CHAPTER 24: OUT OF CONTROL

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

RESET

 

CHAPTER 24: OUT OF CONTROL

 

Jeonghan had his list with him. Seungkwan was the next person to date, but the boy couldn’t yet move. Jeonghan could actually just push his wheels and tour him around. Nothing much to happen. In addition, his friends probably wouldn’t allow since he’s alone with Seungkwan. They were worried for the both of them in case something would happen.

 

“Seungkwanie? Would you like to push through with our date?” asked Jeonghan because it was also an appointment and Jeonghan didn’t want to miss it.

 

“It’s fine with me. Actually, I’ve been waiting for it. You set the date a long time ago, so it’s probably a onetime event in a year or so. It’d be sad if we couldn’t go. Though, I doubt they’d let go of us without chaperon.”

 

Vernon was beside and accidentally hearing all the conversation happening between the two. He then thought of a suggestion. “Hyung, I can go with you. If that’s okay.” He did so since someone has to push Seungkwan’s chair while monitoring Jeonghan.

 

“Are you sure?” then, he looked at Seungkwan. “You okay with that?”

 

“Yeah. That’d be fun. How about with you, hyung?”

 

“No problem with me. Just have to set things up.”

 

“Sorry, hyung.”

 

“No. No. don’t worry about that. Everything will be handled. Let’s just make another date if you want.” He smiled.

 

So, it’s going to be a triple treat. It’d be so unfair for them both, but he’d try his best not to disappoint the two. When they consulted the others, they seemed okay with that. At least someone would be there in case something happens.

 

The next Thursday, they were all set. Jeonghan managed to get extra admissions so they could all join together. He had two dates on the spot, so he divided each destination in alternate so nobody gets bored.  

 

Ready to go, Jeonghan was so excited for both of them with the set up he made. He was confident that both would like what he prepared. Inside the car, there were little chit chats, a few stop overs and a little bit dozing off since Jeonghan wasn’t the one who was driving.

 

And the date started with fishing to the nearest river. It’s quite exquisite with the yacht rented since they were three. Jeonghan, Seungkwan and Vernon were living their lives in that expensive boat dressed in some Hawaiian shirt with flowers on their ears. In addition, champagne and a few well prepared seafood really stuffed their day with happiness, not only their stomachs and self-esteem. They took a few Polaroid. It looks luxurious but they are just not, so how was that supposed to end? At least they were happy enough.

 

Their next stop was seeing a puppet show. That was supposed to be for Vernon. Not that he likes them but Jeonghan thought it would widen Vernon’s interest. As well as shopping in a vinyl shop full of old tapes and music.

 

Jeonghan was never wrong. He did a great job for also getting Seungkwan’s interest in it.

 

The last stop was to watch a very famous and harmonious Orchestra in the country. It was the best! They felt really relaxed. Moreover, happy. The combination wasn’t really comprehensive like the other dates but it had introduced new interests to the younger ones. Dinner was also sumptuous with a three person admissions to the night trip of a cruise ship. They serve good food and music as well.

.

.

.

After a tiring and happy date with their hyung, they rest a few moment by a convenient store, short ride going to their dorm.

That time, Vernon was left with Jeonghan because Seungkwan had to answer some calls with the manager about his schedule. It was important, so he needed a quiet place to talk. When the two noticed the silence between them, the older noticed that Vernon always look at Seungkwan with his most endearing and warm gazes, even now that he’s going somewhere to talk.

 

“What’s with that gaze, Vernon?” Smiled warmly while leaving Vernon clueless “You need to tell me honestly, do you like Seungkwan? Just between the two of us.”

 

“Yeah.” Answered the younger. “He needs me.”

 

Jeonghan chuckled. “How sweet of you. I can see that you need him too. Does he know?”

 

“I cannot do that.”

 

“Scared?”

 

“Probably.” Admitted the younger.

 

“Well, I’m sure Seungkwan likes you the way you do.”

 

Vernon chuckled. “I don’t know. He has lots of friends.”

 

“But there’s only one Vernon.”

 

“I hope so too.” Looking now at the older one. “Hyung, you be honest with me now.”

 

Jeonghan was listening.

 

“You remember things do you? The sad and the awkward ones?”

 

Jeonghan was quite surprised.  On the other hand, with that reaction, Vernon knew he was right.

 

“Do you think, you remember almost everything?”

 

“Mn… since got no escape from that question anymore, I’ll say yes, but sometimes, I tend to forget.”

 

“I see. But if some things bothering you, you are free to talk to use. We’ve matured lately and I think no matter what happens, we’ll understand.”

 

Jeonghan was seemed puzzled in his speech, so it needed to be cleared.

 

“I was a fool before. No offense to this, hyung but maybe we are all focused on you. That’s where the begging of attention came from.”

 

Jeonghan was quite amused and so he chuckled. “I see. You were all scared. I understand that. And thank goodness you finally cleared things for yourself. I’m glad you’ve found yourself now.”

 

“I know I can’t explain things like others. I love you but-“

 

“No need to defend yourself, Vernon. I know. I should be the one apologizing.”

 

“You did nothing wrong.”

 

Jeonghan sighed. He was scared of the troublesome confession he’s planning to do soon. “I actually have something to apologize to all of you.” As he speak, his sighs were becoming heavier. “I’m scared you might hate me.” A hint he always tell to people.

