CHAPTER 02: OH MY!

Reset: What Kind of Lover?

RESET

 

CHAPTER 02: OH MY!

 

Shooting was resumed once they’ve got a new space to use. Again, full of creative materials inside the space making them fascinated every time they turn their eyes into one corner to another. Though, most of them weren’t able to have a very good sleep since the incident. It still bothered them so much. Jeonghan was then, worried about the others. Because of all of them, the ones who’s having a very good and normal sleep was him, due to his sickness also. But at least, he’s sleeping fine.

 

Jeonghan thought that it was time for him to work on something to cheer s up. He thought of buying food- mostly snacks. He went towards their chubby manager to ask for his wallet when it’s actually with Manager Jeon- their assigned driver. Jeonghan took a little detour going to their new handsome manager.

 

“Manager, do you have my wallet?” asked Jeonghan shyly.

 

“Yes. Do you want me to buy you something?” asked the other gently as well.

 

“No. I’m fine buying it myself.”

 

Manager Jeon panicked. “No. You can’t buy by yourself. I will do it. What do you want?”

 

“I won’t know unless I see it.” Answered Jeonghan honestly.

 

“Then, should I come with you? But I don’t think you are allowed to go out.”

 

“I just want to buy something for them. I guess the ghost thing is too creepy they haven’t had enough sleep.”

 

Manager Jeon smiled with Jeonghan’s sweetness. Guess he needed to accompany a little bunny to the grocery or convenient shop. “But we have to inform everybody else.”

 

“But I want to surprise them.” Said Jeonghan pouting his lips, looking so cute that Manager Jeon couldn’t handle yet.

 

“But can you tell the other managers too, so they know. I’m sorry but we’re just trying to be cautious especially when I was informed that you needed an intensive care.”

 

Jeonghan understood and it also make him embarrassed to be treated so special compared to the other members. He went asking the other manager. They said NO at first, but gave in in a while. Jeonghan was advised not to take long. While Manager Jeon had to ready things for Jeonghan, so that he’d be ready in case an attack happen.

 

Meanwhile, despite being warned, he had no idea how it works in an actual situation. He was nervous and prayed that he won’t experience an attack.

.

.

.

After shopping so quick, Jeonghan went inside the set and deliver some snacks he thought would ease the boys’ trouble. He wasn’t wrong. People really need care in times of trouble, whether they’re children or adult. Yogurt and some snacks –tteokbokki- made them happy instantly.

 

“Thank you, hyung!” said Seungkwan with his twinkling eyes.

 

“Your welcome.” Giggled Jeonghan.

 

“You should have told us.” Stated Seungcheol in a firm tone which Jeonghan misinterpreted as angry.

 

“Sorry. I didn’t mean not to tell you. It’s just that I-“

 

“No. No. No. I am not angry.” Seungcheol suddenly responded in panic. “What I mean is, we should’ve pitched in. And it’s okay that you go out as long as you are with someone, but for now inform us. Alright? I hope you understand.” Said Seungcheol in a nice way, even though, he knew that his tone could be interpreted into something else and there’s a possibility that Jeonghan would get offended or hurt of it.

 

Jeonghan felt guilty and bit his lips as he nodded. Seungcheol felt guilty too. And just by looking how guilty the both of their oldest, the others felt the same way too.

 

“I will take hyung’s side for now, Jeonghan hyung.” Agreed Jihoon strictly.

 

After saying those words, Hoshi was glaring fearlessly to Jihoon because he’s making his favorite hyung feel sorry for what he did. Jihoon looked back with the sharpest glare- for a good reason- on the other hand, Soon Young, though there was a little flicker and intimidation on his eyes, he stood still and fight for what he knew was the right thing to do.

 

“Anyway, thank you for this, hyung.” Said Wonwoo unexpectedly because he’s not the person they know to start a conversation to light up the mood. Now he’s putting a cold water on the fire. It somehow helped despite the coldness in his voice.

 

“Yeah! Chalmeokoseumnida!” sang merrily by DK.

 

Jeonghan smiled and said “Enjoy!”

 

In a little while, Seungcheol tried to save his for being so strict. “Jeonghan-ah, sorry I acted that way earlier. I should have said thank you.”

 

“No. It’s fine. I understand.” Jeonghan smiled like a lost chick.

 

Seungcheol smiled. “My tongue burn, Jeonghanie.” Giggled him.

 

Jeonghan was surprised “Wait! You can’t handle spicy food?”

 

Seungcheol nodded cutely. “Yeah. Somehow.”

