CHAPTER 22: HIT

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

RESET

 

CHAPTER 22: HIT

 

Starting the next day, things were getting difficult for them. Aside from memorizing the steps of their HIT song, they had plenty of engagements to handle before their next comeback. They barely breathe, honestly.

 

Moreover, Soon Young has becoming stricter and stricter each time because he’s looking for the perfection they should maintain. They were now a big group. There’s no reason to slack down because it wasn’t an excuse. Fame isn’t an excuse for a mediocre presentation. Also because their music are the best. One mistake and its ruined.

 

People were exhausted, even their teachers. They should know how tiring it’d be. Especially that not every one of them was born a dancer and an athlete. They know their capabilities but they needed to learn the steps at the same time. There’s techniques being discovered for some before they break their body.

 

Practice each day was draining them. Only make up could save them from the public right now to look fresh. Underneath the cosmetics were large eye bags, super dehydrated skin and sore muscles.

 

“Gosh. My hip.” Mingyu complained.

 

“I think I have a stiff neck.” The8 massaging his neck with a gentle a rotation while putting ointment on Mingyu’s body.

 

“I’m dizzy.” Crawled Jihoon.

 

“Me too.” Added Jeonghan panting so hard on the floor. “Please someone get me water.” He asked.

 

Joshua was onto it but he couldn’t have his legs function for a while. He crawled and said good things to himself. “You are great, Shua. You can do it.” While feeling nothing with his literally numb body.

 

“I feel so dry inside.” Said Vernon. “I need a change of clothes. I think all the water are escaping from my body.”

 

“My brain is dry.” Added Seungkwan who was laying on Vernon’s chest, hearing his heart beat so fast as if it was a live drum set. “I’ve never heard a heart as loud as yours, right now.”

 

Vernon chuckled. “I know.” While catching his breathe. Even laughing would affect their breathing now.

 

Jun was found expanded on the floor with his legs opened wide while his body stretching in the middle of his two feet. Dino was surprised seeing Jun that broken. “Hyung! Are you okay? You seemed broken.” He panicked.

 

“I think I am.” Jun replied while panting.

 

Seungcheol didn’t even have the power to shout for a break. “Guys.” Like a whisper he sad “Let’s. Take. A. break.”

 

“Can’t hear you, hyung.” Said DK who was just across him. Closer than the others.

 

“Can you pass it?” Breathing so hard as Seungcheol mentioned it a bit louder.

 

DK passed the message until everybody was informed.

 

“Yey.” With a low toned voice.

 

“Can we continue tomorrow?” asked Wonwoo.

 

Seungcheol nodded while Soon Young defiled. “We should continue this.”

 

“If you want to kill me, just make it simple and fast, imma.” Suggested Wonwoo.

 

“Wonwoo. You are doing great. You can do it.”

 

“You got it the wrong way, Soon Young ah. I almost break my ankle.”

 

“Oh. Sorry.” Hoshi climbed to Wonwoo and kissed him on the cheek.

 

“Aigoo.”

 

That’s how intense Hit’s dance practice was. They feel like old men after every practice. Even their cheeks were throbbing so hard like they were training for some Olympics. Worst, for army.

 

Days had gone by. It was really hard to synchronize with the beautiful nightmare/ masterpiece. Things were getting complicated as well as the passage of the oxygen around their heads.

 

Jeonghan wasn’t feeling well that time. He was tired and feeling weak. But then, he didn’t know if it was just due to the dance practices he’s been doing. Hell, everyone looked like fainting but that time. During the first intermission, as Jeonghan moved forward, he lose consciousness the moment he stepped his feet for the first move. The one at the back almost stepped on him, but he managed to hold on. They rushed to where Jeonghan was and check.

 

“Hyung!” said Hoshi.

 

“Seemed like he was totally unconscious.” Reported The8.

 

Jun carried him to the sides and saw the twitching on his facial tissue near the ear. Immediately, Seungcheol assigned people on what to do. “Mingyu and Jun, get the oxygen. Dino and Vernon, the electric shock. Joshua, please call Doctor Eric. Seungkwan, have his towel.”

 

Seungcheol looking to a corner where they would be comfortable. “Has anyone got some pillow?”

