TTW 2.0 06 - Home

To The World [incomplete, hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Ohhh!"

Came the loud cheers of the those at the table that Melanie occupy with her friends and the males of the other university. One of Jasmine's friend had lost the round and ended taking a shot ot soju. Melanie wasn't much of a drinker, but she'll drink occasionally during these times. Since playing the game she has only took four shots and drank one full glass. The group play another round of the game and this time it was Jasmine that had lost. She took the shot like a champ that she was having a higher alcohol tolerance than the others. They continued their game and Melanie wondered when it'll be over as she wasn't in the mood to continue.

The group date had started a little after four by going to an amusement park first where they spent at least an hour playing games and riding rides. Then they went to a noraebong and spent two hours there. Now here they were at a restaurant eating grilled meat and playing drinking games. Melanie wasn't exactly sure on why she had joined the twins on this group date hangout with their friends, but she had nothing else to do on a Friday night. Plus, the twins needed another person as their other friend bailed last minute. Anyways, when they suggested another round Melanie declined not wanting to drink further and felt like going home all of a sudden.

"Aww, don't be like that, Melanie."

One of the males said as another male instantly poured her another shot while speaking.

"Yeah, I agree with Raesung. We're all just having fun and getting to know one another better."

The guy next to him on the other side spoke as well.

"Also if you decline in playing another round, then you still have to take a shot. Right, Kyungmok?"

He looked at Kyungmok who nodded.

"Right, Sechang."

"Why?" Melanie asked confused.

"It was part of the rule."

One of Jasmine's friends told her as Melanie looked at her.

"What rule was that, Aeri?"

Before Aeri responded the two girls besides her spoke with judging looks.

"Don't you remember?"

"We announced the rules before we started playing."

"Well, I don't remember the rules, Minjin and Sarang" Melanie shot them a feign smile while not trying to roll her eyes at the moment, "But I do know that I don't wanna drink anymore. So, sorry."

She wasn't sorry as pushed the filled cup away from her, but Kyungmok who had poured her a glass pushed it back towards her.

"Rules are rules, Melanie. You can't back out."

"It's only a game. So of course I can back out, Kyungmok."

Melanie pushed it away from her, but the male repeated his actions.

"Just drink it and we can continue the game, Melanie."

Another friend of Jasmine said in an annoyed tone as Melanie cast her a look.

"And like I said to the others, Jinkyoung, but I don't want to continue."

"Seriously, it's not that hard. Just drink it."

"Yeah, don't bring down the mood."

"For real. We were all having fun and now you wanna ruin it."

Melanie wished she didn't come, but she cast the two that had spoken a polite smile.

"We can still have fun with everyone else, Yunkyung, Sori, and Eunji. I just don't want to drink or play."

She couldn't stand these girls and wondered how the twins could deal with them. Melanie soon became annoyed at their insistence while she looked to the twins for help.

"Hey, hey. If Melanie doesnt want to drink, then she doesn't have to." Katherine intervened with a calm tone. "Right."

"Yeah, I'll just take the shot and we can continue." Jasmine volunteered as she motioned for Melanie to pass her the shot. "Give it to me."

"You can't, Jasmine." Sori exclaimed.

"Why not?" Melanie asked perplexed.

"We can't take the shots of our own group." Jinkyoung explained as Sarang added. "It has to be a Knight from the other side."

"Yeah." The other females agreed and Melanie was annoyed and she thought to herself that this was the last group date she would go to.

"Fine. Do any of you wanna be the knight and drink it?" Melanie asked looking over at them as the males glanced at one another excitedly.

"Jisoo wants to be your Knight!" Raesung announced as he shook the guy beside him who became all shy. "Right, Jisoo?"

Jisoo nodded eagerly although he avoided looking at Melanie.

"No! You have to drink it because you wanna quit." Sarangh clarified which confused Melanie.

"But you just said, you know what, nevermind."

