CHAPTER 23: LAVENDER

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

RESET

 

CHAPTER 23: LAVENDER

 

Jeonghan was out of the hospital for the meantime. He’s fine. Although, the members were keeping something from him. They thought it was the best. One by one, they needed to sneak in and out of the hospital just to pay Ye Jun a visit. Thank goodness, he’s feeling better. He’s undergoing a therapy just like Jeonghan. He can go out once his wounds were healed. And then, he needed to come back every week for that matter. Eric volunteered to visit him sometimes.

 

One time, Jeonghan break out crying after saying “Ya!” All the member inside dorm 2 was startled on their places.

Jun was passing by with trying to savor his last scoop his favorite pudding. Yet, it fell. Minghao was trying to find his focus sipping and trying to absorb the aroma of his newest wine, playing the liquor in circles on his mouth. But then, he accidentally and suddenly pushed it through his throat. Seungkwan, on the other hand, was trying to shave his facial hair. Good thing he didn’t wound himself but shove the blade away from his beautiful face. Meanwhile, Vernon was going into the zone after his nice meditation to focus. Unfortunately, the shout made him fall off the seat. Lastly, Dino was in the middle of his warm up for the ‘Dino Danceology’ went forgetting all his processed and near polishing steps when the music started. And last but not the least, Hoshi, who’s running with numerous “Why? Why? Why? Why?” all the way to their eldest’ room witnessing Jeonghan wail.

 

Seungkwan approached and said “Why, hyung? Is something hurting you?” as he wiped tears off on Jeonghan’s face.

 

Jeonghan was originally sleeping from the treatment. He’s got a little high after the numerous medications from the time as prescribed. Now, he was crying hard. People were worried.

 

“What happened?” asked Vernon. “Hyung. Tell us what you need.”

 

“Is it painful somewhere?” worried Soon Young.

 

But, Jeonghan doesn’t seem to hear and see them and uttered “Why are you crying? I’m right here? Don’t you see?” out of the blue.

 

“What are you talking about, hyung? We are not.” Stated Jun.

 

However, no matter how they speak, Jeonghan won’t stop.

 

“This is bad.” Murmured Minghao- a little panicky. “Should we call the others?”

 

“Do you think, it’s because of the medicine?” asked Seungkwan.

 

“Poor Jeonghanie.” Stated Jun.

 

“Should call the others now?” asked Dino ready with his phone.

 

“Yeah.”

 

It was in the middle of the night and everyone was preparing to go to sleep in dorm 1 when they received a call from their youngest. After receiving the alert, they all went to Dorm 2 at once.

 

Now, Jeonghan was enraged. He’s having a sudden series of emotion shifts and it confused the others. They had no clue on what to do. Later on, he’s screaming.

 

At the right timing, the person he’s screaming at had just come inside the room. “Ya! Choi Seungcheol!”

 

Seungcheol became scared while Joshua made him his barrier assuming that he’d be called next.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“Joshuji!” he called next. Joshua was correct with that.

 

“What’s that?” Joshua murmured as he became anxious.

 

“Pull yourself together!” Jeonghan added with his screaming tone.

 

“What’s with him?” Seungcheol hesitated to enter, as well as Joshua.

 

“What happened?” asked Mingyu.

 

“I don’t know. He’s some kind of hallucinating.” Explained Jun.

 

“What?” the others became alerted.

 

“Ya!” Jeonghan screamed at the top of his lungs. The others were flustered. “Can’t you hear me?” he called.

 

“What is he doing? Do you perhaps gave him alcohol?” suspected Wonwoo.

 

“We will never do that.” Defended the other group.

 

“I’m scared to go near him.” said the coward Seungcheol and pushed Joshua forcefully.

 

Joshua had no choice. He had to do it with his gut left from the scream of Jeonghan calling his name like he did something wrong. He approached slowly. When he’s successful sitting beside Jeonghan, he touched his hair as the first necessary step. “Shhh… Hush now. What’s the problem?” patting Jeonghan gently, hoping that this has effect or something that would make Jeonghan scream and lose his voice. Moreover, to save them all from Jeonghan’s unknown anger.

 

Later on, Jeonghan’s voice become weaker but his tears were infinite. Mingyu had his enormous hands wipe off his hyung’s tears at once because they were over flowing and somehow it weakens their heart too.

 

“Stop crying, hyung.” Said Mingyu. On the other hand, DK was about to cry because he’s empathizing with Jeonghan and felt so sad because he seemed in pain. A moment later, looked like Jeonghan has given up and completely lose his energy.

 

“I’m fine. Don’t cry. Why are you crying for me? I do not deserve this. I’m sorry.”

 

“Jeonghan hyung.” Called Dino. “Don’t worry. We’re fine. Calm down.” Helped with caressing him.

 

Meanwhile, the others looked at the people whom Jeonghan scolded earlier and thought that maybe they did something wrong.

 

“Hyung, do you perhaps, anger Jeonghan hyung?” asked Woozi beside Seungcheol.

 

“I don’t remember a recent one.”

 

“Hmmm… must be from the past.”

 

Seungcheol and Joshua tried to remember any circumstances that would enraged him like that. It was the first time he’s done that. Must be so hard for him to contain anymore. However, they couldn’t think of any. Besides, how would they know If he planned to hide it to himself? It was just so scary right now.

 

“Can you check his blood pressure?” asked their eldest.

 

Seungkwan acted and get the machine. DK was in charge of assisting.

 

“Maybe, it’s his medication.”

 

Soon after, Jeonghan could hear and see clearly. He looked so tired and went back to sleep gradually with feeling light headed.