 

“I’ll get the one at the office.” Said Woozi.

 

“Get him a blanket too.”

 

“Got it.” Said Wonwoo. The first thing he thought was the blanket they keep on the van.  He ran fast so that he could keep up to the boys who were running for medicine and might go back to their dorm in case.

 

Suddenly they all gathered in one place. Fast and organized.

 

“Jeonghan-ah.” Tapped Joshua. He listened to his chest and signaled Coups that its getting milder.

 

“Try CPR. I will hold him.” Cheol asked Joshua.

 

“I’m not sure about that.”

 

“Is Doctor Eric near?”

 

“Let me update.” Answered Vernon.

 

Minghao suddenly remembered what he did last time. He held Jeonghan’s hand and massage him like the one he did before.

 

“What are you doing?” asked Mingyu.

 

“This went fine before. I hope this helps.”

 

Minghao thought it couldn’t help that time. He felt Jeonghan’s hands cold. Also noticed that Jeonghan’s lips were getting bluish. It surprised them when Jeonghan grasped for so much air as he could and after wards he choked. It scared the members so bad. It’s never happened before. Now, Seungcheol ordered Joshua to do the CPR because his veins was visible on his neck indicating he needed help. When he was about to do the CPR, the poor Jeonghan trembled as if he’s having a seizure.

 

“What do we do?” Cried Hoshi. “What do we do? This is my fault.” Deeply guilty for what he’s trying to achieve when not everybody can do it.

 

“Hoshi ya! Don’t cry.” Seungcheol scolded. He too was getting anxious, he didn’t know what to do. They were supposed to be ready, but here comes another problem. He bit his lips and murmured. “Hold on, Jeonghan. What are we supposed to do?” becoming frustrated on how and what possible things they could do to rescue.

 

“Seungcheol, you probably might get it. He’s losing it. I’m exhausted” Suggested Joshua as he became exhausted that he too had a hard time catching his breath. Getting dizzier as it gets. With that, Seungcheol exchanged position with Joshua and perform the CPR.

 

“C’mon, Jeonghan.” Giving a massage on his heart continuously after giving him air. “!” Seungcheol was losing control of himself but Joshua was staying strong for him.

 

“Seungcheol, if you become weak, we’ll lose.” Encouraged Joshua. “This is not the first time. It’s just different signs. We’ll figure this out.”

 

Even the staffs were panicking and was waiting for the ambulance because they were asked to call the ambulance. Soon enough, Doctor Eric came. He was with a bag. Another suitcase from what they’re seeing.

 

“Excuse me, boys.”

 

Immediately, Seventeen gave way to Doctor Eric to fix their poor Angel Jeonghan.

 

“I need people to hold him. We’ll bring him to the hospital after this.” Said him taking out a huge needle.

 

They became scared as they saw how big it was. “Wh-what’s that for?” Dino took a step backwards while hiding behind Seungcheol holding his shirt as he became terrified.

 

“Will you pierce it to Jeonghan hyung’s body?” another big step for the tall puppy.

 

“Don’t look if you can’t, alright.” Warning Doctor Eric.

 

Four people assisted him. They were Seungcheol, Joshua, Vernon and Dino. Later on, the others who weren’t needed in that task had to pull out so the place would be fully ventilated. While the paramedics already on position.

 

At once, Doctor Eric opened Jeonghan’s cloth, right on his chest and suddenly pierced it and the tremor had stopped. “Now! Now! Let’s go to the hospital. He signaled.”

.

.

.

Hospital_

 

Hoshi was still crying. Minghao approached. “Hyung, stop crying.” He comforted.

 

“It is my fault.” Heavily crying.

 

“Look. How is it your fault? It’s no one’s fault.”

 

“Calm down, would you?” asked Wonwoo.

 

“I made him tired.” Still sobbing and much louder.

 

“Hyung, you are making me feel guilty too.” Said Dino.

 

“No. it’s not your fault.” Said Hoshi.

 

DK started crying again while the boys got scared on the way Seungcheol was acting. Their leader was furious walking back and forth with his frowned forehead. Later on, Joshua approached. “Seungcheol, what’s going on? You need to calm down.”

