CHAPTER 46: Good To Me

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

 

 

“I’m so bored. I’m so bored… B.O.R.E.D.” Jeonghan uttered repeatedly and sighed while lying down on a sofa.

 

“Hyung, if you continue chanting that, I’ll become bored too.” Pouted their tiger cub.

 

“I know right.” Seungkwan agreed.

 

That time, Vernon thought of making Jeonghan listen to vibrations hoping it doesn’t scare him at all because ‘I’m bored’ words ring to his ears even if he’s in his earphones.

 

The8 did all his best to instruct their poor angel with yoga and all the activities he could enjoy rather than staying on sofa saying the same words all over again. He’d offer him wine sometimes. Borrowed his hands to paint, but it wasn’t Jeonghan’s thing, so he’s definitely going to get bored. He wished that at least his hearing comes back. But it’s better when both comes back.

 

Dino served them food. Also to the other dorm to ask for rescue.

 

“Is he feeling lonely?” rescued Seungcheol at first with men falling in line behind him.

 

“I asked for only one person.” Dino sighed. Looking at the line, he bet all came in. “Good Lord. It’ll become stuffy here again.” He murmured.

 

“Hey. You got sandwich?” asked Jihoon because he’s loving Dino’s sandwiches.

 

That was a hell lot of a compliment, so Dino entertained well. “I can make you. How many do you want?”

 

“I want the three flavours you did last time.”

 

That was unusual of Jihoon. His treatment of Dino was more of complement nowadays since he’s made them food. That was a good thing though. So, carry on.

 

“Me too, aegi.” Mingyu embraced Dino with his long limbs. Just then, endless orders came. It made Dino happy somehow. Now, he’s busy serving 13 customers with three to four order each.

 

“Would you like some help, Dino?” asked DK and Minghao who had just saw him with more than 5 loaves near him and a tremendous ingredients around it.

 

“Oh, thank you! I could really use your help. We got plenty of orders.”

 

“Sure thing!” Smiled the other two.

 

Meanwhile, Mingyu ran into Jeonghan immediately and carefully tapped the other, not to surprise.  By the way, Jun had found new way of talking to his hyung by drawing some letters on his palms to be able to communicate.

 

“What are you doing?” asked Mingyu to Jun.

 

“Communicating?” said the other cluelessly while demonstrating how it was done by writing at Jeonghan’s hand –‘Mingyu is here, hyung.’

 

“Oh! Mingyu.” greeted Jeonghan making the others confuse.

 

“You can hear now?” asked Seungcheol who also ran in shock.

 

Again, Jun explained. “Now, Jeonghan hyung’s hand was even more in demand than before. Even his back has the same function for communication.” and sighed.

 

For some time, Jeonghan was the only one talking. When Dino, DK and Minghao came, they became confused with the quietness of the crowd encircling Jeonghan.

 

“You all die?” peaked Minghao from the kitchen. That’s when Coups realized that they could be peaceful at times. He was also grateful that they experienced quietness for more than a minute this time.

 

“I never thought we could be this silent when we are altogether at one place. We should keep this sometimes.” Seungcheol smiled brightly.

 

It lasted for about 30 minutes or so and it was getting weirder.

 

“Sandwich ready!” exclaimed Dino when he noticed that only a few survived Jeonghan’s communication game. Distributing the sandwiches, he announced that he had a new invention and his no. 1 fan, Woozi, had this honor to taste it first. Dino made a rice bun for Woozi since he liked rice. Inside where his favorite viands. Curiousity swarmed over him.

 

“That looks good.” Mingyu said.

 

“This is incredible! I love it!” Woozi complimented with his smile wide open. Especially when he tasted it. “Well done, Chef Dino! This is by far my favorite burger!”

 

“Thank you, hyung! Please give me more lines in our next albums.” He joked while giggling sweetly.

 

“But of course!” Jihoon answered sincerely. Everyone was shocked but they thought, their maknae deserved it.

 

And because it was a blockbuster, people ordered. Unfortunately, Dino could only make one since it’s meant for experiment only. He never thought Jihoon would buy it. Nevertheless, he was happy with the outcome.

