jihoon first.

 

Jihoon shyly nodded but he got the lychee and it’s white. “That’s why my skin really turns into white. Just used it the other day though.”

 

“I admire your confidence hyung.” Stated Dino who was beside Jeonghan who was playing with his ears the whole time. He didn’t say it but the first boy he recognized in Dorm 2 was Dino. He did ran to him a couple of times. Jeonghan’s body was so lazy that time, but the moment he got a hold of Dino after one night of dinner, he recognized his baby immediately. He just didn’t say it yet because there were many distractions happening inside the room. Dino’s scent was the most memorable one. Among all the members, their maknae’s scent was the nearest to smell like a child. He loved it so much and now, he’s smelling it all he want with his head near him. That’s the reason why he was trying to advise DK not to use a baby powder all the time because someone has owned the smell already.

 

“Shua?” asked Jeonghan

 

“Well...” Laughing right away. “I did use it for quite some time now. Mine is a tea scented one. It appears to be a light mint color.” Laughing out loud. “I loved the smell, though, I never tried checking on my underarms after bath… Kudos to the smell though, it’s lasting.”

 

“Raise your arm please for recognition. Let’s see Mingyu’s later.” Jeonghan stated.

 

And there you go, a refreshing light sage on Joshua’s armpit. The smell was good that it went up until the person across him.

 

“You smell so good.” Said Soon Young.

 

“I know.” Admitted Shua coolly.

 

“The next candidate was Wonwoo.” Declared Jun who was looking forward to it.

 

“It’s no fun if I didn’t use it, am I?” Wonwoo smirked.

 

Everyone nodded.

 

Wonwoo laughing at himself. “Good thing I didn’t wear sleeveless to a shooting. That’d be so embarrassing.” Raising his arms to show proudly for entertainment purposes.

 

“What flavor you’ve got?”

 

“Blueberry.” Revealed as he was dying with laughter. It was terrible. Blue tint makes a dirty color on skin. Moreover, it’s weird. Then, that’s the time he threatened Jun with “Jun. I will kill you later.”

 

Jun was now rolling on the floor.

 

“Next!” Seungkwan announced.

 

“There’s nobody left.” People got confused on how Seungkwan continued searching for people when dorm 1’s rollcall was already through.

 

Seungkwan was laughing alone as he raised his own armpit. “It isn’t fair if Dorm 2 cannot compete.” Laughing himself out “I got tangerine, brothers!” proudly with his singing voice.

 

Vernon slapped whatever he’s holding to the floor and roll while laughing.

 

“But nothing’s going to defeat the cocoa man!” Minghao teased.

 

Aigoo. Poor Mingyu, his milk chocolate – mostly milky- skin turned into a 70 percent cocoa.

 

“Aigoo. Don’t worry Mingyu, things will get better with little scratching.” Jeonghan advised. “Although, I don’t recommend scrubbing it all the time. Jun had bruises when he tried it.”

 

“Geez.” Mingyu was so problematic upon it. “Guess I’ll be wearing suits from now on. How long will it last?”

 

“No one knows, Mingyu.” Jun raising his arms to show him the tint still on it.

 

Mingyu breathed heavily and murmured “This is a big mess.”

 

Later on, after the unbelievable tattooed armpit crisis, Dino was aiming to be recognized by Jeonghan. There was a purpose why he always stay beside Jeonghan whenever he had the chance. He was the only person he hadn’t called yet among all the people inside the room.

 

Dino was patiently waiting.

 

 “Hyung, can you sleep beside me tonight?” looking so pitiful wanting his parent to recognize him too like his brothers. “I’m the only person in here Jeonghanie hyung hasn’t recognized yet.” Pouted him.

 

With that, all his hyungs felt guilty for not letting him go first. Jeonghan was the most guilty among all. DK felt terrible and was about to give his chance for Chan, but Soon Young voluntarily gave his time to their youngest.

.

.

.

Once Jeonghan and Chan were alone “Lee Chan, uri aegi… the future of Kpop, sorry I didn’t mention your name. My mind is a little mess since yesterday. You are the next person I recognize after Wonwoo, when you came to us one night to bring my things. I’m sorry to inform you late.”

 

“Oh!” a big smile was formed into his lovely face. “Thank goodness. I thought you had a hard time remembering me.”

 

“Of course not. You are the closest scent to babies, Dino. I love that smell that’s why I don’t require DK to wear baby powder.” Jeonghan giggled. “But yeah, it suits his smile but not his non smiling face. But yours… it’s your natural scent, Dino.”

 

“Aigoo.”

 

“Sorry for the trouble.”

 

“No worries. Now we have a way on how you will recognize us.” Said Dino.

 

“Right. I think so too.”

.

.

.

Next date! Now that things were getting better. It’s time for Seungcheol.

 

So… first thing in the morning, Jeonghan came in Dorm 1 to surprise. He busted Seungcheol with pestering wake up call. “Seungcheolie, up now.” He whispered continuously on the other’s ears which was his weakest point. That’s why Jeonghan found himself with a quick headlock by their eldest.

