TTW 2.0 02 - Date

To The World [incomplete, hiatus]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Serena and Melanie were dragged to a few different cafe thanks to Lucas and Mark after dropping all of their white gifts at their apartment and changing outfits for the fun outing per request of the males. The quartet were currently seated with each pair having a large bowl of patbingsoo in-between them at their fourth cafe visit.

"Why are we doing this again?" Serena asked with a tired tone not really in the mood to eat the dessert.

"Ten told us to treat you guys out, too." Lucas explained nonchalantly as he shot her a giddy look. "So just enjoy the time we're creating."

"He knows that I'm fine being alone." Serena grumbled as the other three laughed knowing that that was true.

"So what else does he want you guys to do?" Melanie asked as she observed the dessert with interest.

"Well,  he wanted us to take you guys out to eat, but then he also wanted to include shopping and the amusement park." Mark answered.

"Oh my life." Serena groaned as the others laughed.

"Seriously though, Ten wanted us to treat you guys to the best date ever." Mark further explained with a shy laugh. "Something like that."

"That's so dumb." Serena commented still in a gloomy mood. "Don't you guys have other things to do?"

"Not really." Mark said as he put a spoonful of the dessert into his mouth before speaking. "We don't mind. Plus, Ten said he would rather have us than random people."

"I'ma murder him when I see him next time." Serena grumbled before looking over at her sister. "Hey, let's switch. You deal with Lucas and I'll deal with Mark instead."

Lucas mocked gasped.

"You're gonna dump me just like that?"

"Mmhmm."

Lucas moved the dessert closer to him.

"No patbingsoo for you."

"That's fine. I don't really like that, but Melanie's the one that enjoys eating it."

"Yeah, pretty much." Melanie agreed already eating a fourth of the dessert.

"Wow. I just can't win with you at all." Lucas said with a dejected look.

"Mmhmm." Serena hummed happily.

The other pair laughed as Lucas grumpily ate the patbingsoo, but didn't want to give up.

"So what do you wanna eat then? I'll buy it for you. My treat."

"It's fine, Lucas. You don't have to treat me out because of what Ten told you guys to do."

"No, no. You're my friend and I wanna make sure you're enjoying yourself, Rena." He shot her a sweet look. "For real. What do you want?"

Serena glanced at Mark who caught her eyes, but turned away knowing what she was gonna ask him.

"Mark. Please slapped some sense into your friend over there. I'm fine. I don't need anything."

Mark pretended he didn't hear and continued eating his share of the patbingsoo with Melanie. Serena rolled her eyes at her friend's behavior while Melanie slightly nudged her sister's leg with her foot.

"Just be nice. Lucas is trying to give you something you don't have."

"What is that?"

"Boyfriend experiences."

The males burst into laughter as Melanie joined them.

"Wow. ed up." Serena stated with a frown knowing full well that this was a common bantering thing between them.

"No, but seriously, Rena. We're all friends here and just having a good time together." Mark reasoned.

Serena frowned before speaking. "Nothing romantic about any of that."

"Unless you want it to be romantic." Lucas jest and Serena wanted to smack him.

Lucas laughed knowing what she wanted to do and back off.

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry."

"It's fine." Serena assured him with a small smile as she gave in. "I'll take a rosehip milk bubble tea, Lucas."

"Okay, but help me finish this first. This is too much." Lucas reasoned as he pushed the dessert closer to her.

Serena sighed.

"Ugh. Why did you order this in the first place?"

"Just eat it." Melanie ordered. "It's not like you're the one that bought it."

"Yeah, yeah."

The rest of the so-called date continued like usual as the four friends caught up with one another.

"Okay, where to next?" Mark asked once the group left the cafe and walked in a random direction.

"Weren't you guys supposed to have something planned?" Melanie asked with a laugh. "Or were the cafe visits the only thing y'all thought of and would wing it after based on Serena and mine suggestion?"

"Okay, you got us." Lucas admitted with a laugh. "We honestly thought about going to the amusement near the end and shop in between, but we know how Serena is so we didn't."

"Yout bet I hate shopping unless it's food related or toys and whatever."

"Oh, you'll get over it. How about we go shopping?" Melanie suggested. "Or we can hang out at the park. Oh, we can go to an amusement park still if y'all want or to the movies instead."

"Oh movies for sure." Mark agreed. "I haven't been to one in a while."

"How about we call it a day and you can report to Ten that we had a lovely time." Serena suggested instead with a hopeful tone.

"Why are you always trying to get out of doing stuff, huh?"

Lucas wrapped an arm around her in a playful matter as Serena tried to get out of his hold.

"Why are you always so touchy-feely, huh?"

Serena managed to elbow the male and he let go of her with a laugh.

"You're so easy to messed with that's why."

Lucas ruffled her hair and Serena smacked his hand away.

"Shut up and stuff messing with my hair. Sheesh."

"Anyways, I actually agree with Serena this time now that I think about it." Melanie said with a nod after thinking about it. "It's already been a long day today and I'm sure we all have stuff to do after this, right?"

"You sure?" Mark asked skeptically as Melanie nodded.

Still though Mark wasn't convinced.

"You hardly agree with what Rena says."

"Wow, Mark. You didn't have to say that out loud." Serena remarked as the male laugh. "My bad, my bad, but it's true."

"Yeah, I know." Melanie acknowledged with a laugh. "But this one time is different."

"But you guys really don't wanna do anything else after this?" Lucas asked to confirm. "We can stil go to the movies or play games."

"Honestly, I really didn't want to do anything today." Serena confessed with a tired tone. "But I got roped into so many things."

"You'll live." Melanie told her sister with a laugh. "You need to live a little."

"I do live."

"Sleeping all day and eating at night while watching dramas or playing video games is not living, Rena." Lucas said as he shot her a knowing look. "That's why you need me in your life to spice it up."

"No thanks, Lucas. I'm good with my life, but it's not like I can force you out since I've tried that already."

"I know. My sides still hurts when I think about it."

"Good. You deserved it for breaking my ."

"I did say sorry."

"I know, but we weren't friends then."

"Oh, so you do acknowledged that we're friends now."

"No."

The other two laughed as Lucas just rolled his eyes before grinning playfully while pulling Serena closer to him.

"Aww, does that mean you wished you were my girlfriend."

"Ugh, not even."

Serena squirmed to get out of his hold as Lucas laughed while letting her go. He blocked her little hits as Serena huffed.

"You're so annoying."

The other three laughed as Serena gave the male one more slapped just as the sisters heard their names being called from familiar voices behind them. The group turned to the source and saw that it was the twins calling out for the female pair.

"Serena! Melanie!" Katherine and Jasmine yelled out looking quite relieved upon reaching them.

"Come help us." Jasmine told them before noticing the two males. "Oh? Are we interrupting?"

"Not really." Serena answered in a nonchalant tone.

"Really?" Jasmine cast them a secretive look which they didn't quite comprehend.

Katherine intervened.

"Well, it's not that urgent, but it has something to do with the group date."

"Group date?" Mark questioned as he looked at his female friends with a sly look. "So you guys did have plans for today."

"I said I would think about it." Melanie corrected him before looking at the twins. "What's up?"

"We need more girls." They chimed.

"But what about the other girls?" Serena asked confused. "I thought there was only eight. No?"

"Yeah, well the two girls Katherine and I didn't know couldn't make it. So we still need two more girls." Jasmine explained.

"Oh, really? Just two?" Lucas cooed in a playful tone. "By all means, please take them."

He pushed his friends to go participate in the group date as Serena glared at him.

"Don't decide things for me."

"I just did now go."

Please log in to read the full chapter