 

Jihoon gave Chan money to make more. He’s handed the youngest a handsome amount of money. “Make me some of your good rice buns tomorrow to eat the whole day.”

 

“Same meat?” asked their chef.

 

“You can experiment. I think I’ll order 7 sets. The rest of the budget you can have it for you.”

 

Dino was surprised. The budget could somehow create more than what he ordered. “Can I buy anything?”

 

“Yeah.” Jihoon smiled.

 

“Thank you, hyung!”

 

“Mingyu!” called Seungcheol. “Since you don’t have any schedule tomorrow, baby sit Jeonghan.”

 

“Yes, hyung!” Mingyu answered diligently.

 

“Wonwoo, try auditioning for two shows.” Seungcheol added.

 

“Yes hyung!” Wonwoo replied all of a sudden and with no complaint at all. People were surprised because he normally doesn’t want acting.

.

.

.

Since the two had no schedule, right after the boys left, Mingyu went to Dorm 2 and continue his sleep with Jeonghan in his room. He cuddled him in a way he could monitor if he’s still breathing, hopefully.

 

“Mingoo.” Jeonghan whispered calling Mingyu’s name again and again. “You are heavy.” pertaining to how he put his hand around his small frame. He was able to identify the big puppy on his way of affection and with his smell.

 

Mingyu woke up lazily and greeted “Good morning~”

 

“Food.” Jeonghan requested. So, Mingyu forced to get off the bed, carried Jeonghan on his back and put him beside him at the kitchen.

 

“What do you want?” asking Jeonghan hoping he could hear. However, he didn’t answer. Guess, he’s still under the spell.

 

Checking the cabinet and refrigerator, they couldn’t make any out of the ingredients left in their dorm. “Jeonghanie, we need to go out and buy our food.” he sighed feeling lazy on his day off. He started pulling Jeonghan, brought him back inside their room and put a sweater on top of his cute bear patterned pair of pajamas.

 

“Are we going somewhere?” asked Jeonghan lazily.

 

Writing check on Jeonghan’s palm, he carried him to the doorway and put shoes on. “We are going to eat out first and buy some food at the market for later. I have plans what to cook for us later.”

 

 Dragging the soft hungry lost angel gently, they ended up in the first restaurant they encountered.

 

“What are we eating?” asked Jeonghan adorably, lazily sitting very close to Mingyu.

 

“Chinese.” replied Mingyu through Jeonghan’s palms.

 

“I want Jjajangmyeon.” requested Jeonghan.

 

“Already ordered.” replied Mingyu.

 

While waiting, Mingyu could only stare at Jeonghan with a smile. Poor Jeonghan, looked so moody because he was hungry. On the other hand, Jeonghan was hearing slowly. “Mingoo?” tested Jeonghan.

 

“Yes?” with combination of his hand gesture.

 

“I can hear you now.” He smiled.

 

“Thank goodness. We will go to the market if you do not mind. Will buy food for later.”

 

“Up to you. Got nothing to do at home.”

 

While eating, Mingyu couldn’t let eat on his own. He got to feed him no matter what. Like a baby he treated the older one. “Don’t dare puke this. You haven’t eaten much since you stayed at home.”

 

Jeonghan nodded hoping he would not.

 

At the market, Mingyu was careful with Jeonghan. Dragging him and taking all the groceries with him was kind of a hard task. Though he made Jeonghan hold some. “I’m hungry.” said Jeonghan again.

 

“Alright. I will buy you food.” roaming around the market, they found a good street food snack bar. They sat there and ate skewers of all kinds. “They’re good aren’t they?” said Mingyu while feeding Jeonghan.

 

“Eung. Get me juice, please.” Immediately, Mingyu got Jeonghan’s request without getting his eyes off the charming angel. Jeonghan couldn’t be left unattended.

 

While walking home, Mingyu passed by the park. Walk Jeonghan around it because he knew Jeonghan needed some time to think. “Jeonghanie.” he called.

 

“Hmn?”

 

“I am happy I am with you now.” Mingyu said innocently.

 

Jeonghan smiled. “I am happy too.”