 

It fascinates the other and Seungcheol noticed that Jeonghan’s eyes were focused on him with a curious and slight interest of what he just learn. “Why?”

 

“Of all people… I can’t imagine you to have such a delicate tongue.”

 

Seungcheol was surprised and felt embarrassed. He instead cough to let his unutterable speech of shame out off his mouth.

 

Seungcheol blushed.

 

Seeing that Jeonghan might have said something to offend the other. He quickly apologized, but it was fine with Seungcheol anyway. He admit it. He also include Soon Young as the other one who couldn’t handle spicy. Wondering who else couldn’t handle spicy food, he thought of Joshua as he preferred spaghetti, so Seungcheol included him in the list as well.

 

Jeonghan giggled knowing more about them since some were ironic and funny. Still, Jeonghan couldn’t imagine Seungcheol being weak with chili. He’s such a knight in shining armor if you’d look at him- so manly and fearless. But lately, he discovered how soft he was. He’s basically scared of everything. That made him ask about their relationship before.

 

Seungcheol was startled with the sudden relationship related Q&A. He was forced to answer but deleted most of their sweet scenes. He started with “You are the first person I call in whatever situation I have.”

 

“We are very close, then?” he giggled. “What do we usually do?”

 

Seungcheol blushed remembering the kissing and stuffs, but again, he deleted it for everybody’s sake. “We go out and eat. Go to some places. Grab some drink and sometimes we just stay together without talking.”

 

“I see. What kind of person am I to you?” asked Jeonghan honestly.

 

“Are you sure you want to know it?”

 

“If you’d let me, I’d love to.”

 

“Well, you bully me most of the time.”

 

Jeonghan was surprised. “Really? Like how? I’m sorry for doing that.”

 

“No. It’s fine. It’s like my day isn’t complete without it.” Seungcheol explained while giggling.

 

“Really? I’m really sorry. I respect you a lot. I’m not supposed to do that.”

 

“It’s fine. Just be you. It’s better when we treat each other like a family.” Seungcheol advised. “Makes me feel so much comfortable.”

 

“I see. Then, I’ll try to be me as often as possible. And I’m terribly sorry for forgetting things.”

 

“Not a problem.” Seungcheol stated although his heart was broken. “Just relax like you always want to do.” And a wink.

.

.

.

Jeonghan paused a bit after realizing that he should know them one by one personally. Maybe he could invite them one by one in a dinner or somewhere they could talk. Because he’s concerned about how awkward he’s bringing to the boys whenever he’s doubting something that he should’ve done.

 

Soon Young found him thinking surrounded by the artificial clouds. A smile was drawn to his lips seeing how perfect it could be to look at Jeonghan in such a bright and divine setting.

 

“As expected, Hyung!” Hoshi approached. “This setting is perfect for you.”

 

Jeonghan was startled with the sudden conversation, but looking at how adorable Soon Young approached him with such cute and bright smile, he became perfectly calm.

 

“Hi Soon Youngie~” Jeonghan tried calling him with a cute nickname.

 

On the other hand, Soon Young got his hopes high thinking that Jeonghan remembered him that time based on how he called him like he usually do. His stares were in a great shock which worried Jeonghan.

 

“I’m sorry. I thought it’s okay to call you with a cute nickname.” Jeonghan apologized with a smile.

 

It disappointed Soon Young so much that his heart sank, to the point that his heart almost turned like fermented raisins. “It’s okay.” Then he smiled.

 

“Sorry, it won’t happen again.”

 

“No. No. No.” Soon Young spoke fast like there’s no tomorrow. “I like it.” He finally smiled. “You usually call me that. Sometimes, YOUR Hamji or star.” He explained emphasizing the ‘Your’ word- meaning like being his possession.

 

“I see. I think I know why.” Staring at Hoshi and trying to sense if he’s okay with a day out. So… “Hoshi?”

 

The other responded with his animated facial expression and a cute pouty lips trying to tell Jeonghan that he’s listening.

 

“Would you like to go out with me? I mean- I want to invite you out, so I can know you better.”

 

Soon Young was surprised. He felt giddy and excited. But one thing he wanted to know was “Hyung… who did you ask first?”

 

“You.” Said Jeonghan innocently.

 

Hoshi transformed his expression all twinkling and happy. “Really? Just the two of us?”

 

“Yeah.” Said Jeonghan. “I also plan to have a little talk with others if that’s okay.”

 

“Yes. Yes! Of course. I’m glad that you invited me first.”

 

Jeonghan find him cute and ask. “How was I to you before?”