 

“No. I can’t. Here we are again, Joshua. We are all back to zero.” He said in frustration.

 

“Don’t say that. You did a great job.” Later on, Joshua noticed the tremor on his friend’s hands. He held it and whispered. “Hey. Hey. Stop pressuring yourself. You don’t know where you are leading yourself into this.”

 

Seungcheol looked at him biting his lips and with a teary eyes. “I don’t know what to do.” With a heavy breathe he shed tears.

 

Joshua was so scared that time when he saw Seungcheol falling down. He didn’t know what he’s going through or what he’s thinking but, he’s sure there’s something wrong with Seungcheol since the last season. However, he himself wasn’t able to figure it out, so it’s better to support him and understand whatever he’s going through.  For the support, Joshua embraced Seungcheol and said “You have to fight, Seungcheol. If they see us weak, they will not handle this as well. I know this is putting so much pressure on you but let’s hang on, alright? I follow you Seungcheol and I admire you for being strong all along.” And whispered “It’s alright to cry, Coups. You will still look strong on it.”

 

Seungcheol cried on Joshua’s shoulder. There has been this heavy feeling in his heart, but nobody could tell what it was, even him.

 

“You can count on me, Cheol. Will take care of the kids.”

 

“Thank you. I feel so exhausted.”

 

That word had let Joshua wondered and also he felt worried for their leader. Probably he’s having a very difficult fight with himself as well. Too much is enough for the poor man. Joshua thought he’s tired physically and mentally and so he needed to do his job to take over while the two eldest were weak.

 

Finally, everyone had calmed down. Joshua led the group in behalf of Seungcheol.

 

“We need to go home once we know the result. Only two will remain here. I will assign.”

 

The younger ones had no choice but to follow Joshua’s order. It was for their sake anyway. They understand. Meanwhile, they saw Ye Jun running through the corridors and said “Is he alright?” asked him.

 

The boys wondered how he could arrive that fast when his home was too far from there and how did he know.

 

“Hyung?” asked the younger. While the other were still confused. “How did you-?”

 

“I am here. For about a week.”

 

“Confined?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“For what?”

 

“I-I’ve been under a treatment as well. I’m doing the therapy for their reference.”

 

“You mean they- experiment on you?” asked Wonwoo all of a sudden.

 

“It may look like that but, I’ll be fine. How’s Jeonghan?  Doctor Hubert (An older doctor who’s assigned to his therapy) rushed here, so I assumed it was Jeonghan being rushed and then I saw you, guys.”

 

“He’s still in that room.” Answered Mingyu.

 

Later on, Ye Jun saw Hoshi and Dino. Also DK. The boys who were crying. Their eyes were swollen already. “Hey. Pull yourself together. Tell me what happened?”

 

The boys explained everything, and while listening, he noticed that the two eldest wore a more concerned face than the others. “Hey, Seungcheol and Joshua. Can we talk? Just need to clarify on something you notice with Jeonghan’s attack this time.”

 

“Alright.”

 

“Let’s talk somewhere.” Suggested Ye Jun.

 

The kids were wondering what they could possibly talk about. When realizing that the others were dead worried too, Ye Jun smiled and calm them down. “Hey. What’s with the long face? C’mon, he’s breathing isn’t it?”

 

The kids nodded. “As long as he breathes, he will wake up. I’m assuring you that. I’m never brain dead with my attacks, so when I am awake, I can hear people chattering. If Doctor Eric opens it up for visit, you go and talk to him. Just want to hear things these two.”

 

The others were enlightened. Hearing from a person who’s been experiencing it. They behave and Hoshi stopped crying but the guilt was still all over him.

 

The eldest talk in private.

 

“What do you want to know, hyung?” asked Seungcheol, being professional again.

 

“Hey. The kids are looking at you, Seungcheol. And to you too Joshua. I can’t let you be like this. You are important to Jeonghan and I can never let this happen.”

 

“Sorry?” The two quite not get it.

 

“You are getting weaker.” He scolded. “Joshua, I know it’s hard. Nice try. But I can see you almost fainting.” He teased.

 

“Oh.” He became really shy.

 

“I thought you wanted to know some more?” asked Seungcheol.