Melanie gave up not wanting to argue with them over the inconsistency of all this. She will never hang out with them ever again even if they were Jasmine's buddies.

"I just have to drink it and I don't have to play anymore, right?" She asked to confirmed.

"Right!" The females sans the twins agreed happily.

"Melanie, you don't have to." Katherine reasoned as Jasmine agreed. "Yeah. Forget the rules and just pass it to me."

"Drink it! Drink it!" The table suddenly chanted while clapping thanks to the other girls.

"Yeah! Drink it! Drink it!" The males soon joined in being even more excited than the females.

"Melanie." Katherine said while placing a hand on Melanie's hand to let her know that she didn't have to.

"Yeah, I'll just take it." Jasmine said as she offered her hand once more for Melanie to pass her the glass.

Melanie shot the twins a smile and shook her head as she picked up the small glass and was about to bring it towards her lips when another hand softly gripped her wrist to stop her movements. Everyone instantly grew quiet and stopped clapping when the mystery person appeared. Melanie followed the owner's hand which led her to be Jaehyun's. Her eyes widened at his appearance and she wondered where did he come from and why was he even here stopping her. Jaehyun cast her a sweet smile while using his other hand to take the glass from her. Before Melanie could say something to him, Jaehyun had already down the drink and placed the cup face down on the table like it was nothing.

"She's free to go, right?" Jaehyun asked while glancing at the people of her table with a sweet smile although his eyes said otherwise.

The males were left speechless by the action that another male had interferred in their group hangout and looked at one another wondering what they should do. As for the females sans the twins they were mesmerized by Jaehyun's presence and couldn't stop oogling the male. Since the twins weren't phased from Jaehyun's presence they took this moment as an opportunity for Melanie to escape without notice.

"Yes, she's free!" The twins responded with grateful smiles. "Bye, Melanie. See you at home."

"Uh, yeah, right." Melanie responded slowly trying to process the situation. "See you at home."

"Thank you." Jaehyun thanked Jasmine and Katherine while tugging on Melanie's hand that he was still holding. "Let's go."

Melanie nodded slowly and let the male pulled her along from out of the situation feeling quite relieve at the moment, but was still curious about why Jaehyun helped her out just now though. The pair exited the restaurant and into the cool night air where Jaehyun realized that he was holding Melanie's hand and immediately let go.

"Ah, sorry about that." Jaehyun aplogized as he grew sheepish while averting his eyes away.

"It's okay, but thank you." Melanie thanked him with a smile. "I'm sorry that you got involved again."

"Well, I just happened to overhear the conversation and thought I'll help out somehow."

"I see."

Melanie then glanced around her and wondered if Jaehyun was alone or not since he appeared he wasn't in a rush to leave.

"Did you come here with your friends?"

"Yeah, but we were on our way out."

"Oh, sorry that they didn't wait for you."

"No, they were headed somewhere after and knew that I wasn't in the mood to join them."

He briefly glanced at Melanie before adverting his gaze to the scene around him.

"Anyways, some of your friends didn't look like all that please of your departure."

"Ah, well only two of them are my friends. The rest are friends of theirs and that's why they weren't pleased."

"Oh."

Melanie cast him another apologetic look.

"Once again, I'm really sorry that you had a good night up until you had to experience that just now."

"It's really no big deal."

"Okay, but thank you. Anyways," Melanie slowly said as she took a few steps back, "I'm just gonna go so see you around."

"Ah wait."

Jaehyun held out his hand like he was going to grab her, but dropped it when he realized that. Melanie quirked an eyebrow wondering what he wanted. Jaehyun glanced around their surrounding before looking over at Melanie with a gentle smile.

"I'll take you home since it's getting late."

"You're home early." Serena commented upon seeing her sister enter the apartment, but without the twins. "Jasmine and Katherine?"

"Still there and let me off the hook." Melanie answered in a tired tone while taking off her shoes and crashing onto the sofa. "I'm done with gro

Please log in to read the full chapter