 

The next morning, when Jeonghan was completely awake, his memories from the last night flashed in an instant. He blushed in embarrassment and he didn’t want to show his face anymore. Unfortunately, he became hungry. He tried to spy on the outside if there were people. Well, there they were all at one place, waiting for Jeonghan to wake up. All of them slept there because they were worried. Sometimes, they were thinking if they even needed two dorms because they all stay in one place anyway. But it’s all for nothing because Jeonghan was totally fine right now and his actions were just because of his medicine and also hallucination.

 

Because of the sound of the door squeaking, Jeonghan got caught. As a result, 12 pair of curious eyes saw him sneakily opening the door. Jeonghan was surprised and stood up straight. Goodness! Were they hunters in their previous life?

 

“Oh!”

 

“You okay?” asked Seungcheol who was keeping his distance still.

 

“uh-yeah. Why are you keeping a distance?” asked Jeonghan awkwardly because he didn’t remember the latter.

 

“Uh- because… Umm.” Seungcheol couldn’t explain and here’s Joshua, also keeping distance and the sharp things out of sight because Jeonghan might still in his dreams and he feared that he would become berserk- a characteristic they didn’t know up until he show it now.

 

“We… I mean. You-“stammering for the first time.

 

“What? Is there any problem?”

 

“Uh- you were-“before Joshua could explain, Jeonghan lifted his hands to stop them but the two flexed as if their life depends on it.

 

Jeonghan was surprised on how they acted. They looked weird. “What are you guys doing?”

 

“Let me explain.” Interrupted Wonwoo, bravely. “Yesterday, you woke up crying.”

 

“Oh- yeah. Yeah. Please don’t continue Wonwoo ya. It’s embarrassing.” Said Jeonghan.

 

“You remember?” asked Mingyu.

 

Jeonghan nodded as to what he remembered and not the ones that happened latter which could answer Seungcheol and Joshua’s defensive instict.

 

“You were yelling at Seungcheol hyung and Joshua hyung. You seemed so angry at them, hyung.” Added Jihoon. “What did they do?”

 

“I did?” asked Jeonghan in surprise. “Omo!”

 

“You okay?” asked Joshua, still in their defensive position.

 

Jeonghan suddenly bowed and said “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to shout.”

 

It freak them out. Even the young ones.

 

“Calm down, hyung. Explain what happened.” Asked Wonwoo.

 

Since it was an unidentified event. Which Jeonghan remembered him as an unseen person as such of a ghost, while there’s a group of people crying in circles with his picture on the frame, he didn’t remember having those memory in real life and wasn’t so sure where it came from.

 

Jeonghan walked towards the boys, the two eldest had to prepare while the rest were definitely confident because they weren’t involved in his anger.

 

Jeonghan was actually mad of himself. He was calling Seungcheol and Joshua because they were the eldest and they should be strong. Seungcheol was the one to shed tears. It’s not good. He was thinking that his team would get weaker if they see the strongest man in their team weak.

 

Jeonghan, without a word, embraced Seungcheol and Joshua. He called the others to join and said “I love you all. I’m sorry, I am so bad to all of you.”

 

“Why speak like that. It’s scaring me, hyung.” Stated DK.

 

Jeonghan smiled. “It’s nothing. I am probably hungry.”

 

.

.

.

 

Things were getting better, as well as their choreography. Also, they’ve come to their senses that they want Seungcheol as their general leader, no offense to General Hong, but their Seungcheol hyung feels so right. Not because they didn’t like Joshua’s reign, but fear comes first in their mind when he reign for just a day. Seungcheol suddenly received good hugs, kisses and in kind offerings. He’s feeling like a god.

 

“What’s happening to you guys?” asked Seungcheol suspecting that its either they need something or had done something. “You tell me honestly.”

 

Mingyu came to whisper. “Seungcheol hyung. We love Shua hyung so much, but you are the father of the group. Don’t ever give the throne to General Joshua. Ever again.”

 

“Have mercy.” Begged DK.

 

Seungcheol remembered and he giggled. “What’s wrong? He’s a good leader.” Said intentionally louder so Joshua could hear. Now he had the idea and laughed at it too.

 

In exchange, Mingyu slammed his big hand to their eldest and Jihoon panicky approached and whispered. “If you want to live, just shut your mouth.”

 

Seungcheol was shocked. “What? You are going to treat me like this every time, don’t you? Just because I am kind, it doesn’t mean y-“ before he continued, Jihoon already slammed his hand over the big puppy’s hand.

 

“Shhh.”

 

Wonwoo came near, insert a food that DK made on Seungcheol’s mouth forcibly. It’s an order and asked “How does it taste, hyung?” with a wide communicating eyes telling him to shut up.

 

“Ya. This is somehow offending me.” Said Seungcheol in shock, as well as, feeling offended.

 

“We love you hyung~” sand DK loudly.

 

“And me?” asked Joshua with a dead tone.

 

“You too~ I love you~” DK feeling the pressure as his sweat came plenty out of his forehead for a matter of seconds.

 

“He meant WE.” Corrected Mingyu. “We love you hyung~” went to him and embraced him with his bear hug.

 

“I can’t breathe.” Joshua stated. An immediate release was made and Wonwoo was there standby to slap Mingyu on the head. “Idiot. You are getting us in trouble.” He whispered.

.

.

.

 

It was Sunday and still the others were still busy. Seungkwan had a shoot that day but Vernon was having a fight with him at the kitchen. They caused a fuss that caught everybody’s attention because they looked serious.

 

“Hey. Hey.” Started Minghao to make them calm down.

 

“What wrong?” added Jeonghan. 