 

“That was just an excuse. And please don’t tell Jeonghan that I am here.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Tell the kids too… he shouldn’t know.”

 

“Is there anything you are keeping from him?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“You had an attack?” guessed Seungcheol.

 

“Well not that bad but-“

 

“You said you already recovered somehow.”

 

“Yeah. But. There are cases the sickness might return. But I am assuring you there’s a way and the doctors are on it.”

 

They both noticed that the man had this small gauze on his head. “Did you hit your head?” asked Joshua criticizing the man in front of him.

 

“Yeah. Just a bit.”

 

“Hyung.” Called Seungcheol who then noticed something was attached at his back as he saw this apparatus clipped on his finger. Moreover, he’s bleeding from the hand. “Don’t tell me, they are discovering the cure from you?”

 

“No. It’s a therapy.”

 

“But all Jeonghan’s therapy was experimental.” Remembered Joshua.

 

“Mmm.” Getting caught slowly. “Well, yeah. They need people to, you know, test on.”

 

“Hyung. Are you serious? Do they put you needles and things?” asked Seungcheol.

 

“Well, it helps.” Answered Ye Jun bravely.

 

“But it hurts.” Added Joshua because he noticed that Ye Jun was looking thin compared from the last time they saw each other.

 

“Just a little.”

 

“Hyung. You are killing yourself! Why are you letting them touch you for some unsure cure?”

 

“There’s no one to practice but from me.” Said Ye Jun.

 

“Are you insane? You are placing yourself in danger.”

 

“If I didn’t do this, Jeonghan will die. His progression is becoming fast, Seungcheol.”

 

“But he hasn’t been attacked lately. Not as bad as before.”

 

“You are driving me crazy, hyung.” Said Seungcheol in fear. “You doesn’t need to sacrifice yourself.”

 

“I am willing too, Coups.” And later on proceeding to the explanation Joshua was asking “You know they call that as the tsunami effect. Calm and then a run. It’s how it is. It’s more complicated than the last time. They needed to find the cure as soon as they can.”

 

“By you?” Frowned Joshua. “They’ve been experimenting on you?”

 

“Guys, this is not a big deal.”

 

“Do you know how much Jeonghan will think of this if he knows?”

 

“That’s why he cannot know and please help me explain to the boys.”

 

Seungcheol was surprised that he’s doing this far just to save Jeonghan’s life. He thought that it was more painful that it looked but he’s staying strong.

 

One time, Ye Jun frowned and held his head like Jeonghan normally do with his head and ear hurting.

 

“Hyung!” The two rescued but Ye Jun acted fine. He stood up and endured the pain in his head. He walked towards the kids and saw Doctor Eric talking to them. He too wanted to know what Jeonghan’s condition is, so he pulled himself together just to make sure he’s updated.

 

Doctor Eric seemed to be surprised when he saw Ye Jun coming. “How?” he was supposed to be resting because he had his surgery a week ago on his brain. It was a chance to peek through a live person’s brain with that condition. They had him go under surgery because they thought that it would be something they couldn’t see from the machine. It was a small hole. Nothing much happen. He could actually heal immediately.

 

“Doctor. I was passing by. I’ve been here for a week.” He explained because Doctor Eric had no idea he’s been confined. Not in his knowledge as a part of their condition under a contract. “I heard from Doctor Hubert that there’s someone who was rushed here with the same condition. I came here to check because I had a bad feeling that it’s Jeonghan. How is he?”

 

“He’s had the same attack from what you’ve written from your diary. I did a little hole in his body. We will tell you if he needed a surgery after we have the test results.” Said Doctor Eric. “Hang in there too. We might find something that can help.” He smiled gently. “Call me when you need someone to talk. I can speak a little Korean.”

 

“Actually, he’s getting fluent in Korean.” Said Seungkwan.

 

Then, the doctor noticed Hoshi. “Did your eyes got bitten by an insect, Soon Young?”

 

“Ah- no. he cried for hours now.” Explained Vernon.

 

“Oh. Poor Soon Young. Don’t worry, he’s fine now.”

 

“But you said he may have surgery.” Soon Young became worried again.