 

“Ya. Ya. Ya.” Jeonghan find himself laughing, still in a miserable situation, pleading for his freedom.

 

“Why?”

 

“I need you to get up now or the date will get cancelled.”

 

That was a serious threat Seungcheol could ever face at the moment. He suddenly got up, not noticing that Jeonghan was still sitting on him. He accidentally pushed him until he fell and no one knows what’s going to happen to Seungcheol next.

 

“Omona. Omona. Omona.” Seungcheol panicked seeing how Jeonghan fell. Now he was pierced by Jeonghan’s stares.

 

Seungcheol was in a bad position since Jeonghan hurt his . Anyway, there’s nothing he could do so he scooped the beauty with his morning strength. “You okay?”

 

“Choi. Seung. Cheol.” Jeonghan uttered with a monotonous voice.

 

Seungcheol froze.

 

“That hurts~” Jeonghan with his aegyo powers.

 

“Aigoo… I’m sorry. I was so surprised when you said that.”

 

Jeonghan giggled. Alright now, get ready. Make it a smart casual, Cheol. Can you pack some formal suit too?”

 

“Sure. Where are we going?”

 

“Secreeeeet. You’ll drive for sure. I rented a car.”

 

“No problem with that. I will share expenses.”

 

“Nope. You will not. It’s going to be an overnight date. Make it fast so we can start now.”

 

“Oh dear. Just a quick bath.” Seungcheol rushed to the bathroom and immediately, also thoroughly, washed his body.

 

Minutes after, he quickly rinsed himself with perfume, so we speak. A little too many for a concentrated perfume should go. He smell all over the place like a perfume or something. People could easily tell who’s about to come.

 

Anyway, he met Jeonghan in their room, choosing the best suit for the night. He also got a moment to polish his suit because it needed some ironing to look presentable since it was in his closet for a long period of time now. Seungcheol bought the set somewhere before, thinking that he might need it. He wasn’t wrong when he’s thinking of that. Now, he could use it for a very special purpose.

 

“Did you get your things into the car?”

 

“Not yet. I brought them with me here.”

 

“I see. Let me carry those.”

 

“Cheol, we may need to eat breakfast here. I’m hungry.”

 

“Will cook ramyeon. Or should be drop off somewhere to eat?”

 

“I think, ramyeon will be okay.”

 

“How long will the drive be?” asked Seungcheol.

 

“Around 3 to 4 hours?”

 

“Where are we going, by the way? What’s with the long drive?”

 

“Edelweiss Swiss Theme Park.” Revealed Jeonghan.

 

“Oh! Interesting.” Seungcheol wouldn’t even know where that was. He was clueless and he somehow mirrored it to his face.

 

“You don’t know about it, don’t you?”

 

“Mnn.” Nodding awkwardly like he didn’t want the other to know that he’s kind of not updated with the world.

 

Jeonghan laughed. “I hope you’ll enjoy there.”

 

“We’ll take a hotel there?”

 

“Nope. It’s too boring when we go dating on that place alone. I mean, it’s beautiful. Wait. Don’t search it yet.”

 

Jeonghan read Seungcheol’s mind. The older was on his hand phone, fresh from his pocket. Now, he’s returning it back. “Alright. Might as well get into the car. Will treat you breakfast out there.”

 

“I will be paying.”

 

“Nope. I will.” Stated Seungcheol. “Cannot let you shoulder the expense alone, Jeonghanie.”

 

What a gentleman. Like Jun and Jihoon, he’s one of the most gallant bosses around their family.

 

“Then, let’s go somewhere we can eat spicy noodles.” Suggested Jeonghan.

 

“Looks like someone’s craving for spicy noodles. Okay. It’s set!” grabbed Seungcheol to his and Jeonghan’s things. “Let’s get it rolling. Will go to a restaurant with spicy and without spicy noodles.”

 

Jeonghan giggled. “Yeah. You can’t handle spicy, especially in the morning.”

 

“Yeah. I don’t want to have an upset stomach when I am dating you. That’s so embarrassing.”

 

Jeonghan tossed the keys and they went down. Seungcheol reached his hands to Jeonghan while in elevator and the other just intertwined his fingers to the other.

 

“Are we always like this?” still filling up the missing pieces of his memories.

 

Seungcheol looked at him tenderly in the eyes and smiled “Mn. If you mean holding hands, yeah.”

 

“No. Are people always sweet like this?” Jeonghan asked curiously.

 

“That depends, I think. But if you ask me, I’m always like this with you. Feeling awkward?”

 

Jeonghan smiled and said. “Nope. Guess my body still knows when to feel awkward or not with skinships. Just that I am not sure when I am still normal with this.”

 

Not to worry about, Hanie. We’re all good. We are not normal at all.” Seungcheol joked.

 

Jeonghan was surprised about it. He never expect that kind of joke, but he could actually consider that they were not that normal as other people were. “I guess, I might take that as a fact.”

 

“I love us.” Said Seungcheol.

 

“Us?”

 

Seungcheol looked at him again and said “Us as a group. And us with just the two of us.”