 

“You want to tell me?”

 

“It’s quite complicated. I know I might offend every single one of you, but I got to gather more courage to do so. If you’d allow me, I need more time. Just until I finish all the dates.”

 

“I’ll be waiting. I think we’ll understand.”

 

“I know, you are all kind and sweet, but I went overboard.” Again their anxious angel sighed. “How ty of me to do that. I couldn’t even remember it for a long time. I didn’t have the opportunity to make it right.”

 

“Just have patience, hyung. Trust us.” Vernon smiled. “I’m sure no matter how you think you hurt us, it cannot beat how in pain we are when you are almost gone.” said Vernon calmly. “We love you, hyung. Nothing will change that. Even if you choose. We should respect. That’s how we are.” The confident boy said. Also, after a while of silence, he smirked thinking who Jeonghan might choose, if his calculations were accurate.

 

“What’s with that smirk, young man?” asked Jeonghan curiously.

 

“I think, I might have a clue on who he is.”

 

“Who? Who is what?”

 

“The one you truly love.” The younger teased.

 

Hearing how bold and confident Vernon said those words, Jeonghan was flustered. However, he became sad thinking that he’s not worthy of the love of that certain person. He even thought that he’s not worthy to be in the group in general. Their love was too precious to hurt them.

 

Jeonghan has come to love each member for who they were and was extremely aware that if they knew what he did before, they might walk away from him which he’s the most afraid of.

 

After a while, Jeonghan forced a smile. Seungkwan came and that’s the hint that they should stop their conversation for the meantime.

 

On the other hand, Seungkwan might have thought that the two had a serious conversation “What’s up? You both look serious.”

 

“I’m moved to what Vernon had shared to me. He’s such a nice person.”

 

“Aigoo, here’s the drama again.” Seungkwan chuckled. “Hyung, before we go, can we buy ice cream please?”

 

“Will buy.” Volunteered Vernon. “What flavors do you want?”

 

“Strawberry Yogurt.” Said Jeonghan.

 

“I’d probably go for Choco.” Said Seungkwan.

 

“Be right back.”

 

As soon as Vernon went out, Seungkwan went close and asked “What did Vernon told you, hyung? Did he tell you some offensive things? Although I don’t think he’d do that… but his words are quite, you know what I mean.”

 

Jeonghan giggled “Nothing to worry about, Seungkwan. He did nothing but to comfort me… What do you think about having pizza and tteokbokki for dinner?” changing topics was Jeonghan’s talent. His diversion technique improves everytime he uses it.

 

“That sounds great! And hyung, thank you for this date. It’s amazing!”

 

Since Seungkwan seemed delighted, Jeonghan was relieved. “Glad you like it.”

 

“Hyung.” Seeing that the older seemingly feeling weak. “What’s the matter?”

 

“To be honest. I got a little tired today.” Jeonghan chuckled.

 

“You sure is. I can tell with those sleepy eyes. Should we go directly home after Vernon returned?”

 

Jeonghan laughed. “My eyes speaks better than my mouth, I guess. Seungkwan, don’t panic but I think my head feels so light.”

 

“Alright, hyung. Just stay calm until Vernon arrived.” But the younger was completely the one to panic.

 

“You should stay calm.” Jeonghan giggled. “Can I lean on you?”

 

Seungkwan agreed by singing hip hop’s ‘Lean on Me’ until Vernon returned. Jeonghan had fallen asleep, whether or not they know it was an attack, Vernon carried Jeonghan and carefully transferred him to the van.

 

“He looks very tired.” Said Vernon.

 

“I know. His stamina is only good for half a day especially when he’s with more than one member.” Seungkwan giggled.

 

“I think so.”

 

Jeonghan became awake in the middle of the ride. He felt refreshed somehow. Guess the exhaustion for dating two person at a time demanded too much energy from him.

 

“How was your sleep?” asked Seungkwan.

 

“I feel refreshed.” Jeonghan giggled frivolously.

 

“That’s nice.” Relieved Vernon.

 

“I want pizza and drinks and some chicken and tteokbeokki.” Said Jeonghan excitedly.

 

“Wow! You look very hungry.”

 

“I think I am. Tsk! I want ramyeon too.”

 

“Let’s work that out when we get home.”

 

In the gate, a van was recently parked just before they stop by the front of their building. The van was obviously one of theirs’.

 

“Someone just got home.” Jeonghan murmured. He went out the van the same time Mingyu went out. “Oh! Mingyu!” called the older.

 

Mingyu was feeling exhausted. But since it was Jeonghan calling him, he displayed a wonderful smile, despite feeling his eyes heavy.

 

“Oh, poor hyung.” Uttered Seungkwan who was riding Vernon at his back. They both went ahead while the two older was left alone collecting Mingyu’s stuffs in the van.  

 

“Psst. Mingoo. Wake up!” teased Jeonghan.

 

“I am.”

 

“You want some beer?”

 

“We don’t have it at home.”

 

“Let’s go buy some.” invited Jeonghan.

 

Mingyu looked at Jeonghan thinking whether to grant Jeonghan’s request or to decline to go to sleep immediately.

 

“Where do we buy?” now, Mingyu’s stamina was depending on how far the location would be. The assessment has begun.