 

“Not exactly, my dear. Let me explain you in the house.” He smiled. “It’s almost the same as the other attacks. But then the tremor comes from a muscle. Alright? Let me wait for the results for confirmation.”

 

Then he called Minghao. “Minghao? Jeonghan told me that you did some massage on his hand the last time he had an attack?”

 

Minghao was thinking that it was because of him. Now, he was worried. He was just about to be interviewed when Ye Jun reacted in pain. “Ye Jun?” the Doctor assisted. “What’s wrong?”

 

They saw his hands tremble like the one they saw with Jeonghan earlier. And then, the rashes was abruptly showing.

 

“MInghao. Can I have a hand here?”

 

“Ah-yes!” said Minghao in surprise. “What should I do, Doctor?” he was trembling because he was scared.

 

Doctor Eric smiled and said “Don’t worry, kiddo. I need your help. Can you do the massage to Ye Jun?”

 

“Oh.” Minghao grabbed Ye Jun’s hand and bravely massaged it even though he could feel the pressure and the fear. When he hit a spot on Ye Jun’s palm. The older man screamed. Minghao was frightened. As a result, he accidentally dropped the older’s hand and said “Sorry. What’s wrong?”

 

“You can feel it?” asked Doctor Eric.

 

Ye Jun was surprised with the pain but yeah, sure. It was effective than wounds. It hit painfully and it was lingering on his whole arm for quite a while. The rash faded away. Doctor Eric had the chance to see if the one in the heart would fade too. And it was, after a few while.

 

“Thank you, Minghao. You will have to perform that to me later.”

 

“Really?” he was amazed that he had this power to protect Jeonghan from the threat. At least. While the others became happy.

 

“What’s that?” asked the members “How did you know that?” said DK.

 

“I don’t know. An Aunt taught me when I was in China.”

 

“I see. Can you do it to me?” asked Hoshi.

 

“Are you sure?” asked Minghao.

 

Hoshi nodded. “That’s my punishment.”

 

“Alright then.” Minghao grabbed his older brother’s hand and pressed it like how he did it with Jeonghan. One press and a scream came out from Hoshi’s mouth.

 

“Annoying.” Jihoon murmured.

 

Right after, the poor baby tiger grabbed his hand and cried once again “You! That hurts, imma!” with a little annoyance on his tone.

 

Doctor Eric and the others were surprised that it’s worth cursing.

 

“Does that really hurt?” asked Eric and now he’s afraid that he might lose a hand, but he need to feel it. However, it did really sound hurtful.

 

The others became curious and asked Minghao to do it again. “Mine.” Said Mingyu. He gave his hand to Minghao. One press and it really did the same expression as Hoshi. That time, Mingyu almost hit Minghao with his other hand. Worst things worst, throw the poor boy to the other side of the hospital.

 

“That hurts, I-C&*#%.” Cursed Mingyu but apologized afterwards.

 

“Does that really hurts?” asked Seungkwan and the others.

 

“You guys should stop that. We are in the hospital, mind you.” Reminded Seungcheol firmly.

 

“Seungcheol, can you be here?” asked Joshua.

 

“Ah-sure.” He was surprised about Joshua’s decision. “I think, I will leave… Vernon to you.” Signaled that Seungcheol needed his assistance “And for that… I will be the leader in the house first. You should update.”

 

“Uh-Ouhm.” Seungcheol nodded.

 

Before they went out, Joshua had a talk to Doctor Eric for some inquiries. “Doctor, Seungcheol is having something to himself. It’s either he doesn’t have a clue about it or he knew but won’t tell us. Can you please help me figure it out? I’m sorry, you should only be Jeonghan’s doctor, but he’s being secretive. I don’t know why.”

 

“Sure, dear. I see him often here with you lately. It’s kind of strange. Will talk to him later. Privately.” Looking at the kids with Hoshi about to cry again. “Are you sure you want to be the leader of the kids for now? Why is Soon Young crying again?”

 

“His guilt is causing them. Our new choreography is very hard and while practice, Jeonghan fainted. I think that’s what’s making him sad.”

 

“Poor him. Calm him down.”

 

“Does this have something to do with it?”

 

“Well, fainting due to lack of oxygen can be, but the attack wasn’t triggered by that.”