 

“It is early for a fight, hyung.” Said Dino.

 

Vernon didn’t answer those questions and kept the frown on his face. He even throw the towel with force and said “Then, I don’t care anymore.”

 

It was a surprising act from Vernon. He’s never done that before. Jun was frightened to what he witnessed. Hoshi became speechless. That’s an attitude they’ve never see in Vernon ever. Then, the only one who could answer their question was Seungkwan.

 

“Seungkwan. You have to explain this. What happened between you two?” asked sternly by the eldest in their room.

 

“That’s nothing. He’s just over reacting.”

 

“What is it?” asked Hoshi.

 

“I just felt a little hot. I told him not to worry because I already drank my medicine and I am getting better.”

 

Jun went forward to see if Seungkwan was right. He was a little hot, yeah but he didn’t know how hot he was when Vernon found out. “He’s a little hot.”

 

“You okay with doing your job?” asked Minghao.

 

“Yes.” Acting vigorously like normal.

 

“Sure?” asked Jun again.

 

“Yup hyung. No need to worry. Gotta get going.”

 

“Seungkwan. Should I come with you?” asked Jeonghan being worried about their best MC.

 

“No need. I have manager. And if it worries you so much, I can text you everytime for update.”

 

Time had passed and nothing strange was happening to Seungkwan except he’s sleepy and beginning to get hot again. His manager had already advised him to stop and go home instead because his fever are returning back but Seungkwan replied “I’m going to be fine, hyung. Have no schedule for next week. At least a lot lesser than this schedule, so I can rest and don’t worry, I am fine.”

 

Meanwhile, Vernon was still not in the mood to talk to anybody. It frustrates them seeing him in a foul mood. He went outside to cool down. On the other hand, Dino was always assigned to bring out the garbage when he saw tissues full of red spots. Then, he knew why Vernon was angry. “Hyung!” Dino called before he disregard the evidence.

 

“Yes?” asked Minghao and Jun who were the nearest.

 

“I think, Vernon hyung was angry because Seungkwan hyung had a nosebleed and a fever. You know Seungkwan hyung doesn’t know restrictions sometimes.”

 

“I will definitely scold him when he get back.”

 

“That’s for sure.” Jeonghan and Hoshi added at the back when they heard the story.

 

Going home, Seungkwan fell deeply asleep in the van. His manager checked his temperature and it suddenly rise up resulting for another nosebleed which the boy didn’t notice as he was in a deep sleep.

Good thing they have prepared their kits in case of emergency as such. Thank goodness that the bleeding stopped immediately as well.

 

Going home, Seungkwan was walking slowly. He was dragging himself because of the fatigue. The manager had went ahead to bring his stuffs to their dorm. Since Seungkwan was too excited to reach up because he’s too tired wanting to go to bed immediately, he unconsciously walked up using the stairs.

 

Vernon saw him who had just come home from a long hour of stroll. He wondered why Seungkwan was using the stairs when he could wait for the elevator. He thought that maybe he’s out of his mind now that his body made him realize how tired he was. Seungkwan walked slowly and Vernon followed him from a distance the other wouldn’t notice. Slowly.

 

Slowly, Seungkwan went up until he rest his head by the bars. It was near their floor already but Seungkwan was really tired so he got a little rest. Well, Vernon always has a huge spot for Seungkwan in his heart and he couldn’t let a long fight linger between them. A day is too long for him to hold such hatred in his heart.

 

Vernon walked towards Seungkwan to ask for apology but also to let the other know that what he’s doing is bad for his health. It was just so unfortunate when Seungkwan was about to lose consciousness in the middle of walking.

 

On the other hand, Vernon had no clue that Seungkwan’s fever worsen.

 

For a second, Vernon had a bad feeling after seeing Seungkwan slowly lowering his knees. Right after Seungkwan’s arms elevated from the railings, Vernon became alerted. Now aware that Seungkwan might have loss his consciousness. Vernon tried to reach Seungkwan as soon as possible. However, with their distance, it was quite impossible for a good rescue. He tried to leap hoping that it’d save time and would get him immediately to Seungkwan for rescue.

 

Fortunately, Vernon managed to catch his friend from falling completely. He made sure he’d catch Seungkwan with his head protected. It was just unavoidable for Seungkwan to acquire an injuring from the fall. Actually, Seungkwan became conscious for only a few moment when he managed to help himself balance as long as he could. However, he stepped his foot wrongly, making him more unstable, resulting to twisting his ankle.

 

Seungkwan couldn’t hold on. He fell eventually. Then there’s Vernon, miraculously caught him securely.

 

“Seungkwan-ah!” Vernon screamed enough to be heard at Dorm 1, just beside the stairs, where Seungcheol and the others reside. With the shout, they were startled and made haste to see what happened. They almost dropped their heart from witnessing the two on the stairs.

 

 

Upon the catch, Vernon hit his back hard, although, it wasn’t that serious. Maybe bruises later on. Just that, he was worried that Seungkwan might have acquired serious injury even though he managed to save him.

 

In his arms, Seungkwan looked unconscious. “Seungkwan ah. Hey. Wake up!” the first thing he did was to check his breathing. The next thing was if he was bleeding or if he had broken bones. He was panicking, but he did the right thing. When he heard his hyungs coming down for them, he was relieved somehow. It made him panic when Seungkwan nose bleeds due to a little force from before the fall.

 

“Ya.” Vernon called.

 

“Is he alright?” asked the panicking leader.

 

“Call 911!” shouted Wonwoo. Mingyu ran to their house and find his phone.

 

“He’s sick, hyung. He’s too exhausted.”

 

“Where is manager?”