 

“To the grocery store. We’ll buy for everyone.”

 

That was too far, but, this chance was kind of rare. “Will you treat me beer and more beer?”

 

“Sure. Will tell the kids to order pizza and burger and American food and spaghetti.” He got his phone and call the others to order. Seungkwan and Vernon were surprised that he changed the menu again.

 

“Spaghetti?” asked Seungkwan. “How about tteokbokki?”

 

“Hmmm. Maybe we can buy at the grocery. We’re stopping by to buy beer. You want mozzarella?” just by saying the ingredients, Mingyu was appetized.

 

“Okay, hyung.” Wearing a big excited puppy face again. Looked like the food fueled him. “Hyung. I want barbecue. Can we?”

 

“Alright! Meat it is!”

 

Mingyu nodded in fast pace. “I will drive.”

 

“Ya. You are sleepy. I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

 

“I felt fresh again with those food. Let’s go!”

 

First stop was in the grocery store. Getting the cart, Mingyu and Jeonghan took a little stroll inside a big grocery store, not because they wanted to just wander around and kill time. That time, the members came texting their needs and wants to be bought.

 

“Too many to shop for this night.” Jeonghan giggled.

 

“Jeonghanie?” asked Mingyu. Jeonghan looked at the taller “Are you feeling a little comfortable with us now?”

 

“Yeah. Why? Are you not comfortable with it?”

 

“Oh. I am comfortable. I just don’t want you to force things, you know.”

 

“Thank you for the concern.” With a smile on his face. While choosing the best meat cut in the market, Jeonghan was tempted to do the usual thing he does when he’s bored. He grabbed on Mingyu’s well- shaped biceps, squeezed it softly with both of his hands while the other wasn’t disturbed at all. Later on, while waiting for the counter, he suddenly bit the poor bulk puppy.

 

“Ahck! Ya!” Mingyu cried.

 

Jeonghan giggled. “Sorry. Saranghae~.” feeling guilty with the strength he put on biting but he was so satisfied he did that. Basically, not that guilty at all.

 

“Jeonghanie, you can’t just bite when you are bored. Aigoo, it hurts.” Checking on the portion Jeonghan was patting.

 

“Does it still hurts?” asked the satisfied man.

 

Seeing the teeth dent on his sun kissed skin, he thought it was deep, kind of tattoo that marked evidently on his skin. “Jeonghanie! What did you do?” his sad face shifted to an amused one as he laughed upon seeing his new engravings on his arms. “You like it so much, don’t you? I can see you satisfied.”

 

“Yeah. I felt like teething.”

 

Mingyu sighed. “I’ll buy you a dog toy to bite.” Mingyu responded teasingly.

 

“No, thank you. Your arms is sufficient. They’re much denser, so it’s so satisfying to bite.”

 

Mingyu was shocked, nevertheless Jeonghan was so adorable, but the biting? Not at all. It hurts! They went out to buy the next item on their list- the barbecue since the market couldn’t provide. “Where do we buy them, Mingyu? I’m hungry.” Biting the other again to where his mouth brought him to any of Mingyu’s skin.

 

“Ei, hyung!” defending himself from the biting mosnter because although he liked the skinship, he doesn’t like how the pain felt. “We’re just near. Just-“

 

Too bad, Jeonghan grabbed Mingyu’s hand and bit the cheeks on the side of his palms. “Jeonghan-ah!”

 

“Sorry, Mingyu but I can’t prevent it.”

 

“Aigoo.” Now wearing several bite marks all over his body, they went out to buy a good marinated and also cooked barbeque, so they won’t have to cook anymore. Now, Mingyu was grabbing Jeonghan’s both hands to secure that he doesn’t grab anything to bite on. One hand was enough because the other possessed a quite petite body.

 

After the errands, they went straight home to eat. Once in a while Jeonghan was sleeping while eating. People notice.

 

“Jeonghanie, better finish your food so you can sleep. Don’t force it.” Seungcheol reminded.

 

Jeonghan opened his eyes half just to answer. “But I am really hungry.”

 

They all chuckled. He looked like a toddler never giving up for the food despite the sleepiness. One moment, Jeonghan was falling lower and lower. Seungcheol had to catch him so he couldn’t get hurt Later on. “Aigoo ya, Jeonghanie.” Looking at the piece of spaghetti clinging to his peachy soft mouth and laughed. “Very amusing and cute at the same time.”

 

Jeonghan felt how Seungcheol carefully pulled the long spaghetti out. It made him tickle, so he opened his eyes. Seungcheol was surprised with the waking up. However, what’s more surprising was a good slurp out of the long strand of spaghetti. Seungcheol’s eyes widened. “You are never giving up, aren’t you? Here. Let me help you.” Seungcheol fed him with small amounts at a time while holding Jeonghan’s chin. Just to make sure he won’t drop in case the tired angel fell asleep. And well, just a few moments, Jeonghan as predicted fell asleep resting on Seungcheol’s paralyzed arms.

 

Meanwhile, Jun volunteered to get some wet towel to clean Jeonghan’s face and hands so he’s ready to go to bed.

 

“He hasn’t brushed his teeth yet.” Said Mingyu.

 

“Can you?” asked Minghao.

 

“We should though.” Added Dino since eating all the savory and salty food wasn’t good for the teeth and breath.