 

“Why do these things happen?” asked Seungcheol.

 

“We don’t know. I thought it was due to anxiety or something psychological but-“ Doctor’s statement were cut because he was called to the emergency. It was due to Ye Jun’s head ache. He was completely surprised by it. He knew things would get better and thought that the surgery would help him, but something seemed wrong.

 

Seungcheol was left with Vernon seeing Jeonghan while Doctor Eric ran and see his poor patient.

 

Ye Jun was seen screaming in pain, holding his head. He was under a big pressure in his head. All the doctors were present and was called to the ICU.

 

“Something may have went wrong.” Murmured Eric.

 

“Hope it’s just an attack.” Wished the old neurosurgeon that looked in to his brain.

 

Eric was deeply caring about Ye Jun. He shouldn’t suffer when he’s here for a treatment. There must be something wrong with their studies and hope Ye Jun wouldn’t suffer from it. “This is insane. This sickness is insane.” Grunted him.

 

JEONGHAN’S ROOM

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol was waiting for both news regarding his two friends. Later on, Vernon talked for the first time and asked his leader “Hyung, you okay?”

 

To make the situation light, Seungcheol reply “If you are going to say I’m getting ugly again, I will kill you.” And laughed.

 

Vernon was surprised and instead of laughing, he worriedly replied. “Stop acting so tough.”

 

“What?” Seungcheol was surprised but not to the point the he was offended.

 

“You are always tough, hyung. So we know if you are getting weak. You’ve been sick these past few months. Are we okay?”

 

“Yeah. Maybe my immune system had gotten weaker.”

 

“Maybe you need rest.”

 

“Not the time, Vernon. But thank you.”

 

“I’m serious.”

 

“Will be alright. Maybe it’s the schedule.”

 

“Then, divide it to us so you can rest well.”

 

“Thank you. Might need that.”

 

“Alright.” Vernon smiled. “Just don’t let me do the paper thing.”

 

“I might not assign that to you too, Vernon. Its-“ looking how floating Vernon could be each time. “You are-“ Still thinking of some words that wasn’t that offending. On the other hand, seeing the difficulty Seungcheol find words to describe it. Probably not to offend, Vernon simply nodded to tell the older that he perfectly get it.

 

“I get it, hyung. Just don’t-“ shaking his head.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Jeonghan created noise. He opened his eyes and grunted when he moved. The two responded quickly. Held his hands and asked what the matter is.

 

“Can’t see.”

 

“Don’t worry.” Said Seungcheol.

 

“Do you need anything, hyung?” asked Vernon.

 

“My chest hurts a little.”

 

“Oh… that…” they couldn’t say what happened because it might scare him. Actually, they were scared. It’s traumatic.

 

“You punched me?” asked Jeonghan teasingly.

 

“Why would we?” denied the two.

 

“Yo had the very motive.” Teased Jeonghan more. And then, when he got silence as an answer, he thought the two might get offended. “That was a joke, but it seems like it.” Frowned his brows. “I want something to eat. I can feel my stomach more than my chest. Have you guys eaten? How about the others?”

 

“I send them home with Joshua.”

 

“Alright. Can you send me food?”

 

“Oh! I’ll get it.” Volunteered Vernon.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, the boys were under military training with their gentleman Joshua. He’s stricter than Seungcheol was. He’s the gentlest, but deadliest. That was after they were so chaotic in one room. They needed to resume practice after the incident. That was the best Seungcheol and Joshua thought to keep them busy.

 

“Ya!” shouted their 3rd eldest after a very lame, weak and chaotic performance.

 

All were surprised. Jihoon almost dropped his purple water bottle. “Omo-mo-mo-mo.” Blinking his eyes too fast.

 

Meanwhile, Seungkwan and his troop backed down. The rest having their eyes locked to Joshua open wide.

 

“Why, hyung?” asked Wonwoo tamely.

 

“Gather here. Now!” threatened Joshua. “You think I cannot manage you, don’t you?” speaking as if it gets into his nerves. Not too serious. He’s just pretending because he’s actually the least wild among them all. Not with a sudden mood though.

 

“Sorry, hyung. We didn’t mean our actions.” Said Seungkwan folding his body while head looking down.