 

“I don’t know. Probably they went first to deliver his stuffs to their dorm. I saw him waiting at the elevator but he had no patience.”

 

“Jesus!” exclaimed Joshua who was literally panicking as well.

 

Jihoon was speechless. He wanted to do something but his body froze. And for that, he was scolded with “Jihoon-ah! What are you doing there, get me some ice.” Scolded Joshua. With that command, he rushed like how Mingyu came up with big gallops.

 

“y-yeah.” Again he was scolded.

 

“Jihoon-ah! Watch your steps!” this time it was Seungcheol.

 

Double hit for Jihoon. It was the first time he’s been scolded like that in their family. But he couldn’t blame them. He wanted to scold himself too for not doing anything. When he got up, he saw Mingyu whining while calling on the phone. He looked ridiculous but he’s just a puppy with the height. No time to scold the tall puppy because he needed to move fast. Ice and towel! That’s Jihoon’s priority.

 

“Faster. Faster. Jihoon, faster.” Murmuring to himself making him panic more than usual. As a result, he couldn’t use his body function properly like they used to. His legs were paralyzed.

 

Good thing DK wasn’t yet inside the house because if he did, maybe he’d jump to save Seungkwan and would definitely cause another accident. He’s got that impulse sometimes. Dangerous ones.

 

Back to Seungkwan and the others, Seungcheol was also concerned over Vernon because from how they fell, there must be hurting on him too. “You alright?”

 

“Don’t worry about me.”

 

“Let me help.” Assisted Wonwoo but Vernon remained stoic.

 

“No hyung. We shouldn’t move. Seungkwan might have broken bones somewhere. Just please check his feet. Carefully.”

 

“Alright.”

 

Vernon was right. Seungkwan might have a fracture with his swelling feet. “This is bad.”

 

“How bad?” Seungcheol was walking back and forth.

 

“Let’s wait for the medics.”

 

“Wonwoo, can you inform them at the other dorm? Just don’t let them go here. Tell them it’s been taken care of.”

 

Wonwoo agreed.

 

It was a shock. Their manager felt so guilty for leaving him outside alone, although, it was Seungkwan who insisted to let them go first because it’s late and they needed to go home and rest too. Seungkwan was brought to the hospital. Had his legs plastered. Thank goodness it wasn’t that bad. Just need days to be okay, although, he was advised to rest it for months, so it won’t grow as an injury.

 

Vernon became worried. He begged to stay with Seungkwan.

 

As soon as Seungkwan woke up. He saw a boy resting beside him. If that wasn’t a romantic scene he usually sees in drama, Vernon was holding his hand. It was brought onto Vernon’s face, for some reason, the other didn’t know why it was pressed to cup Vernon’s face. Over it was Vernon’s own hand securing Seungkwan’s. What an unpredictable man.

 

Seungkwan could move his other hand anyway, so he caressed the boy who’s waiting for him. Vernon woke up. He had this light sleep that moment because he’s too worried about his friend.

 

“You alright?” asked Vernon in half asleep condition.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“You fell from the stairs.” Reported Vernon.

 

“Really?” the other boy became shocked.

 

“You have a fracture, but it will heal faster unlike the usual. I’m sorry.” Said Vernon in fast pace.

 

Seungkwan was surprised. “Why are you sorry? I am supposed to say sorry because I brought trouble.”

 

“No. I should’ve talked to you calmly that morning.”

 

“Well, it’s partly my fault. And why are you acting like that?”

 

“I just want to fix things between us. I’m terribly sorry. And now you are hurt.”

 

Seungkwan cupped Vernon’s cheeks lovingly. “I’m fine.”

 

“Let’s get better together. I feel responsible. Just call me, alright?”

 

Seungkwan nodded. “Thanks. But let’s just be clear. This isn’t your fault. I should’ve listened to you.”

 

And for the first time, Vernon pat the other’s head and smiled. It felt weird for Seungkwan but he liked it.

 

“Are you alone?”

 

“Seungcheol hyung is talking to the doctor.”

 

“You didn’t tell to mom that I fell, right?”

 

“We did but we made sure to tell them you are fine. Your sister will visit later.”

 

“We cannot be home yet?”

 

“Maybe tomorrow. They’re waiting for your CT scan too, just to be clear.”

 

“I see. Thanks.”

 

“You hungry?” asked Vernon.

 

“A little. Haven’t eaten since yesterday.”

 

“I see. Will get some for you.”

 

“It’s up to you what to get. I don’t want to think anymore.”

 

“Alright. Eat everything. Don’t worry, it’s on your diet.”

 

“Oh, thank goodness.”

 

The boy trusted Vernon and Vernon trusted himself. And good luck to the diet plan. In his mind, he hasn’t eaten for lunch, snack and dinner yesterday. And for today, he hasn’t eat breakfast and lunch and snack. Dinner is separate.

 

He met Seungcheol with the food. Seungcheol thought he bought for them all. But wasn’t it too much with big plastics on hand?

 

“Little boy, what d’you got?”

 

“Food for Seungkwan.”

 

“All of that?” asked Seungcheol with enlarged eyes.

 

“Well. I bought some for us.”

 

“Good. Because I am starving.”

 

“How was Seungkwan according to the doctor, hyung?”

 

“He’s fine. He’s a little dehydrated but he can be well. Let us finish one bag of dextrose and we can go.” confirmed Seungcheol.

 

“Got it.”

.

.

.

Getting into the room, Seungkwan had another problem. “YA! How do I get to eat all these? And when did these okay with my diet plan?”

 

“It’s good for you.” Said Vernon simply. Seungcheol agreed.