 

Joshua agreed and find a way how. “You know, we just have you wash his mouth with wet towel.” He suggested.

 

“How about the bacteria inside?” asked Hoshi.

 

“My boy, it’s just one night.” Joshua said “He always nap.”

 

“Just wake him up, so he can brush his own teeth.” Suggested Woozi. However, Jeonghan was really in a deep sleep. He didn’t move a single muscle, so it’s probably his sickness again.

 

“Let me do the cleaning.” Volunteered Wonwoo. Got his phone and typed ‘How to clean baby’s mouth with teeth.’ On his screen and looked closely. Because no one could make him swallow and throw water by himself and making a toothpaste stock in his mouth was kind of a poisonous plan. Wonwoo got up and get a towel and soaked it in a water but this time with mouth wash in it.

 

“You sure it’ll work?” asked Jun, because if so, he’d ask s to do the same thing in case he fell lazy. Just kidding.

 

“I don’t know. At least we get to remove some things in his mouth before it rots.” Wonwoo answered.

 

The cleaning-baby-Jeonghan’s mouth was carefully operated. Therefore, the steps were the following: they need to get his face cleaned first before they finally put him to bed; Change his pajamas; and lastly, put him to bed. Voila! Sleeping beauty on to bed. For now, Jeonghan was with Dorm 1.

 

The sleeping beauty was put in Wonwoo’s old bed in the living room so he could be watched over. Mingyu volunteered to act as his guardian for the night despite a tired body and a tight schedule. Argument has to be served. However, having the capability of talking endlessly gave Mingyu the advantage. The others surrendered.  

 

Problem solved.

 

Jeonghan was on the side where the wall was and Mingyu stayed beside.

 

It was early dawn when Jeonghan woke up from the discomfort he’s feeling on his arms. He massaged it at first, however, it didn’t seem to work. Giving up, he shifted his interest to drinking water to quench his thirst.

 

He stood up, went to the kitchen and tried to get a glass of water with his available hand. Thank goodness, he was done drinking when a pain crawled to his neck. He dropped the glass as it shattered in sharp pieces on the floor. Since the pain was getting worse, he thought of the things he could do. He’s done Minghao’s technique but his strength couldn’t help.

 

Mingyu on the other hand, woke up with a loud sound. When he go and look upon Jeonghan, he’s not anymore beside him. He immediately rushed off bed to find Jeonghan.  

 

Meanwhile. Jeonghan was becoming scared because he’s near passing out. Since he’s running out of options, he thought that rather than crashing on the shards of sharp glasses still on the floor which would be very troublesome and a lot more painful, he grabbed a piece and pierce himself instead. He inflicted a cut on his palm hoping it would work.

 

Jeonghan didn’t realize how bad he’s done to himself. The pain crawling all over his body was more painful than on his palm. Soon enough, the wound miraculously does him good for taking away the pain caused by his sickness. It’s just that, he’s near bathing in his own blood.

 

Mingyu saw everything. He tried to run and save Jeonghan but he was too late. “Jeonghan hyung!” with full shock written on his face. “Hyung!” he called. “Are you okay?”

 

The blood was obviously flowing out Jeonghan’s palm yet he doesn’t feel much. Only a few moments when he realized that what he’s done was horrible. Jeonghan cried for that reason. However, it made Mingyu panic, blaming himself of what had happened.

 

“My god.” Mingyu grew more in a terrible confusion and anxiety. His eyes was on a hand full of blood.

 

Jeonghan continued crying until his memory drove him from the past to present like a swift wind. Emotions tangled. The reason why Jeonghan became so confused of the current situation.

 

Mingyu did a great job for not crying. Instead, he stayed strong for a while to fix things first before getting emotional since it wouldn’t help much anyway. “Let me tend to this. It hurts, right?” sniffing his nose because he’s acting brave, not to cry. “Come here.” Bringing Jeonghan to a safe place.

 

“I’m sorry.” Said Mingyu as he carefully remove the piece Jeonghan struck himself with. “I’m sorry, I should have listened to hyung.”

 

Jeonghan was still heavily crying, however, unsure of the reason why.

 

Mingyu was panicking because he didn’t know what to do. He would like to shout for help but he was scared to frighten Jeonghan too. “Just a few moments more.”

 

Due to the ruckus, either a member or two would react from the sound. This time, it was Seungcheol and Joshua, coming out from their rooms.

 

“What’s that?” asked Seungcheol when Joshua met him in the corridor. Looking around, they found Mingyu tending Jeonghan with something. Then, he traced what could’ve happened. They look down and saw traces of blood from their kitchen. Sensing that there’s something terrible happened, they kept their sense high and seek for the truth.

 

“I’m sorry, Mingyu. I didn’t mean to scare you.” The two heard from Jeonghan after he came and hug Mingyu with unfinished bandage left on his palm.

 

“What happened here?” asked Joshua with a stern tone, Jeonghan was startled with the call.

 

The two got nearer to check upon Jeonghan’s hand. It was terrible. “Mingyu.” Said Seungcheol sternly.

 

Jeonghan couldn’t recognize either Seungcheol or Joshua’s voice at that moment. Moreover, the voices sounded scary for him. “I’m sorry. It was my fault.” Said Jeonghan with fear.

 

His tone was a bit off. The three of them noticed. “What do you mean?” asked Joshua now with the most delicate tone.