 

“You are telling me something, Seungcheol. I don’t know if I quite get it or not.”

 

“Don’t mind it. It’s just my opinion and I will respect yours.”

 

Riding the car going to a restaurant where they could eat breakfast, Jeonghan thought of a game where the other could answer honestly.

 

“Cheol, I don’t know if you’ll like my arrangement but I would like you to know that I chose this because you look tired.” Not to offend. Jeonghan was talking about pure sincerity.

 

Seungcheol looked upon a mirror to see his reflection. “Do I look like one? That’s embarrassing. Hanie, get my lip balm. The one with tint. I don’t want to look like a dead man beside a beautiful one.” Said Cheol coolly that it surprised Jeonghan a lot.

 

“What?” and giggled. “You sure might kill many girls with that, Cheol. You are a smooth talker. I mean, you look tired because lately you were getting sick. I thought of pampering you up.”

 

“Thank you for thinking. Now that I see my triple eye bags and pale lips. Might stop by a little and wear a little make up.”

 

“You don’t have to. You look handsome. Sorry to give you the wrong perception.”

 

“Nah. That’s fine.” Winked Seungcheol while he was looking cool driving the car. “I heard the kids and they told me that your planned dates with them were awesome. You know that I’ve been looking forward to this day.” He teased.

 

“Yeah. I hope you’ll enjoy this.”

 

“I will.” Smiled with his dimple. “Hey, if there’s something wrong, just tell me real quick.”

 

“I hope nothing will happen.”

 

“Yeah. But if-“

 

“Got it.” Jeonghan added. “Hey, I might run out of topic but-“

 

Seungcheol was listening.

 

“This is just- I think I ran off with these memories lately. It’s kind of weird but I got to confirm. Might be weird if you listen but I need you to be honest.”

 

“Sure. There’s nothing to hide. Although, I thought I should apologize to the things I might aggressively done with you without any permission.”

 

“Oh- that’s not necessary, Cheol. I-“ worried about the things he’d like to tell them about the agreement he had with the company just before he joined them in. “I am the one who has a lot to apologize to, Cheol.”

 

Seungcheol was puzzled but he didn’t mind. Changing the topic, Seungcheol thought it was better if they do what Jeonghan had asked for. “Alright. Let’s not be sad. Start with the question.”

 

“This regards with the first question I asked about you in the elevator.”

 

“Let’s see.” Letting Jeonghan start the Q&A.

 

“I’ve been seeing flashes of memories lately.”

 

“Uh-huh.”

 

“I noticed that you are all sweet to me.”

 

“We are. Some might not be so expressive in words but they tend to overdo it through actions with their unique behavior about letting you know that they love you.”

 

Jeonghan smiled. “You are really sweet, Cheol. No wonder people calls you the father of the group. Even the leader of the whole Carat nation.”

 

“Hope they all listen to me.” He sighed when he read some of the parents getting problematic with grades because of them.

 

“They will. Our carats are well behaved and a good fan.”

 

Seungcheol knew that and he smiled. “Yeah. I know and they should study well. No problem with the working people because they know what to do and know what their priorities are.”

 

“I am sure they are. I am impressed by your power, Cheol.”

 

“It’s a responsibility I don’t want to mess up with.”

 

“You will not. We all trust you.”

 

“Thanks.” Pulling out the car into some parking, Seungcheol was decided where he’d like to bring Jeonghan for breakfast. “Here we are.”

 

“One last question, Cheol.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Do you kiss me?”

 

Seungcheol was quite surprised but he didn’t panic at all. Instead, a soft smile was on his face and said “Yes. I always do.”

 

Jeonghan blushed. “Oh- that’s t-“

 

“In your forehead, head, cheeks, hands, shoulders-“

 

“On the lips?” continued the younger.

 

“I… I had done that but if I offended you there. I have to apologize and won’t do it again.”

 

Jeonghan had some things playing inside his mind and he didn’t know how to answer and replied no answer but another question. “Is it true?” hanging his sentence a bit.

 

“The what? Your memories?”

 

Jeonghan nodded blushing.

 

“If it’s what your memory tells you, then I should admit it. Although which one did you remember exactly.”

 

“There’s many, you mean?”

 

“Not as often as I am kissing those parts I mentioned earlier.”

 

“Oh.” Quite a shock to Jeonghan but at least, he confirmed. And he was impressed how Seungcheol took it very professional. AS IN A REAL PRO.

 

“Let’s eat now?”

 

“Uh- yeah. Yeah.”

 

“You are getting awkward, Jeonghan.” Said Seungcheol. “C’mon. I’m sure you’d go over it easily when you eat the noodles here.”

 

“Really? Ah- no. I’m just surprised. Thank you for giving me an honest answer.”

 

“And let’s not make awkward Q&A’s from now on because we are having a date and I don’t want it to feel like a first blind date.” Stated Seungcheol clear with good intentions.

 

Jeonghan agreed and followed Seungcheol to eat.

 

TO BE CONTINUED>>> JEONGCHEOL’S DATE ON THE NEXT CHAPTER. :D