 

“If you don’t want, let me have it.” Said Seungcheol.

 

“No.” Vernon won’t allow. “You are on a diet hyung. Besides, it’s Seungkwan’s favorite and he’s sick.”

 

Seungcheol was surprised but he was happy that Vernon did this for Seungkwan. “Oh-okay. Don’t get mad at me. I’ll back off.” Back eating his provided meal. Which was good enough for him and for his diet as well, except the sweets, but he liked it.

 

Meanwhile, inside Seventeen’s house, Joshua was forced to talk to Jeonghan regarding what happened last night because he had this power, as what they’ve known and experienced. Joshua was weary, but again, he needed to because he’s the eldest.

 

They talked. Jeonghan won’t speak at all. He was too embarrassed from the way he acted from yesterday, he didn’t forget. No matter how Joshua talk, Jeonghan won’t reveal himself from embarrassment. In addition, one news. Didn’t know if it was good or bad but Joshua pointed out that since Seungcheol wasn’t there, Jeonghan should lead.

 

“Kids, let’s go to practice!” Jeonghan shoulted.

 

Hoshi was the one doubting. He didn’t move a single step and became sad. Minghao noticed and asked him why he was feeling bad.

 

“I don’t want to practice.”

 

Everyone was surprised. “Why?” asked Jeonghan.

 

Hoshi bowed his head because he was shy. He hid behind the tall creature beside him which was Jun. “Hyung, why are you acting like this?” asked Jun with concern.

 

“I feel guilty.” He whispered. “Don’t tell Jeonghanie hyung. He’ll feel sad.”

 

“C’mon, hyung. It’s not your fault.”

 

“He fainted because of the steps I made.”

 

“I almost died too.” Said Jun jokingly, also informing the cute cub that it’s generally hard for everyone.

 

Hoshi was surprised. He didn’t know what to say. He moved a little step away from Jun when the taller grabbed him with embrace. “Hyung, I was joking. What I meant is, I almost faint too.” He giggled.

 

Wonwoo sighed and pinched Jun on his ears thinking that he’s making it worst. “Idiot!”

 

“Soon Young ah. Let’s go.”

 

“That won’t work, hyung.” Whispered Minghao to the other side.

 

“What’s the problem, Soon Young?” asked Jeonghan. However, the cub wouldn’t speak. Jeonghan called Mingyu on the other side rather than Joshua because he’s still shy with him. He clicked his finger to call the large pup and asked about Soon Young.

 

“Hoshi hyung thinks that it’s his fault that you had an attack last time. I think.” Whispered Mingyu while Hoshi was glaring at him with sharp gazes. “Cover me, hyung. I am dead.” Mingyu panicked after receiving the threat.

 

I’ll take care of you.” Pulled him at his back, although, Jeonghan’s height would really cover a big baby. “Soon Young ah. Let’s practice now, buddy.”

 

Hoshi nodded although, his eyes was constantly delivering a death threat to the tallest. He was dead serious and Jihoon felt that he really meant his emotions. The one that he’s sad and the other one was the death warning. Jihoon shudder because one is equals to all. Good for Jeonghan he’s exempted.

 

“Hyung.” Called Jihoon to Jeonghan trying to tell that they were all dead later.  

.

.

.

PRACTICE ROOM_ JEONGHAN’S REIGN

 

Things were smoothly running in his reign. Hoshi was getting rougher. He’s angry with everybody. Jeonghan was looking at them through the mirror. Hoshi wasn’t saying anything so far. The more he don’t talk, the more difficult the practice was. Dino was the only one talking but now he’s exhausted as well.

 

They won’t stop until satisfaction was clearly heard from Soon Young’s mouth. No one’s talking to him either because they know he’s mad and sad at the same time. It’s like ‘You wanted this, so be it.’ Type of look he’s showing to s that time.

 

“Everyone!” Jeonghan clapped his hands to call everybody’s attention. Everyone was surprised. “That’s all you’ve got?” trying to provoke them, but his voice was a little gentle even though he’s shouting.

 

“Is that all you’ve got?” shouted him again. None of them got scared. He thought it was kind of difficult to be Soon Young. Now he understand. “You! Joshua, you did your stance wrong!” Joshua being his first victim. The first sacrificial lamb as always.

 

“Mingyu! I think you’re a bit lost. It’s visible. It’s like you’re not intact with the team!” Jeonghan scolded.

 

Pointed another man just to make it more believable with his random rants which he invented. “Wonwoo, you look- uh- you look… I mean your face is kind of stiff. Don’t worry, you’re still handsome. So WE RESUME!” he shouted.

 

Jeonghan was trying to be the Monster. It turned out that he’s just a fluffy monster in practice.

 

Dino was really entertained on how Jeonghan imitated their cute tiger but it’s not enough “You want help?” asked the maknae.

 

Jeonghan nodded desperately. Dino directed powerfully. “Soon Young hyung!” he shouted last. “Come here!”

 

Everyone was surprised. He wasn’t sure if that would hurt Hoshi more. Dino was scared too.

 

“Ya!” Soon Young suddenly shouted and rushed to the front. People sensed fight. They tried to stop Hoshi while others were protecting Dino and scolding him at the same time.

 

Ya. You didn’t have to go that far.” Jeonghan scolded.

 

But he needs to act like a leader too, hyung.” Dino defended.

 

“Imma! He’s a bit sensitive too, you see?” added Minghao.

 

While Wonwoo sided Dino like he’s really hunting for blood. “Hoshi-ya, Dino’s right. We are here. We should be professional. Y-“ before he continued. Jun stepped on his foot intentionally to avoid more damages. “Ahrgh!” grunted Wonwoo.