 

“No. You sit down.” Seemingly serious with his words. Joshua was the only one who’s standing up. Meanwhile, his troop was scared of him.

 

“We will do better.” Added Dino who was surprised with the sudden anger Joshua displayed. He’s never seen him like that. NEVER.

 

“No talking. I’ll be the only one to talk.” said Joshua walking back and forth to the line while observing the kids. He walked with his camera on, hiding from his crossed arms.

 

It was quiet. Well, Joshua ordered them to shut their mouth. Now, the kids were trembling every time they tried to look at him. It was quiet for the longest of time. People were getting scared. Meanwhile, Joshua was trying to find the right command for the kids just to kill time.

 

“Divide yourselves into two. Find a partner. Will participate also. This is a punishment for us all.” He instructed for the first time.

 

“Hyung, we are really sorry. I hope you don’t feel bad.” Hoshi bravely whispered when they cross paths.

 

“You will be my partner here, Hoshi. Pull yourself together.”

 

Soon Young was terrified.

 

“What do we do, hyung?” asked Mingyu.

 

“We’ll do push ups. Sit ups. Jogging within this room until you get the dance right.”

 

“Yes. Hyung!” they responded altogether which was worth laughing at, but General Hong needed to be in character.

 

“Now!” he ordered.

 

“Aigoo, he’s scary.” Whispered DK to The8. Joshua caught them and called their attention. “You try to whisper again, you two. You’ll be going to another punishment.”

 

They did sit ups as their first punishment. But chatters won’t just go aside from their breaks. People were detained at the corner facing the walls like kids do. One has to stop Korea’s Hitler for some reason. It was the reason why they were chattering. Jun won’t be able to talk because he’s at the corner with DK as of the moment. Mingyu tried but one sharp eyes from General Hong, he strayed away.

 

Later on, Seungcheol called. The kids were praying and hoping that it was Seungcheol since they reported him about the tyranny happening in the practice room saying “Hyung, please talk to Joshua hyung. We are in prison right now. Please, please talk to him. He’s scary.”

 

Joshua went out for safety. “Oh? Did you see?”

 

“Ya. Stop it. You know they’re just babies. They aren’t that used to seeing you like that.” Seungcheol giggled because he could remember their faces from the video Joshua sent him.

 

“Did Vernon know?”

 

“Nope. Why would I? He should fall for it too. Ya. Just loosen up a little. I think seeing you like that is more traumatic, imma.” Still laughing.

 

“How was Jeonghan?”

 

“He’s fine. He’s eating. Sent Vernon back there because manager called him for a sudden collab with some artist.”

 

“I see. We’ll see how this will work.”

 

Back to the practice room, the boys were crumbling down, rushing to seat down and find their places. “What was that?” asked Joshua.

 

“Sorry hyung.” Said altogether while Vernon arrived.

 

“I’m ba-“ he was surprised witnessing a detention center instead of a practice room. “What’s happening?”

 

“Vernon, sit down.” Ordered Joshua. “Find your position, as per age.”

 

Vernon ran because the situation was tensed. He was scared too. “What happened?” he whispered to both his friend on the other side, but no one cared to explain. They look terrified.

 

“Who texted Seungcheol?” asked Joshua with strict tone.

 

“Oh dear.” All said that line in mind.

 

“Who?” cracking his fingers in front of them. “No one will speak?”

 

Joshua was surprised when all of them raised their hands awkwardly. When they all saw each other raising their hands, they became confident all of a sudden. The oldest member wanted to burst into laughter but he needed to maintain his poise otherwise, they won’t take him seriously ever again. Although, he knew that it was Jihoon who texted Seungcheol and no one else.

 

“Very well. Squat!”

 

They hadn’t gone practicing but military training instead. But Joshua didn’t get too far. He knew that they were also tired. Just the mental breakdown was more serious than the physical one. Time to go home and everyone was whispering while changing their clothes ready to go home.

 

“We might have offended Joshua hyung so much, don’t we?” said DK. “He’s scary.”

 

“I know.” Responded Seungkwan. It was also the time Vernon knew about what happened and agreed that Joshua was kind of scary as of the moment.