 

“Listen. Don’t get mad at him. It’s not his fault.” Looking at Mingyu who was feeling terribly guilty. Hiding his face so his hyungdeul won’t see him through.

 

Knowing that Mingyu would be feeling terrible to what had happen, Seungcheol had tamed his voice and said “Are you fine, Mingyu?” considering the blood attached to him, as well. They’ll never know.

 

Mingyu nodded.

 

“Mingyu, I guess you are tired too. You should rest.” Seungcheol advised but he’s hearing the taller cry instead of a reply. “Hey, I’m sorry. What I did was wrong. Come here.” And let Joshua do the thing Mingyu left.

 

“Come here.” Called Joshua tamely.

 

They didn’t know that Jeonghan have forgotten them at that time. He’s holding onto Mingyu just still. Felt like if he’d let go of the man, he’d be lost again. Both of the older ones noticed. They looked at each other, both puzzled and didn’t know what to do.

 

“Hey, it’s going to be fine. Look, we’re not scolding Mingyu, alright?” Seungcheol promised if he’s right that his concern was Mingyu.

 

“I won’t go anywhere without Mingyu.” Said Jeonghan in a strange way as if he’s the only man he remembered. Now they know what happened.

 

Still wasn’t so used to being forgotten, the two forced a smile and assured the other that they’d be fine. Joshua looked at Jeonghan’s wounds. They were terrified but managed to compose himself as he’d want to ask “How’s this happen?”

 

“I’m sorry I was asleep.” Said Mingyu, still facing Jeonghan because the other just kept him looking at his side.

 

“I just went for a drink. I don’t know how I break it.” Thinking a bit. “It fell.” As the angel nodded innocently noting that what he confirmed was absolutely true. “I almost got hurt by picking it up. And I almost made Mingyu wounded as well. So don’t get mad at him.”

 

But the wound stated that it’s either he fell any sharp object or it was inflicted somehow because of the deep cut. Joshua looked at Mingyu’s reaction just for the meantime to get a hint of what really happened.

 

However, from what Mingyu could remember, it was different from what really happened. He was running that time because he wanted to stop Jeonghan from hurting himself. He was actually surprised that Jeonghan didn’t remember. If not, lied about it.

 

Mingyu became frozen. It’s like there’s something wrong with it. “Hyung.” He called Jeonghan softly and a little puzzled.

 

Jeonghan’s attention was locked on the taller one.

 

“You don’t remember?”

 

“The what?” asked the other confused.

 

“How did you get the glass?” asked Mingyu.

 

“I went to the drawer, grabbed it and fill it with water.” Stated Jeonghan.

 

“Are you sure?” asked Mingyu again, this time, quite trembling. His fear was obviously all over him now. While the two investigators came to think that their glasses were not placed by the drawers but in the cupboard above.

 

Since Mingyu was getting terrified and unsure about the things Jeonghan was saying, Seungcheol checked upon the kitchen and saw no pieces of broken glass but a small knife on the table with blood covering it. Seungcheol was terrified with that scene. He was not worried only for Jeonghan but for Mingyu too. He rushed to Mingyu to check if he’s fine.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” asked Seungcheol in complete panic.

 

“What’s wrong?” asked Joshua who was getting tensed a little with how Seungcheol behaved.

 

Seungcheol was searching for wounds or probably bruises. Anything that would indicate the two were hurt. Who knows?

 

Mingyu was surprised with the search Seungcheol was making. He’s more of an airport security. Well, more than that, since he’s searching like hell.

 

“What’s the matter hyung?” asked Mingyu with a puzzled face.

 

“Are you hurt somewhere?”

 

“No.” said him. But he didn’t know he had cut on his hand as well, not too deep it’s just a minor cut from stealing away the knife from Jeonghan’s hands.

 

“You got a slice on your hand, Mingyu. Can’t you feel it?” Or maybe it’s the adrenaline. Now that he knew and witnessed it by himself, the puppy had learn the sting the moment he saw it.

 

Jeonghan seemed not to remember things yet, so they let him sleep after he got a real glass of water. Also, Joshua accompanied him to the bathroom so he could clean himself at least and to make sure he’d instruct him where the pain killer is if he needed it for the wound. They’ve called Dr. Eric back then, but that time he was with Ye Jun inside an ICU.

 

“We’ll go to the doctor tomorrow to have your wounds checked.” Said Joshua. But Jeonghan smiled like he doesn’t feel anything.

 

“No need. I think, I’m fine.”

 

The feeling of being estranged was not new to Joshua. However, it still hurt so much. Nevertheless, he needed to adapt until everything turns good. They all needed to endure.  

 

On the other hand, Mingyu was shaking when he told Seungcheol that Jeonghan didn’t get any water or a glass. He got a knife, barely gripping it, and finally a struck was inflicted as soon as he get a good grip on it.

 

“Hyung. He did it himself. Why?”

 

Looking like the younger had some trauma, Seungcheol embraced him like a child and said “Let’s find out why. Did he feel any pain?”

 

“I’m really sorry. You have the right to be mad at me.”

 

“Stop that kid! I know you are tired as well. You should blame me.”

 

“No. I should have listened to you.” Convinced Mingyu.