 

“Dear lord!” exclaimed Joshua. “Don’t tell me we’re having it (the fight) right now?” he murmured.

 

“C’mon Hoshi! You told us to be serious because you love the stage. You give us energy even if we are all tired performing. You told us that you love seeing people smile with our performance. “Said Jun.

 

“That’s what I’m gonna say, kitten.” Wonwoo grunted.

 

“Oh! Sorry. I thought you are choosing blood.”

 

“Who would do that?”

 

“Good job, honey.” Whispered Jeonghan.

 

Hoshi was turning red. They were totally scared. Jeonghan, for the first time, didn’t know what to do. It was quiet for a moment.

 

“Let’s keep calm, okay?” said Mingyu who was tensed already because inside his arms was a ranging tiger. He embraced the poor cub for two reasons. To give comfort and also to prevent him from killing.

 

“Soon Young-ah, let’s talk.” said Jeonghan seriously.

 

Soon Young was alerted. He became weak all of a sudden.

 

“Privately.”

 

Jeonghan looked at Joshua and said “You take in charge.” As he entrusted the others to Gen. Hong while the two talk.

 

Boys enlarged their eyes and asked themselves what they did wrong for them to be left in Joshua’s care. “Goodness gracious.” They all murmured. They should’ve told Jeonghan what General truly was.

 

Joshua looked at them with scheme in his laugh.

 

“Uh- we can talk it right here. We understand Soon Young.” Jihoon immediately said to prevent the massacre.

 

Jihoon was looking at General Hong when he received “Is there a problem with me, sweetheart?”

 

Jihoon became stiff. Joshua looked like he’s hungry for power. Now, it’s up to his intuition what to say “Soon Young is a great choreographer and I agree in achieving perfection.” Said him for the first time. Soon Young was kind of surprised too. Although, he knew why.

 

“I think, they need a private talk.” said Joshua lifting his eyebrows with a smile on his face. He looked vicious.

 

Jihoon had left no choice. He need his aegyo. He ran to Soon Young and throw himself for embrace. He gave Soon Young a loving hug. Seeing his action, everybody was in awe.

 

“You are doing great.” Jihoon praising Soon Young with his face blushing until his ears.

 

“I’m sorry hyung. You know you are my idol, right?” Ran Dino and a hug. With a kiss on the cheeks.

 

“I agree. You are our dear wild tiger.” Said Wonwoo thick faced.

 

“Yeah. So fierce.” Added Minghao with adoration.

 

“You are the best choreographer, hyung.” Said Mingyu

 

Joshua followed and piled up to them. Jeonghan then said “Hoshi-ya, we need you to be one of the best teams out there, you see? That’s our dream, right?”

 

“That’s right. I love you.” Answered Soon Young slowly showing his smile with a lighter mood.

 

A whole big hug was offered. “Sorry for acting like a child.”

 

As soon as Hoshi became fine. Jihoon cut his hug anymore. He’s done his limit. Snuck out of the group hug. He’s like a worm crawling himself out.

 

Laughter covered the place.

 

“Jeonghan hyung, you cannot imitate my growl.”

 

“He’s a bunny. He doesn’t make sound.” Said Mingyu.

 

“Yeah. You know because you are a puppy.” Said Jeonghan and giggled.

 

Practice had begun. EXTREMELY. “Damn it!” pant everybody on the floor. Jeonghan find his way to the tall fluffy puppy who had this arm he could rest.

 

“Mingyu ya. Your arms should stay like this. It’s perfect for my neck.”

 

Mingyu giggled. “Sure. I’m hungry.”

 

“I want to buy something from the market.”

 

“Should we go and buy?” asked Mingyu.

 

“For a moment. Still tired.” He giggled.

 

Since it’s a perfect time to have a break, they gathered together. Apart from resting, they got a list of their orders.

It was just early in the afternoon, they should’ve eaten their lunch already. They couldn’t just call through phone because some of their chosen restaurants don’t have delivery. So, they played rock, paper, scissors. Unfortunately, Mingyu and Jeonghan was left out to the task.

.

.

.

 

Gyuhan, as usual, walking with their hands intertwined quite finding the ambiance outside perfect for relaxation. Not much of people yet. The stroll was rather comforting than stress. “Hyung, why do you like walking? Aren’t you tired? I mean you, among all are the ones who get tired so much with some work.”

 

“I enjoyed it but I don’t know the real reason. Maybe I think of it as an exercise.”

 

“I see.”

 

They saw a good noodle restaurant. It’s a kalguksu shop and on the other side, a dimsum restaurant. “You want to eat those?” Mingyu need not confirm because Jeonghan had already eyes on them with a really hungry look.

 

“There’s a problem, Mingyu.”

 

“What?”

 

“Can’t kinda feel my legs but I am really hungry, so if it’s okay-“

 

Mingyu lend his back. It was not actually what Jeonghan meant. He meant, if it was okay if he’d wait outside. It was so embarrassing hunching on the taller’s back in the middle of the street. “Hop on.”

 

“Uh- Gyu, I cannot literally move my lower body.”

 

“Oh! Does it hurt?”

 

“Not now.”

 

“Will it be?”

 

“I don’t think so.”

 

“But I am hesitant leaving you here.”

 

“I’m good. Just buy me many dimsum.”

 

“Will be back as soon as I finish ordering.” Mingyu carried him a bit to where he could sit. Although, Jeonghan’s whole feet was frozen into standing position.

 

“Will be fine. Don’t worry. Just go for the food. I’m hungry.”