 

“You are my favorite, hyung. And shhhh, just keep quiet because they don’t know.”

 

Later on, Joshua interrupted and said “We all know, imma.” He teased. “It’s obvious no matter how hard you hide it.” He smirked handsomely.

 

Hoshi felt embarrassed and sink even more. Jeonghan and Joshua gazed at him with adoration. Hoshi sure was one of their most adorable dongsaeng.

.

.

.

During the shooting, Jeonghan fell tripping on the grounds full of synthetic cottons, just like a cute fallen angel. Soon Young rushed to rescue, though, it wasn’t so serious at all. He grabbed Jeonghan’s hand immediately and pulled him up with all the strength he had.

 

“You okay, hyung?”

 

Jeonghan nodded. “Nothing to worry about. Thank you.” Jeonghan smiled and saw how caring and loving his dongsaeng was. “You’re such a sweet person.”

 

As usual, Soon Young blushed and smiled his shyness out.

 

“Do you like to go near a river tonight? Let’s eat first before going there.”

 

“It’s better if we eat there.” Hoshi suggested.

 

Jeonghan giggled “Yeah. I think that’s brilliant.” And accidentally or rather involuntarily cupped Soon Young’s cheeks because he’s getting cuter every time he look at him.

 

Although Soon Young was surprised, he liked it and let Jeonghan’s hands rest into his fluffy cheeks. Unfortunately, the others get jealous.

 

Later on, the little cub shouted in excitement. “Jeonghan hyung and I will go on a date tonight!” he revealed as mighty and playful as a little cub.

 

“Ya! Why’d you ask without us knowing?!” asked the others.

 

Jeonghan was surprised on how violently they reacted on the ‘date’ thing. He thought that they were serious getting angry and felt troubled.

 

“I’m sorry. I want to invite you one by one bu-“ his sentence wasn’t finished yet when he saw the boys running their asses towards him and eventually form one line. A straight ONE line. Surprisingly, the boys fall in line like kinder students who wanted their teacher’s attention. And the line goes by this…

SoonYoung guarded his place like a warrior when everybody was rushing to them. Jihoon came next. Minghao regretted that he’s the third among all when he’s always the first. While Mingyu was quite satisfied that he finally came more in the first batch rather than the last. Jun following him excitedly. Unfortunately, Chan came in the middle because of the ruckus that he stumbled on some clouds interfering his movements. DK came after Chan because he struggled with the same thing as Chan experienced being the one who tripped by Chan himself. Seungkwan came next. Seungcheol, Joshua, Vernon. And finally, Wonwoo who luxuriously strolled going in line. It was also a result of his late reaction.

.

.

.

 

Jeonghan peered until at the back of the line. “Why did you run?”

 

Mingyu explained. “So you don’t have to worry of whom you are inviting next.”

 

“This is the easiest way.” Added Jihoon.

 

“Oh! I see.” Jeonghan responded even though he couldn’t yet understand.

 

“So, when are you going to da- ah- to spend time with us?” asked DK.

 

“If you have time.”

 

“Anytime is okay. But you have to do it, strictly, by order.” Chan reminded.

 

“By order?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“By the person next to line, hyung.” Hoshi answered.

 

Jeonghan giggled and found it interesting. “Alright then, I will be the one to plan things for the day.”

 

“Make sure it’s fair!” Shouted Jun.

 

“I will.” As Jeonghan taking a snap shot of all of them, as much as possible, with clear vision of their beautiful faces. “Beautiful!” with a smile on his face.

.

.

.

They went home all tired and seemed paralyzed. They couldn’t even move a single muscle after all the activities they had that day. Hoshi did not expect that Jeonghan would really invite him out. He’s too tired too anyway, so he’d understand if Jeonghan would feel lazy going out that time.

 

After refreshing himself, Soon Young already prepared a face mask on his face to care for skin while sleeping. Jeonghan, one moment, knocked on the door. That time, Hoshi just put on a Tiger designed face mask on his skin.

 

Jeonghan noticed upon peeking from the door that he’s preparing to sleep already. “Soon Young-ah, are you tired?”

 

“Oh!” Soon Young was startled. “I’m fine. You?”

 

Jeonghan presented himself with a new set of comfortable outfit, all freshen up. Soon Young felt guilty on his pajamas, but he could handle things because… he’s KWON FIRE!

 

“Oh! I will be right there, hyung. Wait! Sorry, I assumed wrongly.” He giggled and suddenly felt excited about their night out. He was about to pull the tiger mask on his lovely face, but Jeonghan held it. “Finish your mask yet. I saw you just fixed it when I came in.” he giggled.