 

“Stop saying that. It’s no body’s fault. You hear me. You give me a shock. I thought you were stabbed somewhere because you are not moving a while ago.”

 

“Sorry.”

 

“You gave me a mini heart attack.” Said Seungcheol but in relief.

 

“How are you feeling now?” asked the younger based on the series of Seungcheol’s chest pain lately. “I am so worried about you. Actually, we all are.” Explained the younger.

 

“I’m fine. Thanks.”

 

“You don’t dare to lie to us, hyung.”

 

“Nope.” Said Seungcheol. “I hope it won’t return anymore. It’s pain in the . And don’t tell everyone what happened tonight. Let’s just monitor tight. Will talk to Dr. Eric tomorrow. I’ll ask somebody to watch over Jeonghan. Just focus on your job tomorrow.” As if it was easy to be done.

 

“I will try. I’m really sorry about this.”

 

“Shhh. I told you to stop that. You go ahead and sleep.” Advised the other.

 


“I don’t think I can do that right now.”

 

Seungcheol sighed. “Right. You’ve seen more than we do.” Looking at the younger with all his concerns. “We’ll be here. Let’s sleep together.”

 

Mingyu suddenly hugged Seungcheol, so tight and secured. It made the older do the same with soft taps.

 

“Hyung. I am scared.”

 

Seungcheol understood. He tried to lighten up the mood with “You want me to read you a bed time story and kiss you good night?”

 

“Hyuuuuung.” The other complained.

 

“Alright. Got it. Aigoo, what a big baby.”

 

“And you are a bulky one, don’t you dare forget that.” Teased the other. “Love you, hyung.”

 

Seungcheol giggled. “This is so awkward.” Nevertheless, he answered “Of course I love yah, kid. I mean giant kid.”

 

So, Jeonghan had the time to sleep, thank goodness. It was peaceful. Mingyu was staring blankly at the wall while the two older fixed the mess in their kitchen. “Geez. This is so weird. Like I’m cleaning a crime scene or something.” murmured Seungcheol.

 

“You bet. I think we need to disinfect with alcohol because I can still smell the blood all over the place.”

 

“Yeah. I bet so too.”

 

They didn’t bother to ask the other kids with the cleaning because they know they’d have some questions to ask. The two was seen cleaning by their friends the moment they woke up.  Plus, the house smelled like hospital. Boys couldn’t help but to become curious.

 

“Hyungdeul, what’s up?” asked DK who was out for his duty as a chef. He saw Mingyu sitting, and for the first time, he wasn’t part of the cleaning team.

 

“Are you sick, Mingyu?” asked DK as he went to the kitchen and get some food. Now, he’s finding the knife so he could chop of ingredients to cook. After a thorough search, he couldn’t find his favorite knife. “Have you seen my knife?”

 

All became startled. “I don’t know.” Said all three of them.

 

DK was suspecting that something may have happened. “Where did you put my knife hyung?” scrutinizing the two cleaners.

 

“I don’t know. You are the only ones to hold that.”

 

“Yeah, and Mingyu.”

 

Mingyu was startled but he did not answer.

 

The suspicion was growing and said “I am smelling something fishy here. Did you break it, Mingyu?”

 

Just then, Seungcheol and Joshua looked at the poor puppy and forced him to admit that it was his fault. Because it was bound that DK would never see the knife ever again since Seungcheol get rid of those as soon as it was cleaned perfectly and put in the junk. The next person who showed up was Wonwoo. He needed to eat because he thought he needed to take medicine for his runny nose before it gets worst.

 

Wonwoo got a fruit and threw the skin on the trashcan when he saw something in it. “DK, why is your knife here? Is it broken or something?”

 

“Where?” the other hurried.

 

Since the weapon was discovered, Seungcheol had to do something “Ya! Don’t dare touch that thing.” He stated.

 

The others were startled with the shout. But Joshua needed to think fast to back up Seungcheol before things gets worst. “Well, uh, Seungcheol cannot find the scissors so he got the knife to tear the tooth paste.”

 

“Don’t we have the new one?” asked Wonwoo.

 

“Oh, I- I thought, I’d rather use what’s left in the last tooth paste we had. Such a waste.” Explain Seungcheol in panic.

 

“And what about the knife?” wondered DK.

 

“I-it fell on the- the” Joshua’s got to think the worst. “It fell in the toilet.”

 

Horror painted DK’s face. “Disgusting! Hyung! Buy me another one.”

 

Later on, Wonwoo just got into the bathroom and found the scissors just right on the cabinet beside the faucet. “The scissors are here.”

 

“!” Seungcheol murmured.

 

“Yeah. I found that for him.” saved Joshua.

 

While the other was mourning with his beloved knife with eyes sharp on Seungcheol whom whispering to the other with his sentiments. “Why me?”

 

“They’d probably buy it if it’s you.” Looking his alibi was a success.

 

Seungcheol sighed.

 

“Mingyu, you’ve got a schedule today, right?” asked Seungcheol. “Time to get ready.”

 

Mingyu nodded blankly. Then, Wonwoo noticed that his hand had bandage. “You got wounded?”

 

Mingyu was startled with goosebump. The people sure was sharp with such things. “I- Hyung- I”

 

“I got it now.” Wonwoo muttered. Again, the others were startled.

 

“What?” panicked Seungcheol.