 

Meanwhile, the boys on the practice room heard a ringing phone. Actually, it’s not just one but two. They thought the two boys left their phone. In Jeonghan’s phone, there’s an appointment with Doctor Eric. In Mingyu’s, he should be in a rehearsal for MCing.

 

“Somebody run to let them know. I’m so tired, I can’t feel my legs.” Said Soon Young, who was now relaxed.

 

One spank him. It was Jihoon, and said “Its your fault. You are too energetic.”

 

“I think, I can.” Volunteered Wonwoo because he’s so hungry too. Maybe he could buy something for himself while searching the road. It was just a straight road, so maybe they’re just near knowing that there’s not much time left.

 

And minutes after walking straight with a potato crunch on his hand, he saw pooling students over a person. The hoodie looked familiar, but the chocolate tall man was missing. He went closer and confirmed that it was Jeonghan left with students that were trying to take a pictures with him, and since the poor Jeonghan couldn’t move his leg. He just entertain them all. Mingyu was already across the road.

 

Meanwhile, Wonwoo was getting closer. “Hyung!” he called. But of course, girls were pooling around him too. He just smiled. Take a group photo and excused themselves, but that time Jeonghan still couldn’t move his legs.

 

“What’s the matter?” asked Wonwoo. Jeonghan requested for him to get closer so he could whisper.

 

“Can’t move my legs. Guess I worked out too much?”

 

“Not an attack?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Then… does it take long?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“You have an appointment with Doctor Eric after lunch. Did you remember?”

 

“Dang it!” of course, he would forget. That’s why he develop a habit of setting his phone alarm in every appointment. “Can I eat here? Do you have schedule this afternoon?”

 

Wonwoo smiled and said “Nope.”

 

“Can you-“

 

“Yeah. Sure.”

 

“Thanks.”

 

“I’ve been waiting for our date, but it’s taking soooooo long, hyung.”

 

“Sorry. Be patient. You are the last one, aren’t you?”

 

Wonwoo sighed. Now, he’s learned his lessons well.

 

The tall puppy came. Since Wonwoo now was with Jeonghan, he made his way to the noodle shop and got all his orders. Run to the dumpling shop and also collect their meal. Thank goodness Wonwoo came.

 

The errand was finished. Time to go to the office and eat. “Ummm. Just need, maybe a little lift. Can carry some.” Said Jeonghan. “So sorry guys.”

 

Wonwoo and Mingyu looked at each other. “Should I carry Jeonghanie?” asked Mingyu since he’s obviously the strongest.

 

On the other hand, Wonwoo doubted because he’s a little clumsy and one bump, there’d be a high chance getting into a minor accident. Food is replaceable. Jeonghan is not. So the things has been decided. It was a tough decision for Wonwoo to make, nevertheless, they make it through. Although half way, Jeonghan could already move his legs.

.

.

.

 

HOSPITAL

 

Jeonghan was there with Wonwoo in the same room. Doctor Eric did examine him and put him into some quick exercise. Wonwoo noted that he couldn’t feel his legs earlier so it can also be checked. Good thing he said that because Jeonghan forgot about it.

 

Few injections and pill he’s taken once again. He went light headed as expected. Today, it was just pure vitamins and calming things but it’s still affecting him so much.

 

Wonwoo was there and while waiting, he donated blood as well. Visited Ye Jun for a while and return back to the clinic bringing Jeonghan’s favorite drink.

 

It was a fine day. A good weather with the fresh breeze. Jeonghan was waiting for his turn to use the room where they’d get injections on his back, so they walked first and have drinks that Wonwoo bought for them.

 

They walked into the gardens. It’s too quiet. But of course, it’s Wonwoo. But it didn’t bother Wonwoo and Jeonghan at all. It’s the usual WonHan bonding. It’s just that, Jeonghan had not yet get any clue on how close they were before since he couldn’t yet retrieve everything from his memory. But the feeling was comfortable. Not bad.

 

“Wonwoo ya.”

 

Wonwoo looked at him with a little smile. “Mn?”

 

“Are we this close before? Sorry, my brain is scattered and couldn’t yet identify which is which.”

 

“Oh. We are not.”

 

“Really?”

 

“What do you remember of me?”

 

“Quiet and mysterious but not in a bad way. I’ve been seeing weird stuffs but, I think, it’s due to my dream.”

 

Wonwoo chuckled. “We’re closer than this and we are more than how your dreams interpreted me to you.”

 

“I did not mean to offend you, Wonwoo.”

 

“I’m not offended.” Looking at Jeonghan’s overall weak look, he murmured. “You are still beautiful.”

 

Jeonghan was surprised and blushed. He’d never imagine Wonwoo saying that to him.

 

Y-y-“ Jeonghan was left stuttering.

 

“Everybody tells you that. Although, I don’t think, I do that often.”

 

“Oh- I see. Why so?”

 

“I know you are confident of your looks, hyung.”

 

“I think you are too. I remember you saying that in front of the camera.”

 

Wonwoo laughed. “Yeah. I do that. Never say that I am not confident with my looks.” Looking at how Jeonghan would react.

 

“Tsk. This man!”

 

“If you may, may I ask how far did you remember about US?”

 

“Well, the order is quite weird but I guess I am feeling confident of you all. I mean my guts. But not a lot in my memory. And please don’t get sad. I know I owe you a lot.”

 

Wonwoo was looking at him with a cute smile. Jeonghan became shy. “Don’t push it. Just let it flow. Remembering so hard will just give you headaches. Don’t mind us. We already get what we wanted.” He said lovingly.

 

“The what?”

 

“You.”

 

“Oh, Wonwoo. Don’t kill me in this kind of scene.”

 

“Am I?” he chuckled.