 

They sat under the tree to relax but the peacefulness made Jeonghan asleep. He became exhausted. Mingyu just wish it was just a nap. Otherwise, he would have to train his muscles that day. He took a selfie and send it to the group with a message saying. “We went out. Angel fell asleep but don’t worry, he was able to hear now.”

 

“Good! We’ll be late.” stated Seungcheol.

 

“Hyung! Help me!” replied Wonwoo.

 

“Why?” asked Seungkwan worriedly.

 

“I passed the audition but suddenly I don’t want the role anymore.”

 

“Isn’t it a good thing?!” chatted Hoshi.

 

“You idiot! Pull yourself together, Wonwoo! I know you are just overwhelmed. You’ll get the hang of it.” replied Seungcheol. “We are proud of you.”

 

“Congrats!” chatted the others.

 

“Wooahae.” Woozi added when he didn’t have anything to say.

.

.

.

Little nap was over. Jeonghan was rather secured on Mingyu’s arms. “I feel lazy.” the first thing Jeonghan said as soon as he woke up.

 

“We should get home.” said Mingyu while fixing Jeonghan’s hair. “Aigoo, Gwiyeowo!” pinching the other’s cheeks. On that moment, as soon as Jeonghan grabbed Mingyu’s arms to stop the pinching, Mingyu noticed red spots on Jeonghan’s  fingers. “Jeonghanie… are you hurting right now?”

 

Jeonghan was confused about the question. “No. I am fine. Why?”

 

“Nothing. I think we should really go home.” Mingyu carried Jeonghan up and went home as soon as possible.

 

When they got home, another “Mingoo, I am hungry.” was heard. On the other hand, Mingyu was happy to cook for him.

 

“I need to see you in the kitchen, little bunny.” Mingyu had set Jeonghan by the bar. Mingyu sat him on the table itself making Jeonghan play with his feet while Mingyu arranged the food before cooking. There’s so much sound to hear from the movements, including Mingyu’s clumsiness. Making use of his time while the other was busy, he was thinking of happy memories. He was smiling brightly.

 

Meanwhile, it had gotten quiet. Wondering what Mingyu was up to, he tried to reach. It turned out Mingyu was paused in front of him with hands stable on the sides of Jeonghan securing while staring at him.

 

“You scared me.” stated Jeonghan. “I thought you have gone somewhere.”

 

“I cannot leave you alone, you know that.” Mingyu smiled still eyes on Jeonghan. “You never change.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Still beautiful. Especially when you are smiling. Aigoo Jeonghanie… can you give me a hug?”

 

Jeonghan spread his arms wide open and welcomed the huge puppy. Mingyu held him tight and caressing. He sneaked his head in between Jeonghan’s neck and ears comfortably. It felt so sweet, Jeonghan thought.

 

“You smell like breakfast.” Mingyu joked but in his thoughts he was deeply worried since the spots hasn’t disappear yet.

 

“You smell like it too. You better cook now so we could take a bath.”

 

Mingyu was about to resume to his chores when Jeonghan halted him. “Wait a minute.” sliding his hands from Mingyu’s chest to his cheeks. Now, seeing his beautiful and shiny tan skin, he caressed the other man’s face gently. “You are ever so gentle and sweet, Mingyu… Did I ever tell you how handsome you really are?”

 

Mingyu smiled “Should I ask?”

 

Caressing the taller with such gentleness while scanning Mingyu’s divine face carefully. “I think you already know.” Jeonghan smiled as he slowly reach for the taller’s lips. Mingyu was surprised. And later on a kiss and another. Gentle to aggressive.  Jeonghan wrapped his arms around the other longingly and tempted him deeply in the fantasy.

 

Mingyu, in every action felt guilt but his body was ever so tempted to enjoy how Jeonghan drove him crazy. Clothes were scattered on the floor, Jeonghan was carried to the shower with waters flowing fluidly onto their bodies. “Mingyu.” Jeonghan called in the middle of the intense sensation as he kissed the taller man so passionately.