 

“You used the knife and wounded yourself. And then, you broke it for a reason to whatever that be. IT’s Mingyu’s fault.” Deducted Wonwoo.

 

Oh, great! Thanks to Wonwoo’s sharp mind, they couldn’t escape yet. Even Joshua was getting impatient and shouted “Ya, borrow a knife so DK can cook. I’m hungry.” And then, the next step was getting irritated with Seungcheol.”It’s your fault, I am hungry.”

 

The sudden irritation of Joshua was weird, so they wouldn’t want to boil his head more. “Okay. I will run upstairs to get DK a knife.” As Wonwoo excused himself.

 

While DK immediately prepare his things. Maybe its hunger that made their gentleman a demon. In addition, he couldn’t still forget how Seungcheol mistreated his knife, if that was true “This is on you, hyung.”

 

“Why me?” asked Seungcheol himself because he didn’t know why Joshua acted like that. Now, he’s not sure whether he’d be worried or not.

 

On the other note, one thing they weren’t prepared for was the coming out of Jeonghan with a bandage on his hand. Everyone noticed.

 

“Oh dear.” Sighed Joshua heavily.

 

“Oh! Jeonghan hyung? What happened to your hand?”

 

“He- he got sp-“ No matter how fast S.Coups was trying to explain, Jeonghan answered it with assurance.

 

“Sorry, I broke one of your glass.”

 

“Omo! Are you okay?” asked DK while Wonwoo just came with a knife. What a good timing is it?

 

“You don’t have to worry.” As Jeonghan looked around and said “Where’s Mingyu?” feeling awkward with the folks around him. Later on, Seungcheol went to DK and Joshua to Wonwoo telling them to not panic and they could explain it later.

.

.

.

 

Mingyu was inside the bathroom. Jeonghan was quiet sitting on the couch. While the others were thinking of the things they should do. It’s not new. Jeonghan will always forget things. So, to prevent Jeonghan from doing such things, he met with the team dorm 1 at the moment because its an emergency. While Joshua went to the upper floor to tell the same things Seungcheol had said to the other. Of course, they’d be more questions but the two decided not to entertain them like a pro in a press conference. The lesser you talk, the lesser the questions.

 

Mingyu went out of the bathroom as Jeonghan noticed that he’s getting dressed as if he’s got a meeting outside.

 

“Going outside?” asked Jeonghan immediately.

 

“Yeah.” Answered Mingyu.

 

“Can I go with you?”

 

“Oh- that’s-“  seeing that he might have been feeling uncomfortable because he can’t remember things as of the moment but him, He gave it a second thought while looking at the members.

 

Joshua made the decision himself. “Sure. Please look after Mingyu. He has a shooting today. That’d be a great help.”

 

Seungcheol agreed and gave his permission. “Thanks. We have our own project anyway and it’s going to be boring if you are left here alone.” Nodding.

 

“Thank you. I should get dressed.” Going back inside to the room. People were fascinated to whatever he’s doing.

 

After a while, they became surprised when they saw Jeonghan carrying Seungcheol’s towel. On this other hand, there was Seungcheol’s undies with the baggy pants. Then, there’s Wonwoo’s shirt and socks, also the spectacles.

 

“Uh- those are-“ Wonwoo was about to spill it but since everything is weird, so be it. Seungcheol grabbed the younger’s mouth with a whisper “Let him be. It’d just make him more confused.”

 

Wonwoo nodded, although, the consequences would be hard. He’d be blind until they come back. Unless, he’d get Jeonghan’s glasses in exchange.

 

Jeonghan got dressed.

 

He looked so fluffy with someone’s clothing. Oh dear, the boys needed to help him with that. They tucked things so it could fit Jeonghan’s body. “I don’t have a good shoes.” Whispered Jeonghan. He was wondering how he had no shoes on the rack.

 

“Oh, you left it at the other dorm.” Said Joshua and asked the now awake Jihoon to get a shoes for Jeonghan.  Jihoon ran and used the stairs because he wanted to exercise as well. The moment he returned, Jeonghan looked at their meticulous composer as a child.

 

“He looks so cute. I’m sorry I made you exercise this morning.”

 

“That’s nothing.” Jihoon blushed.

 

All done. Mingyu held hands with Jeonghan as they both went down by the elevator. After the lift closed, Jeonghan came to Mingyu and asked “Who are they Mingyu?”

 

“Oh- our friends.” Answered Mingyu confidently. “They’re fun to be with. Now be careful with some sharp stuffs.”

 

“Yeah. Sorry for that.”

.

.

.

 

Jeonghan and Mingyu took care of each other in the set. Meanwhile, Seungcheol and Joshua were stuck in the hospital after knowing that Jeonghan was facing some kind of trouble to himself. Those hallucination and fake memories or maybe made up and possibly past memories would be coming out once in a while. Seungcheol and Joshua were warned that those might happen. One theory was about the medication he’s taking, but most probably it’s about the sickness as well. Jeonghan’s wound was on the spot where Minghao tried to massage him.

 

Since they were already in the hospital, they might as well ask about Ye Jun “How’s he?” asked Seungcheol to Dr. Eric while seeing the older patient sleeping with his oxygen on.

 

“He’s having attacks again.” Grunting while thinking of their head doctor for testing him with unproven methods. “Poor him.”

 

“He’s going to recover, am I right?” Joshua asked.

