5. DREAM IN A DREAM

To The World [incomplete, hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Has everyone enjoyed their cake so far?" Serena asked once they returned, but didn't really wait for a response as it was a rhetorical question. "I hope it was really super duper tasty! Anyways, sorry for the long wait as our group were discussing on a few things."

What she meant by this was the discussion the quartet had with the group of seven on which songs to perform and quickly prep for.

"So to inform you all at the very last minute is that AxA is going to deviate away from our previous prepared set of songs and do something different before we end our performances tonight. We hope you'll enjoy these stages as much as you've enjoyed the earlier ones."

The quartet noticed Skyler's confused expression as this wasn't part of the show. Luckily, she gave them a thumbs up in encouragement and awaited what the new set of songs would be. The girls shot her a thanking smile before Serena turned her head to look at the other three with a knowing look although still feeling anxious about it all. Serena felt it was kinda sudden to change it up at the last minute due to the requests of the seven young men from earlier. The males have asked them if they could cover a few songs from NCT to which Jasmine was well aware of it consisting of Hansol's friends and agreed to it immediately.

At first the seven NCT members thought they would have to give out a lot of explanations and suggestions of which songs should be done and which songs shouldn't be performed, but they didn't have to. Once they learned that Jasmine knew of them and was even a super fan they grew excited about AxA covering some of their songs and that they'll be able to see it live. On the other hand, Katherine knew of NCT because of Jasmine's constant talking about them and so did the other two, but they knew the songs and dances more than they knew who were the actual members themselves. This was where the cousins learned that Ten and Lucas were a part of it, too. Sure the four were close, but they never really talked about this sort of thing within their own personal life with one another.

Although they wondered what would Ten think when he found about his two cousins also being an online music group. They knew if Lucas found out he wouldn't stop talking about it and probably asked to do a collab or some sort. Anyways, for Roseate Bloom, NCT was just like them except that they released their own original content from time to time along with their own covers. The two groups have never interacted online and now that they were offline did they sort of face to face without the other knowing who they really were as they were for now known as AxA. Anyways, Serena faced the crowd again after the trio gave her an urging look to continue on with Jasmine more excited than the other two.

"Um, we're going to be doing some songs from an online group called NCT," Serena stopped talking when she heard loud gasps and even a few fan-like screams which made her pause in mid-sentence, but resumed a moment after once she quickly recovered, "I hope you enjoy our covers of these NCT songs."

The quartet heard excessive loud cheering and yells and could only assume it had to be the seven young males of NCT expressing their total gratitude and fanboy-like feels. The four let out calm breaths while taking off their heels as they knew it would be better that way and so that they wouldn't trip over it either. They then signaled to DJ Amourette to do her thing. Soon enough the first NCT song that played was Dream In A Dream which was solely sung by Ten. Serena was the main dancer for the performance although the dance formation was slightly adjusted as the other three followed her lead. Jasmine started out the song first.

[JASMINE] I'm staying up
[MELANIE] I don't wanna come down from your love
[SERENA] We'll get lost together let me flow
[JASMINE] Don't ever let me come down from your love
[KATHERINE] From your love, [SERENA] from your love

Ten was surprised to see his song and dance being performed and covered by AxA. Ten looked over at the youngest members knowing it had to be their doing as they were supposed to go back home. He was impressed by their moves, but couldn't help wondered why he found them familiar. Well, more like the blonde and the one with burgundy hair colors. It was at the tip of his tongue and mind, but nothing for sure made it clear on who they could be. For now he enjoyed the stage perform him and applauded their continual use of the English language.

[MELANIE] I'm staying up
[KATHERINE] I don't wanna come down from your love
[SERENA] We'll get lost together let me flow
[MELANIE] Don't ever let me come down from your love
[JASMINE] From your love, [SERENA] from your love

Just like Ten, the four males that had actually danced and interacted with AxA were shocked that the females were going to perform their group's music. Sure they weren't famous idols, but with the connections they had they could be. Still it was more for fun than anything else. Sure they were a rising online celebrity and had a decent following, but it was just use to blow off steam and escape from their life from time to time. Music was a great way to release their stress.

[KATHERINE] I'm staying up
[JASMINE] I don't wanna come down from your love
[SERENA] We'll get lost together let me flow
[KATHERINE] Don't ever let me come down from your love
[MELANIE] From your love, [SERENA] from your love

When Dream In A Dream came to an end, the group moved onto the next song which was Dream Launch. The other NCT members were totally surprised that AxA was doing a song in Chinese, but then again the girls have been perorming in both Korean and English throughout the whole night. The other younger seven members cheered super loudly as they were happy to be witnessing this and didn't have to go home early. The rest of the table just watched and listened with anticipation of how AxA will do. Jasmine once again started out the song before they all sang the next line as a whole.