 

Mingyu, on the other hand, started kissing Jeonghan all over his neck when he noticed Jeonghan’s skin. He halted and whispered with a panting voice. “Jeonghan-ah…” Now, feeling he shouldn’t gave in with Jeonghan’s invitation since he could see this might open up another fight amongst them, he breathed deeply as he came to his senses. Besides, Jeonghan had this red spots again, all over his chest. “You-“

 

“What is it?” asked Jeonghan. Then he realized how they could be in the shower. He panicked “I-I’m sorry. Did I-?” wondering and feeling lost, Mingyu grabbed Jeonghan’s hands, kissed him gently and apologize.

 

“I-I am sorry, I should act the bigger person this time… I think you should- finish and get dressed.”

 

Jeonghan felt sad and embarrassed thinking he’s causing too much trouble for all of them. When suddenly, Mingyu jumped in and hugged him. “I know what you are thinking. It’s not your fault. Sooo… I guess we should finish.” Mingyu smiled gently. “Just like the old times. Scrub my back!” as he tried to divert everything for the meantime. He thought he’d think about their problem later.

 

“You don’t mind?” asked him curiously pertaining to what had happened.

 

Mingyu was surprised but he’s got to have confidence to answer in order for Jeonghan not to feel accountable on what happened in between them but hopefully, Jeonghan might not regret as well. “All I could say is I loved it and I don’t want to regret it. I love how we are connected… I mean- nevermind.” with a smile he answered.

 

Jeonghan answered “You silly.” Since he got nothing to say. Thinking that maybe he’s thinking the same as Mingyu and proceed scrubbing hard to tease the other. Mingyu shouted.

 

“Scrub gently, hyung! That hurts.”

 

Jeonghan giggled.

 .

.

.

On the contrary, they weren’t aware that there’s another man who did not meant to witness how the two kiss by the bar. He, in his instinct, went out as soon as he saw the two. Never want to create a ruckus, Wonwoo despite being hurt, knew how to put himself to a place he thought should be. He was aware about Jeonghan’s condition. He forgets. He clearly understood. Hoping that the love he offered wouldn’t be forgotten as well.

 

Sadness painted on Wonwoo’s face. However, he was distracted by Hoshi who came just behind him. He became worried Soon Young might find out so he made a way on how to distract the innocent man from the lustful activities.

 

“Ah- Soon Young-ah.” With an obvious panic on his face. “Can we eat?”

 

“Yeah. I think Mingyu has cooked something.”

 

“No. I’ve been there. There’s none. Just raw food.” Remembering a shirt or two on the floor and on the table.

 

“Aw.” Pouted the other. “Let’s invite them then.”

 

“They’re pretty asleep. Let’s just eat outside. I am starving.” Said Wonwoo.

 

Later on, Soon young noticed his friend’s pale face. “You hurt?”

 

“What?” said Wonwoo dumbfounded. “No I-“

 

“You look pale.” Examining Wonwoo with details. “You want a hug?” asked Soon Young cutely. Sure, Wonwoo could sometimes feel bad over something but he’s never seen him this disappointed.

 

In Soon Young’s surprise, Wonwoo nodded. Hoshi was a bit surprised, nevertheless, he did the honors and hug Wonwoo tightly. “Everything will be fine. Aigoo.”

 

Wonwoo, in return, hug their soft hamster trying to be a tiger. The next thing he knew was tears flowing down his cheeks. He never thought it would be this bad.

 

Hoshi noticed a drastic fast breathing Wonwoo was making secretly.  Even though he did want to know what had hurt him, Hoshi respected Wonwoo’s decision not to open it up yet. He won’t force it. All he could do now is shout “My treat!” with a smile he wiped Wonwoo’s tears gently. “Let’s drink if you want. I will be right here with you so don’t worry.” Hoshi embraced Wonwoo again while the other didn’t mind at all.

 

Wonwoo, on the other hand, appreciated how mature and sensitive Hoshi handled the situation.

 

 “Should we stay like this?” Hoshi feeling the awkwardness of the first and ever long time embrace Wonwoo and him had.

 

Wonwoo, again, surprisingly nodded.

 

“You want to stay like this?” in Hoshi’s surprise.

 

“Yeah.” Wonwoo, for the first time, was the one to embrace the other tighter. Hoshi felt how painful it was for Wonwoo but he was glad he was the one to comfort him at this painful times.