 

They passed the message to the boys and discussed what to do on their phones. They created a chat group named Platoon Hong. Those brats never learned, though Joshua might have this feeling that they’re playing somewhere in their conversation on their phones. He smirked and went home at ease. It was quiet in their van for once. Aigoo. It’s peaceful. Their manager was also surprised.

 

Going home, Seventeen dispersed. Some went to a café just to buy Joshua his favorite cake. Meanwhile Seungkwan and DK were with Joshua just to calm him down.

 

Later on, they all gathered around him. Joshua thought he’d be punched down because a bunch of them encircled him.

 

“Hyung.” Called Wonwoo strictly.

 

General Hong was scared of the possible Coup’ de’t tat.

 

“We are sorry. We didn’t mean to disrespect you.” Continued Jun.

 

“Yes. We didn’t mean it. Sorry.” Said The8.

 

“We promise we’ll behave tomorrow.” Said Dino.

 

All were acting like a lost puppy and they were sure adorable. Joshua wanted to pinch each cheeks but that’s out of character.

 

“Please don’t be strict like this. It’s scary.” Soon Young complained. Meanwhile, Mingyu nudged the other boy’s body, to give him a warning that it wasn’t how he ask for sorry. Meeting the tall puppy’s eyes. Soon Young understood and keep his head looking down. “Sorry.”

 

“Hyung. You know we love you. It’s just that… maybe we are way too distracted.” Continued Jihoon in a possible and nicest way.

 

Joshua was getting calmer from the threat.

 

“I love you, hyung. Please calm down. Your heart.” Interrupted DK with an embrace.

 

“We respect you as much as we respect Seungcheol hyung.” Said Seungkwan and find way to embrace Joshua too.

 

“Can I join too? Love you, hyung.” Said Dino.

 

“I love you hyung~” they said until people were piled up to him. Joshua smiled, but still couldn’t giggle. Still part of his act that can never be revealed.

 

“Alright. I’m sorry for being strict earlier.” Apologized Joshua to smoothly wrap things up.

 

Meanwhile, on his little brothers’ mind “Hyung, you are so scary. What should we do?”

.

.

.

On the other hand, Ye Jun was in pain. He wasn’t asleep that time. He couldn’t. There maybe something that the doctors miss. Doctor Eric couldn’t come to the boys’ dorm because he’s been frustrated with Ye Jun’s case and he meant to solve it within the fastest time he could. He asked for another operation.

 

“Ye Jun, pardon us for doing this to you, but there might be something that we touched.”

 

“Please get it soon, Doctor. This pain-“ enduring as hard as he could. “I can’t handle this pain.”

 

“Alright. We will put you to sleep, my dear.  Hang in there.” Doctor Eric was so frustrated that Doctor Hubert might have done it wrong. They were on a different side. They couldn’t agree with many things, but since he’s the senior, he’s trying to work with him but it just feels different. He was his new partner. He was tough and he’d do everything just to make it work with him. He understood that it was about his pride. Nonetheless, this madness should stop, right now.

 

Doctor Hubert learned the operation straight from Doctor Eric himself. “What do you mean? I can’t allow it.”

 

“This person is sick. He’s not an experimental cadaver.” The younger doctor argued.

 

“You know he got better.”

 

“For a moment. But look at him now. He’s miserable. He entrusted me with this, Doctor Hubert. If this will make him suffer a lot more than he had before. I should stop.”

 

“We have the same goals, Doctor.” Stopped Hubert.

 

“And sending humans to die is not one of them.”

 

“You’ve seen people die, Doctor Eric.”

 

“And I regret every death I see.”

 

“You are ridiculous.” Scoffed Hubert.

 

“Do you see your patient, Doctor? I was sent here to look after the case, not to torture people.”

 

“You do some experiments too, mind you, Eric.”

 

“I do and I do it to myself first. You get it?”

 

The patient was heading back to the operating room. “Where would you bring him?”

 

“I will look through him.”

 

“He’s my patient!” the old man scolded.

 

“Not anymore.”

 

 

 

Hello! Like I promised! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Playing with Seventeen is sure fun. See you and please drop something for me at the comment section. It’s good to hear from you guys. Haha! Take care always! :D