 

“Did I offend you somehow?”

 

“No. I’m actually happy. I’ve been waiting for my turn. It turns out that our turn wasn’t as easy as before.” He sighed.

 

“Don’t worry, I got you extra things to do.” Jeonghan winked.

 

Oh boy… extra things to do? From what he heard from Dino, they did extreme rides. Dear Lord! Wonwoo hoped that it wasn’t as wild as Dino. He’s one of the people who doesn’t like moving and talking much so hopefully, it’s not that extreme.

 

“I see.” Quite troubled somehow.

 

“Wonwoo?”

 

“Mn?”

 

“What things do we usually do?”

 

“You’ve got a few things to remember from me. I’m quite quiet and I often get the mood. Mnn?” having a hard time expressing what he wanted to say, he returned the question to Jeonghan so he could elaborate if he needed one to be cleared out.  “How about this. What do you remember about me?”

 

Jeonghan stopped because somewhere in his brain, he could see those kissing on the couch after a fight, he thought. That shouldn’t be mentioned. He didn’t even know if that was a dream. Same with the others too.  Although, that long pause has informed Wonwoo, that maybe he’s remembered things they needed to be buried as per Seungcheol.

 

“A few, maybe?” said Wonwoo.

 

“Ah-yuh- Just a few. But not very few.” Jeonghan forced a cough.

 

Wonwoo couldn’t erase the past from Jeonghan’s memory, either way they have to reveal it someday. But for now, maybe it wasn’t the right time and maybe it’s Jeonghan’s call if he would still continue with that kind of relationship.

 

Wonwoo realized that it must be hard for someone to love so many of them all at the same level. Back then were the days they were selfish. And besides, from all those times, Jeonghan wasn’t the one initiating the kisses but him. Wonwoo thought the same things for the others as well. He believed that Jeonghan was just forcing himself to go beyond where they wanted to take him. Or was it just their fantasies? No one was certain if Jeonghan liked it or somehow being pressure as well. He loved the group so much and he’d do everything just to keep them altogether.

 

“Hyung, you never let me kiss you.”

 

Jeonghan was coughing from what he heard. And Wonwoo now knew that there’s been something on that words with Jeonghan. He believed that it wasn’t easily get erased from the memory.

 

“I adore you so much. I want to get closer to you before. We are weird when we were trainees. But when we started chatting, I adore you more and more. Even if you tease us at times. I mean most of the time.” He giggled. “You never let me kiss you as a way of saying thank you. And please do remember that you are the only person I am comfortable giving my kisses.” The younger teased.

 

“W-what K-“

 

“Forehead or cheeks. Up to you.”

 

Jeonghan’s trouble became a relief.

 

“I never let you know how much I respect and love you. I always act strongly before you because I want your attention.” He smiled. “I have to be honest since that’s what you want.”

 

Jeonghan was listening.

 

“I was terrible when you are gone.”

 

“Oh.” The sadness in Wonwoo’s eyes was equivalent to his loving ones. “I- I’m so sorry.”

 

“Well, we all are.”

 

“I don’t want to be your burden.” Jeonghan feel sadden.

 

“You are not.” Wonwoo smiled again and find a wishing flower on Jeonghan’s cheeks. He took if off gently “You should make a wish.”

 

Jeonghan did. Hoping that it will come true.

 

“Wonwoo yah, I never feel that you are actually strong. Your honesty makes you somehow vulnerable but I like it.” Smiled Jeonghan.

 

“I guess so. It brings me a lot of trouble too. My temper isn’t that great either.”

 

Jeonghan chuckled. “You know yourself that much and that’s good.”

 

“Jeonghan-ah?” Wonwoo called. “Can we hold hands?”

 

Jeonghan gave his. “Sure!”

 

Sure enough, Wonwoo grabbed it gently and grabbed to so he could place a gentle kiss on it. “I’ll try to be soft starting from now.”

 

“Don’t change yourself just for me.”

 

“I decided it because it’s better. I might get too greedy at times. Please tell me honestly.”

 

“Sweet boy.”

 

“Do you like the smell of Lavender?”

 

“I do. You smell like them now actually.” Now that he noticed.

 

Wonwoo chuckled. “I bought one pot because the ahjumma made them sale for me.”

 

“They smell so good.”

 

“From now on. I’ll try to be your lavender. Besides it’s smelling good and actually good for rhinitis and to calm people. Lavender flowers are known to represent purity, silence, devotion serenity, grace and calmness.”

 

“I think that suits you well.”

 

“I will try to be.” Wonwoo chuckled. “Give me another chance to show you who I am.”

 

“Will do.” Jeonghan smiled.

 

“Hyung, the last time you said we don’t deserve you. Is it okay to know what it is you are thinking then?”

 

“Oh. I think I am having a dream.” Jeonghan explained as he was sadden.

 

“And, the saddest part I heard was those lines. I don’t understand.”

 

“It’s because, I know you are too rewarding for me to have.”

 

“Do you like it?” asked Wonwoo.

 

“I do, but I am worried.”

 

“About?”

 

“About hurting you again.”

 

Wonwoo looked at him. Jeonghan seemed not the person in disguise anymore. He’s the real person which was part of a good and a scary one. “I am scared of what you are saying.”

 

“I feel guilty of things, Wonwoo.” Jeonghan hesitantly explained.

 

“May I ask?” asked Wonwoo gently.

 

“I think I am not yet prepared to tell you.”

 

“Will I be, if you are?”  asked Wonwoo mysteriously.

 

“That’s what I am worried about. I think, I might hurt you badly but someday, you will know. You all have the right to know.”

 

“I see.”