 

“No… I can continue my beauty rest later.”

 

“It’s fine. Let me stay here in your room first.”

 

“Then, please help me find a cool outfit tonight.”

 

“Sure.”

 

The two took time choosing the perfect outfit for that night. Jeonghan picked a cute pair. A pastel colored t-shirt and a shorts. Also, Hoshi would never forget to choose his favorite hat to finish it all up. Time allowed the mask’s moisture sank perfectly into his beautiful skin making him all ready in their date.

 

There’s no curfew for them just that, they needed to be responsible enough to bring themselves home without any harm. Also, ready to get up early by the next day. The two went freely outside. They walk themselves near the river and help themselves when they saw food stalls from a distance. Luckily, near the spot that they wanted.

“You hungry, hyung?”

 

“I think we’re thinking the same thing, Soon Youngie~”

 

They stroll to the food stalls along the road and pick which one would be good for the night. While Soon Young waited for their order, Jeonghan had gone to a different shop to another. Soon Young couldn’t keep his eyes off his hyung. His eyes keeps on following him wherever he goes. He couldn’t even notice if his neck would snap any time soon because of the unusual angle and stretch. It had become longer- stretchable for that matter- Soon Young took the risk and ignore the unnoticeable muscle pain just to look after his hyung.

 

“Here boy.” Said the old man with eomuk and special soup on his hands.

 

As soon as Soon Young received it, he thanked the man and dashed towards Jeonghan whom surprisingly bought plentiful of heavy snacks including tteokbokki, mandu, pajeon and many more.

 

“Hyung… it’s too much for us.”

 

“No. I’m hungry, Soon Young.”

 

In the younger’s mind “You wouldn’t even take a second bite with those.” But he never said it aloud, not to offend his favorite hyung.

 

“Want shikhye?” asked Soon Young.

 

“Let’s buy it together.”

 

After their shopping, they went beside the river to eat. The temperature was just right. Besides, no sun hurting their skin, so it’s more delightful to eat rather than sun bathing during a hot weather in the morning.

 

Like what Jeonghan had been doing- almost his mannerism- after a bite, he’d get one to feed the other. He took a very spicy tteokboki and feed the poor Soon Young who wasn’t that used to eating spicy food.  He forgot what Seungcheol had said earlier. Poor boy. On the other hand, not knowing the danger he’s going to put inside his mouth, Hoshi swallowed.

 

Later on, he’s feeling a hot sensation inside his body. His tongue slowly was getting pricked by some sharp sting. While his ears felt it’s bloating because of the painful sensation running through his mouth. It contributed to a slight difference on how a normal hearing could be. Soon Young felt that his ears were blocked by an earplug or something that could obstruct sound.

 

Jeonghan noticed that, although Soon Young wasn’t that talkative at all like how he portray himself on cam, he seemed not talking at all. “You okay?” asked him worriedly.

 

Soon Young responded to Jeonghan with a cute stare while clipping his lips to contain the ongoing fire inside his mouth. His sweat were getting out continuously that it had become visible despite the dark.

 

“Why are you sweating?”

 

“Can I have the shikhye, hyung?” looking at those bottles behind Jeonghan. That’s when he realized that Soon Young couldn’t handle spicy- which he should’ve known already since Seungcheol said it before, but unfortunately he forgot due to his disease- so now, the poor Hamji was trying his best not to run to the river and rinse his mouth.

 

“Sorry, Soon Young. I didn’t know.”

 

After drinking almost half of a litre shikhye, Soon Young could finally move his tongue a little, but the numbness was still on it. “It’s okay. I eat tteokbokki a lot, but this is surprisingly hot… I mean extra hot.”

 

“Oh! That’s because I thought we could do the challenge. I really choose 5x spicy.” Jeonghan’s face were obviously contemplating on his actions with his big eyes.

 

Meanwhile, Soon Young was shocked about what Jeonghan had revealed. He felt injured that night. His tongue was still numb and he couldn’t taste anything but the pain and the coldness of shikhye. His eyes were wide open, probably an expression of disbelief out of his hyung’s action. He’s still naughty wasn’t he?

 

“Can you handle it, hyung?” asked Hoshi curiously because obviously he couldn’t and he still need something to put down the fire on his tongue.

 

“You want something sweet? I’ll just get something for you. Wait for me here.” Said Jeonghan as he stood up and ran to the nearest café out there while hearing Soon Young shouting with his paralyzed tongue.