[JASMINE] Yeah, let's go

[ALL] The galaxy is swaying
I am still learning to steer
Launching our dreams into distant outer space
Even if I lose balance
There's still a smile on my face
Waiting for the dream launch to accelerate closer to success
[KATHERINE] Oh yeah, yeah

The boys were surprised that the girls' pronunciation didn't stick out as much. Sure there was some slight accent here and there, but it was passable. Still though it couldn't be for sure until they sang individually. It's because as a whole, the others could make up for the other that was lacking.

[JASMINE] I soundlessly shout
Feeling dizzy from gliding
My heart almost jumping out
My hair is also tousled by the wind
[MELANIE] What is called
Counting down now, four, three, two, one
I rush forward bravely
There's no time for me to turn around

[SERENA] I'm scared I'll mess up the route
So I keep tring to catch up with how the world works
[KATHERINE] Throwing away all my fears
It's alright so far
[JASMINE] My face that was once childish
Is slowly growing older these days

[KATHERINE] If a star beyond light years
Still shines as brightly
[SERENA] Then every push is a step forward
Ready, yeah
[MELANIE] If youth is the cause
Then the ideal fuel is passion
Let's decide it like this
[KATHERINE] Oh, yeah

Yeah, the group of males were impressed as individuals as they did quite well despite the slightly obvious accent. The older ones were starting to highly appreciate the younger members in convincing AxA to cover their songs. Maybe they should forget about the whole curfew thing. Maybe. Other than that, the boys were even ore surprised to see the girls coming up with a choreography for the song as it didn't have an official choreography.

[ALL] The galaxy is swaying
I am still learning to steer
Launching our dreams into distant outer space
Even if I lose balance
There's still a smile on my face
Waiting for the dream launch to accelerate closer to success
[KATHERINE] Oh yeah, yeah

[MELANIE] What is bravery
Is it nervousness
Is it being weightless
Accidentally knocking your sense of direction
When can you land at the top of the world
But that's okay 'cause
You know I'm not alone

[JASMINE] And you're always there to boost my courage
Let's keep up the good work
The road's smoother, yeah
Expressing my own goals and views
Arriving wherever I want to go
Brushing my shoulders

[MELANIE] Want to become a guiding star
Increasing my perserverance to work hard
[SERENA] Every push should also be a step forward
Ready, yeah
[KATHERINE] Youth is the blueprint for you and I
The plans for our aspirations become more streamline
[MEANIE] That's the deal we'll make
[KATHERINE] Ooh baby

[ALL] The galaxy is swaying
I am still learning to steer
Launching our dreams into distant outer space
Even if I lose balance
There's still a smile on my face
Waiting for the dream launch to accelerate closer to success
[KATHERINE] Oh yeah, yeah

[SERENA] Despite laughing I'm dreaming
[KATHERINE] Are you thinking what I'm thinking
[MEANIE] If it's a dream then why is it still fresh in my memory
[JASMINE] I'm testing my tolerance with a new attitude
[MELANIE] I'm looking forward to the moment I soar up and meet all of my expectations
[SERENA] I want to live

[ALL] Fly in the universe
[JASMINE] No, I should say
[ALL] The galaxy can also be moved
I'll take control of my future
[KATHERINE] (Hey, woah with me)
[ALL] Launching my dreams into [MELANIE] (another) [ALL] distant outer space
[KATHERINE] (Never wasting a second)
[ALL] The cold wind from flying [MELANIE] (ooh yeah) [ALL] can't wipe away my smile
[ALL] Waiting for the dream launch to accelerate closer to success
[JASMINE] (I'll never look for excuses to slow down)
[ALL] Oh yeah, yeah

The males couldn't help but jam out to their own songs and even sang along, but as quietly as possible as they noticed they were getting stared at. Well, some didn't care and some did. It was an interesting table during this moment.

[ALL] Here we go, here we go, fire
[KATHERINE] (Ooh yeah)
[ALL] Here it goes, here it goes, higher
[ALICE] (Little bit higher)
[ALL] Oh oh [SERENA] (ay!)
[KATHERINE] (Yeah)
[ALL] Oh oh [JASMINE] (ay!)

[SERENA] Just a little bit
[ALL] Here we go, here we go, fire
[ALICE] (Fire again)
[ALL] Here it goes, here it goes, higher
[ALICE] (Little bit higher)
[ALL] Oh oh [KATHERINE] (ay!)
[ALL] Oh oh [KATHERINE] (ay!)

[JASMINE] No matter how long we wait

NCT, especially the younger ones, clapped with lots of enthusiasm an even let out a few cheers here and there as they were impressed by AxA's language abilities. They were still impressed by the dance moves they gave to Dream Launch and maybe they'll ask the girls about a collab in the future. As for the girls they continued on with the next song of Sun & Moon as they wanted to do a ballad before finishing off the last three songs with the whole dance moves and what not. Well, that's what Jasmine wanted and the other three complied. Once again, Jasmine started out the song for the third time.

[JASMINE] I see you even when I close my eyes

Please log in to read the full chapter