 

“Hopefully.” Said Eric. After a while, the old doctor came with another personality. Another man with power. Eric greeted them politely but he never let them in. It was such a commotion and the two young ones could feel the tension going on.

 

“We will see the patient, Eric.” Said Dr. Reynolds.

 

“I believe I am quite clear with my statement. No, you can’t.” said Eric. “You have brought my patient in terrible pain with your unauthorized operation.” He insisted.

 

Seungcheol and Joshua were surprised with the ruckus.

 

“It is with the patient’s consent.” Defended the Reynolds.

 

“But unauthorized operation and therefore illegal.”

 

“I am here to see the patient. I am Dr. Blake from the neurology department from England.” Introduced the foreigner who had just arrived.

 

“Nice to meet you, Dr. Blake.” Said Dr. Eric but he was so strict with them seeing the patient.

 

“I heard that you had the same disease.” Said Dr. Blake.

 

Dr. Eric was surprised with how he brought that up. “Yes.” As he complied to answer.

 

“I heard you had attack recently.” Said Blake straight forward.

 

“Yes. But it’s manageable.”

 

“And how are you right now?”

 

“Fine, Dr. Blake. No need to worry.”

 

Dr. Blake answered in quite an arrogant shrug that even Seungcheol and Joshua was kind of offended with the attitude he’s showing.

 

“I hate that man.” Whispered Seungcheol to Joshua.

 

Joshua agreed. Then, he translated their previous conversation to help his friend understand.

 

“Oh, they’re demons don’t they? Poor Ye Jun hyung.”

 

“I agree.”

 

The conversation was becoming heated but Blake insisted being the senior one. Eric couldn’t do anything but to show what has happened to the poor man after the illegal operation.

 

“We need more people for testing, Dr. Eric.” Said Blake in his firm tone like he was approved about the unauthorized operation. Dr. Eric was offended.

 

“I can do that for you if you want a live one. But I’m telling you, its not going to be easy to see a patient going all through this because it’s more painful than you could imagine. One mistake would extremely lead the person to death.”

 

“But there’s no other way.” Said Blake.

 

“That’s what I told him.” Said Reynolds, teaming up with another demon in the room.

 

Since Eric knew that it was power tripping, Eric gave himself instead before ruining too many lives in the process. “Then, you will experiment on me.”

 

“Then, who would look after the patient and identify without the person who could actually relate on it. We need you in the team Eric.”

 

“I don’t agree. I have been excluded from an operation that I didn’t approve of. By what rules are you playing exactly?”

 

“Doctor Eric, we are doing our best. This disease has given us no option. Besides, if we solve this, we could save more. Don’t you agree?”

 

It disgusts Eric and replied “By killing innocent people who trusts us for cure? That’s absurd!”

 

“I don’t understand you, Dr. Eric. You want people to be saved but you are not willing to sacrifice some for many. We have to try than doing nothing.”

 

Eric was insulted when he’s done everything he could. He devised a good therapy machine and routine that could help but they declined it. Nothing is progressing because of their selfishness.

 

“How many people do you think is to suffer with this experiment?” said Eric in anger. “I’ve seen not a few but a lot whom we failed to operate because of some theories!”

 

“Eric. Keep calm. We are still doing are best.” Said Blake.

 

“Then, allow me to handle this.”

 

“No, Eric. I will.” Said Blake.

 

Eric was obviously angry. He couldn’t accept it all. Now, he’s thinking that another will die because of him.

 

He cannot allow it anymore. He needed to do something.

.

.

.

 

Ye Jun woke up with Seungcheol and Joshua looking after him.

 

“Hey. You okay?” asked Seungcheol with full concern.

 

Ye Jun smiled and said “Yeah. Of course.”

 

“Something’s hurting?” asked Joshua.

 

“A bit but I can manage. How come you are here?” asked Ye Jun.

 

“Oh. It’s just we need to talk to Dr. Eric.” Said Seungcheol.

 

“Did something happen?”

 

They didn’t know if they’d like to tell the truth. But since they thought it wouldn’t do any good if they lie, both decided to tell the truth. It surprised the older man to know that Jeonghan was now trying to hurt himself. His memory loss was kind of normal. Same happens to him some times. Nevertheless, he knew that since he found out the spot to where he’d lessen the pain. He’d definitely target that spot as long as he could remember. Good thing its just in the hands, although, some veins might have been affected at some parts.

 

“Please don’t leave Jeonghan.” Said Ye Jun.

 

“We’ll not leave you too.” Said Joshua.

 

“Thanks. I need to get out of here. My cows are waiting for me.” Giggled Ye Jun.

 

“But that’s too far for you to travel. Why don’t you rest first? If not here, would you like inside our dorm? I think hospitals aren’t too comfortable.” Seungcheol offered.

 

“Yeah. I think so. Thank you for the offer. I promise to stay one day.”

 

“Stay as long as you want.” Said Seungcheol. “Just that you have to bear with our mess. I am apologizing in advance.”

 

“I’m honored that you invited me in your house. Thank you. And your mess is nothing like my animals in the farm.”

 

“I believe, we have our own Zoo.” Giggled Joshua. “If you can go now, we can wait for you.”

 

Ye Jun smiled. “Sweetest people on earth. Jeonghan is lucky to be with you.”