 

“Hung, ver supposed to go to-ether! (Hyung, we are supposed to go together!)” But Jeonghan didn’t bother to turn around. Moreover, they’ve got their stuffs plus their food scattered on the grass that it would take time for him to fix everything and follow Jeonghan. He might have returned back once he’s done and all his efforts would be useless.

 

After a short while of waiting, looking towards the café which Jeonghan entered in, he finally came out. Soon Young was relieved that Jeonghan seemed healthy and that nothing had happened while he’s buying for, yet, another menu that they’d add for their late night snack.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting.”

 

“What did you buy?”

 

“Cakes and breads.”

 

Immediately, Soon Young’s eyes became wider and said “Cakessss and breadssss? Pluraaal hyung?” not as violent as he reacted, Jeonghan understood that kind of his character. It’s charming and he liked his energy sometimes.

 

“Yes! Let’s eat many.” Jeonghan admitted happily not aware of why Soon Young reacted that way.

 

On the other hand, Soon Young was thinking of how he could survive Jeonghan’s cute way of feeding. He might bloat. They even have ramyeun on their plate. Oh my!

 

There they go. Jeonghan sat back in his place, opening the new goodies they have. One bite for him, equivalent to three bites for Soon Young.

 

“Ah, hyung?” Hoshi had this plan of telling Jeonghan the disadvantages of feeding him, but his smile upon the call was so charming that he automatically opened his mouth when Jeonghan reached a food near his mouth. Poor Soon Young.

 

Later on, Hoshi could feel that his stomach was about to burst. It alerted him and bravely said to his hyung “Hyung, I’m already full. It’s your turn to eat. You haven’t eaten any.” Soon Young’s goal was to indirectly tell Jeonghan that he should stop feeding him or else he’ll blow up and burst any minute now.

 

“No. I’m already full.” He said honestly. “You sure you don’t want any more?”

 

“Yes. Hyung…” testing the waters before continuing “we still have to dance tomorrow.” He giggled. “I might not able to perform well when bloated.”

 

Jeonghan giggled sweetly. “Yeah. Let’s save the food for the others. You think, they’re still awake?”

 

“Not sure about that. But we can save it for tomorrow.”

 

“You think we need to buy more?”

 

“No need. We have groceries at home. Mingyu can cook.”

 

“I see. But I think they might enjoy the five times hotter tteokbokki. Seungcheol I think can enjoy this kind of thing.” Again, not remembering the things he should because of his sickness.

 

Soon Young gulped thinking that their poor leader was the next target, however, he thought that it would be fun seeing how the others would react. Meaning to say, he’s not the only victim in this Jeonghan- innocent- activity.

 

“Hyung, may I know why you think of Seungcheol hyung?”

 

“That’s because he looks strong and very manly.”

 

From the moment, Soon Young learned Jeonghan’s perspective about Seungcheol… he got jealous just a bit, but also, he wanted to see how their mighty general leader would react about this extra mega hot tteokbokki. He thought it would be very entertaining.

 

“I see. Yeah. I think it’ll be fine. Let them try this.” Soon Young smiled widely with his ulterior motives. “It will be fun.”

 

“Let’s buy for them later.” Jeonghan suggested.

 

For the meantime, they both lie down to enjoy the cold breeze of the wind that night. The smell was relaxing provided by the scent of fresh waters coming from the river. Later on, they didn’t notice that they had fallen asleep.

 

The thing that made them woke up was Soon Young’s on vibrate phone. He forgot to remove the vibration and it really shook his pants too much. He even dreamt of being electrocuted that he had to act violently upon waking up. Besides with his, also, vibrating body, he shouted on the top of his lungs which definitely called passerby’s attention. Definitely Jeonghan too.

 

“What was that?”

 

“Is there an insect?” thinking of it, Jeonghan had his eyes wide open.

 

On the other hand, Soon Young couldn’t respond because he’s still struggling on fighting the hallucination.

 

“Hey! Are you okay?” asked Jeonghan worriedly seeing Soon Young in some kind of seizure-like movement.

 

When the poor Hamji recovered. He got the phone and saw that Joshua was calling. The last thing he noticed was the sun preparing to come out together with Joshua’s smooth cold voice.

 

“Where are you?”

 

“Hyung?” that was when Soon Young realized that he’s in trouble. “Omo!”

 

 

 

 

Classic! Dating routine once again… I also forgot to tell you guys that I will be focusing on the member’s feelings and actions this time, sooooo this fic will not be about Jeonghan alone since he got the whole four series on him. This time it’s about all of them. :D Can’t wait to write more and more and more. See you! I hope you enjoy this episode.

 

Thank you and see you!